/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Simplify our lives

Ramadan90
04-28-2012, 09:51 PM
Suggestions?

I start:

Due to this age of distraction we live in I think we need more than ever simplify our lives. I would say that to be successful in this life and the herafter, you need to focus on:

Soul(purify your soul always by worshipping Allah in diffrent ways(dikr, prayer, quran etc)
Mind(Seeking Knowledge, choose an area to focus great amout of your time on both islamic and non-islamic but learn also about Islam in general)
Body(taking care by eating healthy and not too much, exercising etc)

Stay AWAY from sins and call for the good. If you dont have anything good to say, dont say anything.

In Islam there is NO free time, you are focusing on those three things.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
dqsunday
04-29-2012, 04:43 AM
'Be mindful of God'.... In my translation of the Qur'an I don't know how many times this is said throughout the text. Ever since I entered Islam I never go long without thinking of Allah. Before, I rarely even considered him. I am very grateful I was lead to Islam through my daily meandering through the internet and pursuing shows a favorite actor was in. Turns out he was a guide from Allah, leading me to the True Path.

I do find I am following your three suggestions...I spend a great deal of my time worshiping Allah (5 prayers a day, introducing dua'a as well and not just while I pray, going to my local Mosque when I can) Mind...learning more about Islam, listening/watching videos of various Sheiks (I hope I am spelling that correctly), a book on Muhammad(pbuh). Finally I am taking care of my body...exercising, eating better, walking, treadmill, etc.

One thing I see too much of is people walking about eyes glued to their phones...texting or whatnot to the point I wonder how they survive a day without getting run over. Sometimes I see two or more people walking together, all of them texting or reading IM messages or playing games...instead of just talking to each other. Whats wrong with people these days? I never understood the appeal of texting...when its very difficult to type on such a tiny keyboard (if it even has one) when it would be so much simply to just talk to the person on the phone. Nor why people have to be in constant communication 24/7?

Scimitar
04-29-2012, 04:45 AM
Be boring to the world, and you will have time for your deen. Simple. Works for me.

Scimi

KDhieb
04-29-2012, 05:12 AM
Earlier today I encountered a situation where I was having a conversation with a friend regarding the city we live in.. from the basis of what was said, I felt like there was way too much attachment and emphasis on the foolish things in this Dunya.. and shorty after I felt like a hypocrite for not voicing my opinion but yet simply stating "yeah.." in agreement..

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Jalal~
04-30-2012, 01:38 AM
:sl:

Nice list.
This is how I do mine:
S- school/education - my goal is to fix procrastination
E- exercise - my goal is to increase stamina
R- Religion - my goal is to study up on duas by the Prophet (may peace be upon him)
F- Family - my goal is to be kinder to my father

and see, it spells out serf, which isn't entirely the same thing as a slave of Allah, but it comes close anyways.

~ Sabr ~
04-30-2012, 07:25 AM
:salamext:

Pray your 5 times prayers, try to memorise more Qur'aan, Keep fit.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!