/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Awkward salah

BadOlPuttyTat
05-18-2012, 09:35 PM
Lately I've ran through an issue, thats rather adorable i may add. I was practicing the various motions in a rakah and my dog came up and start giving me her "what are doing look". She tilts her head and sticks her ears up and tries to sense if I am in distress or something.
Now if you dont know dogs, dogs are very keen with their :first love" or owner. My dog responds like all, responds to my emotions, if she senses that i dont like a person she will attack that person and if she feels i like that person she will greet them. But sometimes she has issue determining what i am feeling.
According to my dog when i am practicing salah (i would never do an actual salah in the presence or room of my dog), i am in distress. My dog actually thinks i am in pain or something for some odd reason ^o). She tries rubbing against me thinking i am hurting or sick and when i stop and tell her to go away she thinks I am fine then when i go back to practicing salah she comes back thinking something is wrong with me.
I am 1 foot away from kicking her but i find this SOOOOO oddly adorable :p. She is also underneath the impression that if I release flatulence I am mad at her, which makes no utter sense. When i do salah i always think of the voice of Muhammad Al-'Arifi a Saudi doctor. I mimic his voice and accent and on top of this i never talk a lot, I am more of a speechless action hero. So perhaps when she hears me apparently speak to myself she thinks something is wrong :hmm:.
Now when i do salah (for real) downstairs in another room i can hear her moaning upstairs thinking I am in distress again.
I have no idea why i am telling this but its just funny and slightly odd, I can never have peace in my house because i have a baby dependent on me and my dog is no different, both will be yelling and screaming if i am not there.:statisfie

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Hulk
05-18-2012, 09:46 PM
Hahhahaha MashaAllah.. My friend has told me similar stories about his cat, when his father was praying the cat once switched off the fan ;D another time it pounced on his head.

Here's one a friend shared with me of a cat bugging a child who was doing his salah. Poor kid! I saw it a long time ago I think in the original video you get to see that the kid actually has cat food in his pocket.

BadOlPuttyTat
05-18-2012, 09:51 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Hulk
Hahhahaha MashaAllah.. My friend has told me similar stories about his cat, when his father was praying the cat once switched off the fan ;D another time it pounced on his head.

Here's one a friend shared with me of a cat bugging a child who was doing his salah. Poor kid! I saw it a long time ago I think in the original video you get to see that the kid actually has cat food in his pocket.

POOR! Are you out of your MIND! Do you know how mean and anti social cats are? They are like devils, and this 1 cat actually wants attention! The fact a cat is even sticking his tail up straight (a sign of affection) to a human is wonderful! Cats only do this to mate and never care about anyone. I would like a cat like this.:statisfie

aadil77
05-18-2012, 09:56 PM
is your dog as bad as this?

http://youtu.be/MTwh6p1kyRQ?t=4m40s

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
BadOlPuttyTat
05-18-2012, 10:05 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by aadil77
is your dog as bad as this?

http://youtu.be/MTwh6p1kyRQ?t=4m40s
My dog is so bad, if I ignore her, she will leap on me and start scratching my balls (and i dont mean sports equipment). She will put her butt in my face or leap on it and start yelping to get my attention. When i sleep and if I roller over on her side of the bed (my bed is very wide and i split whose side is whose with her). She will get up and kick me in my face (while i am a sleep) to make me roll over. :hmm: Me and my dog which i wrongly named "Angel" are as close as family yet always at war with each other like China and Japan. I got the dog simply because i have no long lasting social relationship, yes i said it. Friendship with a dog is often better then a conversation with a human being.

Qurratul Ayn
05-18-2012, 10:43 PM
:salamext:

format_quote Originally Posted by ShadowsAndDust
Friendship with a dog is often better then a conversation with a human being.
Okay... Or a friendship with a cat. Or even better, talking to Allaah Ta'ala, especially during Salaah. (I do that a lot) :)

That's adorable what your dog does, it's all new for her too. Hopefully, she'll get used to you practicing your Rakaats for Salaah and won't be distressed anymore!

dqsunday
05-18-2012, 11:22 PM
I have a simple solution, do prayer in a closed room with pets on the other side of the door. Its probably best with dogs especially since doing salat we are submitting to Allah and dogs do sense submission and you really don't want your dog thinking you are submissive to it it may then think it has to take the top position in the pack. This is usually what the dog is doing when its doing all those things that are either called 'cute', misbehaving or even being outright aggressive.

