/* */

PDA

View Full Version : in depth, seerah of the prophet by yasir qadhi

tango92
04-23-2012, 06:52 PM
salam u alaycm

this is an amazing ongoing series which im hoping will be beneficial.

the seerah of our prophet is amazing and addictive especially the madinian part, in my humble opinion :D

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLC89682017B43845D&feature=plcp

t
his is one of the latest episodes

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
M.I.A.
04-23-2012, 09:04 PM
his narration of the quran is based on the events within the prophet muhammed's pbuh life..

how does this relate to the message as a message for the whole of mankind? its timelessness?

i find it contradictory at points in explanation.

from 3.40-5.00-6.20

whoever immigrates for the sake of allah.. eh hem emigrates

for how long does that verse apply?

as some of the later verses seem extremely specific in terms of the narration. i doubt that its an abrogated verse so please feel free to try and explain it to me.

...please dont reaffirm what he says in the video.. i heard him the first time.. just need it to make a little more sense to the senseless.

i mean no disrespect, if i didnt ask here where would i ask?

tango92
04-24-2012, 05:20 PM
^ ok - primarily the quran was revealed specifically in response to problems faced by the prophet (saws), in order than the islamic state be succesfully established.
but most of these rulings/advices also apply in general.

sometimes a narrative is given eg: the events at the battle of Uhud. - but we can derive lessons and benefits which are timeless eg obediance to the ruler, courage in the face of the enemy etc

also eg surah kafiroon - this was revealed specifcally in response to an event in the prophets life where the quraysh tried to get him to compromise on the religion by striking a deal with him. they said they would become muslim for one day and then the prophet worships idols for one day - so the surah came in response to it. - yet it has a message for us regardless.

it is also true that some verses are extremely specific, and if you have commentary of the quran it becomes clear that they refer to a time in the prophets life. also they are one of the basis for deriving rulings/shariah

ok the "contradictory explanation" - the prophet was the last to emigrate and until he did so the verses became stronger and more towards become obligatory - so when the prophet emigrated it became obligatory to emigrate

and the verse was abrogated as a matter of historical fact (according to the video) which makes sense because there is no need to emigrate after makkah is conquered ie there is no longer a fear of persecution

i hope that answered ur question...

M.I.A.
04-27-2012, 01:41 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by tango92
ok the "contradictory explanation" - the prophet was the last to emigrate and until he did so the verses became stronger and more towards become obligatory - so when the prophet emigrated it became obligatory to emigrate
it was the old man story and the response to it that i found contradictory.

format_quote Originally Posted by tango92
and the verse was abrogated as a matter of historical fact (according to the video) which makes sense because there is no need to emigrate after makkah is conquered ie there is no longer a fear of persecution

aw man i thought all those western muslims were going to get a free pass for a moment.. i guess the narration is very specific.

anyway i always thought about the quran in a very different way to an autobiography if miracles, i thought it a way to learn about the nature of god and his prophet pbuh.

but i guess it states the case brilliantly for all the prophets and religions...RELIGION.

there is a god manifest in there stories..there lives and they were made specifically to tell there own story.

so yeah just one then.. roughly paraphrased.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!