/* */

PDA

View Full Version : What's with your username?

Hulk
05-18-2012, 01:35 PM
So I have this tiny little problem.. I'm not very good when it comes to coming up with usernames/nicknames.

I see a lot of the members here have very interesting usernames and I was wondering if you don't mind maybe you can share how you came up with it, perhaps there could be a meaning behind it?

My username is Hulk because I can't think of any other username for myself and I just thought it would be funny to imagine Hulk using a computer to go on forums and all.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
~ Sabr ~
05-18-2012, 01:37 PM
:salamext:

I really want to become a Haafizah one day InshaAllaah, hence the name.

Who Am I?
05-18-2012, 02:51 PM
Because I am still trying to figure out who I am?

sister herb
05-18-2012, 03:05 PM
Because I am in war for freedom of Palestine and for human rights.

(harb = war)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Muhaba
05-18-2012, 03:10 PM
i wonder if my previous name (muhaba) was better than this one. it really seems uninteresting. i'm good at passwords but not names.

BadOlPuttyTat
05-18-2012, 03:10 PM
Your username says Hulk, rather funny.
My username Shadows and dust its a quote from the Greek poet Quintus Horatius Flaccus .
He coined the term "We are all but shadows and dust" referring to the short time of humanity and our accomplishments. Its a very negative and cynical name which fits my personality :p. But it has a deep meaning and i thought of it without even remembering his name, i am very in tune with ancient Greek culture and philosophy that it pours out of me.
We come we work and we leave, its the life of humans pure and simple. Our lives leave as quick as they come and we are but "shadow and dust". :statisfie

Al-bint
05-18-2012, 03:19 PM
:sl:

Al-Bint = The Girl. The first time I ever joined any forum of this kind was when I had recently started learning Arabic. So when I was asked to enter a username, it just clicked as bint was one among the first arabic words I learnt! well yeah there is no interesting story behind this one...

:wa:
fee amanillah!

Muhaba
05-18-2012, 03:22 PM
shadowanddust is an interesting name.

I am a writer, so my name's writer. but i've been trying to come up with something better. so far haven't been able to.

Samiun
05-18-2012, 03:46 PM
:sl: I'm Samiun becuz there's an arabic word that goes with one of the verse in the Qur'an 'As-Samiun Alim' or something like that..

IslamicRevival
05-18-2012, 03:51 PM
All i wanted really was a short simple User ID. I really dont know how i came up with 'Vision', think i may have nicked it off 'television'.. i dont know :)

marwen
05-18-2012, 03:55 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Samiun
I'm Samiun becuz there's an arabic word that goes with one of the verse in the Qur'an 'As-Samiun Alim' or something like that..
Wait .. That's one of Allah's names bro (As-Samii'u). I don't think it's permissible. I would change it.

Scimitar
05-18-2012, 04:16 PM

Qurratul Ayn
05-18-2012, 04:48 PM

Qurratul Ayn - an Arabic name for a girl (one of my favourite girl's names), meaning "apple of the eye", also it begins with 'Q', for me it's an unusual letter for a name to begin with, that was what most appealed to me :)

BadOlPuttyTat
05-18-2012, 04:59 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Scimitar

So that'd what your suppose to behead kafir's with? I was doing it all wrong using a pencil :hmm:, no wonder it took so long

Scimitar
05-18-2012, 05:01 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ShadowsAndDust
So that'd what your suppose to behead kafir's with? I was doing it all wrong using a pencil :hmm:, no wonder it took so long
;D no, I have a folded 440 X katana for that one bro... Nyehs! ;D

I'm surprised no one noticed the effort I took in placing my avatar/logo on the sword (bummer)... but then again, the pic got resized so it's much smaller now. Here's a link: http://oi48.tinypic.com/33as5d5.jpg Yeah, I'm showing off ;D

Scimi

BadOlPuttyTat
05-18-2012, 05:13 PM

;D no, I have a folded 440 X katana for that one bro... Nyehs! ;D

I'm surprised no one noticed the effort I took in placing my avatar/logo on the sword (bummer)... but then again, the pic got resized so it's much smaller now. Here's a link: http://oi48.tinypic.com/33as5d5.jpg Yeah, I'm showing off ;D

Scimi
I have a 13 inch tactical knife with a 8 inch 440 steel, black tainted blade, excellent for a close shave :p. The irony is i bought it on Christmas lol, the bigger irony is i didn'y know it had a sister blade and i could have bought 2 blades instead of one. :hmm:

Attachment 4817

No idea why it looks small i the pic, incase your wondering about the paper its for me to right my rakats on and i intend on doing some artwork regarding the shahadah

Scimitar
05-18-2012, 05:27 PM
I've had all my weapons confiscated by the police... long story short, i was coming back from MA practice, and they did a stop and search and found my chakus... next thing I know, I'm being asked to prove that I was in a class. I couldn't, since the place had closed for the night and I never take my mobile to class. Lost it once there already. Anyway, I gets myself arrested, charged for possession of an offensive weapon. And then given a court date for 6 months time... a week passes and I get a knock on my door. Police have a warrant to search the premises. So they search, find and confiscate... but they can't charge me, because I claim that they hold souvenir value ;D

I got a fine and a record. Ridiculous.

Nice knife though, makes me wanna go fishing :)

Scimi

Hulk
05-18-2012, 05:28 PM
Wa alaykum salam wrwb to those who greeted. MashaAllah you all have very interesting stories behind your username.

And bro scimitar good work on implanting your logo on the sword lol, the lighting looks right :)

That's a nice knife you got bro shads what do you use it for? Do you bring it hunting? Eversince a classmate accidentally cut my hand with a penknife I don't play with sharp objects.

Scimitar
05-18-2012, 05:31 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Hulk
And bro scimitar good work on implanting your logo on the sword lol, the lighting looks right
WHOOOOHOOOOOO, you noticed :) double thumbs up, and BIG GRIN ;D

[does a dance, scares away children... sits back down]

Scimi

EDIT:

format_quote Originally Posted by Who Am I?
Because I am still trying to figure out who I am?
No... you just don't wanna change it coz your avatar absolutely rocks (can I blame ya? naaah) :)

~ Sabr ~
05-18-2012, 05:40 PM

I think i'm in love with this picture. :skeleton:

BadOlPuttyTat
05-18-2012, 06:22 PM
I've had all my weapons confiscated by the police... long story short, i was coming back from MA practice, and they did a stop and search and found my chakus... next thing I know, I'm being asked to prove that I was in a class. I couldn't, since the place had closed for the night and I never take my mobile to class. Lost it once there already. Anyway, I gets myself arrested, charged for possession of an offensive weapon. And then given a court date for 6 months time... a week passes and I get a knock on my door. Police have a warrant to search the premises. So they search, find and confiscate... but they can't charge me, because I claim that they hold souvenir value ;D

I got a fine and a record. Ridiculous.

Nice knife though, makes me wanna go fishing :)

Scimi
Unlucky you. I live in California, strict gun control but none for knives or swords. I walked out a sword as a minor and bought a knife and combat boots and nobody could do anything about it. Its also legal to carry a knife as long as its not concealed also and the police were very dumb also and judging by certain state laws you could sue.

Endymion
05-18-2012, 06:25 PM
Endymion is one of the master pieces of Keats.Im in love with this poem and every time i read it,i enjoy the beauty more than before.

Endymion
05-18-2012, 06:28 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by marwen
Wait .. That's one of Allah's names bro (As-Samii'u). I don't think it's permissible. I would change it.
As Samii'u is not permissible but just Samii'u is permissible.

BadOlPuttyTat
05-18-2012, 06:29 PM
Wa alaykum salam wrwb to those who greeted. MashaAllah you all have very interesting stories behind your username.

