/* */

PDA

View Full Version : suicidal thoughts. help!

anonymous
05-03-2012, 05:47 AM
Salam,

brothers plz help. I have been feeling very depressed for a few days and I'm having suicidal thoughts. This rarely happens to me, I don know why am I feeling so weak. Last night I was suffering sleep paralysis, I mean I cant move during my sleep I feel like something grabs me and I try to scream but I cant even open my mouth. I felt like something is trying to pull me by my leg but I don know if it really happened because It felt like I am somewhere between dream and reality. Its like a virtual dream. but I did feel something grabbed me coz I was frozen, completely unable to move and it was not a dream. It was real and this is not the first time it is happening to me.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Scimitar
05-03-2012, 06:20 AM
I've suffered sleep paralysis in the past sis. Not fun is it? :(

Tell you what, do wudhu before you sleep and keep in dhikr...

...Also, I advise very strongly to give durood to the Prophet pbuh. You know durood sharif? It cools the mind and brings peace to the heart.

Also, with regard to depression. SubhanAllah, sister/brother - know that during every period of trial, there is a period of relief awaiting you, and during every period of peace - there is a trial waiting for you.

The trick is to be patient in the times of trials and hardships - and in times of ease and comfort, to prepare for the times of trials and hardships.

I also advise listening to Surah Baqarah once every day - stick it on your phone and take your headphones with you to college / work.

Go to http://quranicaudio.com/ to download it - I listen to Mishary Rashid al Afasy's recitation as his voice just feels like a strepsil soothing my throat. Masha-Allah, what a beautiful and heart felt recitation.

One last advice sis/bro, if you can, wake up in the 3rd portion of the night to offer Qaym ul layl (tahajjud salaah). In this, there is success - as this is the prayer of the prophets.

I know how you feel, trust me. Been there.

Most of all... keep all fardhs. Without those - depression is guaranteed for any Muslim. Unless their hearts are colder than ice - in which case, they feel nothing, no love, no fear, no nothing...

...You feel something, soft hearts always do - you got the best chance ever to get back on track.

You are in my duas (as anonymous - but Allah is the knower of all things, Ameen).

Bro Scimi :)

one last thing... smile. We care :) Not gonna let you slip. nuh uh.

Muslim Woman
05-03-2012, 08:01 AM
:sl:

visit a doctor . Also keep praying to Allah.
Don't miss any obligatory salat .

InshaAllah u will be ok soon.

Scimitar
05-03-2012, 08:24 AM
Actually, I'd advise against seeing a doctor - they might give her anti-depressants which will make her oblivious to her day short term and mess her up long term. These doctors get paid serious paper for pushing pharmaceutical grade anti depressants... this is not a physical sickness the sister/brother is experiencing, but a spiritual one...

Scimi

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
anonymous
05-03-2012, 09:19 PM
Thank you for your kind words brother Scimitar. I am doing almost everything you have mention. I have seen 2 raqis, one of them said I am suffering from sihr and the other one said there is nothing wrong with me. I don know who's right and wrong, I am now really confused. If this is no jinn or sihr then why do I suffer sleep paralysis? but anyway I'm not going to see anymore raqis. If there is something in me then I would just have to live with it. Allah made me like this and I cant go against His will. I'd just keep doing my duas and maybe Insha'Allah one day I'd be cured.

Scimitar
05-03-2012, 09:27 PM
It won't last long. Sleep paralysis only last for a maximum of a month in extreme cases...

... if you want to understand sleep paralysis from a medical and scientific perspective, here are a few vids that may help you:

This one is made by an acqauintance and fellow Wake Up project member: Chemlin

And this series is also quite good:

Scimi

EDIT: Your imaan is strong enough to repel it. When you awake in that frozen state, read the 4 kuls in your mind and heart... try and recite it out loud, if you can't - the dhikr of the heart will repel the sleep paralysis by Allahs leave, insha-Allah.

:)

Scimi

anonymous
05-03-2012, 09:37 PM
Thank you akhi but the problem is not just about sleep paralysis, i have too many complications and after spending huge amount of money, the medical side has failed to find a solution to my problems. One thing I'd like to add that the first raqi who saw me, I saw a big change in me within 2-3 days after he did the ruqyah on me. The second raqi didnt find anything in me but he found something in my mom cause she was literally shaking from head to toe during the ruqyah but the first raqi didnt find anything in my mom. So my mom is suspecting the devil moved from me into her to confuse us. I don know if its possible, I'm just so frustrated.

Scimitar
05-03-2012, 09:52 PM
Did your mother have Rukya done too?

Scimi

anonymous
05-03-2012, 10:20 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Scimitar
Did your mother have Rukya done too?

Scimi
Yes brother.

Muslim Woman
05-03-2012, 11:13 PM

format_quote Originally Posted by anonymous
T Allah made me like this and I cant go against His will.

consult Doc , taking medicine - these are not against Allah's will. Prophet pbuh said something like this : there is a cure for each sickness except death . He who created sickness , created remedy etc.

So , besides praying to Allah , if u do a physical check up , there is nothing wrong with it.

And Allah Knows Best.

Scimitar
05-03-2012, 11:17 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by anonymous
Yes brother.
Ok, alhamdulillah...

Please report back tomorrow (Friday) and let us know how sleep was for both of you.

Also, with regard to suicidal thoughts - this is from waswasa. Recite the 4 kuls as much as you can, and ayatul Kursi...

