/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Would praying 4 this be wrong?

~ Sabr ~
05-14-2012, 02:10 PM
:salamext:

I pray this reaches you in the best of health and Imaan

Jannah and Jahannam, Barzakh, Punishment of the grave, etc. are parts of the Unseen, and there is a barrier between us and those things until we die. :skeleton:

However would it be just a teeny weeny bit wrong, for me to pray to Allaah and to show me glimpses of Jannah in my dream? Just to get me motivated and so I can strive more? :nervous:

Would it be totally against the rules of Allaah as that is a part of the unseen? :exhausted

Please advise

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
IbnAbdulHakim
05-14-2012, 03:02 PM
no sis, to see jannah in a dream is much possible, becoz u can see MUCH GREATER as examplified below.

"One of the highest examples of such favor is undoubtedly the meeting and true vision of the Prophet, which is a reality established in the hadith of seeing the Prophet in dream, and documented through the relations of the trustworthy from the Companions to the Successors and their Successors down to our day. Some of these relations have been recorded in Suyuti's fatwa Tanwir al-halak fi imkan ru'yat al-nabi wal malak (The illumination of intense darkness through the possibility of seeing the prophet and the angels) in his Hawi li al-fatawi. We have already mentioned in the section discussing the evidence that the Prophet hears and sees us al-Haytami's answer in his Fatawa hadithiyya whereby it is possible for Allah's Friends to meet the Prophet while awake in our time.44 They can also meet al-Khidr, as Sakhawi relates about Imam Nawawi:

It is well-known that he (Imam Nawawi) used to meet with al-Khidr and converse with him among many other mukashafat.45

The exalted status of the saints' firasa is mentioned in the hadith whereby the Prophet said: ittaqu firasat al-mu'min fa innahu yara bi nurillah "Beware the vision of the believer, for he sees with the light of Allah," then he recited the verse: "Therein lie portents for those who read the signs" (al-mutawassimin) (15:75).46 Tirmidhi narrated this authentic hadith in the Book of the Commentary of Qur'an in his Sunan and said that some of the commentators have explained "Those who read the signs" as meaning: those who possess vision (al-mutafarrisin)." al-Sakhawi in al-Maqasid al-hasana (#23) mentions another authentic hadith whereby the Prophet said: "Allah has servants who know (the truth about people) through reading the signs" (tawassum).47"

45 al-Sakhawi, Tarjimat shaykh al-islam qutb al-awliya Abi Zakariyya al-Nawawi, p. 33.

46 Tirmidhi (gharib) from Abu Sa`id al-Khudri, and Tabarani from Abu Imama with a fair (hasan) chain according to al-Haythami in the chapter on firasa of Majma` al-zawa'id.

47 Related from Anas with a fair chain by al-Bazzar, Tabarani, Abu Nu`aym in al-Tibb al-nabawi, and from Ibn Sa`id by Bukhari in his Tarikh, al-`Askari in al-Amthal, Ibn Jarir al-Tabari in his Tafsir for 15:75, Ibn Abi Hatim, and Ibn Mardawayh.

'Abd-al Latif
05-14-2012, 03:53 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Haafizah
:salamext:

I pray this reaches you in the best of health and Imaan

Jannah and Jahannam, Barzakh, Punishment of the grave, etc. are parts of the Unseen, and there is a barrier between us and those things until we die. :skeleton:

However would it be just a teeny weeny bit wrong, for me to pray to Allaah and to show me glimpses of Jannah in my dream? Just to get me motivated and so I can strive more? :nervous:

Would it be totally against the rules of Allaah as that is a part of the unseen? :exhausted

Please advise

If you saw it then it wouldn't be "what no eye has seen". Ask Allah to just give you the motivation to strive for Jannah.

Hamza Asadullah
05-14-2012, 05:22 PM
There are many Muslims even those that are pious that have not been shown Jannah or the Prophet (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) in their dreams. This does not take anything away from their piety or how pleased Allah is with them but it maybe that it is better for them not to see such dreams as to many such dreams will be motivating whilst to others it may cause them to think they are guaranteed the hereafter thereby causing them to slack in worship causing them an eventual downfall.

So for many of us it is better to keep striving hard to please Allah and better ourselves in everyway that we can. It is better for you to ask of Allah to show you good dreams only if it is best for you.

And Allah knows best in all matters

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
dqsunday
05-14-2012, 05:32 PM
Just find the most beautiful spot in nature in your area and praise Allah for giving a tiny hint of the unimaginable beauty and splendor awaiting his righteous servants in Jennah.

Insaanah
05-14-2012, 06:11 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by IbnAbdulHakim
We have already mentioned in the section discussing the evidence that the Prophet hears and sees us al-Haytami's answer in his Fatawa hadithiyya whereby it is possible for Allah's Friends to meet the Prophet while awake in our time.
:sl: brother

The Prophet cannot see us, only Allah is All-Seeing, and only Allah is All-Hearing. And it is not possible to meet him :saws: while awake, for indeed those most worthy of meeting him after his death, and those closest to Allah, were those closest to him. If two different people in different parts of the world 'meet' him at the same time, that implies that he is omnipresent, which we know is not the case.

I'd agree with the three above me, best not to ask to see it, but to ask to enter it in the hereafter, and to be able to do deeds that are worthy of one being admitted into jannah.

And Allah knows best in all matters, and may He forgive me if I said anything wrong.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!