/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Read/understand English translation of the Quran

Hulk
05-08-2012, 10:22 AM
Assalamualaikum,

I just want to share what in my opinion is one of the easiest to read and understand translations of the Quran, it was introduced to me by another brother..

There are altogether 8 Volumes consisting of exegesis/explanations as well as additional information. It is called the "Ma'ariful Quran" by Mufti Shafi Uthmani.

I think it is important for us to take careful precaution when attempting to understand the Quran as not just anyone is qualified to interpret it. Even those of knowledge are not infallible. In short, the Quran itself is perfect but our understanding is not.

Anyway, here you are.

CLICK HERE!

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
AhlaamBella
05-08-2012, 11:58 AM
JazakAllah Khayr for this!! :statisfie

I agree, it isn't enough to just read the Qur'an - it really enriches your reading when you get explanations to the verses :)

True-blue
05-08-2012, 12:37 PM
Jazakallah Khayran . I hope that one day we will find this Tafsir in searchable format.

Hulk
05-08-2012, 02:52 PM
No prob sis I hope it will be beneficial to you :)

Ah and yes it would be good if the text can be highlighted. It would certainly make taking down notes much easier.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
AhlaamBella
05-08-2012, 05:13 PM
You can search on a PDF. If you press CTRL+F and type in what you're looking for. You can even highlight and add notes on adobe. I do it all the time when Proofreading and Editing :)

Or have I misunderstood :hmm:

Karimah
05-08-2012, 08:20 PM
Just curious as to why you feel this is a good translation and explanation, like what is the person's 'qualifications' so to speak, not attacking or anything just wondering...

Hulk
05-08-2012, 10:24 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by AhlaamBella
You can search on a PDF. If you press CTRL+F and type in what you're looking for.
I'm afraid it's a bit hard for me because the pages are scanned images of the book I think hehehe.

format_quote Originally Posted by Karimah
Just curious as to why you feel this is a good translation and explanation, like what is the person's 'qualifications' so to speak, not attacking or anything just wondering...
No worries it is a valid question! If you noticed I didn't use the word "good" or "best" but rather "easy to read and understand" as that is how I felt as I was reading it.

The best way to go through reading the Quran would be in the presence of a teacher who can explain to you the things you don't understand and even the things you misunderstand. In case you can't find a teacher then read a translation that has tafsir or exegesis.

It's not easy for me to explain the definitions of "knowledgable" or "qualified" in Islam but an easy way for you to understand what I meant by my description of the book is to read it for yourself and see if you find it easy to read and understand ;)

AhlaamBella
05-09-2012, 10:31 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Hulk
I'm afraid it's a bit hard for me because the pages are scanned images of the book I think hehehe.
Oh, yeah. My bad. Just tried it... that's annoying. :exhausted lol

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!