/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Morning flu symptoms ?

marwen
05-20-2012, 09:04 PM
:sl:
I lately get flu symptoms just after waking up in the morning, like sneezing and coughing without fever or headaches. And then it all goes after like 1 hour, and all becomes normal.
Did anyone else experience the same situation ?
Is it some kind of allergy ? Should I see a doctor ?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
glo
05-20-2012, 09:11 PM
Could be an allergy. Try keeping the bedroom dust-free. And sleep with the window open, if you can.

Alpha Dude
05-20-2012, 09:19 PM
And sleep with the window open, if you can.
Not sure if that will help. Sleeping with window open tends to give me a blocked nose. :hmm:

Welcome back, btw. :)

marwen
05-20-2012, 09:20 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by glo
Could be an allergy. Try keeping the bedroom dust-free. And sleep with the window open, if you can.
Hey welcome back sister glo !
Thank you, I'll try to aerate the place more frequently. I thought it's allergy.

format_quote Originally Posted by Alpha Dude
Not sure if that will help. Sleeping with window open tends to give me a blocked nose
Yeah that's my problem too.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
glo
05-20-2012, 09:22 PM
Thanks, Marwen and Alpha. It's nice to go away for 15 months and still be remembered ... :statisfie

Hope you are getting your problems sorted out, Marwen.

glo
05-20-2012, 09:24 PM
You can also try antihistamine tablets or other anti-allergy tablets. You can get them from a chemist or the supermarket.
Take on as instructed before going to bed.
If it's an allergy, that might help.

dysphoricrocker
05-22-2012, 06:30 AM
Salaam.

I suffer from similar symptoms as you(without the cough though) and it has been going on since i was in my early teens. Got myself checked long time back and the doctor told me it's a case of sinus. He said for my case, i needed a minor surgery to cure it but i opted out. My aunt had a similar operation and her condition worsened so i did not take the risk. But since the last two years or so, i do not get it as often as i did. Probably 3-4 times a week only alhamdulilah.

Maybe you should get yourself checked brother. May Allah grant you health.

glo
05-22-2012, 06:38 AM
^
My husband suffers with sinus problems. He often wakes up with a terrible sinus headache (sort of round the forehead area)

It often gets worse this time of year, when the pollen starts flying and hayfever season is beginning.
(Marwen, if it's hayfever, you are probably better off closing the window over night!)

dysphoricrocker
05-22-2012, 09:12 AM
And yes, you may consider getting an air purifier for your room when you sleep at night. It may ease the problem a little in the morning insyaAllah.

Endymion
05-22-2012, 11:54 AM
Ah i can say im expert in dealing such issues.I had a enlarge nose bone surgery last year and im feeling good Alhamdulillah but still i need to be careful to be caught by flu +o(.My advices may prove hlpful to your situation Inshallah.

Avoid having rice,yoghurt,cold and sour stuff specially at night.You can have them in lunch if you like but never have any of the above before going to sleep.Also,one really helpful tip which will make you feel great is to rinse your mouth and nose (like we do in wudhu) with Luke warm water adding a teaspoon salt in it,before going to sleep.Trust me,it will work like a miracle.You will inshallah wake up fresh with no coughing and sneezing and it willmake your breathing quite smooth Inshallah :statisfie

~ Sabr ~
05-22-2012, 12:25 PM
Hayfever?

marwen
05-22-2012, 01:24 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Endymion
is to rinse your mouth and nose (like we do in wudhu) with Luke warm water adding a teaspoon salt in it,before going to sleep.Trust me,it will work like a miracle.You will inshallah wake up fresh with no coughing and sneezing and it willmake your breathing quite smooth Inshallah
Thank you. I'll try this In ShaAllah.

format_quote Originally Posted by Haafizah
Hayfever?
I don't think I have hayfever allergy, because I don't have a problem with plants pollens or such in spring, (although dust makes my respiration uncomfortable). I may have a light or primitive allergy though.

PouringRain
05-23-2012, 04:04 AM
Pregnant?

(Sorry. I had to say it. :nervous: I'm surprised no one else already did.)

Scimitar
05-23-2012, 04:14 AM
Get a room humidifier... I had one and my dad asked me what it was. So I told him and he asked if it would aid in his sinus problem coz at night - he finds it unbearable and keeps getting up to go down stairs and sit there for hours etc.

SO I said "yeah, take it, try it out"... that was about 3 yrs ago, I still havent gotten it back. He loves it. And I miss it. facepalm? ^o)

Scimi

BadOlPuttyTat
05-23-2012, 06:16 AM
Sounds like me kinda. I wake up sometimes and my nose is red and it has swelled from the inside sometimes restricting air flow. I notice this happens when it gets cold as of now its summer so i dont get this at all lately. Perhaps this is because of a unusual climate change perhaps? Ive had it go away and come back because sometimes we have very cold winters or very hot ones.

$tranger
05-23-2012, 07:42 AM
I used to suffer with something similar....then realised it was deodorant fumes that I was inhaling which was causing it :hiding:

Alpha Dude
05-23-2012, 07:55 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by $tranger
I used to suffer with something similar....then realised it was deodorant fumes that I was inhaling which was causing it :hiding:
I guess you missed the school class special where they would have taught you not to sniff and inhale aerosols. :uuh:

marwen
05-23-2012, 08:23 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by PouringRain
Pregnant?
It's a very possible cause of such disorder in the morning, although I don't think it's probably my case :hmm:.

And welcome back, I hope you're doing well.

Endymion
05-24-2012, 10:25 AM
:sl:

A sister asked me to post this message in your thread.Hope it will benefit you Inshallah :statisfie

Addressing the environmental factors is important, but more importantly, we need to address the diet & add more livings foods and micronutrients.

Increase your intake of Vitamin A, C and E but especially vitamin A and C.

Add more fruit & veg and salad including Beetroot.

Leave refined carbs such as white bread, white rice, white pasta etc. And avoid starchy foods such as potatoes, especially at night.

Evening meal should not be eaten late at night or be too heavy. Try having a bowl of chicken soup (cooked for a few hours) with carrots, ginger, garlic and lemon.

I would advise you to supplement your diet with some blue-green algae, purchased from here: bluegreenplanet.co.uk

Start with a tip of a tsp mixed in warm water for a week and build up to 1 tsp. It is really excellent for symptoms such as the ones mentioned. Feel free to research about it.

Most importantly, remember to eat simple, & moderately at all times as advised by the Prophet . This is a very important principle for good health, physical as well as spiritual. May Allaah subhana wa ta'ala give you shifaa.

marwen
05-24-2012, 10:41 AM
^ Thank you sister. These are simple and beneficial steps, I'll try to follow most of them inshaAllah, plus your previous advice too.
Jazakum Allahu Khayran you and the sister who helped too.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!