/* */

PDA

View Full Version : US Muslims lives regarding their religion

ayesha.ansari
04-23-2012, 05:58 AM
Islam religion which is more accepted by the people of the world in current era. Muslim in the United States have various problems in their daily lives but right after 9/11. Because the Perception of Non-Muslims about Islam is completely false. They considered that Islam is the sign of terrorism.

Read more from following link.....

American Muslims – Striving Hard To Bridge The Gap

Share your ideas regarding thread......

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Pygoscelis
04-23-2012, 07:53 PM
The public perception of muslims since 9/11, especially in the USA, is absolutely horrible and unfair. I have atheist friends in the southern US who get attacked daily for being atheist but even they will tell you that it is nothing compared to what muslims in their area face. Remember that kook that wanted to have a "burn a quran day"? At least as an atheist it is pretty easy to hide that you are one and there are no religious requirements that will give you away.

joboman24
04-23-2012, 11:05 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Pygoscelis
The public perception of muslims since 9/11, especially in the USA, is absolutely horrible and unfair. I have atheist friends in the southern US who get attacked daily for being atheist but even they will tell you that it is nothing compared to what muslims in their area face. Remember that kook that wanted to have a "burn a quran day"? At least as an atheist it is pretty easy to hide that you are one and there are no religious requirements that will give you away.
I completely agree. What has happened to muslims in america and other western countries after 9/11 has been completely unfair. But it is understandable based on anger. Just like the muslims would kill a white christian walking in the streets of Baghdad or make a mockery out of them at the least that is what the americans are doing.

joboman24
04-23-2012, 11:05 PM
It is 100% wrong nontheless.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Aprender
04-23-2012, 11:08 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by joboman24
Just like the muslims would kill a white christian walking in the streets of Baghdad or make a mockery out of them at the least that is what the americans are doing.
What is wrong with you? Take a Global Justice or international economic development class.

MustafaMc
04-23-2012, 11:11 PM
I stopped practicing Islam in 1985 due in part to the conflict with family and coworkers and to the association in the media of Islam with terrorism. I started practicing again in June 2001 and 9/11 was a test for me to stay the course or not. I have not received any backlash or hassle due to being a Muslim.

GodIsAll
04-24-2012, 12:12 AM
America is very big...and very diverse. I think a lot of it would depend on where in America you are. I don't know too many Muslims, but I have more and more Muslim students all the time. (Mostly, but not all, Bosnians). I, for one, enjoy having the opportunity to speak with them first hand about their cultures and religious beliefs.

As far as I can tell, they are accepted wholly by the other students in a student body of over 2000. No one really cares...

Muslims on this board are quick to remind us not to judge Islam based on the actions of a few (and rightly so!). That works both ways, too. I think nigh all Americans are smooth operators in regards to any one else's religious beliefs.

That being said: every nation and culture is bound to have a few idiots that do not portray an accurate image of the general public. The media gobbles these people up for the purpose of sensationalism.

Abz2000
04-24-2012, 12:18 AM
These are but a small band that are raging furiously against us- is what pharaoh said.
Maybe he called them terrorists and rebels too,
Did it make a difference in the greater scheme of Allah?
Nah, people will accept Islam the more they attack us and lIe about Islam, and it is an overt war on Islam and the majority of people who just hate based on the current media trend are just ignorant sheep for slaughter by their own "gods".

Who Am I?
04-24-2012, 12:25 AM
:sl:

For a while after my conversion, I agonized over whether or not to tell my family and friends. Eventually I decided not to tell any of them. I don't have to tell them and they don't have to know. Instead I will show them through my words and deeds that I am becoming a better man, and when they ask me about that, I can tell them that Islam is making me a better person. Then maybe they'll be more receptive once they see that I am not a raging terrorist.

TrueStranger
04-24-2012, 01:08 AM
I haven't so far faced any discrimination as a Muslim. Everyone has misconceptions about something, but I haven't encountered people who overtly proclaim their hatred for Muslims or carry out actions to harm a Muslim. There might be some individuals who completely hate Muslims, but I think the notion that the Law will hold them accountable is holding them back to a certain extent.

dqsunday
04-24-2012, 01:20 AM
Interesting article..wish it was proofread before being published though...bad grammer in several spots which makes it hard to read. And this is from somebody who's not all that great with grammer to begin with.

Either way, I really don't think Muslims are treated any differently than any other visiable minority in the US...people, do have a bad habit of pointing fingers and blaming the one who's different for anything. Whether that person is black, Chinese, Jew, Muslim, or White Supremist. I feel it is a human weakness to be quick to point fingers, or just follow the status quo/trends instead of thinking for one's self or better yet, finding out all sides of an issue before making an educated decision.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!