/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Sleeping Issues

Chaajo
04-24-2012, 04:19 PM
Salam alaikum. I don't know why when I wake up I find difficulty getting back to bed. I take like more than an hour to crawl in.
And this usually happens when I like wake up in middle of sleep/nap to drink water, perform my prayer before next one starts, check if someone's ringing the bell, etc. It kills me really.:exhausted
Anyone has the same thing here?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Sunnie Ameena
04-24-2012, 05:11 PM
I suffer from insomnia. When I wake up, if there is a lot of light in the room, then my mind is stimulated. So I try to use a night light, and that sorta helps.

jameelash
04-24-2012, 05:27 PM
salam,when u wake at night avoid drinking water.it may make you fresh.close ur eyes uttering dikr in mind.avoid noon sleep and u may try warm milk with honey b4 bed

GodIsAll
04-24-2012, 05:29 PM
I have BAD insomnia. Hate it. Its so frustrating.
Its not due to anxiety or anything...I just can't stop thinking.

Case in point: I have been awake since 5:00 am Sunday. If I don't sleep tonight (no guarantees) things will start getting reeeeaaaally weird. I may end up having conversations with a happy blue walrus in the middle of one of my lectures.

Obviously, I am not one to give you any good advice. Let me know if you find anything that works, though.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sunnie Ameena
04-24-2012, 05:55 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by GodIsAll
I have BAD insomnia. Hate it. Its so frustrating.
Its not due to anxiety or anything...I just can't stop thinking.
Yep, sounds like me. I do take two meds to help, and sometimes, it actually helps me fall asleep, usually it just relaxes me. I just can not stop thinking about anything and everything. One thing triggers another thought, and on and on. I have tried to listen to cd's of thunderstorms or other sounds, and it just makes me think of something else. grrrr.
Never had a conversation with a happy blue walrus, but sounds like it would be interesting. lol.

GodIsAll
04-24-2012, 06:14 PM
I usually don't get a visit from the walrus until I've been awake for 4 days straight.

The only time I find the insomnia useful is when I drive to Montana. 36 hours nonstop...no problem.

dqsunday
04-24-2012, 07:08 PM
I also have a mind that won't shut up when I am ready for bed. I try to dedicate part of my day walking or exercising on the treadmill (without having music or something on to distract me) and let my mind babble away in the vain hopes it will be quieter at night, instead of babbling away. It doesn't help that I have a very active imagination and end up running conversations through my head.

Since joining Islam, reading the Holy Qur'an before going to bed gives me something more constructive to think about instead of random role playing in my head. Though lately I have find myself thinking about how to go about telling my folks I have embraced Islam...

All in all, I sleep little cat naps, which does make it a bit easier to be awake in time for the Fajr Salat. I then ask Allah for help so I can get to sleep afterwards so I am not totally tired when I wake up for the day.

Chaajo
04-24-2012, 07:46 PM
Jazakum Allah khairokum sisters and brothers for answering back. Your answers sound interesting.
But give me an honest answer if you don't mind, did something like this interfere with your prayer before? I'm asking because I'd like to know how you cope.

dqsunday
04-24-2012, 08:29 PM
To be honest, I can't realy say its interferred in my prayers...though I did over sleep once. I only recently started praying all 5 prayers. I had been doing only one prayer for the first couple weeks of my joining Islam, after a short break, I am now doing all 5 prayers each day (for the last 4 days and Inshallah will continue doing so till Judgement Day) though I am tired all the time. (nothing new really, been tired all the time for years...but getting into better shape has lessened my exhaustion greatly. At least I have energy despite feeling tired).

I do ask Allah to silence my mind so I can sleep and it does seem to be working.

Salahudeen
04-24-2012, 11:24 PM
I have same problem, mind that doesn't stop thinking, racing thoughts etc but since I took Kalms medication, after about 3 weeks of taking it, I find it easier to sleep. It's a herbal remedy.

Relieves periods of worry, irritability, stresses & strains. Promotes natural sleep.
A traditional natural plant remedy.
Kalms is a traditional herbal remedy containing a blend of pure plant ingredients that can bring welcome relief from worry and irritability often caused by the stresses of modern living. Kalms helps to relieve these symptoms so promoting the natural sleep needed to dispel tiredness and lethargy during the day.
Not known to be habit forming.

Ingredients
Active ingredient per tablet: Hops Powder 45mg Extract of Valerian from 135mg Extract of Gentian from 90mg

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B000KU72S...SIN=B000KU72S8

GodIsAll
04-25-2012, 12:03 AM
This just happened:
I've been awake since Sunday and my wife just caught me trying to put the leftover chicken in the utensil drawer.
I'm going to bed...

fahim kamran
04-25-2012, 04:33 AM
Everyone should have a schedule to sleep. Do not sleep in evening, coz you do not sleep early at night. When you go to bed put on the night bulb. That will not hurt your eyes.

Hijabi3256
04-25-2012, 04:49 AM
Life is so stressfull..that is one reason why i cant sleep at times but usually reading Quran helps.

Chaajo
04-25-2012, 06:35 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by dqsunday
I only recently started praying all 5 prayers. I had been doing only one prayer for the first couple weeks of my joining Islam, after a short break, I am now doing all 5 prayers each day (for the last 4 days and Inshallah will continue doing so till Judgement Day) though I am tired all the time.
Mash'allah. You'll do great. I did the same thing like you when I first started learning how to pray regularly. You just got to wait till praying becomes part of your habits. Then it turns less tiring.

And once again thank you everyone for answering back. And of course I'd love to see more replies here. Your posts are welcome.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!