And bro scimitar good work on implanting your logo on the sword lol, the lighting looks right :)

That's a nice knife you got bro shads what do you use it for? Do you bring it hunting? Eversince a classmate accidentally cut my hand with a penknife I don't play with sharp objects.
It's just a wall decoration honestly lol. And i use it to cut boxes open for packages and its a nice mail opener. But i will say this about hunting.
Ernest Hemingway - "Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and like it, never really care for anything else thereafter."
all i can say to that is its "Sad but true" - James Hetfield :p
I am very poetic and a strong philosopher.

marwen
05-18-2012, 06:36 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Endymion
As Samii'u is not permissible but just Samii'u is permissible.
I guess you're right. But I'm not comfortable with such names.

Endymion
05-18-2012, 06:41 PM
I allow you to choose a name of your choice for yourself just tell me the meaning of "Marwen" :statisfie

~Zaria~
05-18-2012, 06:45 PM
'Zaria'

Russian for sunrise,
Hebrew from Sarah - Princess,
Arabic from Zahra - flowers/ blossoms

And I love all the meanings, SubhanAllah : )

~Zaria~
05-18-2012, 06:47 PM
Endymion is one of the master pieces of Keats.Im in love with this poem and every time i read it,i enjoy the beauty more than before.
Assalamu-alaikum ukthi,

I would love to hear this poem.....please share it with us : )

JazakAllah khayrun

IslamicRevival
05-18-2012, 07:06 PM
There is no need to go to such extremes.

One of Allah's names is 'Al-Ali'

العل The Highest Al-Ali

And as we know Hazrat Ali (May Allah be pleased with him) was the name of our Nabi's (Peace be upon him) son in law and companion. There really is nothing wrong with my username.

dqsunday
05-18-2012, 07:28 PM
Scimitar: I love your artwork and how you put your logo onto the blade, which really is a cool looking blade. I always have been fascinated by swords and daggers of all sorts, not that I am any expert. One of the many things I have been wanting to learn is how to fight with a sword. Never had the time though. That and when I do have the time, I don't have the money or there just isn't any classes being offered, other than joining something like S.C.A (Society of Creative Anarchism I think it means).

As for owning/keeping weapons, the restrictions in Canada are tight. I think you need something like 3 different papers to have a gun (owning a gun permit, certificate for completing a weapons safety course I believe and a gun license (or maybe its a hunting license? OR both, can't remember)) For bladed weapons, I believe it has to have under a 5" blade and anything longer has to be dulled or designed so you can't add an edge to it. These would be your typical display swords etc. And there are other laws about martial art type weapons too but I can't remember. Needless to say, I just don't bother buying weapons..to much red tape. I do own a long bow however...just no hunting type arrows other than target arrows (not that these cant' kill if i fire it at somebody, the bow is pretty powerful, far more than the kid ones in school for archery class. The guys in my class were impressed I Had no problem drawing the strongest bow there...a measly 25 pound. Mine is 50.)

Anyway, why I choose my nick:

Long story really...since I had it for over a decade. Basically I used to go by DragonQueen..but too many people started using that and I hate having numbers after it. Also most people in chat rooms kept calling me DQ for short (made sense) then new people thought it stood for Dairy Queen (a chain store for ice cream and burgers and other basic fast foods up here in Canada, not sure if the US has them). So, I decided to just switch to dqsunday. Which was nicely unique. That and I am a sweet person ;) At least when I am not being 'nutty'

Sunnie Ameena
05-18-2012, 07:30 PM
My birth name is "Paula". Over twenty years ago, when my kids were lots younger, they would always have their friends over. The little kids would always say that I was always so happy and sunny. So they started calling me that, so that is where "Sunnie" came from. Then last year I converted and wanted to add an Arabic name to it, so I found "Ameena". I am sure everyone knows that it means trustworthy and faithful, and I consider myself to be trustworthy and faithful, but it is also a pretty word to say. So that is how I got "Sunnie Ameena". I know it is a boring story, but wanted to share. Sunnie Ameena

sister herb
05-18-2012, 07:34 PM
No, it wasn´t boring but sunny story.

:)

Qurratul Ayn
05-18-2012, 07:35 PM

It's not boring at all!!!

You're meant to be positive, not negative Sister Sunnie Ameena!!! LOL (I like the spelling of it) & I'm glad you shared, you definitely have a sunny nature if children decided to call you that!!!

You're funny ;D

Sunnie Ameena
05-18-2012, 07:35 PM
Asalamu Alaikum
dqsunday, there are Dairy Queens here, but I have to tell you, that they have commercials that advertise D Q Sundaes.

Endymion
05-18-2012, 07:41 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ~Zaria~
Assalamu-alaikum ukthi,

I would love to hear this poem.....please share it with us : )

JazakAllah khayrun
:wa: sister Zaria :statisfie

Here you are.Enjoy :)

http://www.online-literature.com/keats/3811/

Endymion
05-18-2012, 08:09 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Vision

العل The Highest Al-Ali

And as we know Hazrat Ali (May Allah be pleased with him) was the name of our Nabi's (Peace be upon him) son in law and companion. There really is nothing wrong with my username.
I addition to what Vision said,Allah SWT is Awwal and Aakhir and Muhammad SAW also has these two names but the difference between the two is "Al".Allah SWT is Al-Awwal and Al-Aakhir while Muhammad SAW is just Awwal and Aakhir.
In my knowledge,its necessary to add Abd with two names of Allah SWT.Allah and Rehman and you can use rest without using Abd and its ok :statisfie

Endymion
05-18-2012, 08:10 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Sunnie Ameena
My birth name is "Paula". Over twenty years ago, when my kids were lots younger, they would always have their friends over. The little kids would always say that I was always so happy and sunny. So they started calling me that, so that is where "Sunnie" came from. Then last year I converted and wanted to add an Arabic name to it, so I found "Ameena". I am sure everyone knows that it means trustworthy and faithful, and I consider myself to be trustworthy and faithful, but it is also a pretty word to say. So that is how I got "Sunnie Ameena". I know it is a boring story, but wanted to share. Sunnie Ameena
Ah so you are a shining bright Ameena not a secterian Ameena :D

BadOlPuttyTat
05-18-2012, 08:48 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by dqsunday
Scimitar: I love your artwork and how you put your logo onto the blade, which really is a cool looking blade. I always have been fascinated by swords and daggers of all sorts, not that I am any expert. One of the many things I have been wanting to learn is how to fight with a sword. Never had the time though. That and when I do have the time, I don't have the money or there just isn't any classes being offered, other than joining something like S.C.A (Society of Creative Anarchism I think it means).

As for owning/keeping weapons, the restrictions in Canada are tight. I think you need something like 3 different papers to have a gun (owning a gun permit, certificate for completing a weapons safety course I believe and a gun license (or maybe its a hunting license? OR both, can't remember)) For bladed weapons, I believe it has to have under a 5" blade and anything longer has to be dulled or designed so you can't add an edge to it. These would be your typical display swords etc. And there are other laws about martial art type weapons too but I can't remember. Needless to say, I just don't bother buying weapons..to much red tape. I do own a long bow however...just no hunting type arrows other than target arrows (not that these cant' kill if i fire it at somebody, the bow is pretty powerful, far more than the kid ones in school for archery class. The guys in my class were impressed I Had no problem drawing the strongest bow there...a measly 25 pound. Mine is 50.)

