/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Ramadan 2012 - Which Surah shall we Memorize?

~ Sabr ~
04-30-2012, 01:22 PM
:salamext:

I hope this reaches you all in good health and Imaan InshaAllaah.

I am starting this thread in hope of asking people to have a group memorisation, where we can memorise at least 1 Surah of the Qur'aan this Ramadan, within the members of this forum.

Now there are lots of Surahs in the Qur'aan with benefits, and I will state some of these important Surah's below, and post the benefits in the next post InshaAllaah:

• Surah Rahman (55) - 3 Sections, 78 Verses
  • Surah Al Mulk (67) - 2 Sections, 30 Verses
  • Surah At-Takathur (102) - 1 Section, 8 Verses
  • Surah Zilzilah (99) - 1 Section, 8 Verse
  • Surah Hashr (59) - Last 3 Verses

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
~ Sabr ~
04-30-2012, 01:24 PM
Surah Rahman (55)
The Prophet (salAllahu alayhi wasalam) went to the companions and recited Surah ar Rahman but they were all quiet. He told them that he went to the jinn and recited it to them and they were responsive. And when he would recite the verses ‘And which of the favours of the Lord will you deny’ the jinn would respond ‘There is nothing among your bounties that we can deny, all praise belong to Allah’
[Tirmidhi, Ibn al Mundhir, Al Adhama & Hakim 2/474]

Abdullah Ibn Mas’ud (radiAllahu anhu) reported that the Prophet (salAllahu alayhi wasalam) said,
‘Everything has an adornment, and the adornment of the Qur’an is Surah ar Rahman’
[Bayhaqi in Shuab al Eiman]

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Surah Mulk (67)

The Prophet said,
‘There is a surah in the Qur’an which is only thirty verses. It defended whoever recited it until it puts him into paradise’ i.e. Surah al Mulk
[Fath al Qadir 5/257, Sahihul Jamiea 1/680, Tabrani in Al-Awsat & Ibn Mardawaith]

Abu Huraira (radiAllahu anhu) reported that the Messenger of Allah (salAllahu alayhi wasalam) said,
“The Qur’an contains a surah of thirty ayats which will intercede for a man until he is forgiven. It is: ‘Blessed be He who has the Kingdom in His Hand!’ (67)”
[abu Dawud, Ahmad, at-Tirmidhi, Riyad as-Salihin by Imam an-Nawawi Ch.183 #1016]

The Prophet (salAllahu alayhi wasalam) said,
‘Surah al Mulk is the protector from the torment of the grave’
[Sahihul Jamiea 1/680, Hakim 2/498 & Nasai]

Jabir (radiAllahu anhu) said it was the custom of the Prophet (salAllahu alayhi wasalam) not to go to sleep until he had read Tabarakallahi Biyadihil Mulk and Alif Laam Meem Tanzeel.
[Ahmad, Tirmidhi and Darami]

Abdullah Ibn ‘Abbas (radiAllahu anhu) reported that the Prophet (salAllahu alayhi wasalam) said,
‘It is my desire/love that Surahtul Mulk should be in the heart of every Muslim’
[Hakim, al-Hisnul Haseen by the cassical scholar Muhammad al-Jazri]

Khalid bin Madam (tabie) said about surat Al Mulk and ‘As Sajda that these two surahs will fight for their reciter in the grave and will say, ‘O Allah! If we belong to your book, accept our intercession in his favour. In case we do not, get us obliterated. These surahs will spread their wings like birds and will save the person from the torment of the grave.’
[Mishkat al-Misbah]

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Surah at Takathur (102)

The Prophet said,
‘Whoever recited one thousand verses in one night would meet Allah with a smile on his face’. Someone said, ‘O Apostle, who can recite a thousand verses?’. The Prophet (salAllahu alayhi wasalam) then recited Surah at Takathur and then said, ‘By He in Whose hand my soul is, it is equal to a thousand verses’
[Al Khatib in Al Muttafaq wal Muftaraq & Dailami in Fath al Qadir 5/487]

Surah al Zilzilah (99)

Abdullah Ibn ‘Abbas and Anas Ibn Malik (radiAllahu anhum) reported that the Prophet (salAllahu alayhi wasalam) said,
‘Whoever recited Surah Zilzilah (99) would get the reward of reciting half the Qur’an. Whoever recited surah al Kafirun (109) would get a reward as if reading a quarter of the Qur’an. Whoever recited Surah al Ikhlas (112) would get a reward as if reading one third of the Qur’an’.
[at-Tirmidhi 2818/A]

