/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Drawing is haram but if I am learning then?

User29123
04-29-2012, 12:45 PM
:sl:

I know drawing living things is haram but if I am just generally learning to draw and practising then is it still haram?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Hamza Asadullah
05-05-2012, 12:14 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by PoweredByGoogle

I know drawing living things is haram but if I am just generally learning to draw and practising then is it still haram?

Why would you have to draw human or animals to practise drawing? By all means you can practise drawing whatever you want as long as it is not an animate object. Draw trees, mountains, countryside, the beautiful sky, Buildings like Masjids or even Qur'anic calligraphy. There is so much you can draw to practise, so there is no excuse of drawing animate objects.

And Allah knows best in all matters

User29123
05-05-2012, 01:42 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Hamza Asadullah

Why would you have to draw human or animals to practise drawing? By all means you can practise drawing whatever you want as long as it is not an animate object. Draw trees, mountains, countryside, the beautiful sky, Buildings like Masjids or even Qur'anic calligraphy. There is so much you can draw to practise, so there is no excuse of drawing animate objects.

And Allah knows best in all matters
Because most tutorials I am viewing are people, the other nature ones are much harder drawing humans and animals tend to be easy for beginners. Also some girl (muslim) told me that drawing people and animals is not haram!

Also I want to make wallpapers fan art of games that's why drawing people comes in!

Hamza Asadullah
05-06-2012, 07:10 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by PoweredByGoogle

I like eating but it doesnt mean i will eat that which is haraam as there are so many permissable things to eat so why would i go near that which is haraam? Similarly if you like drawing then there is no reason for you to draw that which is haraam when there are many permissable things for you to draw which i suggested to you in my last post. You saying that it is part of learning how to draw is just not a valid excuse at all. If something is haraam then we should do our utmost to keep away from it. If that means that you ask the teacher to comprimise then why do you not do so? We should not be scared ask for comprimises just so that we can keep away from that which is displeasing to Allah. If the teacher cant comprimise then leave the classes for a class that it is not necessery to draw animate images. If you sacrifice something for Allah then you will recieve MUCH better in return for it.

Crossing the boundaries into that which is haraam will never benefit us in anyway and will only result in misery and darkness in our lives. So this is a test for you and it is your choice what you wish to do so make the right choice and do that which is pleasing to Allah and keep away from that which is displeasing to Allah and you will find peace, satisfaction and happiness i guarantee you that.

May Allah enable us to keep away from anything which displeases and angers him. Ameen

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!