/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Comfortable Salah

BadOlPuttyTat
05-23-2012, 01:59 AM
What do most of you use for salat regarding the floor surface? Do you use rugs, blankets etc and where did you buy them from? I intend on buying something to make salah easier, although the thought of using hardwood floor paneling came to mind which would totally contradict the purpose of "comfortable" :p . But i like hardwood surfaces and my entire room is full of it :statisfie . Are there "forbidden" patterns or designs regarding the cloth/rug/mat or whatever is you use.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
dysphoricrocker
05-23-2012, 02:45 AM
Salaam.

Well, i have a carpet in my room and i lay my prayer mat over it when i pray so it's very soft and comfortable for me alhamdulillah.

I am not sure if there are forbidden designs or patterns but i was taught from young the prayer mat shouldnt be too colourful or have pictures as it could distract me during salah. So my prayer mats are dull coloured and have no designs.

Anybody
05-24-2012, 03:51 PM
Use a prayer mat, or any clean towel or cloth will do.

~ Sabr ~
05-24-2012, 04:40 PM
You can buy a prayer mat from a local masjid inshaAllaah.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sumaiya54
05-24-2012, 07:52 PM
I use a blanket, because I have no prayer rug. It is pretty comfy. I dont think that there are any restricitions on that, I would ask other Muslims though!

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!