Surah al Hashr (59) (Last 3 verses)

The Prophet said, ‘Whoever when he wakes in the morning says ‘I seek refuge with Allah against the accursed satan’ and then recited three verses from the last part of Surah al Hashr, will be assigned seventy thousand angels to pray for him until the evening, and should he die that day, he would have died a martyr’
[Ibn Ahmad, Darimi, Tirmidhi 5/182]

Source: http://read-quran-online.blogspot.co...-al-quran.html

~ Sabr ~
04-30-2012, 05:27 PM

Please keep voting InshaAllaah. A plan of memorization will be posted up, along with mp3s and arabic text, nearer to Ramadan, InshaaAllaah.

May Allaah guide us All and keep us under His Mercy always. Ameen.

Muhammad
04-30-2012, 05:36 PM
:wasalamex

Jazakallaahu khayran for this excellent initiative in helping to utilising time wisely, especially in the month of Ramadhan.

It should be pointed out that there are many ahadeeth which have been graded as weak or fabricated regarding the virtues of surahs, so we need to be careful about relying on these. Scholars held different opinions as to whether acting on weak hadeeth (which encourage righteous deeds) is permissible, and those who allow it specified certain conditions, such as the hadeeth must not be very weak or worse than that. In this case we know that memorising any part of the Qur'an is a hugely rewarding deed so the issue of weak hadeeth may not pose a big problem here. We just need to be aware that we may not earn the reward stated in those hadeeth, even though we hope for some type of reward from Allaah (swt) nonetheless.

If I might offer some suggestions for memorisation, you could include surah Sajdah because the Prophet (sallallaahu 'alayhi wasallam) would read it before sleeping (as with surah Mulk) - there is a hadeeth in Tirmidhi's collection. The Prophet (sallallaahu alayhi wasallam) would also recite it in Fajr prayer on Friday.

The last two verses of Surah Al-Baqarah are also recommended to read before sleeping: the Prophet (sallallaahu alayhi wasallam) said: “If somebody recites the last two verses of Surah Al-Baqarah at night, that will be sufficient for him.” [Al-Bukhaari and Muslim]

There are also hadeeth in Saheeh Muslim about memorising the first 10 or the last 10 verses of surah Kahf, which will be a protection from the fitnah of Dajjal.

And Allaah (swt) knows best.

The following link contains links to books and articles on how to memorise the Quran, which might be useful:

http://www.ahlalhdeeth.com/vbe/showthread.php?t=3498&

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
~ Sabr ~
04-30-2012, 05:48 PM

Jazaak Allaah Khayr for your input and support brother, it means a lot.

I've had a look at Surah Sajdah, and I wanted to basically start with a Surah that has easy pronounciation, so it is not too difficult for our brothers and sisters on this forum. Surah Rahman was at the top of the list as nearly half the ayats are "Then which of the favours of your Lord will you (both Jinn & men) deny." Then it was Surah Mulk as it protects from the trials of the grave.

The link you have posted, the virtues of memorising Surahs is not working in that link, but mashaAllaah it has a lot of other good documentation that members can benefit from, those who want to take part in this memorization.

yas2010
04-30-2012, 05:50 PM
Salaam,

A fab thread. Subhna'Allah.

Whenever i have listened to the recitation of Surah Mulk and read the translation and i can honestly say my eyes filled with tears. So moving...

But All the Surahs above mentioned have been well chosen...

Jzk

Periwinkle18
04-30-2012, 05:51 PM
i cant promise buh will try to memorise surah mulk and i hav to revise surah rahman cuz i memorised it a long time ago n im sure i do remember i buh i just need to revise it :)

~ Sabr ~
04-30-2012, 05:53 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by yas2010
Salaam,

A fab thread. Subhna'Allah.

Whenever i have listened to the recitation of Surah Mulk and read the translation and i can honestly say my eyes filled with tears. So moving...

But All the Surahs above mentioned have been well chosen...

Jzk
:wasalamex

Jazaak Allaah Khayr sister for your input. Any other suggestions will be welcome, e.g. if a person want's to add another Surah to the poll.

~ Sabr ~
04-30-2012, 05:55 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Periwinkle18
i cant promise buh will try to memorise surah mulk and i hav to revise surah rahman cuz i memorised it a long time ago n im sure i do remember i buh i just need to revise it :)
I will be posting up a memorization plan InshaAllaah nearer to Ramadhaan.

