/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Canada

GodIsOne
04-28-2012, 03:18 AM
بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم

Hello everyone.

I'm an Indian who grew up as a Hindu in Canada until I started disbelieving for many years. I've now found my true faith in the Qu'ran. I like many other Indians grew up with a prejudiced view and general hatred of Islam and muslims until Allah revealed the truth. I've personally witnessed many of my fellow Indians persecuting me once they find out I now follow the Qu'ran despite the fact that I have Hindu names and have always appeared completely Indian. As a Hindu convert I receive more hatred from Indians than anyone else. I've never lost faith however, and I look forward to bonding with fellow believers and those who know the compassion of Allah.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
CosmicPathos
04-28-2012, 03:40 AM
Hello,

Welcome to Islam.

Would you mind sharing your age? Moreover, if you could tell us your reasons to convert to Islam from atheism (I take you mean atheism when you say disbelief).

Yes, unfortunately, many Hindus (these are youngsters, atheists and secularly educated) are against Islam. On the other hand, I know many Hindu learned men such as pandits who have nothing against Islam, and they believe all religious are true and that all religions lead to One Divine Truth.

GodIsOne
04-28-2012, 04:20 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by CosmicPathos
Hello,

Welcome to Islam.

Would you mind sharing your age? Moreover, if you could tell us your reasons to convert to Islam from atheism (I take you mean atheism when you say disbelief).

Yes, unfortunately, many Hindus (these are youngsters, atheists and secularly educated) are against Islam. On the other hand, I know many Hindu learned men such as pandits who have nothing against Islam, and they believe all religious are true and that all religions lead to One Divine Truth.
I'm currently a 22 year old student.

The thing with Atheism is that I could never find a religion that truly expressed my inner views, or that appealed to my sense of reason like Islam has. I spent many years thinking "God might exist, but who knows every religion seems kind of far-fetched." Of course this all changed once I began to finally read through and truly understand the Qu'ran. I'm a bit heretical in that I reject the Hadith and only follow the Qu'ran.

I was a deeply spiritual monotheist as a child. I never once believed in Hinduism as an actual faith and refused idolatry once I understood it. The problem with monotheism for me was that Christianity is full of hypocrisy and idolatry, and Islam was absolutely forbidden to even be discussed in my family's house. So I grew up following my own idea of god until I just lost direction and put all my attention on my personal life. Looking back I can see how foolish I was for not being more deeply spiritual.

Periwinkle18
04-28-2012, 06:19 AM
welcome to the forum :) hope u like it here

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
aadil77
04-28-2012, 06:47 AM
:wa:

Masha'Allah my brother, may Allah bless you and make it easy for you

Ğħαrєєвαħ
04-28-2012, 06:49 PM
Greetings of peace and AsSalaamu Alaaykum,

Welcome to the forum!

Hope you enjoy yourself and find the forum beneficial towards yourself, inshaa'Allaah..

Rhubarb Tart
04-29-2012, 01:00 PM
:salaam:

and

:welcome:

:)

Scimitar
05-04-2012, 03:56 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by GodIsOne
Sorry my mistake.

I meant that one can learn all about the oneness of Allah, and Allah's message to humanity through the Qu'ran.

Namaste: aap kahaan se hain bhai?
Hum Gujurat ke rehne waleh hai, lekin humara hinidi itna tez nahin hain. Gujurati hoon. :)

Aur aap?

Scimi

EDIT: www.kalamullah.com (free donwloads of books, films and lectures - as well as audio) :)

Muhammad
05-06-2012, 05:37 PM
Assalaamu Alaykum GodIsOne,

Welcome to the forum. I hope you have a beneficial stay here Insha'Allaah.

I have moved all posts discussing the topic of Hadeeth into a new thread here: http://www.islamicboard.com/clarific...y-hadeeth.html

We can continue there without fear of going off-topic.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!