/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Official: Plane crashes in Pakistan; 121 people on board

Ramadan90
04-20-2012, 04:42 PM
Islamabad, Pakistan (CNN) -- A commercial airplane carrying at least 121 people crashed Friday in Rawalpindi just before it was to land at an airport in Islamabad, according to Pakistan's Civil Aviation Authority, which cited poor weather as a possible factor.The Bhoja Air Boeing 737 was on its first flight from Karachi to Islamabad, authority spokesman Pervaz George told CNN, who said weather conditions in the capital were cloudy. Officials initially reported that 131 people were on board, but George later reduced that number.There were no survivors.The crash occurred near the Chaklala airbase, which the Pakistani air force uses, and is adjacent to the Benazir Bhutto International Airport in Islamabad.Debris was scattered across the crash site as workers sifted through the wreckage in the heavily populated residential area.
Authorities are investigating what may have caused the crash and the potential for additional casualties at the crash site.Investigators are "going to be looking at technology," aviation security consultant Greg Feith said. "What kind of radio equipment, what kind of ground proximity warning system the aircraft was equipped with, weather radar, things like that ... since the weather may be a factor in this accident."In 2010,152 people were killed when a Pakistani passenger plane crashed on the outskirts of Islamabad, Pakistan's capital.That plane was also was coming from Karachi when it crashed into a hillside while trying to land, officials said at the time.The first known commercial passenger airplane crash occurred in Pakistan in 1953 when a Canadian Pacific DH-106 Comet crashed shortly after takeoff from Karachi. That crash killed 11 people on board.

http://edition.cnn.com/2012/04/20/world/pakistan-plane-crash/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
AabiruSabeel
04-20-2012, 05:02 PM
Inna lillahi wa inna ilaihi raji'oon. May Allah forgive them all and grant sabr to their relatives and friends. May Allah safeguard us from such accidents and never let them happen again.

Ramadan90
04-20-2012, 05:10 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by AabiruSabeel
Inna lillahi wa inna ilaihi raji'oon. May Allah forgive them all and grant sabr to their relatives and friends. May Allah safeguard us from such accidents and never let them happen again.
Ameen brother! This is such a tragedy, but we will ALL return to Allah. May Allah forgive them and ease the pain for the families and friends.

White Rose
04-20-2012, 05:23 PM
Inna lillahi wa inna ilaihi raji'oon.

May Allah forgive them all and grant sabr to their relatives and friends. May Allah safeguard us from such accidents and never let them happen again.
Ameen

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Jedi_Mindset
04-20-2012, 05:23 PM
Inna lillahi wa inna ilaihi raji'oon

May Allah subhana wa'a ta'ala forgive their sins and grant patience to their families and friends, may HE also grant them jannah. Ameen.

Really sad news, death can come any moment, where ever you are, it will come get you, when Allah wills. Its a sad tragedy, but a reminder for us all.

May Allah protect us from the punishment of fire and may HE let us die with much imaan in our hearts. Ameen

Haya emaan
04-20-2012, 06:02 PM
Inna lillahi wa inna ilaihi raji'oon

may Allah give sabr to their families...
not long time gone when many suffered the plane crash in the same city.. and now again..:(

Endymion
04-20-2012, 06:39 PM
Inna lillahi wa inna ileyhi rajioon.The crying of affected families is really painful imsad

Periwinkle18
04-20-2012, 07:07 PM
inna lillahe wa inna elayhe rajion i heard really sad new :( reminded me of the Air blue crash we knew ppl who died in tht crash may Allah forgive all of them n grant them jannah ul firdos ameen

~Raindrop~
04-20-2012, 07:36 PM
Inna lillahi WA inna ilayhi raji'oon

Ameen thumma Ameen to all the above duas
The teacher of Hadith at the the renown and prestigious Madrasah Binnori Town, Karachi, Maulana Ata ur Rahman - may Allah have mercy on him - was on that flight :cry:

I pray that Allah gives sabr and thabat to the grieving families.

asiya45
04-20-2012, 07:36 PM
:sl:
Inna lillahi wa inna ilaihi raji'oon!!
Ameen Brother!
May Allah Forgive their sins, their Families and ours as well!
:heated: May Allah make this a lesson for all of us, and for us to start praying to ALLAH and ask for fogiveness before its to late!

Muslim Woman
04-21-2012, 02:32 AM
:sl:

Inna lillahi wa inna ilaihi raji'oon . May Allah forgive them all and give sabr to family members . Let us learn the lesson from this accident that we all will return to Allah and must not give much importance on earthy life.

