/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Be with RasulAllah! Sponser an Orphan Today

~ Sabr ~
05-02-2012, 10:41 AM
Narrated Sahl bin Sa'd: The Prophet :saws: said,

"I and the person who looks after an orphan and provides for him, will be in Paradise like this," putting his index and middle fingers together.

[Sahih Bukhaari, Book #73, Hadith #34]

Brothers and sisters in Islaam!

I don't know about other cultures, but in Pakistani and Indian cultures, the woman (when she gets married) gets so much gold jewellery that the Zakah of the gold jewellery alone totals over £300.

Since Ramadan is coming up, why not use this money to do a good deed, and sponsor an Orphan TODAY InshaAllaah.

Sponsoring an Orphan

Muslim Hands: http://www.muslimhands.org/en/gb/our...n_sponsorship/

Islamic Relief: http://www.islamic-relief.org.uk/orphansponsorship.aspx

Al Yateem: http://www.alyateem.com/

Human Appeal: http://humanappeal.org.uk/orphans.html

Orphans in Need: http://www.orphansinneed.org/content...phan/index.htm

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
cuezed
05-02-2012, 01:29 PM
would like to sponsor an orphan but I prefer to see where my money goes

~ Sabr ~
05-02-2012, 01:45 PM
:salamext:

^ SubhaanAllaah, is these no trust left in this world? These agencies are Muslims, I'm sure they wouldn't "eat up" all your money brother.

cuezed
05-05-2012, 03:59 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Haafizah

^ SubhaanAllaah, is these no trust left in this world? These agencies are Muslims, I'm sure they wouldn't "eat up" all your money brother.
i do trust them and i send donations regularly. but i personally would like to see who i am supporting.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
~ Sabr ~
05-05-2012, 04:36 PM
^ That's your personal choice. However, these companies are not frauds, and it would be good if we could but our money to a good cause InshaAllaah.

Hijabi3256
05-08-2012, 06:43 AM
I would love to support an orphan but i would,like to see the child myself not just send money blindly.

~ Sabr ~
05-08-2012, 06:46 AM

Each to their own InshaAllaah.

I wonder whether people are just saying this for the sake of saying it, or that they don't want to spend that much money in the way of Allaah.

Allaahu Aalim.

~ Sabr ~
05-19-2012, 05:10 PM
Bumpty bump

Muhaba
05-19-2012, 08:41 PM
sad tosay, I have no trust in charity organizations. I have yet to see some proof that they actually help people.

i know a divorcee convert woman with one-year old child. The woman is blind on one eye. she gets no money from any charity organization. They turn her down with many excuses. They don't even care that the woman is a convert and is blind on one eye. What would happen if she starts hating islam because of the muslim's behavior?

So it's important to investigate and make sure that the organization really helps people. I find it better to directly help a person or do it through a trustible friend than to give to charity organization.

Said_Soussi
05-19-2012, 10:49 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Haafizah
Narrated Sahl bin Sa'd: The Prophet :saws: said,

"I and the person who looks after an orphan and provides for him, will be in Paradise like this," putting his index and middle fingers together.

[Sahih Bukhaari, Book #73, Hadith #34]

Brothers and sisters in Islaam!

I don't know about other cultures, but in Pakistani and Indian cultures, the woman (when she gets married) gets so much gold jewellery that the Zakah of the gold jewellery alone totals over £300.

Since Ramadan is coming up, why not use this money to do a good deed, and sponsor an Orphan TODAY InshaAllaah.

Wise words spoken sister.

~ Sabr ~
05-20-2012, 03:59 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by WRITER
sad tosay, I have no trust in charity organizations. I have yet to see some proof that they actually help people.

i know a divorcee convert woman with one-year old child. The woman is blind on one eye. she gets no money from any charity organization. They turn her down with many excuses. They don't even care that the woman is a convert and is blind on one eye. What would happen if she starts hating islam because of the muslim's behavior?

So it's important to investigate and make sure that the organization really helps people. I find it better to directly help a person or do it through a trustible friend than to give to charity organization.
Not ALL charities are the same, so please don't badmouth them.

Muhaba
05-20-2012, 06:34 PM
^like i said, it's important to investigate. find out where your money is going. If you want to sponsor a child, insist that you want to have contact with the child, a phone call, etc and get other information too. also insist that your money is paid directly by the charity organization to the child/child's parent. some muslim charity in the past would give the money to a christian charity organization in the US that had a sponsor a child program. And it was written in a Times MAgazine article that that organization took money from a sponsorer even after the child had died. many months later, when the sponsorer inquired about the child and wanted to meet the child, the organization gave her the child's address. when the sponsorer went there she learned that the child had died months ago!

also, if a muslim organization gives the money to nonmuslim organization, the nonmuslim organization may try to use the proceeds to spread christianity.

~ Sabr ~
05-20-2012, 07:30 PM
At the end of the day, it is your Intention that matters.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!