/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Go to Fir'awn but speak mildly!

Tawangar
05-03-2012, 09:01 AM
:sl:

“Go to Pharaoh (Fir’ awn), indeed he has rebelled. But speak to him mildly, that he might be reminded or fear (Allah).”
Surah Ta-Ha v.43-44.

It is said that one of the later Caliphs was performing Tawaaf when a scholar reproached him harshly. The Caliph (Khalifa) protested, “Look! Neither am I worse than Fir` awn nor are you better than Musa (as). Allah (the Almighty and Exalted) said, ‘speak to him mildly.’”

Commentary taken from Tafsir Ishraq al-Ma’ani by Sayyid Iqbal Zaheer. Translation taken (with slight alterations) from Khan and Hilali’s Noble Qur’an.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Muslim Woman
05-03-2012, 05:25 PM
:wa:

Caliph (Khalifa) protested, “Look! Neither am I worse than Fir` awn nor are you better than Musa (as)

very interesting . Who was the Khalifa ? Have details ?

Tawangar
05-04-2012, 10:06 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muslim Woman

very interesting . Who was the Khalifa ? Have details ?
Salamu alaikum sister.
The tafsir does not mention details sister. If I manage to find out, I'll let you know.
WS.

SFatima
05-04-2012, 10:42 AM
post edited............

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Al-manar
05-04-2012, 11:15 AM
I have the quote in Arabic ....surely he was Khalifa Al-Ma'mun...

دخل واعظٌ على الخليفة المأمون ،فقال له إني واعظك فمغلظ لك في القول.
فقال المأمون : مهلا.. فإن الله قد أرسل من هو خير منك إلى من هو شر مني، وقال له: فقولا له قولا لينا لعله يتذكر أو يخشى))

Muslim Woman
05-04-2012, 12:10 PM

is there any more details in Arabic version ?

Al-manar
05-04-2012, 01:05 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muslim Woman

is there any more details in Arabic version ?

no more details ...... it is just simple quotation ....

I have collected thousands quotations (including rare ones) from that kind (Arab wisdom,philosophy) ,but all in Arabic ...hope I will be able to translate them one day and share them here inshaAllah ....

Tawangar
05-05-2012, 08:28 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Al-manar
I have the quote in Arabic ....surely he was Khalifa Al-Ma'mun...

دخل واعظٌ على الخليفة المأمون ،فقال له إني واعظك فمغلظ لك في القول.
فقال المأمون : مهلا.. فإن الله قد أرسل من هو خير منك إلى من هو شر مني، وقال له: فقولا له قولا لينا لعله يتذكر أو يخشى))
Jazakallahu khayra brother.
So it was Ma'mun al-Rasheed of the 'Abbasids.
Wa salam.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!