Haya emaan
04-30-2012, 05:58 PM
assalam o alaikum
may Allah reward you sister hafizah for your efforts

i too memorized surah rehman(half) long ago and wanted to complete it but here i voted for surah mulk.. i started memorizing it but wasn't able to continue so now i want to do it.. inshaAllah

Periwinkle18
04-30-2012, 06:01 PM
jazakillah khayr ukhti love you :)

'Abd-al Latif
04-30-2012, 06:28 PM

Lessons from Surah Ar-Rahman - Nouman Ali Khan

Amat Allah
05-01-2012, 01:13 AM
Assalaamu Alikum Wa Rahmatullahi wa Barakaatuh my sweetheart

I know how noble and pure your goal from tis thread May Allah reward ya with the highest level of the Paradise without being reckoning Ameeeeeeen

but humbly, here you are what I found (and I swear by the One Who created the whole world that I mean nothing but to beneift you O my Ummah and tell ya the truth about the Deen of Allah) and Allah Is my witness:

Bismellahi Irrahmaani Irraheem

Tawak'kalna ala Allah

Surat Arrahmaan:

Abdullah Ibn Mas’ud (radiAllahu anhu) reported that the Prophet (salAllahu alayhi wasalam) said,
‘Everything has an adornment, and the adornment of the Qur’an is Surah ar Rahman’
[Bayhaqi in Shuab al Eiman]
This hadeeth is recorded as Mun'kar and Da'eef too

1 - لكل شيء عروس، و عروس القرآن الرحمن
الراوي :علي بن أبي طالبالمحدث:السيوطي - المصدر:الجامع الصغير- الصفحة أو الرقم:7319
خلاصة حكم المحدث:ضعيف

2 - لكل شىء عروس ، و عروس القرآن الرحمن
محدث:الألباني - المصدر:السلسلة الضعيفة- الصفحة أو الرقم:1350
خلاصة حكم المحدث:منكر

3 - لكل شيء عروس ، و عروس القرآن الرحمن
الراوي: علي بن أبي طالب المحدث:الألباني - المصدر:ضعيف الجامع- الصفحة أو الرقم:4729

4 - لكل شيء عروس ، وعروس القرآن : الرحمن
الراوي: علي بن أبي طالب المحدث:الألباني - المصدر:تخريج مشكاة المصابيح- الصفحة أو الرقم:2121

.................................................. ...................................

Surat Al Mulk:

http://islamqa.info/en/ref/26240

.................................................. ..................................

Surat Attakaathur:

2 - ألا يستطيع أحدكم أن يقرأ ألف آية في كل يوم ؟ ! ، قالوا : ومن يستطيع أن يقرأ ألف آية في كل يوم ؟ ! قال : أما يستطيع أحدكم أن يقرأ { ألهاكم التكاثر } ؟ !
الراوي:
عبدالله بن عمر المحدث:الألباني - المصدر:تخريج مشكاة المصابيح- الصفحة أو الرقم:2125
خلاصة حكم المحدث:أخرجه الحاكم ولم يصححه

brought out by Al haakim but he didn't say it is a saheeh hadeeth.

.................................................. ..................................................

Surat Azzalzalah:

9 - { إذا زلزلت } تعدل نصف القرآن ، و { قل يا أيها الكافرون } تعدل ربع القرآن ، و { قل هو الله أحد } تعدل ثلث القرآن

الراوي: عبدالله بن عباس المحدث:الألباني - المصدر:السلسلة الضعيفة- الصفحة أو الرقم:1342

10 - { إذا زلزلت } تعدل نصف القرآن و { قل هو الله أحد } تعدل ثلث القرآن و { قل يا أيها الكافرون } تعدل ربع القرآن
الراوي: عبد الله ابن عباس المحدث:الألباني - المصدر:ضعيف الترمذي- الصفحة أو الرقم:2894
خلاصة حكم المحدث:صحيح دون فضل زلزلت

11 - { إذا زلزلت } تعدل نصف القرآن ، و { قل يا أيها الكافرون } تعدل ربع القرآن ، و { قل هو الله أحد } تعدل ثلث القرآن
الراوي: عبدالله ابن عباس المحدث:الألباني - المصدر:ضعيف الجامع- الصفحة أو الرقم:531

many Da'eef and Munkar hadeeths about it to be equal of reciting the half of the Qur'aan

Which surah of Al-Quran when recited is equal to reciting 1/2 Al-Quran?.