... Especially when you get these thoughts.

As sis Muslim Woman has said - a medical check up is good, it will let you know of any deficiency. But if they try and give you anti-depressants or muscle relaxants - refuse them. They are evil drugs in my honest opinion. Been there before.

Scimi

Muslim Woman
05-03-2012, 11:25 PM

A related Q & A

...Magic is an undeniable fact, yet this does not mean that we should attribute all our problems to it, for this is in fact the mere whisperings of Satan which he makes use of to spoil peopleĆ¢€™s lives and harm their commitment to the religion.

To get rid of such Satanic whisperings, a Muslim should constantly read the authentic supplications particularly Ayat Al-Kursi as well as Surat Al-Ikhlas, Al-Falaq and An-Nas.

Sheikh Faysal Mawlawi, Deputy Chairman of the European Council for Fatwa and Research :

....we should get rid of such beliefs in magic in order not to live in the realm of the unknown. Holding such beliefs may also fill our souls with fear and consequently cause us to lead a miserable life.

Then we may discover after a long period of time that what we believed in were mere illusions and that Satan has taken advantage of our points of weakness and has seduced us.

To clarify, once one of my brothers in Islam told me that his house was haunted, and that he had recently been experiencing problems with his wife. Furthermore, he said that every now and then he used to smell a bad odor in the house but he searched the house and found nothing unusual. He asked me to accompany him to his house to put an end to the impact of this magic. I rejected his claims completely interpreting them as Satanic whispers.

As for the bad smell, I thought it was a bad odor either in or out of the house. After a while, it was discovered that the bad smell was because of an electrical wire in the ceiling. In addition, the dispute between him and his wife was because he used to come home and stay up until midnight using the computer. Thus, the matter proved to have no relation with magic.

It is worth mentioning that many of those who claim being capable of dispelling jinn and breaking spells are only doing this to gain money.

They have a direct interest in deceiving their victims by giving them the impression that they are bewitched. Even if such persons do not receive money for what they do, this does not mean that their claims are real.

Still, what I have stated does not mean that there are no honest people working in this field. Indeed, there are many, praise be to Allah, but our aim is to warn against magicians.

You can also read:

Immunity and Protection against Black Magic

Black Magic: Rulings & Remedy

Qualities to Look for in a Spouse

Allah Almighty knows best.

http://www.islamonline.net/servlet/S...EAskTheScholar

Scimitar
05-03-2012, 11:27 PM
I doubt the sister is having all this in her head if she is sufferring sleep paralysis. However, I do agree with the article above - just don't beleive it applies to this members case.

Scimi

Abz2000
05-03-2012, 11:51 PM
some very good points here by sis muslim woman and bro scimi,
i agree that it's often overblown and some bad scammers out there both in the spiritual and medical fields.
i myself have come across a filthy rich set of scammers who would tell everyone who had cash that they were bewitched,
someone recommended my mom go to them for resolutions to problems coz the man's wife had "jinn mumin" coz she never missed tahajjud, well it turned out they had a huge line at their door every day and had to turn people away at evening due to time constraints lol.
they put their son with me and he asked me some stuff about my family casually, and then his mother said all these things to my mom who was bewildered and wondered how she knew that my dad had split up etc, well they gave her a hefty bill and she paid it, only to find that they often made rounds to the uk too and charged mega bucks here.
i freaked them out on the phone pretending to be a cop lol until they were scared sh*t.
secondly brother scimi is also correct in that many of these "anti-depressants" mess with the brain in a real bad way and leave long term damage - sort of like chemical lobotomy,
anyone who has taken "illegal" drugs before will be able to tell you how good they feel after taking them, so can alcoholics.
but when those mind altering substances come out of your system, you feel worse than you ever have and also find yourself unable to naturally deal with future situations and your brain immediately goes into "need drugs or drink" mode when you get impacted psychologically and it is much harder to deal with it then.

the majority of doctors i have spoken to regarding this issue admit that there is no way for them to know all the long term effects these mind altering substances have on the psychology and that they only go by observation.
and any dimwit can tell you that a bag of skunk or a bottle of jack daniels can make you feel good when you're stressed out. (from observation/experience).
so i too would recommend you get all the medical advice you can, and if you can find any trustworthy people experienced in ruqya then great.
but i personally wouldnt tell docs everything you suspect coz they just put it all on record and can dismiss you as crazy if you ever clash with the political system.
and when they start harassment campaigns against people (which they're very good at), they dismiss them as "paranoid" for not putting a million different incidents down as "coincidence".
so yes, as a Muslim who is ready to stand for the truth, it is good to keep your integrity on record as clean as possible with these vermin in power.

Periwinkle18
05-04-2012, 04:56 AM
awww sis pray alot, recite alot of duas, recite the quran cuz verily in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest (surah Raad) inshaAllah u'll b fine :)

Dagless
05-06-2012, 01:55 AM
Good advice in this thread but...

format_quote Originally Posted by Scimitar
But if they try and give you anti-depressants or muscle relaxants - refuse them. They are evil drugs in my honest opinion. Been there before.
The brother is entitled to his opinion but please also bear in mind that these medications help millions of people every day. Yes, some people are adversely affected, but this is no reason not to give it a go to see if it helps. If it doesn't then stop.
Don't dismiss an entire avenue of healing without researching. You are fortunate to live at a time when these drugs are available. Many have gotten their lives back through them.
In short; see a psychiatrist if this continues :p

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!