Anyway, why I choose my nick:

Long story really...since I had it for over a decade. Basically I used to go by DragonQueen..but too many people started using that and I hate having numbers after it. Also most people in chat rooms kept calling me DQ for short (made sense) then new people thought it stood for Dairy Queen (a chain store for ice cream and burgers and other basic fast foods up here in Canada, not sure if the US has them). So, I decided to just switch to dqsunday. Which was nicely unique. That and I am a sweet person ;) At least when I am not being 'nutty'
LOL!LOL!LOL!LOL!LOL!LOL!
All this time i thought your name meant Dairy Queen Sunday lol. Oh I am such a fool for thinking it. Everytime you posted i would get hungry

dqsunday
05-18-2012, 09:10 PM
Asalamu Alaikum
dqsunday, there are Dairy Queens here, but I have to tell you, that they have commercials that advertise D Q Sundaes.
Yes, I do realize the spelling of the dessert is sundaes LOL but I never ever claimed to have good spelling. I just became so used to using dqsunday with the incorrect spelling I kept it that way. That and I hate English, far as I am concerned it is NOT a phonetic language, I don't care what 'Hooked on Phonics' claims. Which always reminds me of a story my dad told me, I can't remember if it was a story his student told him, a coworker or happened in his class (he use to teach high school):

The teacher had asked his students how to spell canoe and out of all the students who raised their hands, the one he picked was asked to write it on the board. The student wasn't the brightest student so carefully enunciated the word as he was taught, while he wrote it on the board. Stepping back, everybody could see he spelled canoe just the way it sounds... KNEW.

Now you know why I am not a big fan of how English works LOL

Hulk
05-18-2012, 09:35 PM
just tell me the meaning of "Marwen"
I am curious too, at first I thought it was named after a character from Lord Of The Rings like Eowyn or Arwen but it is a brother and those are female characters so I don't think this is the case.

Scimitar
05-18-2012, 10:01 PM
I allow you to choose a name of your choice for yourself just tell me the meaning of "Marwen" :statisfie
war men (maybe 300)

new ram (16 gigs worth)

marwen - makes no sense to me ;D

marwen
05-18-2012, 10:40 PM
Marwen is an old arabic name for men. I'm not sure of its exact meaning, but from what I readn it's related/derived from the arabic word Marw, which mainly refers to 2 things:
1) a type of stones, from the family of Quartz, used to make fire, when you hit 2 stones with eachother, they make a spark.
2) a type of plant, with good smell, grows in desert and arid regions.
other definitions (in Lisanu-l-Arab dictionary) say it's a name of a mountain(Marwen), or a town(Marw) in old Persia.

marwen
05-18-2012, 10:55 PM
I thought it was named after a character from Lord Of The Rings like Eowyn or Arwen but it is a brother and those are female characters so I don't think this is the case.

Hulk
05-19-2012, 04:05 AM
GANDALF!!;D

Wow that is an interesting definition of Marwen, I wonder if Tolkien named his characters based on it.:statisfie

Is it your real name? or?? No wait this must be kept secret don't tell!

'Abd Al-Maajid
05-19-2012, 05:52 AM
My name is Abdul Majid, so I've set my username accordingly.

'Abd Al-Maajid
05-19-2012, 05:59 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by WRITER
i wonder if my previous name (muhaba) was better than this one. it really seems uninteresting. i'm good at passwords but not names.
how do you choose passwords? I have more than 30 important accounts and it gets very confusing to set differnet passwords and remember them. :hmm:

~ Sabr ~
05-19-2012, 07:05 AM
^ A loved one's name, along with a 3-4 digit number you can remember.

diarfitri88
05-19-2012, 07:35 AM
Am I the only one that uses their real name for the username? hahaha

rabiakhalid
05-19-2012, 07:48 AM
Real name is better then fake else what ever it is ^o)

Hulk
05-19-2012, 10:37 AM
;D
I used to wish I had a western name like Tommy (after green power ranger) when i was 7 yrs old, now I'm glad I have the name I have.

Insaanah
05-19-2012, 10:54 AM

العل The Highest Al-Ali

I think there's been a misunderstanding. Brother Marwen wasn't responding to your post, but that of Samiun's. Here's his post again where he quotes Samiun:

http://www.islamicboard.com/general/...ml#post1516694

As far as I know, he didn't make any comment on your name.

These two posts will clear up the matter inshaa'Allah:

http://www.islamicboard.com/general/...ml#post1516720
http://www.islamicboard.com/general/...ml#post1516722

Also, Allah's name The Most High, has a ya on the end, like this: الْعَلِيُّ

Most likely it got left behind when copying and pasting.

إحسان
05-19-2012, 10:55 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by diarfitri88
Am I the only one that uses their real name for the username? hahaha
You're not the only one! My name is Dua'a and so is my username.

I knew what Scimitar was when I went to Turkey in February, it was in a museum in Istanbul used during the Ottoman Empire! XD I was so surprised when I saw it and remembered someone from this forum had the same username! It was a gorgeous sword though

marwen
05-19-2012, 01:09 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Insaanah

I think there's been a misunderstanding. Brother Marwen wasn't responding to your post, but that of Samiun's. Here's his post again where he quotes Samiun:

http://www.islamicboard.com/general/...ml#post1516694

As far as I know, he didn't make any comment on your name.

These two posts will clear up the matter inshaa'Allah:

http://www.islamicboard.com/general/...ml#post1516720
http://www.islamicboard.com/general/...ml#post1516722

Also, Allah's name The Most High, has a ya on the end, like this: الْعَلِيُّ
Jazaki Allah Khayr sister Insanah.

العل The Highest Al-Ali

And as we know Hazrat Ali (May Allah be pleased with him) was the name of our Nabi's (Peace be upon him) son in law and companion.
There really is nothing wrong with my username.
Thank you for your explanation brother Vision. But I think no one said something wrong about your name, If I remember well. Anyway, please forgive me if I somehow offended you.

Scimitar
05-19-2012, 01:14 PM
Anyway, please forgive me if I somehow offended you.
Forgvie me too bro marwen, for attempting to dissect your username in an earlier post. Was just a bit of fun, I didnt intend to offend.

Scimi

IslamicRevival
05-19-2012, 01:38 PM
Jazaki Allah Khayr sister Insanah.

Thank you for your explanation brother Vision. But I think no one said something wrong about your name, If I remember well. Anyway, please forgive me if I somehow offended you.
My mistake, i thought you were referring to my post but after looking back and re reading you obviously werent. Brain fade on my part, apologies brother Marwen.

marwen
05-19-2012, 03:09 PM
Forgvie me too bro marwen, for attempting to dissect your username in an earlier post. Was just a bit of fun, I didnt intend to offend. Scimi
My mistake, i thought you were referring to my post but after looking back and re reading you obviously werent. Brain fade on my part, apologies brother Marwen.
No need to appology brothers. Believe me, I never felt offended in this forum with all my brothers and sisters in Islam here, I don't deny the possibility that I could have been misunderstood sometimes, but I'm always open to corrections and to jokes too :p. (Ask Abdul Maajid if you don't believe me :I )

Scimitar
05-19-2012, 03:44 PM
Gosh, we're a bunch of softies :D (that's a good thing, masha-Allah)

Hulk
05-19-2012, 04:04 PM
It's always better to make a mistake in apologising than a mistake in not apologising. :statisfie

Haya emaan
05-19-2012, 04:17 PM
assalam o alaikum

its interesting to know reasons from people for choosing their usernames..

never bothered to notice what some of them means like 'sister harb'..

and didnt knew what 'scimitar' was.. i thought it was some kind of machine most probably some thing like space ship..:p lol.. but that pic has a wonderful scimitar.. i want one like that:D

interesting meanings of the name 'marwen' too

my name 'haya emaan', both arabic names.. 'haya' meaning modest and 'emaan' meaning faith
i love both the names and so chose it as my cyber identity..:statisfie

format_quote Originally Posted by rabiakhalid
Real name is better then fake else what ever it is ^o)
sister these are not fake names but just an identity marks where it is not necessary or one choose not to reveal the real identity

FREAK-A-ZOID
05-19-2012, 04:26 PM
It's always better to make a mistake in apologising than a mistake in not apologising. :statisfie
^o)

I like my name, it's evil like me

Endymion
05-19-2012, 04:27 PM
Nah,tweety suits you the best :D

~Zaria~
05-19-2012, 04:29 PM
@ Sis Endymion,

I cant access page 2 of this thread now......but Ive had a look at the poem......3 books of almost 3000 lines! 0_0 Wow!!
Im going to take your word on it being very good : )

MashAllah ukthi.