Praise be to Allaah. There are many ahaadeeth which speak of the virtue of certain soorahs of the Qur’aan, some of which are saheeh, but many of them are da’eef (weak) or munkar. That includes the hadeeth which speaks of the virtue of Soorat al-Zalzalah and says that it is equivalent to half of the Qur’aan. A number of munkar ahaadeeth were narrated concerning that. They are as follows:

1 – It was narrated that Ibn ‘Abbaas (may Allaah be pleased with him) said: The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “ ‘When the earth is shaken with its (final) earthquake’ (i.e., Soorat al-Zalzalah) is equivalent to half of the Qur’aan.” Narrated by al-Tirmidhi (2894) and al-Haakim (1/754).

Its isnaad includes Yamaan ibn al-Mugheerah al-‘Anzi, concerning whom al-Bukhaari and Abu Haatim said: his hadeeth is munkar. Ibn Hibbaan said: his hadeeth is very munkar; he narrates munkar hadeeth that have no basis and deserve to be ignored. See Tahdheeb al-Tahdheeb (4/452).

Yamaan is the only one who narrated this hadeeth, alone among the companions of ‘Ata’, and he is not acceptable as a sole narrator of a hadeeth, rather the fact that he is the sole narrator indicates that it is munkar. And Allaah knows best. The majority of scholars are the view that the hadeeth is to be regarded as weak because of Yamaan ibn al-Mugheerah, in contrast to those scholars who classed it as saheeh. It was classed as da’eef by al-Tirmidhi when he said, after quoting it: it is ghareeb and we know it only from the hadeeth of Yamaan ibn al-Mugheerah. It was also classed as such by Ibn ‘Abd al-Barr in al-Tamheed, where he said: It is one of the ahaadeeth of the Shaykhs, not one of the ahaadeeth of the imams. And it was classed as da’eef by Ibn Hajar in Fath al-Baari (8/687), by al-Dhahabi in Talkhees al-Mustadrak, by al-Manaawi in Fayd al-Qadeer (1/367) and by al-Shawkaani in al-Fath al-Rabbaani (12/5930). Al-Albaani said in al-Silsilah al-Da’eefah (1342): it is munkar.

2 – It was narrated from Anas ibn Maalik (may Allaah be pleased with him) that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Whoever recites ‘When the earth is shaken with its (final) earthquake’, it will be equivalent to half of the Qur’aan for him.” Narrated by al-Tirmidhi (2893).

Its isnaad includes al-Hasan ibn Saalim al-‘Ajali. Al-Mazzi said: He is a Shaykh who is unknown and recited only one hadeeth. Al-‘Aqeeli said: He is unknown with regard to transmitting hadeeth. Ibn Hibbaan said: he narrates from trustworthy narrators things that do not sound right.

See Tahdheeb al-Tahdheeb (1/396()

The scholars are unanimously agreed that this hadeeth is also to be regarded as da’eef. It was classed as da’eef by al-Tirmidhi when he said, after quoting it: It is ghareeb. Al-‘Aqeeli said: It is not known, as stated in Tahdheeb al-Tahdheeb (1/396). It was also classed as da’eef by Ibn Hibbaan in al-Majrooheen (1/279), and al-Bayhaqi in Shu’ab al-Eemaan (2/497). Al-Dhahabi said in Mizaan al-I’tidaal (1/523): it is munkar. Al-Albaani said likewise in al-Da’eefah (1342). 3 – It was narrated from Abu Hurayrah (may Allaah be pleased with him) that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Whoever recites ‘When the earth is shaken with its (final) earthquake’ in one night, it will be equivalent to half of the Qur’aan for him.” Narrated by Ibn al-Sunni in ‘Aml al-Yawm wa’l-Laylah (691).

Shaykh al-Albaani (may Allaah have mercy on him) said in al-Silsilah al-Da’eefah (1342): It was narrated by Abu Umayah al-Tarsoosi in Musnad Abi Hurayrah (2/195), but its isnaad is very weak (da’eef jiddan); it includes ‘Eesa ibn Maymoon al-Madani, who was classed as da’eef by a number of scholars. Abu Haatim and others said: His hadeeth is to be rejected. End quote.

