/* */

View Full Version : Woman, man and physical intimacy

Ramadan90
05-20-2012, 03:13 PM
Is it a must for woman to have sex with her husband if she doesnt want to for the moment? Does she sin? What about the other way around? It is a huge debate about this in Sweden.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
dqsunday
05-20-2012, 06:22 PM
This was brought up before, and two great reference links were provided. These should clarify everything in this matter for you. The simple quick answer, It isn't a sin to refuse sex at any given moment if one of the partners isn't in the mood. Its more a problem if its refused over a long period of time.

http://www.suhaibwebb.com/relationsh...-marital-rape/
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/sherma..._b_763592.html

CosmicPathos
05-20-2012, 06:31 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Allah<3
Is it a must for woman to have sex with her husband if she doesnt want to for the moment? Does she sin? What about the other way around? It is a huge debate about this in Sweden.
you are having problems in marriage?

Beardo
05-20-2012, 06:56 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by CosmicPathos
you are having problems in marriage?
I believe that is irrelevant to the question. She had already mentioned that it's a debate in Sweden, anyway. =)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
CosmicPathos
05-20-2012, 07:15 PM
its a he

Huzzy_786
05-20-2012, 07:16 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Beardo

I believe that is irrelevant to the question. HE had already mentioned that it's a debate in Sweden, anyway. =)
Just had to double check for myself there ;D

glo
05-20-2012, 09:15 PM
A loving couple should always consider each other's needs and feelings and work towards meeting the needs of both. Isn't that what marriage is about?

Who would want to be physically intimate with the other partner, knowing that s/he does not feel like it?

GuestFellow
05-20-2012, 09:45 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by glo
A loving couple should always consider each other's needs and feelings and work towards meeting the needs of both. Isn't that what marriage is about?

Who would want to be physically intimate with the other partner, knowing that s/he does not feel like it?
Hi Glo,

Welcome back. I used to be Guestfellow, but now I am very tragic. This topic is tragic. Moving on.

A women should fulfill the desires of her husband. But at the same time, the husband needs to persuade the wife to get involved... :/ Ah I rather not go into the details.

Qurratul Ayn
05-20-2012, 10:15 PM
:salamext:

The etiquettes of Muslim s***** behaviour

"
Muhammad (SAW) is reported to have said, "Do not have i********** with your wife until she is as a****** as you are", and explained that this was to be achieved through...
al-Mughni

(I can't carry on, this is embarassing enough as it is, you all know what is meant anyway, but when someone is need of help, and one knows the answers (or some anyway), one is compelled to help, (please don't think less of me, I'm trying to help))

Muhammad (SAW) has stated, "In the fulfilling of your s***** desires there is a Sadaqah (i.e. the reward of charity)."
The Sahabah (RA) (surprised) asked, "Is one of us to come to his lusts and have a reward in it?"
Muhammad (SAW) replied, "Tell me, if he were to place his lusts in Haraam would he be sinful? So accordingly, when he places his urges in Halal, there is for him a reward in it."
Muslim

The husband needs to recognise moments and endeavour to fulfil the wife's desires. This will increase her love and respect for him. Likewise, a wife should also remember that the husband has needs too and she should be willing to cater for them, this will increase his love and respect for her too.

Qurratul Ayn
05-20-2012, 10:22 PM

Remember, this life is ultimately a test and every part of it, the good and the bad, is there to determine how you interact with the situations placed before you and how you respond to Allaah Ta'ala.

"And the life of this world is but amusement and play, whilst truly the Home in the Hereafter, that is Life indeed, if they but knew..."
​al-Ankabut 29:64

dqsunday
05-21-2012, 02:38 AM
In other words, if one of the spouses isn't in the mood at that moment, don't force it. However, the eager partner can do his/her best to put the other into the mood. Not to mention there are so many different factors that can come into play to make this issue different depending on the individual case.

MustafaMc
05-21-2012, 03:45 AM
A man should never force his wife to have intimate relations; however, the marital relationship is meant to be the means by which a man and a woman can satisfy there mutual physical needs and desires. A man who cultivates his garden well can expect a more fruitful harvest than one who abuses and neglects his.

An hadith deals with the matter of the OP: Abu Huraira (Allah be pleased with him) reported Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) as saying: By Him in Whose Hand is my life, when a man calls his wife to his bed, and she does not respond, the One Who is in the heaven is displeased with her until he (her husband) is pleased with her.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!