PDA

View Full Version : The MM (Memorization Mulk) Project

~ Sabr ~
05-02-2012, 07:25 PM
:salamext:

:bism:

Memorising (Surah) Mulk Project – MM Project

Contents

Note: Please do not post in this thread. A separate discussion will be created for discussions.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
~ Sabr ~
05-02-2012, 07:28 PM
Let us start the Memorizing (Surah) Mulk Project InshaAllaah with a du’aa to Allaah

Praise be to Allaah. Ya Allaah, raise the rank of Prophet Muhammad :saws:, and his Companions. Ya Allaah teach us that which we have forgotten, to add to our knowledge, and grant us the sincere intentions. Ya Allaah facilitate for us the routes of goodness and protect us from the routes that lead to Hellfire. Aameen.

Ya Allaah, have mercy on me so that I stay away from sinning for as long as I live! Have Ya Allaah, the Creator of the heavens and the earth, the Glorious and Honorable and Almighty, I beg you, the most Merciful, calling upon Your Glory and the Light of Your Face, to oblige my heart to remember Your Book the way You taught me.

Bless me to read it the way that will please You My Lord, the Creator of the heavens and the earth, You Who are absolute in Your might, I implore You the most Merciful, calling upon Your Glory and Light of Your Face, to illuminate with your Qur’aan my sight, to move with it my tongue and make it easy on my heart. With it make my chest wide and clean my body.

Truly, on the path of Truth only You can help me and only You are able to give me the Truth.

There is no might no power except with Allah, the most High, and the most Glorious.

~ Sabr ~
05-02-2012, 07:28 PM
:salamext:

Some details about Surah Mulk

Surah Mulk is in the 29th Para of the Qur’aan. It is compromised of 2 Sections and has 30 Verses in total.

Please click here for the Arabic text for Surah Mulk (67)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Benefits of memorising this Surah

The Prophet :saws: said,
‘There is a surah in the Qur’an which is only thirty verses. It defended whoever recited it until it puts him into paradise’ i.e. Surah al Mulk
[Fath al Qadir 5/257, Sahihul Jamiea 1/680, Tabrani in Al-Awsat & Ibn Mardawaith]

Abu Huraira (radiAllahu anhu) reported that the Messenger of Allah (salAllahu alayhi wasalam) said,
“The Qur’an contains a surah of thirty ayats which will intercede for a man until he is forgiven. It is: ‘Blessed be He who has the Kingdom in His Hand!’ (67)”
[abu Dawud, Ahmad, at-Tirmidhi, Riyad as-Salihin by Imam an-Nawawi Ch.183 #1016]

The Prophet :saws: said,
‘Surah al Mulk is the protector from the torment of the grave.’
[Sahihul Jamiea 1/680, Hakim 2/498 & Nasai]

Jabir (radiAllahu anhu) said it was the custom of the Prophet :saws: not to go to sleep until he had read Tabarakallahi Biyadihil Mulk and Alif Laam Meem Tanzeel.
[Ahmad, Tirmidhi and Darami]

Abdullah Ibn ‘Abbas (radiAllahu anhu) reported that the Prophet :saws: said,
‘It is my desire/love that Surahtul Mulk should be in the heart of every Muslim’
[Hakim, al-Hisnul Haseen by the classical scholar Muhammad al-Jazri]

Khalid bin Madam (tabie) said about surat Al Mulk and ‘As Sajda that these two surahs will fight for their reciter in the grave and will say, ‘O Allah! If we belong to your book, accept our intercession in his favour. In case we do not, get us obliterated. These surahs will spread their wings like birds and will save the person from the torment of the grave.’
[Mishkat al-Misbah]

~ Sabr ~
05-02-2012, 07:29 PM
Recitation of Surah Mulk by Various Recitors

Right click and click on “Save Link/Target As” to download mp3.

Other recitations by various reciters and these recitations can be listened to and downloaded from here InshaAllaah: http://www.mp3quran.net/eng/

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
~ Sabr ~
05-02-2012, 07:30 PM
Stage 1 - How can the Surah be listened to

You should know my brothers and sisters, believers that all times are suitable for listening to the Qur’aan. The believer mentions Allah in all times, standing, sitting, lying down on his side, before going to bed, at awakening, when at work, when walking on the street and when are among friends and family. The believer mentions Allah in all times and so listening to the Qur’aan does not have a specific time.

However, those who want to memorize should listen to recited Surah whenever it is possible. Almighty says,
"Men who celebrate the praises of Allah, standing, sitting, and lying down on their sides."
[Qur’aan, Chapter 3, Verse 191]

You may listen to the Surah from a computer, a TV or a recorder which all are given by Allah to us to make use of and benefit from listening to the Qur’aan through them. You may concentrate on the Surah and listen to them so many times a day, especially after awakening and directly before going to bed.

If you can sleep while the Surah is being recited, this has a great impact on storing the Surah in your subconscious! This leads to a permanent memorization of the verses, in other words, your subconscious retains these verses which you can retrieve any time you wish.

You have to repeat listening to the same Surah many times, so that you are familiar to. As for words you hear them for the first time and you do not understand, you will find yourself got familiar and near to and about to understand when you repeat listening to the Surah.