Ibn Hajar said in Nataa’ij al-Afkaar (3/268): Its isnaad includes a narrator who is very weak. End quote.

From the above it is clear that there is no saheeh report from the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) about Soorat al-Zalzalah being equivalent to half of the Qur’aan. But it seems that some of the imams of the salaf followed this hadeeth and, based on their own ijtihad, stated that the important meanings that are contained in this soorah are equivalent to half of the principles that the Qur’aan referred to.

It says in Musannaf ‘Abd al-Razzaaq (3/372): It was narrated that Ma’mar said: I heard a man narrating that ‘When the earth is shaken with its (final) earthquake’ is equivalent to half of the Qur’aan.

It was narrated from Ja’far that Hishaam ibn Muslim said: I heard Bakr ibn ‘Abd-Allaah al-Muzani say: ‘When the earth is shaken with its (final) earthquake’ is half of the Qur’aan.

Abu ‘Ubayd narrated a mursal report from al-Hasan al-Basri: “ ‘When the earth is shaken with its (final) earthquake’ is equivalent to half of the Qur’aan, and ‘By the (steeds) that run’ (Soorat al-‘Aadiyaat) is equivalent to half of the Qur’aan.”
See: al-Itqaan by al-Suyooti (2/413).

It was narrated that ‘Aasim ibn Abi’l-Nujood al-Imam al-Muqri’ said:

It was said that whoever recites ‘When the earth is shaken with its (final) earthquake’ it is as if he has recited half of the Qur’aan.
Ibn Hajar said in Nataa’ij al-Afkaar (3/270): its men are thiqaat.

Al-Manaawi said in Fayd al-Qadeer (1/367):

Because the greatest objective of the Qur’aan is to explain the creation and the resurrection, and ‘When the earth is shaken with its (final) earthquake’ refers only to the resurrection, therefore it is equivalent to half of the Qur’aan. This was referred to by al-Qaadi.

End quote.

This is the ijtihaad of some of the salaf, and it is not permissible to attribute it to the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him). It does not mean that it is equivalent to half of the Qur’aan in terms of reward.

And Allaah knows best.
http://islamqa.info/en/ref/71359

A da’eef hadeeth concerning the virtue of reciting the last verses of Soorat al-Hashr

I want to make sure whether the following hadeeth is sound: It was narrated from Ma’qil ibn Yasaar (may Allaah be pleased with him) that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Whoever says three times each morning, ‘A’oodhu Billaah il-samee’ il-‘aleem min al-shaytaan il-rajeem (I seek refuge with Allaah the All-Hearing, All-Knowing, from the accursed Shaytaan), and recites the last three verses of Soorat al-Hashr, Allaah will send seventy thousand angels to send blessings upon him until evening comes, and if he dies on that day he will die a martyr. And whoever says that in the evening, will be given a similar status.

Praise be to Allaah. This hadeeth was narrated by al-Tirmidhi in: Book of the virtues of the Qur’aan, Chapter: One who recites a letter of the Qur’aan, what reward he will have. No. 2922. Also narrated by Imam Ahmad in his Musnad, no. 19795
Its isnaad includes Khaalid ibn Tahmaan of whom Ibn Hajar said: He is sadooq but was accused of being a Shi’i then he became confused.
Taqreeb al-Tahdheeb, 1644.
It was classed as da’eef (weak) by al-Albaani (may Allaah have mercy on him). See Da’eef Abi Dawood, 2922.
http://islamqa.info/en/ref/41031

and Allah knows the best...

with all respect and the world and humility, your sister:

Amat Allah.

~ Sabr ~
05-01-2012, 04:15 AM
Jazaak Allaah Khayr for all your input sister. If someone can post the correct hadiths that show the value of these surahs, that would be very helpful InshaAllaah.

aadil77
05-01-2012, 07:51 AM
:wa:

Everyones picked Surah al-Mulk cause its the easiest lol

~ Sabr ~
05-01-2012, 08:28 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by aadil77

Actually, in that sense Surah Rahman is easier, as 1/3 of the Surah has the same Aayah repeated. It also has a consistant flow. Surah Mulk has more benefits, subhanAllaah.

Periwinkle18
05-01-2012, 09:08 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by aadil77
no i picked it cuz i've already memorised surah rahman,takathur,zilzilah, i wanted to memorise surah mulk so tht i can recite it before gng to sleep... and i think i'll able to memorise surah hasr too once im done with surah mulk cuz alhumdulillah i do hav a sharp memory :)

Abu Zainab
05-01-2012, 10:40 AM
I chose surah al mulk because we have to recite it every night. Next will be sajdah then al Rahman.

