/* */

PDA

View Full Version : What is your opinion of this ?

truthseeker63
05-18-2012, 07:36 AM
Muslims- A Walk in Your Shoes

16:14 - 5 years ago
Two teens, a Muslim from New Jersey and a Christian from near Boston learn about each other in the post 9/11 world. Learn about Islam, Muslims and the month of Ramadan.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...46795158589374#

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
~ Sabr ~
05-18-2012, 07:38 AM
That's good.....right?

truthseeker63
05-18-2012, 07:46 AM
I think it is good for a Young White American Western Christian Girl to learn about Islam/Muslims. I say White because many Western Whites that I meet don't know much about Islam. I hope this Christian Girl converts or reverts to Islam I hope she and the Muslim Girl stay Friends.

BadOlPuttyTat
05-18-2012, 08:01 AM
Ehhh i hate this stuff so much. You must realize, when people speak hate about Islam and Arab's they dont realize they are not the same. One is a religion and one is a ethnicity. Issue is these people dont care about truths, they want hate and war and they crave meaningless bloodshed. They want war to go on and this becomes a political factor and has now corrupted the plutocratic/fascist party of America and event he UK. The ideal is that people must die for who they are. They know simply well what they say makes no sense since how could a thousand year old religion demand death to kafirs and JUST attack the US roughly 30 years ago? With a 1.2 billion strong. American's fail to realize their own country sent troops and killed people just for oil and few the Muslims who consist of the ummah and persian nations. They literally say and i have read this before " we must bring democracy to the world and destroy all government not like us". That is the exacts ame standards many racist or fascists American sociopolitical groups like the Tea Party believe. They literally believe in the old "veni, vidi, vici" belief meaning "i came, i saw, i conquered". They think no nations is entitled to live free from foreign political rule, they say NATO is the federation of governments under the US (which it is). They say how civilized they are and believe in freedom yet openly say the total opposite! NO COUNTRY likes NATO, NATO was formed to keep countries from killing each other the minute a political leader broke wind countries in Europe and Asia would start battling over spilled milk. Nobody cares about these videos sadly because they enjoy war and feel entitled to every bit of land and culture, they have no respect for it. Then you have the other American's who are TO RESPECTFUL and start adopting foreign influences such as food, religion, clothing, media etc. You see WHITE MUSLIMS, who dont believe in Allah but simply are Muslims because they feel guilty about what the US does to the ummah nations! Hindu Americans, WHO ARE WHITE! None of this is wrong but the issue is its done out of guilt. The decreasing group of hateful American's must learn to be quiet or change their evil views. And the increasing "multi cultural" American's must stop feeling guilty and realize they are born white American's and live a life not based off guilt or fear because they cannot do anything whole heartedly. I am biracial and feel no guilt or care for what any of my races have done simply because I AM NOT ONE OF THEM! :p

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Muhaba
05-18-2012, 06:11 PM
it's important to realize that a muslim's first obligation is doing dawah (preaching). if muslims preached, the world wouldn't be in the darkness about what Islam is and what it wants.

For nearly 13 years after becoming a prophet, Prophet Muhammad (SAW) preached patiently to the idolators of Makkah. During the first 3 years he preached secretly only to people close to him. Afterward he started preaching openly.

and from the start, every person who became a muslim also started preaching. they didn't leave the work of preaching to someone else or to a few people: every muslim would preach. thus islam grew at an exponential rate.

When the unbelievers of Makkah learned of the new religion, they started trying to stop people from converting through various ways: they persecuted new muslims, especially the weaker muslims; they spread stories about the Prophet (SAW) to keep people from other parts of Arabia from learning about the new religion. they did whatever they could, even boycotting the muslims and not selling or buying from them.

the muslims endured all this with patience. some of the muslims emigrated to Ethyopia which was ruled by a christian ruler, and were able to escape the persecution of the idolator Meccans. Others unable to migrate remained in Makkah, patiently enduring the persecution and at the same time preaching. Finally, after nearly 12 years, some people from another Saudi Arabian city, Yathrib, came to Makkah (Mecca) and accepted Islam and encouraged the muslims to migrate to Yathrib. So the muslims of Makkah started migrating to Yathrib (which was renamed as Madina tul Nabi - the city of the Prophet). Many makkan muslims migrated secretly because the idolators of Makkah weren't letting them leave either. the makkan idolators intended to finish the new religion.

The Makkan muslims left their homes and belongings, sacrificing all to protect their faith, and they migrated to Madina. Some of them were even forced by the Makkan idolators to leave their money. others were forced to leave their wives and infant children whom the wives' families didn't allow to migrate.

when the unbelievers of Makkah saw that the muslims were escaping to Madina, the plotted to kill the Prophet Muhammad (SAW). God informed him and he too decided to migrate with his closest friend Abu Bakr (R). On the day that the Makkan idolators planned to carry out their plans, the Prophet (SAW) planned to leave Mecca. The idolators were sitting on guard outside the house of the Prophet (SAW). The Prophet (SAW), while reciting Surah Yasin (chapter 36 of the Quran) went out of his house, past the idolators waiting there without being seen by anyone, and to Abu Bakr (R)'s house. from there the two friends left Makkah for Madina.

after some two weeks, the two reached Madina where the muslims made the first Islamic state. There, the muslims wanted to live in peace and be able to follow their religion and to spread the religion to others. The Muslim state was forced to fight some battles, many of which were in self-defence as the Makkan and other unbelievers attacked them several times.

after some 10 years in Madina, the Prophet (SAW) decided to conquer his home city Makkah. But it was to be conquered without a battle. the Prophet (SAW) with all the muslims went from Madina to Makkah and took the Makkans by surprise. But a battle was not fought. Makkan idolators were not killed. They were all pardoned for their former actions.

This is the true nature of Islam. Islam is not a religion of war. Islam doesn't want to kill other people or to finish other religions. God says in the Quran, chapter 2: There is no compulsion in religion. That means that no one is forced to convert to Islam nor is anyone killed for having a different religion.

The muslim's main and first obligation is spreading the religion peacefully. If one wants to follow in the footsteps of the Prophet (SAW) then that is what they will do. they will not be thinking of taking up arms against the kafirs. the Prophet (SAW) while living in Makkah didn't do that. He only preached.

It's also important to get complete and correct Islamic knowledge. unfortunately many people have no islamic knowledge but are doing without any knowledge.

as can be seen in the above, most of the battles the muslims fought were in self defence. Also battles were fought on battlefields and civilians were not killed. Suicide bombing, hijacking planes, etc is not jihad. Killing civilians is not jihad. God says in the Quran that if someone kills one person it is like killing the whole world and if someone saves one person it is like saving the whole world.

New muslims should know that they have to get correct and complete islamic knowledge so that the aren't misled by the enemies of islam or ignorant people. Read a commentary of the Quran such as Ibn Kathir Quran Commentary (or the Quran commentary I posted in the Quran section called Quran study and Memorization club). after you have knowledge of Islam, start propogating islam to the nonmuslims, whether you do it one to one or online.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!