/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Prayers, petitions and duas are humbly appreciated.

GodIsAll
05-22-2012, 11:48 PM
As some of you know, I have been adding on to my home to accommodate my mother in law. I am way behind schedule, so we're making as best we can in the cramped quarters.

Her health has been declining. Today (and here is Allah at work again), I stayed home due to a rancid case of bronchitis. God is great! Thank you for my fever and bronchitis!

I walked in to the kitchen today and found her unconscious and vomiting on the floor. Stroke...again. I threw her over my shoulder, tossed her in a car and drove her 30 minutes to the hospital...but I made it in 19 minutes. The police met me at the hospital...not happy...the nuerologist yelled at them...telling them that with a stroke, time is everything.

Right now, they are doing emergency brain surgery on her...trying to get the clot in her brain stem. Results could go either way. That being said, all positive intents, prayers and petitions are looked upon with awe and grace.

Peace and Love to all...always...

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Qurratul Ayn
05-22-2012, 11:59 PM
:salamext:

Insha'Allaah, your mother-in-law will recover.

May Allaah help her and you in this difficult time.

I will be making Du'a for you, my Brother GodIsAll.

Stay strong and have faith in Allaah!

Qurratul Ayn
05-23-2012, 12:02 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by GodIsAll
Today (and here is Allah at work again), I stayed home due to a rancid case of bronchitis. God is great! Thank you for my fever and bronchitis!

I walked in to the kitchen today and found her unconscious and vomiting on the floor. Stroke...again.
Truly, Allaah is great.

Whatever happens is for the best. Allaah will never let us down!

GodIsAll
05-23-2012, 12:02 AM
Thank you most kindly, Quaratul. You humble me with your intentions. May Allah bless you and your family...

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
CosmicPathos
05-23-2012, 12:07 AM
Must be a tough situation for you.

May Allah bring your mother in law back to consciousness and bring her to Islam.

You did the best thing to take her to ER right away. Have they given her tpA?

MustafaMc
05-23-2012, 01:45 AM
Insh'Allah, I will remember you both in my du'a. May Allah be with you during these difficult times and give you the strength to bear this and the wisdom to make the best decisions. May Allah be with your mother-in-law and heal her and return her to good health.

dqsunday
05-23-2012, 02:18 AM
I am very sorry to hear about your mother in law and I will add her and you Brother into my dua's.

glo
05-23-2012, 06:32 AM
Keeping you and your family in my thoughts and prayers.

Praying for her recovery and for strength and wisdom for those who provide care for her - in hospital and at home.

Hulk
05-23-2012, 06:47 AM
Will remember you and your family in my prayers inshaAllah.. Stay strong brother..

dysphoricrocker
05-23-2012, 08:58 AM
Salaam.

I am sorry to hear about your mother-in-law. She will be in our prayers. Remember that whatever happens, there is always good behind it. May Allah grant you and your family goodness and health.

GodIsAll
05-23-2012, 10:51 AM
Amen.

Thank you all for your support. I am getting ready to go back to the hospital. I will let you know how everything went.

GodIsAll
05-25-2012, 07:18 PM
Thank you all for your prayers and support.
Apparently, this was a bad stroke, potentially worse than the one she had in 2008 that left her with very limited speech.
All that aside, thank our Creator that I was home and that I still have the capability to carry her and drive 100 mph. During emergency surgery, the nuerologist inserted a needle directly into the brain vessel where the clot occurred. It did break up. They are very pleased with her progress. She is outnof ICU, but will hospitalized for a week or more for therapy purposes.
The prognosis is positive.

Hulk
05-25-2012, 07:21 PM
Alhamdulillah. Take good care of her!:statisfie

Qurratul Ayn
05-25-2012, 07:24 PM

Masha'Allaah!

That's absolutely wonderful to hear, but tell her to take it very easy from now on, seeing as she had a serious stroke.

I'm so happy to hear good news, it will be for the best :)

dqsunday
05-25-2012, 07:27 PM
Allah be praised! I am glad to hear the prognosis is good. I will still keep you and her in my dua's.

glo
05-25-2012, 09:37 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by GodIsAll
She is outnof ICU, but will hospitalized for a week or more for therapy purposes.
The prognosis is positive.
If she is out of ICU already, that's good news. I hope and pray that the therapy is successful. The quicker she starts making improvements, the better it will be!

May God bless and protect you all.

MustafaMc
05-26-2012, 11:20 AM
This is good news. Events like this are reminders of our own mortality and that each of us will one day die. My realization of this at 40 led me to practice Islam as I believe it is the way to live and to worship God as revealed by Him through Prophet Muhammad (saaws).

glo
05-31-2012, 03:32 PM
How is your mother-in-law doing, GodIsAll?

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!