/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Interview, Plz help!

ILuvAllah
05-09-2012, 07:42 PM
Salam,

Last Week I applied for a sales assistant job in a retail clothing shop and today they called me to attend the recruitment evening. I have no idea what they do in a recruitment evening and I'm very nervous. can you please give me some idea what they might ask me or tell me to do, so that I can prepare myself. My confidence level is so low, thats why I feel so nervous. Can you tell me some dua I can recite when I go there?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Qurratul Ayn
05-09-2012, 08:13 PM
:salamext:

I had a similar situation but in a footwear store - Clarks :D

They put us into groups and the leader of the group was a person already working in the store, they gave us a scenario of a customer coming in and asking advice on what shoe to wear for a "wedding", I piped up and asked "what will you be wearing for the wedding?", the assistant then had to think and answered back with their "chosen attire" for the "wedding"and we had to choose what shoe would go with it.
After the choosing of the shoe (we had to pick a shoe individually), we then sat down and one by one, we had to stand up in front of everyone and say why we had chosen the shoe, I got up, spoke, sat back down and next thing you know, I was hired.

I just read my Namaaz, prayed to Allaah and hoped for the best, that's all you can do my Sister Iluv<3Allah, unfortunately I don't know any Du'as for this, I just pray my Namaaz and think whatever Allaah does it is always for the best :)

I hope this was useful :hmm:

I will keep you in my Du'as

Hulk
05-09-2012, 08:22 PM
Hahaha cute! Though if in your shoes I'd probably be terrified too.

ILuvAllah
05-09-2012, 08:28 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Qurratul Ayn

I had a similar situation but in a footwear store - Clarks :D

They put us into groups and the leader of the group was a person already working in the store, they gave us a scenario of a customer coming in and asking advice on what shoe to wear for a "wedding", I piped up and asked "what will you be wearing for the wedding?", the assistant then had to think and answered back with his "chosen attire" for the "wedding"and we had to choose what shoe would go with it.
After the choosing of the shoe (we had to pick a shoe individually), we then sat down and one by one, we had to stand up in front of everyone and say why we had chosen the shoe, I got up, spoke, sat back down and next thing you know, I was hired.

I just read my Namaaz, prayed to Allaah and hoped for the best, that's all you can do my Sister Iluv<3Allah, unfortunately I don't know any Du'as for this, I just pray my Namaaz and think whatever Allaah does it is always for the best :)

I hope this was useful :hmm:

I will keep you in my Du'as

Omg if they tell me to do something like that then I'd fail :( May Allah help me

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Qurratul Ayn
05-09-2012, 09:19 PM
No you won't fail!!! Don't be pessimistic!!! Be positive & pray to Allaah!

Insha'Allaah it will work out, if it doesn't then it was for the best and something BETTER will come up!!!

Chin up, smile & think positivity!

aadil77
05-10-2012, 10:58 AM
Wasalam,

It'll probably involve some customer role play so you'll need to be confident

Dua of Musa (Moses, A.S) for good speech, when he was sent by Allah to Pharaoh:
رَبِّ اشْرَحْ لِي صَدْرِي (20:25)
وَيَسِّرْ لِي أَمْرِي (20:26)
وَاحْلُلْ عُقْدَةً مِّن لِّسَانِي (20:27)
يَفْقَهُوا قَوْلِي (20:28)

rabbi ishrah lee sadree
Wayassir lee amree
Waohlul AAuqdatan min lisanee
Yafqahoo qawlee

"O my Lord! Open for me my chest (grant me self-confidence, contentment, and boldness).
"And ease my task for me;
"And make loose the knot (the defect) from my tongue, (i.e. remove the incorrectness from my speech)
"That they understand my speech,”
Al-Qur'an, 20.025-28 (Ta Ha [Ta Ha])

Also another one::

Dua of Musa (Moses, A.S) for any good:
رَبِّ إِنِّي لِمَا أَنزَلْتَ إِلَيَّ مِنْ خَيْرٍ فَقِيرٌ (28:24)

rabbi innee lima anzalta ilayya min khayrin faqeerun

"My Lord! Truly, I am in need of whatever good that You bestow on me!"

Al-Qur'an, 28.024 (Al-Qasas [The Narrations])

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!