CosmicPathos
04-21-2012, 05:25 PM
There is a man at the airport whose 2 daughters were on this plane.

instead of receiving them alive, he received their charred body parts, cut from each other, legs here, arms there, head here, feet there. His life will be misery from now on till he dies after seeing what his own loins produced in such a defeated way. I hope he finds some peace in this dunya.

And I hate to know that human life moves on. Same fate awaits us and humans will move on when we die. And then I am being asked to love these very humans while I am alive? funny Homo sapiens.

Ramadan90
04-21-2012, 06:53 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by CosmicPathos
There is a man at the airport whose 2 daughters were on this plane.

instead of receiving them alive, he received their charred body parts, cut from each other, legs here, arms there, head here, feet there. His life will be misery from now on till he dies after seeing what his own loins produced in such a defeated way. I hope he finds some peace in this dunya.

And I hate to know that human life moves on. Same fate awaits us and humans will move on when we die. And then I am being asked to love these very humans while I am alive? funny Homo sapiens.
Ameen to the dua.

This is what every one who lost their beloved think which is normal, but Allah gives and Allah takes. I cant even imagine how it feels to lose someone very close to me so I will not say that I understand how it feels, because I dont. At the end of the day, human beings are egoistic in nature except the believers who fight against it. This is a test.

Samiun
04-21-2012, 11:03 PM
:sl: innalilahiwainnallillahirajiuun. It's these kind of accidents I'm worried whenever I am on board a plane especially with the latest boeing which is the A380. Could you imagine how many fatalities would result if that
aeroplane crashes?

Jedi_Mindset
04-22-2012, 11:53 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Samiun
:sl: innalilahiwainnallillahirajiuun. It's these kind of accidents I'm worried whenever I am on board a plane especially with the latest boeing which is the A380. Could you imagine how many fatalities would result if that
aeroplane crashes?
It is Allahs will if a plane crashes, and if it crashes, so be it, then it will be your time to return to our Lord. Or you will survive. I maybe sound harsh, but this is the truth. Don't be afraid bro, nothing is gonna happen without the will of Allah ;)

Ramadan90
04-22-2012, 09:29 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Jedi_Mindset
It is Allahs will if a plane crashes, and if it crashes, so be it, then it will be your time to return to our Lord. Or you will survive. I maybe sound harsh, but this is the truth. Don't be afraid bro, nothing is gonna happen without the will of Allah ;)
Still scary nonetheless. Just imagine the panic and fear the people in the plain must have felt, oooo I just dont want to think about it.imsadimsad

~Raindrop~
04-23-2012, 04:10 AM
Please stay on topic.

All off-topic posts removed.

Repeated off-topic posts will result in warnings/infractions.

Jedi_Mindset
04-23-2012, 02:05 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Allah<3
Still scary nonetheless. Just imagine the panic and fear the people in the plain must have felt, oooo I just dont want to think about it.imsadimsad
I only replied because he said this:

aeroplane crashes?
He doesn't have to be worried, car crashes do happen alot more, even train crashes. A airplane is very safe, if you compare it to trains, cars. And if it happens so be it. What can you do about it when its the will of Allah?

Periwinkle18
04-23-2012, 04:47 PM

He doesn't have to be worried, car crashes do happen alot more, even train crashes. A airplane is very safe, if you compare it to trains, cars. And if it happens so be it. What can you do about it when its the will of Allah?
she wasnt talking abt u akhi :)

Ramadan90
04-23-2012, 07:01 PM

And I only stated the fact that it is still a scary situation to be in nonetheless, even if it is Allahs will which I am well aware of.

Jedi_Mindset
04-23-2012, 07:47 PM
I think we might have a misunderstanding.... :p

I am not talking about the situation if it was scary or not...ofcourse it is. I am talking that you don't have to be worried when entering a plane. accidents(deadly or not) are around every corner, even in your house, should i be worried about that all the time? ;) Death can come at any time, date or place(should i be worried about that all the time, for example when i take the bus?).

I am rather worried about in which state i die- hope its the moment when my heart is filled with imaan Insha'Allah

Anyway ontopic lol, i think i am talking about a other subject.. *facepalm*

Samiun
04-25-2012, 02:44 PM

Yeah I guess so, I just have feel that it'll crash and I do zikr a lot on airplanes.

LauraS
04-29-2012, 08:07 PM
Plane crashes are so terrible. These people are in my thoughts and we can only hope they find answers soon. :(

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!