/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Is it ok for practising muslim men to be addicted to playstation games?

anonymous
04-22-2012, 12:23 PM
Salams,

I am really concerned about my fiance's computer game addiction, he seems to be a practising muslim and is mashALlah good in salah and tries to practice all the other things too. But I am sooooo annoyed with his pc gaming that it actually boils my blood imsad Maybe in my house my bothers would play one game , once in a while when they're too free which doesnt happen now and were never addicted to the extent of being given the liberty to keep one huge LCD in one's bedroom and enjoy gaming on the spaciousness of one's bed :p

Although he says that he is trying to avoid it and wants to over come it, I see no practical steps being taken to get rid of it. And if anyone's seen the kind of characters these games have, they have a lot of sleazy women and weird un-watchable stuff.( not all the games but some games do) .

What do i do here, It is annoying me soooo much that I havent slept or spoken to anyone properly at home. We dont talk, but we had communicated through messaging about likes and dislikes and normal discussion. I am fearing that what if his addiction gets hard to handle for me? ofcourse if its so hard to fight it,for himself, how can I be able to help him get rid of it? Dont think wives can do anything in such a case besides just praying...:( or if any women out here have had to deal with it, please letme know how do they manage, i HATE gaming urrrrggggggg, and although i suggested for him to start outdoor physical activity, he's doing it but Always finds time for his games ..

How to handle, is gaming really really so personal with a guy of about 30 yrs of age? What must i do, how to respond, and if any men here have left gaming, i would like to know how ( ofcourse sell the computer,throw it out :P) or else i fear Im going to start thinking about messing up the wires or spilling something serious onto the machines once we get married which is soon IA...:( AstaghfirullAh this is evil :/

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
SFatima
04-27-2012, 12:32 PM
Asoa, give him a time frame to leave this habit and see how seriously he tries to stick to it perhaps?before you guys get married he must leave it!

Futuwwa
04-29-2012, 10:59 AM
There is nothing inherently immoral about gaming. Certain games are, but not gaming in itself. And maybe he thinks like that, but doesn't dare to say it due to social stigma or whatever. Maybe that's the reason he isn't making "progress" in quitting it. What you need is a honest discussion with him, one that doesn't presuppose that some specific thing is wrong with him and needs to change.

syed1
04-29-2012, 12:33 PM
find out what games he's playing and report back here and I'll tell you what to do

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
User29123
04-29-2012, 12:44 PM
Some games are very very addictive, does he ever get out? I play computer games a lot too, but I can control it at times. When new games come out I will be on it 24/7 for months and then will get bored, just make sure he is not buying new games :) he will get sick and tired of playing the old games (sometimes). I don't think you can even leave gaming I love it to bits. Spend time with him go out more... that might then stop it..

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!