/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Biggest religion in the world?

User29123
05-22-2012, 07:52 PM
A lot of people convert to Islam a year, and I was wondering has Islam overtook Christianity yet as worlds biggest religion or are there more Christians still? I hardly see much Christians practice their religion.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Hulk
05-22-2012, 08:11 PM
How can you tell if a christian practices his/her religion?

Marina-Aisha
05-22-2012, 08:13 PM
I heard that Islam the biggest religion u heard its in genius world records.

Perseveranze
05-22-2012, 08:16 PM
Christianity is, followed by Islam. However, analysts say Islam will soon takeover as the biggest religion (predictions around 2050-90).

If you want to look at denominations though, Sunni Islam is the biggest in the world, followed by Catholism.

format_quote Originally Posted by marina-hadeya
I heard that Islam the biggest religion u heard its in genius world records.
That's fastest growing.

According to the Guinness Book of World Records, Islam is the world’s fastest-growing religion by number of conversions each year: Although the religion began in Arabia, by 2002 80% of all believers in Islam lived outside the Arab world. In the period 1990-2000, approximately 12.5 million more people converted to Islam than to Christianity.[24] Part of the books quote can be seen online from this extract from Google Books.[24]

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
BadOlPuttyTat
05-22-2012, 10:00 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Hulk
How can you tell if a christian practices his/her religion?
My point exactly. Barely no Christian practices or cares about their religion. They dont read the Bible just the parts they like. LOTSof people claim Christianity yet believe in evolution lol

Darth Ultor
05-22-2012, 10:58 PM
How can you tell if a Muslim practices their religion?

Qurratul Ayn
05-22-2012, 11:02 PM
:salamext:

format_quote Originally Posted by FreakOffALeash
Barely no Christian practices or cares about their religion. They dont read the Bible just the parts they like.
That's a bit harsh. I am acquainted with many Christian people, they attend church on Sundays, read the Bible regularly, the Roman Catholics attend Mass, some of the Roman Catholics use rosary beads for praying.

Interestingly, many of my Christian acquaintances have said that the Bible is not the true Bible, and reverted to Islam or have become Daughters of God.

Currently Christianity is the biggest religion, but Islam is the fastest growing religion, soon it shall become the biggest, Insha'Allaah.

format_quote Originally Posted by Perseveranze
If you want to look at denominations though, Sunni Islam is the biggest in the world, followed by Catholism.
Subhan'Allaah. That's cool

BadOlPuttyTat
05-22-2012, 11:24 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Qurratul Ayn

That's a bit harsh. I am acquainted with many Christian people, they attend church on Sundays, read the Bible regularly, the Roman Catholics attend Mass, some of the Roman Catholics use rosary beads for praying.

Interestingly, many of my Christian acquaintances have said that the Bible is not the true Bible, and reverted to Islam or have become Daughters of God.

Currently Christianity is the biggest religion, but Islam is the fastest growing religion, soon it shall become the biggest, Insha'Allaah.

Subhan'Allaah. That's cool

Well my sister you have much to learn, harshness is reality and the reality is always harsh. Christians in the United States bend religion to their desires instead of bending their desires to their religions. This is pitiful but very true sadly. I find it hilarious so much actually. Do you know how many Christian's in the down south have used the term "God gave me my right to eat pork" yet totally ignore its mentioning as being forbidden in Biblical text? Almost all of them.

joboman24
05-22-2012, 11:29 PM
just out of curiosity why is pork forbidden to eat when every other animal is? According to what people have told me all animals are inferior to us why does pork get a special exemption?

Qurratul Ayn
05-22-2012, 11:31 PM
Well my sister you have much to learn, harshness is reality and the reality is always harsh.
We all do my brother :) And, not all harshness is reality... But reality is always harsh, that is why we have to be strong and have faith in Allaah.

Christians in the United States bend religion to their desires instead of bending their desires to their religions.
Well, my Christian acquaintances live in the UK, and I must say (write in this case) they do adhere to their beliefs... Or try to, as do we all.

BadOlPuttyTat
05-22-2012, 11:53 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Qurratul Ayn
We all do my brother :) And, not all harshness is reality... But reality is always harsh, that is why we have to be strong and have faith in Allaah.

Well, my Christian acquaintances live in the UK, and I must say (write in this case) they do adhere to their beliefs... Or try to, as do we all.
You live in the UK. THey are more spiritual there and have a stronger culture and retain it very well. In America we throw our culture out the window and do as we please. We retain very little heritage and any spiritual upbringing. Our morals are based from nothing. We say this or that is wrong and do not know why it is wrong, our religion has mixed with our politics and in case you dont know. Our politics are very evil lol. We have corrupted all religions that come here including Islam, minute a Muslim gets here they shave their beards and pick up some liquor and have meaningless sex and live a life of debauchery. We have no social standards at all and I am 1 out of very few of my youth that dislike this. :hmm:

BadOlPuttyTat
05-22-2012, 11:55 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by joboman24
just out of curiosity why is pork forbidden to eat when every other animal is? According to what people have told me all animals are inferior to us why does pork get a special exemption?