Actually why don't we begin from now...I mean today itself...so that we have something new to recite in our night prayers during ramadan.

~ Sabr ~
05-01-2012, 10:43 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abu Zainab
Actually why don't we begin from now...I mean today itself...so that we have something new to recite in our night prayers during ramadan.

I just want to give this thread a week or two for all members to see, then we can start as soon as everyone is ready InshaAllaah...

Periwinkle18
05-01-2012, 10:47 AM
was thinking the same y not start frm now so tht we revise during ramadan :)

~ Sabr ~
05-01-2012, 11:08 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Periwinkle18
was thinking the same y not start frm now so tht we revise during ramadan :)

format_quote Originally Posted by Haafizah

I just want to give this thread a week or two for all members to see, then we can start as soon as everyone is ready InshaAllaah...

Abu Zainab
05-01-2012, 11:10 AM
Download Quran in flash format from here... http://www.quranflash.com/en/download/index.html

I
chose the tajweed version. It is really cool with page flipping n'all.

And you know what I already started surah al mulk.:p

~ Sabr ~
05-01-2012, 11:24 AM
^ MashaAllaah that is good brother, you are a step ahead of us. InshaAllaah a memorization plan will be posted for all brothers and sisters in a week or so.

Periwinkle18
05-01-2012, 11:26 AM
jazakAllah sis

n mashaAllah bro thts gr8 :)

SFatima
05-01-2012, 11:32 AM
:sl:

I picked sura mulk, since I have been trying to memorize it for quite sometime now(more than a yr actually :omg:) and I want to finally memorize it completely!

I have memorized surah rahman, and takathur Alhamdulilah. I keep trying to read the sura hashr last ruku, will try to learn it too Insha Allah. Somebody mentioned the last ruku of Sura baqara and yes that is also a very important dua to learn, and is one of the most important heaviest Ayats of the Quran e kareem.

Uthman
05-01-2012, 11:53 AM
I've voted for Surah Mulk because of this:

Abu Huraira (radiAllahu anhu) reported that the Messenger of Allah (salAllahu alayhi wasalam) said,
“The Qur’an contains a surah of thirty ayats which will intercede for a man until he is forgiven. It is: ‘Blessed be He who has the Kingdom in His Hand!’ (67)”
[abu Dawud, Ahmad, at-Tirmidhi, Riyad as-Salihin by Imam an-Nawawi Ch.183 #1016]

Muhammad
05-01-2012, 12:15 PM

Jazaak Allaah Khayr for all your input sister. If someone can post the correct hadiths that show the value of these surahs, that would be very helpful InshaAllaah.
We could just say we are listing these surahs due to their popularity/ease of memorisation. And of course if there are hadeeth on virtue of particular surahs or ayahs, those can be added.

aadil77
05-01-2012, 12:54 PM

Actually, in that sense Surah Rahman is easier, as 1/3 of the Surah has the same Aayah repeated. It also has a consistant flow. Surah Mulk has more benefits, subhanAllaah.
woops I didn't even read Surah at-Takathur or Zilzilah in the list

they're baby surahs I think most people would know them

Marina-Aisha
05-01-2012, 12:59 PM
that quran download is great but wot bout reverts like me who need to hear it..there same app but with sound too...?

Abu Zainab
05-01-2012, 01:11 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by marina-hadeya
that quran download is great but wot bout reverts like me who need to hear it..there same app but with sound too...?
Try http://www.shaplus.com/free-quran-so...r-features.htm

I haven't downloaded it yet but it looks very promising. Let us know if it was helpful to you.

Periwinkle18
05-01-2012, 01:18 PM
i downloaded the quran its really good by i like reciting wen i hav it in my hand :)

Marina-Aisha
05-01-2012, 03:12 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abu Zainab

Try http://www.shaplus.com/free-quran-so...r-features.htm

I haven't downloaded it yet but it looks very promising. Let us know if it was helpful to you.
looks okay but i downloaded something different Quran Explorer and it does great job recites the quran like the one you posted but i found this on itunes thanks anyways now i can learn the quran better thank you.

Insaanah
05-01-2012, 06:31 PM
What a noble project maasha'Allah sister. May Allah make it easy for all participating, and grant you it's full reward, ameen.

