View Full Version : The Character of the Prophet pbuh

Scimitar
05-03-2012, 07:37 PM

Speaker: Shaikh Hamza Yusuf.

Scimi

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
~Zaria~
09-06-2012, 06:41 PM
As for the weeping of the Prophet (sallAllahu ‘alayhi wa sallam) it was in the same degree as his laughter.

He wouldn’t sob loudly and raise his voice, just like his laughter wasn’t loud.

However his eyes would fill up with tears, until they flowed out, and you would hear the sound like that of a whistling kettle coming from his chest.

He would weep out of mercy for the dead, out of fear and compassion for his followers, out of deep fear of Allah, upon listening to the Qur’an.

And it was a weeping of longing, love and exaltation, accompanied by fear and reverence.

— Ibn al-Qayyim [Provisions of the Hereafter]

Ya Allah, fill our hearts with profound, unwavering and uncomparable love for the most beloved to you, Muhammed (sallalahu alaihi wasalam).
Ameen

Perseveranze
09-06-2012, 06:43 PM
Asalaamu Alaikum,

Shows he(pbuh) used to think of us before we even existed;

The Messenger of Allah (peace be upon him) said:

“I wish that I could meet my brothers.” The Sahaabah asked: “Aren’t we your brothers?” He replied: “You are my Companions, but my brothers are those who will believe in me without having seen me.”

- Sahih Al-Jaami #7108.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!