/* */

PDA

View Full Version : need help with talk

nutty
05-13-2012, 06:40 PM
Assalamun alaikum

Insha-Allaah i have been asked to give a talk in the weekly halaqah i attend...the thing is am stuck on what to talk about nd how to go about gving the talk....Whenever i talk to ppl my mind goes blank and i cant think of anything to say..I would appreciate advise on how to do this..what kind of things shall i talk about..and any tips would be most welcome..

jazak-Allaah

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
tango92
05-13-2012, 08:20 PM
you could watch a youtube lecture on the topic and make notes. then when you give your talk, if your mind goes blank you can just copy the lecture you watched

dqsunday
05-14-2012, 02:55 AM
I would tackle it much like any speech/presentation. First, figure out how long it should be. (say 10 min? You can say a fair bit in 10 minutes) Next, a topic. Maybe talk about Fathers day and how it works within Islam..(I would say Mother's day as you can mention the whole 'paradise is at the foot of the mother' etc.) To stick to more Islamic issues,could skim through all the various topics in the forum for ideas. Then its just a matter of what angle you want to take the topic, your own arguments (if needed), and just writing down what you want to say, backup references etc, quotes from the Qur'an and various hadiths, either in English or both Arabic and English..

Once you finished writing, read it out loud and time yourself. Its amazing how you can say in a set among of time, even at a normal speaking pace. Edit as needed to shorten or add more material to lengthen as needed. Then its a matter of practicing it, reading it and reciting it till you memorize it or as much of it as possible, then you can just write an abridged version as a 'cheat sheet' to keep yourself on track.

rabiakhalid
05-14-2012, 05:37 AM
Tomorrow is mother day

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
~ Sabr ~
05-14-2012, 07:16 AM
Paradise and Hellfire?

Backbiting in Islaam?

World of the Angels?

So many topics!

nutty
05-14-2012, 01:08 PM
jazak-Allaah for ur helps

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!