/* */

PDA

View Full Version : asalaam alikum!

Tari
04-22-2012, 08:47 PM
Asalaam alikum

Well I need advice and I really hope that no one will judge me or will be offended by what I'll say or what I may have done. Part of the reason I signed up for this forum is to make sure that I'm not doing anything offensive.

Well there is this girl at my school that I really like. I have seen her around before, but I never talked to her until to my big surprise I walked into the finance class one day and she was sitting there. Man, I couldn't stop looking at her lol. I sat right next to her and didn't say anything. So the third day I just turned around and asked her what was her name. She told me, asked mine and we started chatting. She was really friendly with me and all. I could keep it inside and I just busted out "You're REALLY beautiful". She looked at me and smile and said thank you. After class she waited for me and we walked out together. Since then we have been doing it; she will wait for me and I'll walk her to her next class which is in the same building right after finance.

I'm not Muslim, but I know a fair amount of things about the religion because a lot of my friends are Muslim, and I basically grew up around people who practice Islam. I know about Haran in the Koran and some other stuff. I know that as a kafir, I'm not even supposed to look at this girl. I can't really help it and I have these feelings down inside me that I can't deny. I asked her out once, she accepted, but then told me that as a Muslim girl we can't hang out just the both of us. I completely understand so I told her it was fine. She said she appreciates it and that she finds it hard to convey sometimes since a lot of people seem not to understand where she is coming from in term of her believes. We still talk and all. She is half Iranian and half Turkish, but born and raised in the US. I'm black franco-cameroonian.

Anyway I really like this girl and I don't know what to do. She seems to like me too. I told her I'm looking forward to get to know her and she told me she is looking forward to get to know me too. Really don't judge me. I'm here because I'm serious and I don't want to either offend her or her family. How can I get to know this girl? I don't want to put her in situations that are forbidden by Allah, may peace be upon him. I also know that Muslims don't date. I don't care about it, but more about getting to know her, know her family, but I don't know how to do it in the rules of Islam.

Thanks in advance for the words of wisdom.

PS: I really like this forum by the way. I have been reading around. So much to learn.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Muslim Woman
04-23-2012, 05:42 AM
Salaam /Peace

Welcome to the forum .

I am a little bit surprised that as a non - Muslim u are concerned about halal - haram relationship .

U may start reading Quran . Ask us any questions u have about Islam . If u feel that Islam is the Truth , then accept it .

Later u may talk to her parents if u want to marry her . Without marrying a Muslim girl , it's not possible to know each other . Devil will inspire U 2 to committ sin ( may God Forbids ).

Wish u all the best.

Tari
04-28-2012, 04:45 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muslim Woman
Salaam /Peace

Welcome to the forum .

I am a little bit surprised that as a non - Muslim u are concerned about halal - haram relationship .

U may start reading Quran . Ask us any questions u have about Islam . If u feel that Islam is the Truth , then accept it .

Later u may talk to her parents if u want to marry her . Without marrying a Muslim girl , it's not possible to know each other . Devil will inspire U 2 to committ sin ( may God Forbids ).

Wish u all the best.
Thanks for the advice. I'm looking into Islam and I find it interresting. So for me there's no problem converting. Yes I care about haram relationship because she probably does to and I don't want to offende anybody. I just really like her,

PS: sorry for the late reply being busy with studies.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!