/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Is there any story where Allah(swt) turns back time?

Shaima30
05-20-2012, 04:22 PM
Can Allah(swt) turn back time and reverse events? Has it ever happened in the past? Is it possible?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
CosmicPathos
05-20-2012, 04:43 PM
Allah is Time, according to one Hadith Qudsi.

On the authority of Abu Hurayrah (may Allah be pleased with him), who said that the Messenger of Allah (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) said:
“Allah said:
‘Sons of Adam inveigh against [the vicissitudes of] Time, and I am Time, in My hand is the night and the day.’”

~ Sabr ~
05-20-2012, 05:07 PM
Yes it HAS happened, the Prophet Muhammad :saws: turned back time with the will of Allaah, when Ali RadiAllaahu Anhu didn't pray Asr, so he :saws: brought the sun back so Ali could pray.

~ Sabr ~
05-20-2012, 05:12 PM
Proof of above post!!!!

Narrated by Hadrat Asma (RA): Revelation was being sent to Prophet (salallaho alaihi wasalam) and his head was on the Lap of Hadrat Ali (ra), and he had not prayed Asr till yet, soon the Sun got set too, The Prophet (salallaho alaihi wasalam) asked: O Ali (ra) have you prayed?, He replied: No, at this the Prophet (salallaho alaihi wasalam) made a plea in the court of Allah: O Lord He (Ali) was busy in Itaat of You and your Messenger (salallaho alaihi wasalam), hence return the Sun back for him , Hadrat Asma (ra) said: I had seen the Sun being set but then I saw it :RISING BACK AGAIN and daylight became visibale on mountains and land, This incident took palce near Khaybar

References: Imam Ibn Kathir in Al Bidayah wan Nihayah, Volume No. 6, Page No. 80, 81 and 85, Also Tafsir ul Qurtubi, Volume No. 5, Page No. 97

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
tango92
05-20-2012, 06:32 PM
^ but that only means the sun was bought back, not that time itself was reversed.

ie everybody didnt start doing things backwards until they reversed to the point when the sun hadnt set, lol

CosmicPathos
05-20-2012, 06:48 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Haafizah
Proof of above post!!!!

Narrated by Hadrat Asma (RA): Revelation was being sent to Prophet (salallaho alaihi wasalam) and his head was on the Lap of Hadrat Ali (ra), and he had not prayed Asr till yet, soon the Sun got set too, The Prophet (salallaho alaihi wasalam) asked: O Ali (ra) have you prayed?, He replied: No, at this the Prophet (salallaho alaihi wasalam) made a plea in the court of Allah: O Lord He (Ali) was busy in Itaat of You and your Messenger (salallaho alaihi wasalam), hence return the Sun back for him , Hadrat Asma (ra) said: I had seen the Sun being set but then I saw it :RISING BACK AGAIN and daylight became visibale on mountains and land, This incident took palce near Khaybar

References: Imam Ibn Kathir in Al Bidayah wan Nihayah, Volume No. 6, Page No. 80, 81 and 85, Also Tafsir ul Qurtubi, Volume No. 5, Page No. 97
Is that a saheeh hadith?

This event must have been then noticed by millions of ppl.

~ Sabr ~
05-20-2012, 07:28 PM
Of course it's a saheeh hadith, it's mentioned in Tafsir Ibn Kathir!!! :skeleton:

Insaanah
05-20-2012, 07:49 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Haafizah
Of course it's a saheeh hadith, it's mentioned in Tafsir Ibn Kathir!!! :skeleton:
:sl: sister, that's not necessarily the case, that if it's mentioned in a book by Ibn Kathir, then it's saheeh. There are some weak and fabricated ahadeeth mentioned in Ibn Kathirs books, mentioned for the purpose of showing that they are weak/fabricated, so that people will know when they see them. He mentions the status of each hadeeth straight after the text of the hadeeth. But unfortunately, people leave that important sentence after it out, quote the hadeeth, say it was in his book, then everyone assumes that it must be ok, when this is not the case.

As mentioned in your quote, it is mentioned in Ibn Kathirs book al Bidaya wal Nihaayah. He writes that the likes of Ali bin Madini, Muhammad bin Ubayd, Yala bin Ubaid, 'Allamah Abu al-Hajjaj, 'Allamah Abu al-Abbas, Ibn Zanjwiya, Muhammad bin Salih Hashimi, 'Allamah Juzjani, 'Allamah Muhammad bin Nasir Baghdadi have all lableled this narration to be a fabrication.

Imam Ahmad bin Hanbal said this narration has no basis.

There are Shia narrators in all versions of this hadeeth.

And Allah knows best in all matters.

~ Sabr ~
05-20-2012, 08:38 PM
Yeah...... I don't agree sis, sorry.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!