BadOlPuttyTat
05-19-2012, 02:53 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by dqsunday
I have a simple solution, do prayer in a closed room with pets on the other side of the door. Its probably best with dogs especially since doing salat we are submitting to Allah and dogs do sense submission and you really don't want your dog thinking you are submissive to it it may then think it has to take the top position in the pack. This is usually what the dog is doing when its doing all those things that are either called 'cute', misbehaving or even being outright aggressive.
My dog is small and is not a pack dog. Considering her breed, she is uper fearful and must be under somebody, she never takes any dominance or aggressive and ive had her for 7 years by now i think. She just thinks my behavior is odd and when i do things out of place she sometimes acts or looks at me funny but this is the only time she thinks im in distress lol.

BadOlPuttyTat
05-19-2012, 02:57 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Qurratul Ayn

Okay... Or a friendship with a cat. Or even better, talking to Allaah Ta'ala, especially during Salaah. (I do that a lot) :)

That's adorable what your dog does, it's all new for her too. Hopefully, she'll get used to you practicing your Rakaats for Salaah and won't be distressed anymore!

If ever i am sick and I stay in bed all day she will climb on top of me and act as a guard dog of sorts. She is very protective despite her size which makes it funny, If i give a person a bad look or yell at them she will not like them because i dont like them. She is my shadow :p, if i dont like you my dog doesnt like you, if i eat, she eats, when i lay down then she lays down (normally on top of me). If i scream out loud and and start dancing around because i am pumped for the arrival of a new film, so will my dog. :statisfie rather annoying sometimes i admit

~ Sabr ~
05-19-2012, 07:13 AM
Lock the door when praying, then open it afterwards.

rabiakhalid
05-19-2012, 07:50 AM
Is it right to lock the door?

BadOlPuttyTat
05-19-2012, 08:11 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Haafizah
Lock the door when praying, then open it afterwards.
:'( Lock my adorable dog out of my room away from her master. Are you insane, she is my child, i consider her my daughter and she is also the best birthday present i got in history! I have 0 friends because nobody i know makes any moderate sense yet alone i dislike my own youth and all i have is my dog. Friends will betray you, wives will leave you, but my dog has been faithful to me for 7 years. Except the time she hopped on my aunt's lap ^o), that dog better not cheat on me. :p

~ Sabr ~
05-19-2012, 08:32 AM
It's only for 5/10 minutes brother. We shouldn't get too attached to animals. or humans for that matter.

BadOlPuttyTat
05-19-2012, 09:18 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Haafizah
It's only for 5/10 minutes brother. We shouldn't get too attached to animals. or humans for that matter.
I couldnt agree more lol. People choose how helpful or how worthless they can be in life (not being mean). A person becomes a fool because they choose to be a fool, and a person becomes wise because they choose to be wise. Sadly most people do not want to put effort and hard work into gaining wisdom so they choose to be the fool :hmm:. It is sad

Hulk
05-19-2012, 09:59 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by ShadowsAndDust
i have a baby
You're a father? All this while I thought you were in your early to mid 20s!

BadOlPuttyTat
05-19-2012, 06:57 PM
You're a father? All this while I thought you were in your early to mid 20s!

NOOOOOO!

I am 17! My mother has a a new stepdaughter. And i spend most the time caring for her. The baby is my little step sister :statisfie. I myself am adopted along with my half sister. My older siblings are 40+ years of age :p. My stepmother gave birth to them so i guess you can imagine the age of m stepmother lol. Everybody thinks my mother is actually my grandmother ^o). I dont know why though

Hulk
05-19-2012, 07:18 PM
17? Wow.. you're much more mature than I was when I was 17, craziness aside;D. I guess it's true that everyone has their own "age of first realisation".

You sound like you have a very interesting family. My cousin has siblings who are significantly older than him as well, I imagine the good thing about that is you don't get the usual "sibling squabbles". In fact you even get the chance to learn from the wisdom of your older siblings :statisfie

BadOlPuttyTat
05-20-2012, 07:24 AM
17? Wow.. you're much more mature than I was when I was 17, craziness aside;D. I guess it's true that everyone has their own "age of first realisation".

You sound like you have a very interesting family. My cousin has siblings who are significantly older than him as well, I imagine the good thing about that is you don't get the usual "sibling squabbles". In fact you even get the chance to learn from the wisdom of your older siblings :statisfie
My oldest brother who is Just a hard working dude that i hang out with at the cinema and my oldest sister is a teacher and only words of wisdom i learn form her are her awful math formulas which i quickly copy and simply and distort into a more simplified formula. In other words i can beat a math teacher in math. I actually won a future acceptance into the John Hopkins medical college at 5th grade because of my S.A.T scores but the issue is i have no intentions on going in the medical field plus I suck at medical science :exhausted . I wasnt robbed of my childhood i just found better things to do. My "age of realization" was around 10, its when i became SUPER boring and not very fun to hang out with (as if i ever was). Kids hate me so much :p , when they talk with me i am told i sound like an adult and i am boring because I was the only 14 year old that would bring up the subject of politics, social reasonings or scientific debates. I am a "grown child" basically :statisfie

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!