/* */

PDA

View Full Version : American female defense lawyer wears hijab out of respect for her client

Snowflake
05-08-2012, 06:12 AM
Cheryl Bormann, 52, insisted other women in court also dress 'appropriately'

A female defense attorney, who is not Muslim, wore the traditional Islamic hijab to the military court staging the trial of five Guantanamo Bay prisoners accused of the September 11 attacks yesterday.

Cheryl Bormann, 52, who represents Walid bin Attash, said that her client had demanded she wear the clothing and insisted that other women at the hearing also wear 'appropriate' clothes out of respect for his religion.

Today she explained her decision at Guantanamo Bay, saying she always wears the hijab around her client.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz1uFtjNyr5

So brave! May Allah guide her to the right Path. Ameen

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Pygoscelis
05-09-2012, 07:04 AM
A kind and considerate move on her part I suppose. I hope her client appreciates what she is doing for him.

Futuwwa
05-13-2012, 11:43 AM
Business is business ;D

Abz2000
05-13-2012, 04:49 PM
that report was so loaded that it almost justifies the suspicion that the outcome of this trial is already a foregone conclusion,

'I saw what they did to our loved ones - crushed them to pieces,' he said.

'They praise Allah. I say, ''**** you!''' said retired Mr Hanson from Eaton, Connecticut.

Several people who viewed the proceedings said they had little sympathy for the defendants' complaints about their treatment, given the brutality of the deaths of the nearly 3,000 victims of the attacks.
what's "several" lol? doesn't that show biased and steered trash reporting in order to mold a specific conclusion in the minds readers?

'The public needs to see how in the world you could defend these horrible criminals, and how the prosecutor will be able to prove to the country and the world this is a fair and just system.'
i thought it was meant to be innocent until proven guilty, but it is becoming clearer by the day that it's innocent until proven Muslim.

She added: 'They're engaging in jihad in a courtroom.'
Six victims' families chosen by lottery traveled to Guantanamo to see the arraignment in person.
it seems the military industrial complex and other private defense contractors have a blank cheque to spend as much as they can and rinse the economy dry, but "randomly" choosing only 6 of the victims families is maybe "cost effective", (as well as the fact that all those families who are demanding a new independent investigation into the events on 9/11won't get the chance to sway public o-pinion in this kangaroo trial).

http://www.911truth.org/article.php?story=20110201184457662

NEW YORK CITY, NY (Oct. 26, 2004)(Updated Sep. 11, 2009) - An alliance of 100 prominent Americans and 40 family members of those killed on 9/11 today announced the release of the 911 Truth Statement, a call for immediate inquiry into evidence that suggests high-level government officials may have deliberately allowed the September 11th attacks to occur.

http://www.911truth.org/article.php?story=20041026093059633

Many 9/11 survivors and many 9/11 victim family members have expressed significant criticism of the 9/11 Commission Report. Several even allege government complicity in the terrible acts of 9/11.
http://patriotsquestion911.com/survivors.html

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
GuestFellow
05-15-2012, 09:35 PM
That is polite of her.

~ Sabr ~
05-17-2012, 06:52 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Futuwwa
Business is business ;D
Yes but she doesn't have to wear it, she chose to wear it, MashaAllaah.

BadOlPuttyTat
05-17-2012, 04:55 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abz2000
i thought it was meant to be innocent until proven guilty, but it is becoming clearer by the day that it's innocent until proven Muslim
That my dear sir is the MOST EPIC statement i have heard in years! :statisfie

Futuwwa
05-18-2012, 02:49 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Haafizah

Yes but she doesn't have to wear it, she chose to wear it, MashaAllaah.
And giving the client what the client wants is good business. I honestly think this action by the lawyer is a matter of professional pragmatism, but I applaud her nonetheless. There'd be a lot less bigotry in the world if all professionals had the sense to put business first. And a lot more profit too ;D

ProudMuslimSis
05-18-2012, 06:58 PM
How desperate we have become to celebrate small gestures like this!

The "nice" and right thing to do is to let them all free. It is long overdue!

IslamicRevival
05-18-2012, 08:23 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ProudMuslimSis
How desperate we have become to celebrate small gestures like this!
Not really a 'small' gesture, she could have easily refused but instead chose to wear the Hijab out of respect. It is an extremely honorable thing to do in my opinion and who knows, she may accept Islam one day InshAllah.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!