Muezzin
05-19-2012, 04:29 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by hulk
so i have this tiny little problem.. I'm not very good when it comes to coming up with usernames/nicknames.

I see a lot of the members here have very interesting usernames and i was wondering if you don't mind maybe you can share how you came up with it, perhaps there could be a meaning behind it?

My username is hulk because i can't think of any other username for myself and i just thought it would be funny to imagine hulk using a computer to go on forums and all.
Hulk smash puny Google!

Hulk
05-19-2012, 04:36 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muezzin
Hulk smash puny Google!
:ooh: it's the BAT-MOD..
Good luck with Mr Bane, I think he will give you a nice back massage. :skeleton:

Endymion
05-19-2012, 04:43 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ~Zaria~
@ Sis Endymion,

I cant access page 2 of this thread now......but Ive had a look at the poem......3 books of almost 3000 lines! 0_0 Wow!!
Im going to take your word on it being very good : )

MashAllah ukthi.
Its on page 3 :statisfie And ys,it'll take time to read the whole but if you just read these opening lines from the first book,you'll get what im talking about.

A thing of beauty is a joy for ever:
Its loveliness increases; it will never
Pass into nothingness; but still will keep
A bower quiet for us, and a sleep
Full of sweet dreams, and health, and quiet breathing.
Therefore, on every morrow, are we wreathing
A flowery band to bind us to the earth,
Spite of despondence, of the inhuman dearth
Of noble natures, of the gloomy days,
Of all the unhealthy and o'er-darkened ways 10
Made for our searching: yes, in spite of all,
Some shape of beauty moves away the pall
From our dark spirits. Such the sun, the moon,
Trees old and young, sprouting a shady boon
For simple sheep; and such are daffodils
With the green world they live in; and clear rills
That for themselves a cooling covert make
'Gainst the hot season; the mid forest brake,
Rich with a sprinkling of fair musk-rose blooms:
And such too is the grandeur of the dooms 20
We have imagined for the mighty dead;
All lovely tales that we have heard or read:
An endless fountain of immortal drink,
Pouring unto us from the heaven's brink.

Hulk
05-19-2012, 05:20 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Haya emaan
my name 'haya emaan', both arabic names.. 'haya' meaning modest and 'emaan' meaning faith
i love both the names and so chose it as my cyber identity..
MashaAllah Haya Emaan, beautiful :statisfie

FREAK-A-ZOID
05-19-2012, 08:54 PM
Nah,tweety suits you the best :D
Nah,tweety suits you the best
Oki magellanic superstar :wub: xx

Tango
05-20-2012, 04:04 AM
Tango is the NATO phonetic designation for the letter "T" and the title of my job includes "T", pronounced phonetically as "tango".

Couldn't really think of anything else.

--------

'Abd Al-Maajid
05-20-2012, 05:47 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Tango
Tango is the NATO phonetic designation for the letter "T" and the title of my job includes "T", pronounced phonetically as "tango".

Couldn't really think of anything else.
Tango - Tango Alpha November Golf Oscar

~ Sabr ~
05-20-2012, 08:05 AM
Lol, some amazing explanations!

Hulk
05-20-2012, 11:13 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Haafizah
Lol, some amazing explanations!
Yes! They're all very interesting but​ there's too many to comment on!

Who Am I?
05-21-2012, 05:28 PM
I haven't been here in a while, so I am multi-quoting in one huge post. Enjoy... (or don't. I don't care. :p)

Your username says Hulk, rather funny.
My username Shadows and dust its a quote from the Greek poet Quintus Horatius Flaccus .
He coined the term "We are all but shadows and dust" referring to the short time of humanity and our accomplishments. Its a very negative and cynical name which fits my personality :p. But it has a deep meaning and i thought of it without even remembering his name, i am very in tune with ancient Greek culture and philosophy that it pours out of me.
We come we work and we leave, its the life of humans pure and simple. Our lives leave as quick as they come and we are but "shadow and dust". :statisfie
So what you're saying is... that all we are is Dust in the Wind... :shade:

No... you just don't wanna change it coz your avatar absolutely rocks (can I blame ya? naaah) :)
Oh yeah... a little birdie gifted me the avatar... :p

Asalamu Alaikum
The first job I ever had when I was 16 was at a Dairy Queen. Let's just say that I have only eaten there a handful of times since I quit in 1992... :hmm:

Flame of Hope
05-21-2012, 07:28 PM

The name of Flame seemed appropriate for the kind of person I am. I am rather fiery with a fierce temper. Hehehehe. But that was my initial name when I first joined IB. Later on, I chose the name of Riham, which means light rain in Arabic. That was because I wanted to disappear and not seem too fiery. :p

But I changed my name again. Because the fire wouldn't go out. ;D

I chose Flame of Hope because hope in the mercy of Allah is what keeps me going.

~ Sabr ~
05-21-2012, 07:47 PM
Nice one sister.

Scimitar
05-21-2012, 08:10 PM
Yes! They're all very interesting but​ there's too many to comment on!
Comment on this:

made just for you bro :) You Gusta? (sorry, my spanish is rubbish, I hope you are "pleased" with the effort)

Scimi

Al-Zaara
05-21-2012, 08:17 PM
Because I'm a big fan of Fatima (radiAllahu anha) and one of her nicknames is Al-Zaara (Az-Zaara) "The Illuminated/Radiant One", plus it goes well with my real name which bears the meaning "halo, circle of light". :)

Scimitar
05-21-2012, 08:24 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by 'Abd Al-Maajid

Tango - Tango Alpha November Golf Oscar
(looks over shoulder... breathes a sigh of relief, walks on) "phew" :D

'Abd Al-Maajid
05-21-2012, 08:38 PM
(looks over shoulder... breathes a sigh of relief, walks on) "phew" :D
We had been taught to use the NATO phonetics while giving our NTID on a call.

sister herb
05-21-2012, 09:11 PM
---------------------------------

Hulk
05-21-2012, 09:59 PM
Man that's awesome! So awesome that I thought I was gonna get punched in the face!;D I love the "pop out" effect you made that is very creative! I really like it and I have made it into my avatar if you don't mind! :statisfie anyone who sees my avatar is gonna think they're about to get punched in the face;D

BadOlPuttyTat
05-21-2012, 10:02 PM
Man that's awesome! So awesome that I thought I was gonna get punched in the face!;D I love the "pop out" effect you made that is very creative! I really like it and I have made it into my avatar if you don't mind! :statisfie anyone who sees my avatar is gonna think they're about to get punched in the face;D
*ducks*. ^o) Hey man why you punching at me? That aint cool bro! I dont take well to being punched, You wont like me when I'm mad :raging:

Hulk
05-21-2012, 10:14 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by sister harb
---------------------------------
Why the lines sis?

*ducks*. Hey man why you punching at me? That aint cool bro! I dont take well to being punched, You wont like me when I'm mad
Nice sig ;)
Sorry I didn't mean to punch you it was meant for your strange looking giraffe! I'm not gonna mess with a guy with an 8 inch hunting knife!

BadOlPuttyTat
05-21-2012, 10:30 PM
Why the lines sis?