Abdullah Ibn ‘Abbas and Anas Ibn Malik (radiAllahu anhum) reported that the Prophet (salAllahu alayhi wasalam) said,
‘Whoever recited Surah Zilzilah (99) would get the reward of reciting half the Qur’an. Whoever recited surah al Kafirun (109) would get a reward as if reading a quarter of the Qur’an. Whoever recited Surah al Ikhlas (112) would get a reward as if reading one third of the Qur’an’.
[at-Tirmidhi 2818/A]
Interestingly, the Arabic text of that hadeeth doesn't actually say that whoever recites those surahs will get reward equal to reciting e.g. a third of the Qur'an. What it says, is that e.g. Qul huwallaahu ahad is equal to one third of the Qur'an , and that ithaa zulzilat is equal to half the Qur'an etc.

عن ابن عباس قال قال رسول الله صلى الله عليه وسلم إذا زلزلت تعدل نصف القرآن وقل هو الله أحد تعدل ثلث القرآن وقل يا أيها الكافرون تعدل ربع القرآن

Certainly some scholars have taken this to allude to the subject matter, i.e. Surah al-Ikhlaas begins qul huwallaahu ahad, "Say Allah is one", and that approximately one third of the Qur'an is tawheed, and in that way it is equal to a third of the subject matter in the Qur'an, and that this small surah is tawheed summarised. It may be, that by default, the reward may be of reciting a third of the Qur'an, and that's not beyond Allah as the subject matter is a third. And the same for the others surahs mentioned in the hadeeth. Allahu a3lam. But the hadeeth doesn't mention the reward for their recitation, rather equates them to certain portions of the Qur'an.

As for it's saheehness, please see sis Amat Allah's post, which I only just saw: http://www.islamicboard.com/quran/13...ml#post1513717

And Allah knows best in all matters, and may He forgive me if I said anything wrong.

~ Sabr ~
05-01-2012, 07:23 PM
Jazaak Allaah Khayr for your input sister.

Muslim Woman
05-02-2012, 03:12 AM

my husband is trying to momorize Surah Yasin for last few months without much success :(

Sis , in future , try to give some tips on it . Thanks in advance.

~ Sabr ~
05-02-2012, 05:34 AM
I am going to post up some advice and stages of memorisation in the plan on Sunday InshaAllaah

Periwinkle18
05-02-2012, 05:39 AM
Alhumdulillah i've started memorising surah mulk :)

~ Sabr ~
05-02-2012, 06:07 AM
MashaAllaah that's good, i've done 3/4 of the plan, just need to do a little bit more and then I'll post it up InshaAllaah.

~ Sabr ~
05-02-2012, 02:13 PM

Dear brothers and sisters, I have managed to make a memorization plan for memorizing this Surah.

Would you prefer to start straightaway, and would like me to post the plan up now? Or in a week? Or nearer to Ramadan?

Scimitar
05-02-2012, 04:29 PM
ASAP...

and I suggest that you keep this thread stickied if possible, and updated - ask us how we're getting on, progress reports, that kinda thing.

I am anxious to start memorizing Surah Al Mulk now :)

Scimi

~ Sabr ~
05-02-2012, 04:50 PM
I will post it up soon InshaAllaah.

Hulk
05-02-2012, 06:36 PM
:statisfie MashaAllah.. I remember the first time(that I know of) I heard Surah Al Mulk I cried.. maybe I should memorise it too.

~ Sabr ~
05-02-2012, 06:40 PM
We will start in a couple of days InshaAllaah

~ Sabr ~
05-02-2012, 07:53 PM

Dear brothers and sistes,

The memorization plan has been posted here:
http://www.islamicboard.com/quran/13...k-project.html

A separate thread will be created for discussion InshaAllaah, please discuss here until that thread is approved.

Marina-Aisha
05-02-2012, 08:18 PM
I started reading al mulk last nite and it's so beautiful but is it wise me to try when I'm Arabic isn't great..to be honest I haven't even finished al fatia is there easy one I could try?