We have mentioned in the first lesson of MM Project: the importance of listening to the Qur’aan. It has a great impact in long-period memorization. This way is not new or innovative, but it was the way if our Master, the Prophet :saws:.

The Great Apostle :saws: was memorizing the Qur’aan by listening to Jibra’eel; therefore, the first stage is listening and repeating this process.

~ Sabr ~
05-02-2012, 07:30 PM
Stage 2 - Understanding, managing and deep-thinking of the speech we heard

The second stage is very important in easing the memorization process and making it enjoyable and interesting.

When you consider the verses you have heard and understand them carefully, that will consolidate these verses in your memory for a longer period and you will discover new things in the indications of the verses.

There are various ways to make the memorisation interesting.

Form my own personal experience: For example, when I was memorising Surah Ghaashiyah, there were similar sounding verses, e.g.

88:17

Then do they not look at the camels - how they are created?

Khuliqat – I associated this word with Khaaliq, which means creator.

88:18

And at the sky - how it is raised?

Rufi’att – I associated this word with Raised, both begin with “R”.

88:19

And at the mountains - how they are erected?

Jibaal – I associated this word with Mountain, which is Jabal in Arabic”.

88:20

And at the earth - how it is spread out?

Ardh – I associated this with Earth as they sound similar

Sutihatt – I associated this word with Spread, both begin with “S”

~ Sabr ~
05-02-2012, 07:31 PM
Stage 3 - Establishing memorization from the Book

The third stage is establishing memorization from the Book. After, we have listened to the Surah many times, it has become familiar to us, and we have understood its words from availed explanations or asking scholars.

Let us now read this as follows:

• Reading this Surah as whole three times.
  • Divide this Surah into portions according to the meaning of the Surah.
  • Read and recite the first portion several times until you complete memorizing it, next, read and recite also the second portion several times until you memorize and repeat it many times until you feel that you have memorized it. Same with third, fourth and fifth.
  • Now, you have to connect these portions, you read the first and the second portions several times until you memorize them.
  • Then, read the third portion until you memorize it.
  • Then, you read all three portions together, memorize and establish them.
  • Then, you read the fourth portion until you memorize it.
  • Then, you read all four portions together, memorize and establish them.
  • Then, you read the fifth portion until you memorize it.
  • Then, you read all five portions together and we complete memorizing the Surah.

~ Sabr ~
05-02-2012, 07:31 PM
Breaking down of Surah Mulk

As explained in the previous post, Surah Mulk should be divided into portions according to the meaning of the Surah.

This can be outlined below:

Portion 1: Verses 1 - 5
These verses speak about the creation of Allaah.

Portion 2: Verses 6 - 12
These verses speak about people in hell and their conversation. This portion ends with the verse is about people of Paradise and their reward.

Portion 3: Verses 13 - 19
These verses speak about Allaah, the Omniscient, the All Knower, and the punishment Allaah gave to those who denied His warnings. This portion ends with the verse about Allaah explaining to those people about His creation of birds and how Allaah holds them up in the sky out of His Mercy.

To sum this portion up – it starts with Allaah’s Punishment to the people and it ends with Allaah’s Mercy.

Portion 4: Verses 20 - 24
These verses speak about the favours of Allaah upon us, and onto Him we shall be gathered.

Portion 5: Verses 25 - 30
These verses speak about Allaah’s promise being true, and how we should have hope in His Mercy

The above are summaries of the verses included in the separate portions.

The Arabic text and the English translation of Surah Mulk can be found here InshaAllaah: http://quran.com/67

~ Sabr ~
05-02-2012, 07:32 PM
5 GOLDEN ADVICES

1. Try to memorize every day even if it is little of the Qur'aan but do not desert the Qur'aan
  2. Read what you have memorized in prayer, and repeat that and you will find joy when your prayer is longer.
  3. Try always to search the meaning of any word you hear and you do not understand its meaning from an explanation, an Internet site or asking a scholar. Because this process will increase your information account greatly with time.
  4. Try to think of the memorized verses meanings before you go to bed, and when you get up, because the subconscious at these two times is connected to the brain. Your dreams while sleeping will transform into beautiful dreams and you will see yourself reciting the Qur'aan, is there anything more wonderful than that?!
  5. Believe strongly that you can memorize the Qur'aan, and you will keep it by heart if Allah permits.

~ Sabr ~
05-02-2012, 07:32 PM
Conclusion

Alhamdulillah this is the end of the memorization plan.

I urge all of you brothers and sisters to try and learn this Surah and recite it every night before you go to bed, InshaAllaah.

• It saves from the punishment of the grave
  • It will intercede for a person until he is forgiven
  • It is Sunnah as the Prophet :saws: used to do it
  • The Prophet :saws: wanted this Surah to be in the heart of every person.

Some of this memorization plan was written by me, other pieces were collected from various websites.

Please remember me in your dua’s brothers and sisters, InshaAllaah.

I pray we all meet in Jannah. Ameen.

Glory to the Lord of honour and power, He is free from what they ascribe to Him,
and Peace be upon the Apostles, and Praise be to the Lord of the Worlds.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!