Nice sig ;)
Sorry I didn't mean to punch you it was meant for your strange looking giraffe! I'm not gonna mess with a guy with an 8 inch hunting knife!
Its a tactical combat knife to be exact but hey. Hunting man or deer, same thing because they both run lol.

Life_Is_Short
05-22-2012, 12:00 AM
<--- says it all.:statisfie

BadOlPuttyTat
05-22-2012, 01:11 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Life_Is_Short
<--- says it all.:statisfie

Awwww how cute :statisfie . But why are you cold?

Scimitar
05-22-2012, 01:23 AM
:coolious: Looks SO cool bro, the avatar is popping out of the screen :) I'm very pleased you are using it. Looks kinda 3D :)

Scimi

Darth Ultor
05-22-2012, 01:25 AM
This was my Sith name in a rolepaly. Darth is obviously a title of Sith Lords. Ultor is Latin for Avenger.

BadOlPuttyTat
05-22-2012, 02:21 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Darth Ultor
This was my Sith name in a rolepaly. Darth is obviously a title of Sith Lords. Ultor is Latin for Avenger.
My name is Darth Shadow, "FIGHT ME!". Not yet though because my lightsaber needs new batteries :p .

Darth Ultor
05-22-2012, 02:35 AM
Never buy lightsabers from Walmart.

Scimitar
05-22-2012, 03:05 AM
Never buy lightsabers from Walmart.
this is exactly why I kept bugging a mod for a facepalm smiley. Moments like this. :D

Scimi

dysphoricrocker
05-22-2012, 07:42 AM
Salaam.

dysphoric - means to be in a state of distress, uneasiness (that was how i was when i was much younger)

rocker - i used to listen to alot of music at that time to make myself feel better from the above feeling

and hence the name (:

Imaduddin
05-22-2012, 02:25 PM
Abd Al Islam - I want to serve Allah and his deen as well as the Ummah. I want to be a beneficial person from whom others can benefit. So I thought Abd Al Islam is good for that.

glo
05-22-2012, 03:01 PM
My user name reflects a number of things.

Firstly, it is short for Gloria, meaning 'Glory (to God)'

Secondly, it reminds me of this Bible verse: "You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house."

Who Am I?
05-22-2012, 03:13 PM
Comment on this:

made just for you bro :) You Gusta? (sorry, my spanish is rubbish, I hope you are "pleased" with the effort)

Scimi
"Te gusta"

Yep, I know enough Spanish to be dangerous.. :shade:

Also, I have a lightsaber myself. In fact, I used it as a flashlight the night of the tornado because both of mine were lost in that storm. I'm sure people were wondering what was going on when they saw me wandering around the streets wielding my green lightsaber... :hmm:

glo
05-22-2012, 03:23 PM
So I have this tiny little problem.. I'm not very good when it comes to coming up with usernames/nicknames.

I see a lot of the members here have very interesting usernames and I was wondering if you don't mind maybe you can share how you came up with it, perhaps there could be a meaning behind it?

My username is Hulk because I can't think of any other username for myself and I just thought it would be funny to imagine Hulk using a computer to go on forums and all.
And I thought that green fist on your avatar was Shrek! ;D

Attachment 4822

Said_Soussi
05-22-2012, 03:28 PM
Sallaam aleykoum dear brothers and sisters.

Well Said is my given name and Soussi refers to the Soussis [Chleuh-Berbers] from Morocco, what i am.

Naeema
05-22-2012, 03:38 PM
This has been such an interesting read!

In the States, it used to be common for women to be given a name of a virtue such as Faith, Hope, Charity, or Grace. Since grace and an easier heart is what I seek, but I wanted to distinguish it from the Christian concept of grace, I picked Naeema.

glo
05-22-2012, 03:45 PM
^ What does Naeema mean, Naeema? :)
And how is your understanding of grace different from the Christian one?

Hulk
05-22-2012, 04:09 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by glo
And I thought that green fist on your avatar was Shrek!
I would love to have a donkey for a friend! Maybe not best friend but just a friend will do.;D

format_quote Originally Posted by Said_Soussi
Said is my given name and Soussi refers to the Soussis
You have a nice name bro, I knew a Said but he was so naughty(but friendly) hopefully you are not so naughty :P

format_quote Originally Posted by Naeema
In the States, it used to be common for women to be given a name of a virtue such as Faith, Hope, Charity, or Grace. Since grace and an easier heart is what I seek, but I wanted to distinguish it from the Christian concept of grace, I picked Naeema.
Very nice name :)

Scimitar
05-22-2012, 04:11 PM
have you tried looking at your avatar with 3D specs on ???? :D Not sure if it'll make a difference. But I'm curious :D

Scimi

Hulk
05-22-2012, 04:30 PM
;D I think it has to be in "double vision" in order to work in 3D! If it were it would definitely be a very interesting effect, I once found an old pair of cardboard 3D glasses I used many years ago to watch "Spy Kids 3D" and I tried it on some YouTube videos which featured the 3D function and if I remember correctly it used a similar "out of border" concept and it was very cool. The glasses are once again lost in the abyss that is my room:skeleton:.

Periwinkle18
05-22-2012, 04:42 PM
at first my user name was my real name buh then someone told me to change it n i hav periwinkle plants n i like the flowers so i just changed it to periwinkle :) sumtimes i think i should change it to nemo my nickname buh nah i think periwinkles fine :)

Endymion
05-22-2012, 05:27 PM
Comment on this:

Scimi
Man O man why am i so wise :hmm: I looked at this avatar in some other thread and the first thing i had in my mind was "Scimi Productions".

That is just superb :thumbs_up :bravo:

I wish i could have such a big punch in real :-\

Naeema
05-22-2012, 07:06 PM
^ What does Naeema mean, Naeema? :)
And how is your understanding of grace different from the Christian one?
Naeema generally means ease or comfort, in a manner I believe to be similar to divine grace.

Since I'm new here and have only a child-like understanding of Islam, I'm going to skip trying to explain grace in Islam. I'm not ready to articulate comparative theology yet.

Scimitar
05-22-2012, 07:07 PM
Ah thanks sis Endymion:)

Made these for sister Qurratul Ayn...

Attachment 4824Attachment 4825

took all of 5 mins :D

Scimi

Qurratul Ayn
05-22-2012, 07:30 PM

Made these for sister Qurratul Ayn...

took all of 5 mins

Scimi
WOW!

:haha: they're fantastic!!!

But a little scary...

Jazak'Allaah Khair :thankyou:

Qurratul Ayn
05-22-2012, 07:30 PM
The pictures didn't even come up in my post.

Oh dear.

Hulk
05-22-2012, 07:42 PM
I can't see it is it just me??

Endymion
05-22-2012, 07:50 PM
Yikess that apple is staring at me :scared:

Scimitar
05-22-2012, 08:00 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Qurratul Ayn
The pictures didn't even come up.

Oh dear.
Here you go, direct link:

http://oi46.tinypic.com/xc3m1f.jpg

Scimi

Qurratul Ayn
05-22-2012, 08:00 PM
I can't see it is it just me??
Yes, check Brother Scimitar's post.

Qurratul Ayn
05-22-2012, 08:02 PM
Here you go, direct link:

http://oi46.tinypic.com/xc3m1f.jpg

Scimi
I meant when I quoted it! Lol

Jazak'Allaah Khair for the link though

Truly superb pictures!

sister herb
05-23-2012, 07:20 PM
I think kind of threads in any forum are very important. When people get to know each others they understand others better and tolerant differences too.

Less fighting, less misunderstandings.

:statisfie

Thats why I rated this excellent.

