/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Hello

Cindy
05-15-2012, 12:45 AM
Hello everyone

My name is, Cindy, and I am 44 years old and live in Canada.

I am not Muslim, but for the last few years I became very interested in Islam, which intensified when I met a wonderful Muslim man online a year ago. I will have the pleasure of meeting him and his family this summer, and although I am assured I do not need to be Muslim to marry him ( I hope that happens) I wanted to show respect and learn everything about his religon. I know deep down he would like me to become Muslim but it's not something I can do just to please him, it has to be done because that's what I want.

I am reading the Quran and have watched many many videos and have been very lucky to talk to some wonderful people and a few not so wonderful about Islam, but I find myself getting frustrated at times. I want to learn from my heart and I'm fully opened to gaining the knowledge but sadly a few have had the opposite effect on me, when they talk to me they end up pushing me away from wanting to learn.

I don't want to be judged on anything I have done in my life, I think the only one who can do that is God. I want to be a better person, I want to be a good wife, I have all the tools in front of me waiting for me to pick them up and use them, I just have to learn the knowledge in order to do that. One thing that stands out in Islam, is the love, there is so much love and I look forward to exploring it more.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Muslim Woman
05-15-2012, 01:04 AM
Salaam/ Peace to you Cindy ,

Welcome to the forum.

Feel free to ask about Islam ; InshaAllah ( God Willing ) we would love to ans :)

Hulk
05-15-2012, 01:30 AM
Hello there, have you tried joining a class in your area? I think it would very beneficial:statisfie

welcome to the forums ok, :)

dqsunday
05-15-2012, 02:01 AM
Hello Cindy:

Welcome to the forum. Its full of helpful people and more info then I have time to go through but i am working my way through it. Like you I am Canadian and in the same age catagory. I only recently converted to Islam but have yet to 'come out' to the folks and the rest of my family. I have other challenges...and I am from a small community and the nearest Muslims are a half hour drive. Fortunately most are good people and very open to help.

Reading the Qur'an was a great start for me, before that I pretty much just read stuff at random online. The Memphis Islamic Center videos on youtube are great, as well as The Deen Show (I think the website is just www.thedeenshow.com ).

As for all your past sins, when you convert to Islam and say the Shahadah sincerely (from the heart) and Allah will forgive you all your past sins, and it will be like you are a new born baby, innocent and sin free. This fact is mentioned in the Qur'an (I can't remember which Surah, sorry..but i think it is mentioned a couple times. It may be in the latter half of the second verse/surah). When I read this it brought tears to my eyes. I certainly made my share of 'sins' prior. It felt good to do my Shahadah and feel so clean.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Ğħαrєєвαħ
05-15-2012, 07:15 PM
Greetings of peace Cindy,

Welcome on board!

Hope you enjoy your stay here and also find it beneficial towards yourself, God willingly..

Qurratul Ayn
05-15-2012, 08:19 PM
Peace, my dear

WELCOME TO THE FORUM!!!

May you find it beneficial and you gain knowledge from it too!!!

Take care

Peace, my dear

Amat Allah
05-16-2012, 02:44 AM
Hello sweetie and welcome O sister as a dear and precious member of our big beloved family...

whenever you need anything just ask away honey and God Willing; we will try our best to answer and help after our Lord...

just to remind ya of something which I believe you allready knew my dear...muslims are not angels, you will find the good and bad amongst them like in any where and nation in this world...good and bad are everywhere...

and the way of life that God (Allah) taught us is perfect cause it is from Him The Exalted The Perfect One but muslims are not perfect; we do sin and do mistakes just like anyone else, May God guide us all to Him always and forgive our sins and Be pleased with us Ameeeeeeeen

if you wana know Islam then learn Islam and never judge it for the misdeeds or bad behaviours or actions of its fallible followers...if we are good then this is from Allah The Creator The Most Merciful but if we are bad then this is from us for surrendering to our desires, whims and falling in satan's webs of sinning...

May Allah lead your way to the path of the endless happiness always and forever my precious and the whole world too Ameeeeeen

please, take care of your precious self...

leaving ya under Allah's sight, care and protection...

Humbly, your sister:

Amat Allah.

~ Sabr ~
05-17-2012, 07:38 AM
:welcome: to the forum

Hope you have a beneficial stay here InshaAllaah (God willing).

Please ask any questions you may have about Islaam.

Aishath
05-24-2012, 10:05 PM
Asalaamu Alaikum Cindy,

Welcome to the forums. Insha Allah (God Willing) I hope you find it beneficial here and find it welcoming as well. Also Insha Allah you will find what you are searching for.

format_quote Originally Posted by Amat Allah
just to remind ya of something which I believe you allready knew my dear...muslims are not angels, you will find the good and bad amongst them like in any where and nation in this world...good and bad are everywhere...
I believe that sums it up so well. I heard a quote once although I'm not sure of the source: 'Islam is perfect. Not the people'.

If you have any questions, please please don't hesitate to ask away. I'm sure there are many brothers and sisters who can help you gain knowledge if that is what you're looking for. Ultimately don't forget sis, if you are truly looking for guidance then just pray to God; Allah (swt) and pray for guidance and Insha Allah you will get it.

format_quote Originally Posted by Cindy
I don't want to be judged on anything I have done in my life, I think the only one who can do that is God. I want to be a better person, I want to be a good wife, I have all the tools in front of me waiting for me to pick them up and use them, I just have to learn the knowledge in order to do that. One thing that stands out in Islam, is the love, there is so much love and I look forward to exploring it more.
That part really stood out to me. And I'll make Dua/pray for you that Insha Allah you get the answers you are looking for. Don't worry about what others may think or what others may represent to you. In the end, this is between you and God and your search for a better life in this life and the hereafter; and your search for the truth.

I wish you all the best sis.

Salaam

cOsMiCiNtUiTiOn
05-29-2012, 09:20 PM
Asalaam Aleikum Cindy :)

Your post made me a bit teary eyed, it took me back to the days when I was looking into Islam and studying. Welcome to the forums! I echo everything sister Aishath said. Feel free to ask any questions you may have, members here are very helpful Masha Allah. I myself would love to help in any way that I can. Once you have enough posts I will be able to PM you and we can get in touch via MSN or something insha Allah. Enjoy your stay here, I hope to see you become more active insha Allah.

- cOsMiC

BadOlPuttyTat
05-29-2012, 09:57 PM
I am no Muslim sister but I will say this.......
if you can give up liquor and pork you will be fine :statisfie. Islam has wonderful teachings I enjoy. I may not be a Muslim but I wont deny that Islam is great and PURELY monotheistic.

in Islam it is 1 god = 1 god

The strict adherence of monotheism and decency is very strong in Islam and I would recommend it easily. Do not be swayed by others who hate islam and Muslims. Islam is wonderful and I still hold many of its practices regardless of being of a different faith.
Welcome to the family sister :muslimah:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!