You dont know medical stuff apparently. Pork is a very unclean meat because pigs feed on their own cr*p, eat each other, and dont sweat so no impurity exits their body. Read this post i made on it.........

http://www.islamicboard.com/health-s...vil-known.html

joboman24
05-23-2012, 12:11 AM
apparently I don't know have all the information ever existed on this earth like most other people. But thanks for the link.

Abz2000
05-23-2012, 12:24 AM
i knew this guy who told me he was christian, then when i prodded him on details, he said he didn't believe in God!!!!!!!!!

yes, it is a fact that the majority only use the name coz they inherited it, and buy a pine tree at the end of the year and decorate it with tinsel.
but if you prod them on details (like say for instance in february or march), many of the same will tell you that they don't believe in God.
hell, even the mass media and all the high street stores believe in God when it's december.

May Allah guide them to the truth.

Hulk
05-23-2012, 12:41 AM
imsad What I meant by my post is if we can't tell whether someone is practicing or not then we shouldn't make statements saying whether they practice or not.

dysphoricrocker
05-23-2012, 03:53 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Hulk
we shouldn't make statements saying whether they practice or not.
i agree. very dangerous thing to do.

Scimitar
05-23-2012, 04:30 AM
Not being funny but churches are being bought out left right and center all over the UK, and turned into Masjids... this, in the west.

If we worship God more in their own lands than they do... then I think its a fair point. It's a "observable science" as the atheist would say :D

I can't even get into my local Masjid on a Friday, unless I turn up WELL IN ADVANCE... the Church in comparison, looks like it wants to be a masjid. Everytime I see it, it looks lonely.

The walls are probably asking Allah "Ya Allah, fill me with Muslims".

Scimi

dysphoricrocker
05-23-2012, 05:37 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Scimitar
I can't even get into my local Masjid on a Friday, unless I turn up WELL IN ADVANCE...
How about on normal prayer times? It's the same case here on Fridays but on normal salah times, it's pretty much empty. Maybe 4-5 rows at most for the mosque that i usually frequent to.

dqsunday
05-23-2012, 06:28 AM
Catholic churches are being closed over here in Canada too. I remember reading somethign in the paper about three big churches being sold. As far as I am aware there are no Muslims in the town I live in, but there is a decent size group in the nearby city. On Friday's there is a good turn out as well as during the monthly pot luck gathering.

As for numbers of Catholics converting compared to number of Muslim's reverting, I really have no idea but on a Google search to find out, I did find this interesting site: http://www.pewforum.org/Faith-in-Flux.aspx but it really only deals with people in the Christian faiths. It really only compares between Catholic and Protestant or other religion but doesn't specify Islam.

Scimitar
05-23-2012, 02:46 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by dysphoricrocker
How about on normal prayer times? It's the same case here on Fridays but on normal salah times, it's pretty much empty. Maybe 4-5 rows at most for the mosque that i usually frequent to.
Used to be like that, ten odd years ago. But you know bro, ever since 911, the masjids have been getting kinda packed.

Isha salaah fills up 3/4 of the masjid in my locality - and we've got 3 masjids within 15 mins walking distance from my house. Kinda cool :)

Scimi

~ Sabr ~
05-23-2012, 02:50 PM
Is was like this in 2009:

http://chartsbin.com/view/3nr

dysphoricrocker
05-23-2012, 02:52 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Scimitar
Isha salaah fills up 3/4 of the masjid in my locality - and we've got 3 masjids within 15 mins walking distance from my house. Kinda coo
Wow alhamdulillah thats very good indeed! it's always nice to pray in a mosque with alot of people, you just that powerful feeling of togetherness.

sister herb
05-23-2012, 07:34 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Darth Ultor
How can you tell if a Muslim practices their religion?
How we can know they do?

In my country churches are empty at Sunday but mosques full. Other thing is if religion is in peoplesĀ“ heart.

Hulk
05-23-2012, 07:48 PM
Goodness.. Lets not turn our deen into a contestant in a popularity contest. If anything the fact that there are many converts to Islam should give people something to think about and not something for muslims to brag about :statisfie. I would be more concerned with the state of my own heart.

If we want to be in competition, lets compete in our sincere devotion without having to bring each other down. God knows what is in our hearts.

dqsunday
05-23-2012, 08:42 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Haafizah
Is was like this in 2009:

http://chartsbin.com/view/3nr
A very interesting chart, Sister Haafizah. I had thought Judaism was much more practiced than it shows on that chart. It also feels good to see Islam is steadily growing despite the actions of a few.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!