/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Lower Your Gaze & Save Your Faith, Young Man!

Tawangar
04-24-2012, 07:04 AM
It is reported that Hassân b. Abî Sinân (rah) went out one 'Eid and when he returned home his wife said, “How many beautiful women have you looked at today?” After she kept asking him, he said, “Woe to you! I have looked at nothing but my toe from when I went out to when I returned to you.”

It is reported on the authority of Al-Wakî’ b. Al-Jarrâh (rah):
We went out one 'Eid with Sufyân Al-Thawrî and he said, “The first thing we will do on this day of ours is to lower our gaze.”

Ibn Abi al-Dunya, Kitab al-Wara'. Taken from Sayings of the Salaf.
Wa Salam.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
~ Sabr ~
04-30-2012, 08:11 AM
:salamext:

Subhaan Allaah!! If only the men nowadays had this much taqwa....

Tawangar
05-08-2012, 07:58 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Haafizah

:wa:

The further away we go from the Khayr al-Quroon, the less the taqwa is going to be.

~ Sabr ~
05-08-2012, 07:59 AM
Khayr al-Quroon
???????

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Who Am I?
05-08-2012, 05:54 PM

Or they could just be socially awkward nerds who are uncomfortable around women... :hmm:

biz
05-08-2012, 07:51 PM
Khayr al-Quroon
also a "??" :P

They say if u lower your gaze and stick with it u will feel the sweetness of imaan.

Tawangar
05-09-2012, 09:30 AM
???????
Khayr al-Quroon = The Best of Times.
It includes the time of the Prophet (saw) and his Companions (Sahaba), the Followers (Tabi'in) and the Sub-followers (Tab-i-Tabi'in).
These generations are called the Salaf al-Saliheen or the pious predecessors and the time in which they lived is the best of times (Khayr al-Quroon).
Hope that helps.
Salam.

Tawangar
05-09-2012, 09:39 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Who Am I?
Or they could just be socially awkward nerds who are uncomfortable around women... :hmm:
Those who have been blessed with modesty (haya') tend to be socially awkward around the opposite sex......whether they are nerds or not.
:sl:

AhlaamBella
05-09-2012, 10:38 AM
SubhanAllah, there is a road near my house that is a.... "popular destination" come 'Eid time, or a cricket match. Let's just say - ain't nobody looking at their toes ^o)

Who Am I?
05-09-2012, 03:18 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Tawangar
Those who have been blessed with modesty (haya') tend to be socially awkward around the opposite sex......whether they are nerds or not.
:sl:
Hmmm.. I always thought it was my sheltered upbringing combined with my introverted personality that made me something of a social pariah...

Tawangar
05-10-2012, 09:00 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Who Am I?
Hmmm.. I always thought it was my sheltered upbringing combined with my introverted personality that made me something of a social pariah...
That and the goofy pic in your "mood".;D

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!