/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Struggling with my new business

Nate
05-24-2012, 05:43 PM
I find it hard sometimes, being in a industry that is dominated by anti-islamic views, I dont tell people I am muslim, but if they ask I do not lie. But for the most part its fine just gets akward sometimes. A brother that owns the local Halal Market has supported me, and help get the word out.

But I met a guy when I opened, he is your typical hillbilly, and he just hangs out then one day he asked if I was muslim, LOL I said yes nervously, he was like "really" LOL after he asked a couple typical media fed questions he was like cool. still comes around and hangs out, he had never met a muslim, or that he new

I guess I am just having days that are hard, but when I pray I feel better and clearer

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
tango92
05-27-2012, 05:46 PM
hang in there bro. dont be nerous about being a muslim , you are on the truth -

you need to be on the offense not defence. explain to this person (or any1 else who is sarcastic) why islam is the truth, get him to think about his own beliefs and what his purpose is etc

your gonna meet loads of people like this, and it may test your faith until you become a strong believer.

Qurratul Ayn
05-27-2012, 09:43 PM
:salamext:

'Tis true, what Brother tango92 has written.

Look, Brother Nate, you told the guy you're Muslim when he asked, yet he still came back to your store. Isn't that a good thing? Yes, it is!

He even asked you questions about Islam, he may be curious as to know what Islam is and how Muslims are. So I think he will be looking at your character, the way you behave etc. Remember, actions speak louder than words, it's sadly true in this day and age, unfortunately, so just be cool, calm and collected and answer any questions he may pose to you to the best of your ability and if you don't know, tell him you don't and you will get back to him after you find out.

Stay strong, have faith in the Almighty, remember this is a test, we will always have hurdles thrown at us, but we have to resist and come out the better and stronger person for it.

May Allaah guide us all and keep us on the straight path and provide strength for us too.

format_quote Originally Posted by Nate
I guess I am just having days that are hard, but when I pray I feel better and clearer
Cool. :thumbs_up As do we all, Brother Nate

:salamext:

Snowflake
05-27-2012, 11:02 PM
When people ask about your faith, make it an opportunity to promote Islam. If you had misconceptions about Islam before your reversion, turn that into an advantage by saying something like, 'Oh I used to have so many misconceptions about islam, but once I started studying it, I found it nothing like the media made it out to be... (etc etc)' If giving dawah directly is difficult and at least by saying that you'll have planted a seed of curiosity in their head. You can work on dawah when you know get to know them a little better. And what sis Qurratul Ayn said is true, the man did come back. So everything's cool al hamdulillah. If you defend the religion of Allah, Allah will defend you.

I pray Allah make all your affairs easy for you. Ameen.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
جوري
05-27-2012, 11:20 PM
I doubt the problem has anything to do with your religious affiliations. These are very trying times economically and the problem is global. Did you see the Greek govt. of late? Having a job in and of itself is a blessing when many are in debt and can't find work even when highly qualified. I swear I see homeless people with masters in engineering and on the news recently was a guy with two degrees in physics and mathematics and he's bagging groceries. Just hang in there in the very least you're your own boss..

may Allah swt ease your affairs and of all Muslims..

ameen

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!