Said_Soussi
05-23-2012, 08:00 PM
My first name is Said and i am a Moroccan (Souss/Chleuh-Berber).

marwen
05-23-2012, 08:02 PM
^ salam bro. Does Souss mean Moroccan or Berber ?

Hulk
05-23-2012, 08:06 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by sister harb
I think kind of threads in any forum are very important. When people get to know each others they understand others better and tolerant differences too.

Less fighting, less misunderstandings.
MashaAllah :)

For me, it is a reminder that behind the username we are interacting with there is an actual human being!

sister herb
05-23-2012, 08:26 PM
MashaAllah :)

For me, it is a reminder that behind the username we are interacting with there is an actual human being!
Just this I meant. Behind of nickname is other human who has some reasons for his opinions. We shouldn´t judge him/her too fast.

Ali_008
05-23-2012, 08:35 PM
My name is Ali. I was born on the 8th day of November. And I wanted to mess with James Bond. :coolious:

Hulk
05-23-2012, 09:11 PM
That is very cool Mr Ali, or should I say Ali Bond? ;D

Said_Soussi
05-23-2012, 09:17 PM
^ salam bro. Does Souss mean Moroccan or Berber ?
Aleykoum sallaam brother.
No Souss is a Berber region in the South of Morocco (under Marrakech and it includes the city of Agadir besides many others).
My family comes from that region.

Hulk
05-23-2012, 09:25 PM
Sounds very interesting.. I guess you are very fond of the place as you have it in your username. It must be a very beautiful place :)

Said_Soussi
05-24-2012, 10:57 AM
Sounds very interesting.. I guess you are very fond of the place as you have it in your username. It must be a very beautiful place :)
:sl:Thank you brother,yes i am and yeah it really is beautiful (mountain village).:thumbs_up

greenhill
06-16-2013, 05:17 PM
It's the residential area I live. Kuala Lumpur is in a valley surrounded by hills, I live on the a hill overlooking KL and Twin Towers and the hills/mountain range in the background surrounding the city. Being a tropical country, it is obviously very green.... :shade:

crimsontide06
06-16-2013, 05:32 PM
Mine is boring compared to what many others have...mine is named after Alabama's college football team

Periwinkle18
06-16-2013, 05:34 PM
^really

I'm guessing u were in that team.

crimsontide06
06-16-2013, 05:57 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Periwinkle18
I'm guessing u were in that team.
I never played football, just a fan.

ardianto
06-17-2013, 02:40 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by greenhill
It's the residential area I live. Kuala Lumpur is in a valley surrounded by hills, I live on the a hill overlooking KL and Twin Towers and the hills/mountain range in the background surrounding the city. Being a tropical country, it is obviously very green.... :shade:
Kuala Lumpur? I thought you are living in Bukit Hijau, Kedah, because your username is greenhill.

Bukit = Hill
Hijau = Green
Bukit Hijau = Green Hill

ardianto
06-17-2013, 03:22 PM
Uncle Ardianto

Bandung city, mid of 80's. A state highschool had a rule, every student who came late to the school must brought a letter that signed by parent or older relative that explained why he/she came late. But the school made a mistake, they were never checking that the letter was really signed by parent or not. It gave a chance for few naughty students. They wrote letter by themselves and imitate the parent signature.

But there was a naughty boy who was thinking further. He realized if he wrote the letter by himself and signed it with his father name, it same as he slandered his parent. He knew that slandering parent is a big sin. So he took a better alternative.

He created the imaginary uncle who could write and sign the letter. Since he is Javanese, he chose a Javanese name: Ardianto

Then, every time he came late to the school, he always brought a letter that signed by uncle Ardianto. This letter that always saved him from punishment. He also saved from a big sin, slandering the parent, and did only one sin, .... deceived the teachers.

:D

greenhill
06-17-2013, 03:29 PM
Funny that Ardianto!

I am from Kedah. Only, I have lived in KL since I was a kid. Still go back to 'hometown' for Eid and other festivities. Not sure if the next generation will be, though... imsad

I trace my family roots back to 9th century, there. They were Hindus and converted (or reverted as they say here) in the 10th century to islam.

But actually, now I am not in KL. Too hectic there. I've moved to the outskirts... out of the valley into the hills..

Salaam

Hulk
06-17-2013, 05:25 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by crimsontide06
mine is named after Alabama's college football team
Do you mean handegg team? Just kidding ;D

thank u for sharing the story behind your usernames. very interesting

Periwinkle18
06-17-2013, 05:52 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ardianto
Uncle Ardianto

Bandung city, mid of 80's. A state highschool had a rule, every student who came late to the school must brought a letter that signed by parent or older relative that explained why he/she came late. But the school made a mistake, they were never checking that the letter was really signed by parent or not. It gave a chance for few naughty students. They wrote letter by themselves and imitate the parent signature.

But there was a naughty boy who was thinking further. He realized if he wrote the letter by himself and signed it with his father name, it same as he slandered his parent. He knew that slandering parent is a big sin. So he took a better alternative.

He created the imaginary uncle who could write and sign the letter. Since he is Javanese, he chose a Javanese name: Ardianto

Then, every time he came late to the school, he always brought a letter that signed by uncle Ardianto. This letter that always saved him from punishment. He also saved from a big sin, slandering the parent, and did only one sin, .... deceived the teachers.

:D
Haha smart kid.

Signor
06-17-2013, 05:55 PM
I started with nick InsaneIcon - which was a wrestler's gimmick,later I fed up with this nick because everybody keeps on calling me bro Insane bro insane

The next was a transition and it was SaneFellow,yes a transition from Insanity to Sanity..this was taken in the same way too Now people started calling me bro Sane or "are you sane enough?"

Current was Signor taken from a story in which all the characters were Italian and in Italian language it means "Mister"

greenhill
06-17-2013, 06:32 PM
Somehow Signor, it reminds me of a story of a convert/revert who chose a local name Khairuddin because it carried his name Khai. In the end people called him Din. He hated it!

sister herb
06-17-2013, 08:53 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by sister herb
Because I am in war for freedom of Palestine and for human rights.

(harb = war)
Salam alaykum

I am still freedom fighter for human rights but changed my username as sister herb. Simple explanation: I grow a lot of herbs in my garden, so maybe sister herb is now better to me.

If I would change my name at the winter, I might be now as sister snowball.

ardianto
06-18-2013, 12:50 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Periwinkle18
at first my user name was my real name buh then someone told me to change it n i hav periwinkle plants n i like the flowers so i just changed it to periwinkle :) sumtimes i think i should change it to nemo my nickname buh nah i think periwinkles fine :)
Then, what is "18" means? :)

Ali Mujahidin
06-18-2013, 03:16 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by greenhill
It's the residential area I live. Kuala Lumpur is in a valley surrounded by hills, I live on the a hill overlooking KL and Twin Towers and the hills/mountain range in the background surrounding the city. Being a tropical country, it is obviously very green....
Really? Then I don't live that far away from you. I think. I really am lost in the concrete jungle of KL. I am on the Puchong Road but the signboard on the nearest mosque says I am in Petaling. That's really confusing. Are you sure those hills you talked about are really green? I am on the 14th floor and the grass I can see looked rather brown. Must be something to do with the heat.

Back on topic.

