/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Hi, I am sort of a revert to Islam

ShahBano
05-18-2012, 07:57 PM
Everyone

I am a 21 years old female and I think I am sort of a revert ( I know it's not a proper word here but I could not seem to find a proper one ).
I do not mean to say that I was a wild child or a brat, totally opposite in fact as I was raised in a Convent. It's just that I was not aware of Islamic philosophy and thought and now I am trying to learn about my religion, and trying to apply it to my daily life.

Anything you want to say or tell me, please do.

Thank you,

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
ummAbdillah
05-18-2012, 08:40 PM
How amazing is your story! May Allah continue to guide you and us all. Have a browse thrrough the new muslim section.
Your sister in Islaam,

Endymion
05-18-2012, 08:52 PM
:welcome: to Islam and to IB.Hope you'll have a wonderful stay here :statisfie

dqsunday
05-18-2012, 09:00 PM
Welcome to Islam Sister.

This site is a great resource for learning about Islam. I only converted to Islam in March and still have so much to learn. First thing I did was read the Qur'an (An excellent English translation, though eventually I do want to learn it in Arabic) Next I tracked down Musliims in my area and they are most supportive. I also do plenty of research online and watch many videos on youtube of various issues with Islam. I don't worry about the various 'branches' or sects of Islam, more interested in learning the core of the religion and way of life of the prophet (salallahu alayhi wa salam). As many have advised me, take your time, do not stress over all the things to learn, take it all one step at a time. I focused on the Qur'an (reading it cover to cover) and getting into the habit of praying. I am starting to learn the more common expressions in Arabic and Inshallah will pick up the others.

Definitely read over all the sticky posts in the Beginner's area too and the currently active threads, as many have great information. Also I always learn new stuff here and everybody is very patient and lack much of the pathetic bickering i encounter in other non Muslim related forums (though only other forum I go on regularly is about pets and their care etc. and for the most part its moderated to ensure no flame wars etc happen but it does at times get pretty heated but at least the language i clean)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Qurratul Ayn
05-18-2012, 09:21 PM
:salamext:

WELCOME TO ISLAM!!!

Insha'Allaah (God-willing), you shall find help, knowledge and guidance here in abundance, whatever you would like to ask, we shall all try our best to answer, we are all learning too!

May you find this wonderful forum beneficial and you gain knowledge from it!

:salamext:

Hulk
05-18-2012, 09:30 PM
..::WeLcOmE To ThE fOrUm::..
Have a good time here, both fun and beneficial. If you can, try and join a class in your area as it would be very helpful.

Knowledge will ground your faith firmer InshaAllah so learn under the right guidance. :statisfie

Muhaba
05-18-2012, 11:23 PM
it's great to have you back!

make yourself at home here at Islamicboard. it's the best place on the net.

Scimitar
05-18-2012, 11:24 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by dqsunday
Welcome to Islam Sister.

This site is a great resource for learning about Islam. I only converted to Islam in March and still have so much to learn. First thing I did was read the Qur'an (An excellent English translation, though eventually I do want to learn it in Arabic) Next I tracked down Musliims in my area and they are most supportive. I also do plenty of research online and watch many videos on youtube of various issues with Islam. I don't worry about the various 'branches' or sects of Islam, more interested in learning the core of the religion and way of life of the prophet (salallahu alayhi wa salam). As many have advised me, take your time, do not stress over all the things to learn, take it all one step at a time. I focused on the Qur'an (reading it cover to cover) and getting into the habit of praying. I am starting to learn the more common expressions in Arabic and Inshallah will pick up the others.

Definitely read over all the sticky posts in the Beginner's area too and the currently active threads, as many have great information. Also I always learn new stuff here and everybody is very patient and lack much of the pathetic bickering i encounter in other non Muslim related forums (though only other forum I go on regularly is about pets and their care etc. and for the most part its moderated to ensure no flame wars etc happen but it does at times get pretty heated but at least the language i clean)
Now this made me smile, masha-Allah.

keep on, keeping on, sista!!!

format_quote Originally Posted by ShahBano
Everyone

I am a 21 years old female and I think I am sort of a revert ( I know it's not a proper word here but I could not seem to find a proper one ).
I do not mean to say that I was a wild child or a brat, totally opposite in fact as I was raised in a Convent. It's just that I was not aware of Islamic philosophy and thought and now I am trying to learn about my religion, and trying to apply it to my daily life.

Anything you want to say or tell me, please do.

Thank you,
If it's books you want, go here: http://www.kalamullah.com/books.html for all free pdf books (very good ones too)... also, the videos and audio is all free too, just check the site out: www.kalamullah.com

In the meantime, Assalaam Alaikum warahmatullahi wabarakatuhu, welcome to islamicboard, and to the extended family :)

Scimi

Muslim Woman
05-19-2012, 01:25 AM
Salaam Sis

Welcome to Islam :)

pl. feel free to ask about Islam if u have any.

~ Sabr ~
05-19-2012, 07:10 AM
:welcome: to the forum!

We're a friendly bunch here, so please ask anything you need to InshaAllaah, or just hang around :D

ShahBano
05-19-2012, 06:24 PM
Thank you every one for this cordial welcome.

Haya emaan
05-19-2012, 06:47 PM
assalam o alaikum sister

welcome to the forum and welcome to the true way of life, islam..

i hope you will have a beneficial stay here..

your sister in islam
haya

Ğħαrєєвαħ
05-29-2012, 07:48 PM
Greetings of peace,

Welcome to the forum!

Hope you enjoy yourself here and find it beneficial towards yourself, inshaa'Allaah..

apologies for late welcome.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!