/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Recipes that require a lot of eggs

Darth Ultor
04-21-2012, 08:30 PM
Okay, we have more than 20 eggs in the fridge. Eating omelettes, hard boiled eggs, and so forth doesn't really appeal to us and we need to get rid of those. I need suggestions for recipes (preferably desserts) that require a lot of eggs. Gotta also give the details.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ramadan90
04-21-2012, 08:36 PM
Send some so I can make swedish pancakes.;D

~Raindrop~
04-21-2012, 08:42 PM
Try making meringues, they look pretty and are very easy, make small ones with a swirl of colour for individual desserts.

Not sure what you'd do with the yolks though :unsure:

Edit: or French toast

جوري
04-21-2012, 08:45 PM
crème brûlée takes anywhere from 6 to 8 eggs fairly easy to make let me know if you want to know how

best,

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
جوري
04-21-2012, 08:48 PM

I buy vanilla paste because extract is tasteless not to mention alcoholic, beans are excellent too.. if you don't have the torch you can just caramelize the sugar on stove top..

best,

Alpha Dude
04-21-2012, 08:56 PM
Thinking outside the yolk here, you don't necessarily have to eat 'em. You could distribute them among your neighbours.

cOsMiCiNtUiTiOn
04-21-2012, 09:43 PM
what about flan? It's pretty simple :) You can make coffee flavored too, that's my personal favorite.

- cOsMiC

Beardo
04-22-2012, 03:25 AM
I was thinking flan / pudding as well.

dqsunday
04-22-2012, 03:43 AM
Lemon maringue pie... use up quite a few whites and you can buy the lemon filling powder or make it from scratch. For the yolks, cook it up and mix with rice, basically egg fried rice. Or can make egg drop soup. Can feed the egg yolks (cooked) to yoru dog or cat...as a treat. Mix with their regular food.

Or, in the spirit of Islam, give them to a poor family who may enjoy some eggs. Or if they are homeless can give them the hard boiled eggs to eat.

Endymion
04-22-2012, 05:09 PM
Try Anda ka Halwa (Egg Dessert).

Eggs – 12

Ghee – 1 1/2 cup

Sugar – 2 cups

Green cardamom seeds – 1 tsp

Desiccated coconut – 1 cup

Almond, pistachio – as required

Khoya or full cream milk powder – 1/2 cup

Method:

Take a wok, add ghee and cardamom seeds, fry for 1 sec. Take another bowl, add eggs and sugar and mix with whisk until sugar dissolves. Then put it in wok and keep stirring on a slightly high flame. While cooking, add coconut and fry until mixture turns into thick form and leaves the base of wok. Then add khoya, half dry fruit and take it off of the flame. Garnish with silver paper and dry fruit.
Add a few drops of food color if you like.
Its yummy trust me :statisfie

aadil77
04-23-2012, 10:58 AM
good ol' egg pudding

Periwinkle18
04-23-2012, 11:01 AM
make cakes!! i sponge cake is made out of eggs only 4 eggs r used in tht n the normal cake i make uses 3 eggs, do u understand urdu?? if not then i'll hav to translate the coffee crunch cake recipe for u.

Periwinkle18
04-23-2012, 11:02 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by aadil77
good ol' egg pudding
ahh pudding y didnt i think of tht

fahim kamran
04-25-2012, 04:20 AM
I'm going to post a recipe for breakfast tacos because you can freeze them to help you keep the tacos longer.
8 oz hashbrowns or cottage fries
1 lb sausage or chorizo
10 eggs
20-24 flour tortillas
Onion is optional
Cheese is optional
Start the potatoes in a little oil in a large skillet. As the potatoes start to cook, push to the outside of the skillet and put the sausage in the center. Brown the sausage and break into small ground pieces. As the sausage is finishing up, add the chopped onion to help control the grease. (If you've got too much grease, use paper towels to remove some.) Reduce the heat on the burner. Beat 10 eggs until well scrambled. Pour over the top and let the whole skillet fill. Once the eggs show some signs of cooking, stir to mix everything well. Microwave the tortillas so they will bend more easily. Assemble into tacos. If freezing, I usually put two together and wrap in plastic wrap. To pull out of the freezer - I usually let them defrost in the fridge for 24 hours and then heat in the mw for 90 sec. When serving, I serve with crumbled cheese and salsa and sometimes tabasco.

Hijabi3256
04-25-2012, 04:52 AM
Make tiramisu..its yummy!!!

Periwinkle18
04-25-2012, 06:25 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Aisha
Not sure what you'd do with the yolks though
well put honey and mayo in the yolks and apply on ur hair its an amazing conditioner i've done it n my hair is silky smooth :)

Hulk
04-25-2012, 06:40 AM
Oh man i love eggs im gonna love this thread but im not sure about putting mayo on my hair!lol

Periwinkle18
04-25-2012, 08:14 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Hulk
Oh man i love eggs im gonna love this thread but im not sure about putting mayo on my hair!lol
it works srsly try it

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!