~ Sabr ~
05-02-2012, 08:28 PM
The discussion thread can be found here InshaAllaah:
http://www.islamicboard.com/quran/13...on-thread.html

~ Sabr ~
05-02-2012, 08:30 PM
I started reading al mulk last nite and it's so beautiful but is it wise me to try when I'm Arabic isn't great..to be honest I haven't even finished al fatia is there easy one I could try?
Sister I think it is better for you to finish al fatiha first InshaAllaah

Marina-Aisha
05-02-2012, 08:32 PM
Well yea.. But wanna learn something else also I want Allah to know I'm trying

~ Sabr ~
05-02-2012, 08:54 PM
That's up to you sister, but I think if you learn the basics, e.g. Arabic and surah fatiha first, then carry on from there, I think that would be better for you InshaAllaah. P.s. Are you a revert by any chance?

Marina-Aisha
05-02-2012, 09:10 PM
yes like month ago aittle bit long but something like that

edit maybe i could learn Surah Hashr as its 3 verses..

Scimitar
05-02-2012, 11:08 PM
Well yea.. But wanna learn something else also I want Allah to know I'm trying
HE knows sis :)

HE knows all, sees all. HE is closer to you than your jugular vein. All intent is noted by HIM. Ameen.

Scimi

~ Sabr ~
05-03-2012, 04:43 AM
yes like month ago aittle bit long but something like that

edit maybe i could learn Surah Hashr as its 3 verses..
Surah Hashr is not three verses, we were planning to learn the last three verses of the Surah.

But if you want to go ahead InshaAllaah.

~ Sabr ~
05-14-2012, 08:08 AM

So has anyone started memorising yet?

Abu Zainab
05-14-2012, 08:23 AM
I started surah mulk but I cannot get past a few verses imsad.... Have to try harder

~ Sabr ~
05-14-2012, 08:36 AM

Which verses are you struggling with brother? Also, who's recitation are you listening to?

Abu Zainab
05-14-2012, 11:07 AM
Actually I am struggling with my laziness and lack of time. The verses are relatively easy for me because I used to recite the surah a lot. Inshallah I will try harder. I hope to finish at least half a page today.

I am not currently listening to any one for memorizing...is this necessary?

~ Sabr ~
05-14-2012, 11:20 AM

When I memorise a Surah, I normally listen to a recitation that flows easily for me, and that I can recite the same. I found Abu Bakr Ash Shatri's recitation of Surah Mulk really easy to follow.

You can find the recitation here:

Surah Mulk by Abu Bakr Al Shatri - http://server11.mp3quran.net/shatri/067.mp3

~ Sabr ~
05-14-2012, 01:51 PM
The discussion thread can be found here InshaAllaah:
http://www.islamicboard.com/quran/13...on-thread.html

~ Sabr ~
05-21-2012, 02:49 PM
bump where is everyone up to?

dysphoricrocker
05-22-2012, 04:03 AM
Salaam.

Alhamdulillah. I have memorized the stated surahs except for Surah Mulk and Surah Hashr(only memorized verses 15-24). And i plan to start memorizing Surah Mulk within the next few days once i am done with Surah Waqi'ah(just abit left) insyaAllah.

Btw great post and initiative sister.

~ Sabr ~
06-12-2012, 08:13 AM
:bump:

Where are the brothers and sisters up to?

Pure Purple
06-12-2012, 01:29 PM

Imaduddin
06-12-2012, 02:44 PM
Masha Allah wonderful thread. I love the idea.

I have a couple of surahs to memorize before Ramdan, and hopefully I should be able to memorize one of the mentioned surahs in the poll. I'm actually hoping to be able to memorize both, Ar Rahman and Al Mulk, and if any time Ya Sin.

Exceptional thread sister. Well done.

Imaduddin
06-13-2012, 04:49 AM
I thought I'd mention Surah Al Kahf 18 too.

Some hadith regarding Surah Al Kahf:

Narrated Al-Bara': A man was reciting Surat Al-kahf and his horse was tied with two ropes beside him. A cloud came down and spread over that man, and it kept on coming closer and closer to him till his horse started jumping (as if afraid of something). When it was morning, the man came to the Prophet, and told him of that experience. The Prophet said, "That was As-Sakina (tranquility) which descended because of (the recitation of) the Qur'an." (Book #61, Hadith #531)

Abu Darda' reported Allah's Apostle (may peace be upon him) as saying: If anyone learns by heart the first ten verses of the Surah al-kahf, he will be protected from the Dajjal. (Book #004, Hadith #1766)

Abdul-Raouf
07-16-2012, 07:18 PM
Super Thread... Jazakallah khairan...

May ALLAH help us achieve our memorization targets Ameen!!

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!