My original username on this forum was ThisOldMan. That's exactly what I am. Just an old man. Old. Alone. Quirky. Cranky. The typical old geezer who had seen better days. Then when the opportunity came up, I changed it. Couldn't think of anything on the spur of that moment and ended up with Ali Mujahidin. Now waiting for the next opportunity to make my username even worse than it is now.

ardianto
06-18-2013, 03:46 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ali Mujahidin
Now waiting for the next opportunity to make my username even worse than it is now.
Wait, you think Ali is a bad name?. I notice that your avatar is Zulfikar sword, it explains where the name Ali come from.

glo
06-18-2013, 06:04 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Signor
The next was a transition and it was SaneFellow,yes a transition from Insanity to Sanity..this was taken in the same way too Now people started calling me bro Sane or "are you sane enough?"
I didn't even know that you were SaneFellow.
What is it with people changing their names all the time. So confusing ... ^o)

Me, I will continue to glo(w). No change required. :p

UmmuShaheed
06-18-2013, 07:19 AM
I like the responses so far:) interesting thread and stories mashallah
Jazakallahu khayr akhi hulk

My username doesn't have much of a story behind it. In'sha'allah I want to name one of sons shaheed.

May Allah grant us what is good for us.

Signor
06-18-2013, 03:10 PM
What is it with people changing their names all the time. So confusing ...
Sorry for inconvenience,I like to walk around under a hoodie

At the end of the day,they are only usernames what matters is change in attitude and character

Regards

ardianto
06-18-2013, 03:31 PM

I know Signor was SaneFellow after I traced his threads.

When a member change username, his/her username in every post will be changed, but not in quoted post. It gave me clue who was he/she. I have traced few other members who change their usernames through this way too.

Signor
06-18-2013, 03:35 PM

When a member change username, his/her username in every post will be changed, but not in quoted post. It gave me clue who was he/she. I have traced few other members who change their usernames through this way too.
Not everyone is Smart like you Br Ardianto from Day 1 :)(no offense to glo)

ardianto
06-18-2013, 03:42 PM
I knew that accidentally when I read few old threads. I found different name between original post and quoted post.

Ali Mujahidin
06-18-2013, 03:55 PM
Wait, you think Ali is a bad name?. I notice that your avatar is Zulfikar sword, it explains where the name Ali come from.
No, no, Ali is a great name. If I understand my Arabic correctly, it means high. And it's the name of one of the greatest Companions of the Holy Prophet. What I meant was calling myself Ali Mujahidin. I am an old man pretending to be young again. For me, jihad has to take less strenuous forms. My swashbuckling days are way behind me.

Psst, don't tell anyone this but Ali is actually my real name. Remember this is a secret just between you and me.

ardianto
06-18-2013, 04:36 PM
Psst, don't tell anyone this but Ali is actually my real name. Remember this is a secret just between you and me.
Don't worry, no one know that your real name is Ali. I have asked everyone here "Do you know that Ali is the real name of br Ali Mujahidin?", and everyone answer "No! I don't know".

glo
06-18-2013, 05:28 PM

You are a bit of a detective, really, aren't you? Perhaps you should change your name to Sherlock or Poirot. :D

Bah! :p

introspective
06-20-2013, 07:25 PM
Allah stresses to mankind of the importance of self-reflection. Need to say anymore?

Periwinkle18
06-21-2013, 11:11 AM

Haha same hea I'm the cute lil periwinkle flower since 2006 :)

ardianto
06-21-2013, 04:12 PM
You are a bit of a detective, really, aren't you? Perhaps you should change your name to Sherlock or Poirot. :D
In early year in elementary school I always answered "Detective!" when someone asked me about my future goal.

In secondary school I worked as 'amateur investigator'. My clients were the mothers, my duties were search their sons who ran from homes. Always succeed! although I got protest from some boys. By the way, there was unique duty. A boy ran from home rode his daddy car. His mother ordered me search the car, but not the boy. Succeed again. I found the car when driven by that boy. So, I took the car and left the boy on the street.

In high school. I was scolded by a university student after I told her I knew where she lived and where she previously lived. Plus few information about her. She surprised and asked me how could I knew?. So I told her what I had done in investigation, including when I hid in car and watched her through binoculars. She was very angry. Yeah, I was a naughty boy in that time.

When I studied in a university in Yogya, my ex-classmate who then became my wife told me that one of her admirer studied in Yogya city too. She gave me that guy name, university where he studied, and his address in Bandung. back to Yogya I did an investigation. When I back to bandung I told my ex-classmate I knew that guy faculty and where he lived in Yogya. My ex-classmate surprised and asked me how could I knew, and for what purpose I did the investigation. Frankly. I just wanted to surprise her.

These are my experiences in playing detective game. :D

By the way, I like Ardianto because this name reflect myself.

Beardo
06-21-2013, 05:56 PM
You guys all have such interesting backstories, masha-Allah.

My name is simple. I'm a weirdo so I call myself Beardo to stand out from all the other weirdos in the world.

GodIsAll
06-22-2013, 05:50 AM
GodIsAll

All knowing
Omnipotent
Omnipresent
All merciful
All powerful
He fuels the energy it takes for electrons to spin about a nucleus
He designed gravity
He bonds atoms to carbons 4 valence electrons so life can exist

And pleasing Him and doing his will should be ALL we concern ourselves with.

Peace

greenhill
06-22-2013, 06:36 AM
Really? Then I don't live that far away from you. I think. I really am lost in the concrete jungle of KL. I am on the Puchong Road but the signboard on the nearest mosque says I am in Petaling. That's really confusing. Are you sure those hills you talked about are really green? I am on the 14th floor and the grass I can see looked rather brown. Must be something to do with the heat
Yes, the hills are really green! :D (except those affected by landslides (caused by the torrential rain sometimes)

Malaysia is famous for its sign boarding. Puchong would be in the larger Petaling district. Guess in a few weeks the trees will still be green bit the grass may turn brown as the dry spell continues. Now it is seriously bad with the haze. I cannot see the KL skyline anymore. The yearly open burning in Indonesia carries the smoke and ashes across the straits that covers West and East Malaysia.. I woke up this morning with the smell of smoke in the air... +o(

GodIsAll
06-22-2013, 08:59 PM
Prayers for rain in Malaysia.

I would gladly send some of ours to you! Flash flooding here today. I am not going out, but I would bet I couldn't drive far as all the streams are coming up over the roads.

'Abd-al Latif
06-22-2013, 09:03 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by GodIsAll
GodIsAll

All knowing
Omnipotent
Omnipresent
All merciful
All powerful
He fuels the energy it takes for electrons to spin about a nucleus
He designed gravity
He bonds atoms to carbons 4 valence electrons so life can exist

And pleasing Him and doing his will should be ALL we concern ourselves with.

Peace
Does the study of biology and chemistry give you a greater understanding of the creator?

GodIsAll
06-22-2013, 09:17 PM
Without question it reaffirms my faith in a Creator. Many believe science tries to debunk this, but I disagree.
I think Mustafa (very well versed in botany) would agree with me.

Science, to me, is a study of trying to understand some of Allah's procedures and methods of creation and design.

Max Planck, the Pioneer of quantum physics, felt the same way, and he's much brighter than I am! Einstein was quoted once as saying his life's goal was to find God at His work.

introspective
01-09-2014, 11:37 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by 'Abd-al Latif
Does the study of biology and chemistry give you a greater understanding of the creator?
There are many unanswered questions in both the life and physical sciences. Some phenomena can't be explained or understood. This leads to a conclusion that there is a greater force behind a phenomenon that can't be discerned.

To go on a tangent, why are U.S. and India investing so much into their respective space programs when the oceans have not been fully explored? Isn't materials science great when over a third of a nation's tax payers can't afford to pay for advanced materials and effective health education is poorly propagated?

Mango
01-09-2014, 11:58 PM
I just like mangoes ;D and watermelons, but the name Watermelon was a bit too long :D

sister herb
01-10-2014, 06:40 AM
I need to answer again: sister herb because I like herbs. My favourite (at this time) is a chocolate mint. :p

p.s. I still fight for freedom of Palestine and for human rights.

Darth Ultor
01-11-2014, 09:49 PM
I misread it as harb all these years. As in the Arabic word for sword.

ardianto
01-11-2014, 11:33 PM
I misread it as harb all these years. As in the Arabic word for sword.
You did not misread. For many years her username was sister harb, with "a", before she changed it into sister herb, with "e" few months ago.

In Arabic "harb" means war, not sword. However, "harb" in sister herb old username name was her Finnish family name.

sister herb
01-12-2014, 06:33 AM
You did not misread. For many years her username was sister harb, with "a", before she changed it into sister herb, with "e" few months ago.

In Arabic "harb" means war, not sword. However, "harb" in sister herb old username name was her Finnish family name.
It is good to change sometimes, right? Harb who loves herbs... :p:

greenhill
01-12-2014, 06:44 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by GodIsAll
Prayers for rain in Malaysia.

I would gladly send some of ours to you! Flash flooding here today. I am not going out, but I would bet I couldn't drive far as all the streams are coming up over the roads.
I have not read this thread for a while, hence I missed this. . . Yes how great it would be for those out of season reprieves. We suffer torremtial rains and flash floods here too. And then we want a dry spell . . . oh we ungrateful creatures :embarrass

:peace:

BeTheChange
01-12-2014, 08:02 PM
striving for good - self-explanatory i suppose. Am trying my best to stay away from sins but i fail so i try again but then i fail once again - keep trying and failing and the vicious cycle goes on imsad

Consistency is what i strive for...

I really wish i could implement my intentions in my life. I have good intentions but i don't see them through in my actions...

May Allah swa help us all get to the stage where we are at least performing good deeds Ameen

Darth Ultor
01-12-2014, 08:33 PM
With me, it was my Sith name in a roleplay on another site. Darth is a title for Sith Lords in the Star Wars series and Ultor is Latin for avenger.

crimsontide06
01-12-2014, 10:03 PM
I don't remember if I ever posted to this thread but....college football team...real football :p

greenhill
01-13-2014, 03:37 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by strivingforgood
Consistency is what i strive for...
Not 'strivingforconsistency' then? :hiding:

format_quote Originally Posted by crimsontide06
college football team...real football
Is that where you run with an oblong object tucked in your arm or the one you play with a ball (that is round) and actually use the foot to play it? :D

:peace:

ardianto
01-13-2014, 05:37 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by sister herb
It is good to change sometimes, right? Harb who loves herbs... :p:
If you live in my culture you should make Red Porridge and White Porridge if you want to change your name.

:p

m.riz
01-14-2014, 04:11 AM
m.riz
any guess :nervous:

farside
01-14-2014, 10:54 PM
Farside => satire

Kind Regards,
Farside :)

Woodrow
01-15-2014, 10:02 PM
Woodrow is my actual Birth Name. I've used it as my user name on forums dating back to before I accepted Islam. The meaning of the name seems to coincide with my life style.

Woodrow is an old English word and used for several different things.

By the forest

In the forest

Protector of the Forest

The original title of a Game warden. Being a Game Warden seems appropriate for this zoo.:D

Chocolate
01-22-2014, 08:04 PM
WHY CHOCOLATE??????? simple because i love chocolates... i love anything that has chocolate from puddings, cakes to even icecreams anything will do. but it must be chocolate...yummm

Yenzin
07-05-2014, 01:27 AM
how did you choose your username ? My names yazan so made something random called yenzin :haha:

The-Deist
02-05-2015, 05:45 PM
:sl: wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh
I hope brothers and sisters you are all well in shaa Allah
I just wanted to ask all of you guys about why did you get your username (reasons behind it, something inspirational etc.)
Well mine is pretty obvious ;D
PS. If you want to tell about yourself than you can add it here
another PS. Trying to get to know the members better their stories and so we can in shaa Allah become a more understading and united ummah (nation)

strivingobserver98
02-05-2015, 10:45 PM
:wa:

Because it's my name :). My name means Happiness, Laughter, Joy and Delight.

The-Deist
02-05-2015, 11:00 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by فرحان
Because it's my name
MashaAllah TabarakaAllah I suppose that name is Arabic, aint it?

strivingobserver98
02-05-2015, 11:23 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by StrivingforDeen
MashaAllah TabarakaAllah I suppose that name is Arabic, aint it?
Yeah probably an Arabic name not sure though. I've seen mostly people in south asia with that name.

The-Deist
02-05-2015, 11:39 PM
Yeah probably an Arabic name not sure though.
It's an arabic name (I speak arabic but not really that fluently and also speak the one they speak in Algeria it's more of a modified version)

I've seen mostly people in south asia with that name.
They might have given it as maybe an Islamic name but the original word (if you use it as in a sentence) farhan means that you are happy. Like you could say are you farhan meaning are you happy (not using our arabic but if you want here it come) raak farhaan?

Iceee
02-06-2015, 04:17 AM
Salaam.

Here's a similar thread. http://www.islamicboard.com/general/...light=username

Inshallah mods do the right thing.

Abdullahh
02-06-2015, 05:55 AM
Mine is pretty obvious. Speaks for itself. :)

sister herb
02-06-2015, 09:59 AM
I answered to that older thread before:

http://www.islamicboard.com/general/...light=username

I still love herbs and grow them in my tiny herb garden (well, it expands every year as I want to try more and more new herbs and other veggies). Last summer I had about 30 different herbs there and at this year I hope to get some more...

The-Deist
02-06-2015, 11:45 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Iceee
Salaam.

Here's a similar thread. What's with your username?

Inshallah mods do the right thing.
But you do notice that if you read my whole post there are other things in there :D
JazakaAllahu khair

The-Deist
02-06-2015, 09:18 PM
Do you guys have any idea for a description ( the one that says Full member on my profile not the green one :D )?

strivingobserver98
02-07-2015, 12:56 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by StrivingforDeen
Do you guys have any idea for a description ( the one that says Full member on my profile not the green one :D )?
How about ImSoKeen? StrivingForDeen I'mSoKeen :p

Scimitar
02-07-2015, 03:37 AM
other definitions (in Lisanu-l-Arab dictionary) say it's a name of a mountain(Marwen), or a town(Marw) in old Persia.
Merv?

Said to be a city designed by Dhul Qarnayn,

Narrated by Buraydah:

I heard the Messenger of Allah say: “O Buraydah! There will be many armies after I pass away. You should join the army that goes towards Khurasan. Then you should stop at the city of ‘Merv’ for it was built by ‘Dhul-Qarnayn’ and he prayed for blessings in it and therefore no harm will affect the dwellers of that city.”

(Al-Tabarani, Al-Mu'jam Al-Awsat)

That would make you "Mervyn" :D

According to wiki, Mervyn a masculine name - and - surname... and a defunct American department store chain... did you know that?

However, I prefer the name Marwen, sounds better than Mervyn. :)

Scimi

The-Deist
02-07-2015, 07:01 AM
StrivingForDeen I'mSoKeen
tryied rapping about it "Yeah ImsoKeen and imma be striving for my deen, Yeah my goal is'nt to be mean but imma try to be clean"
That's it for now won't be making anymore lyrics ;D
Can you also give any other options :D
JazakaAllahu khair I might consider making my description like that :D

Scimitar
02-07-2015, 07:35 AM
no... don't :D

sounds too whack. and you aint no wannabe rap star foolio like coolio :D or some LL cool Joolio :D

Just keep it simple bro, who cares what it says under your name, it's what you say in posts that hold weight.

Scimi

The-Deist
02-07-2015, 08:23 AM
Just keep it simple bro, who cares what it says under your name, it's what you say in posts that hold weight.
I care :D, and that is true
And Allah knows best :D

Muhaba
02-15-2015, 09:17 PM
It's the first word that came to mind when I was signing up back in 2008.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!