/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Daily Dua

Marina-Aisha
05-24-2012, 07:31 PM
i thought this might be helpful for some people

Before starting journey
According to a tradition related to Imam Moosa Ibne Ja’far (a.s.) that a person who wishes to go on a journey should stand in the door of his house facing towards the destination of journey and recite Alhamd and recite the following:-

Transliteration: ALLA-HOOMMAH-FAZNI VAHFAZ MA MA'EYA WA SALLIMNI WA SALLIM MA MA-'EYA WA BALLIGH MA MA-'EYA BE-BALAGHEKAL-HASANIL-JAMEEL

Oh Allah keep me and all the things with me safe and sound and let them reach the destination safely.
The person who proceeds on a journey in the above manner the Almighty God will be looking after hie welfare and of those people and things who are will him, and he will reach safely his destination.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Insaanah
05-26-2012, 09:38 AM
:sl: sister,

Just out of interest, where did you find that du3a? Moosa Ibn Ja'far is the seventh shi'a imam. Many shi'a narrations have no basis. They should be avoided completely.

There are authentic du'as from the sunnah, du'as that our beloved prophet :saws: recited and taught his followers, let us stick to those, such as this du'a for travel, the first part of which, after Allahu Akbar, is actually verses from the Qur'an:

حَدَّثَنِي هَارُونُ بْنُ عَبْدِ اللَّهِ، حَدَّثَنَا حَجَّاجُ بْنُ مُحَمَّدٍ، قَالَ قَالَ ابْنُ جُرَيْجٍ أَخْبَرَنِي أَبُو الزُّبَيْرِ، أَنَّ عَلِيًّا الأَزْدِيَّ، أَخْبَرَهُ أَنَّ ابْنَ عُمَرَ عَلَّمَهُمْ أَنَّ رَسُولَ اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم كَانَ إِذَا اسْتَوَى عَلَى بَعِيرِهِ خَارِجًا إِلَى سَفَرٍ كَبَّرَ ثَلاَثًا ثُمَّ قَالَ ‏"‏ سُبْحَانَ الَّذِي سَخَّرَ لَنَا هَذَا وَمَا كُنَّا لَهُ مُقْرِنِينَ وَإِنَّا إِلَى رَبِّنَا لَمُنْقَلِبُونَ اللَّهُمَّ إِنَّا نَسْأَلُكَ فِي سَفَرِنَا هَذَا الْبِرَّ وَالتَّقْوَى وَمِنَ الْعَمَلِ مَا تَرْضَى اللَّهُمَّ هَوِّنْ عَلَيْنَا سَفَرَنَا هَذَا وَاطْوِ عَنَّا بُعْدَهُ اللَّهُمَّ أَنْتَ الصَّاحِبُ فِي السَّفَرِ وَالْخَلِيفَةُ فِي الأَهْلِ اللَّهُمَّ إِنِّي أَعُوذُ بِكَ مِنْ وَعْثَاءِ السَّفَرِ وَكَآبَةِ الْمَنْظَرِ وَسُوءِ الْمُنْقَلَبِ فِي الْمَالِ وَالأَهْلِ ‏"‏ ‏.‏ وَإِذَا رَجَعَ قَالَهُنَّ ‏.‏ وَزَادَ فِيهِنَّ ‏"‏ آيِبُونَ تَائِبُونَ عَابِدُونَ لِرَبِّنَا حَامِدُونَ

Ibn Umar (Allah be pleased with them) reported that whenever Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) mounted his camel while setting out on a journey, he said Allahu Akbar three times, then said: ‘Glorified is He, The One Who has place this (transport) at our service, and we ourselves would not have been capable of that, and to our Lord if our final destiny. O Allah, we ask You for birr (righteousness) and taqwaa (fear of displeasing you) in this journey of ours, and we ask You for deeds which please You. O Allah, facilitate our journey and let us cover its distance quickly. O Allah, You are The Companion on the journey and The Successor over the family, O Allah, I take refuge with You from the difficulties of travel, from having a change of hearts and being in a bad predicament, and I take refuge in You from an ill fated outcome with wealth and family.’

…upon returning the same supplication is recited with the following addition:

‘We return, repent, worship and praise our Lord.’

Hadeeth reference: al-Bukhari with al-Fath 11/101 and Muslim 4/2075, Saheeh Muslim English reference Book 7, Hadith 3113

And Allah knows best in all matters.

Marina-Aisha
05-26-2012, 10:42 AM
Oh I found it on dua.org is this a Shia website?

Insaanah
05-26-2012, 10:46 AM
Yes, it's Shi'a.

Use www.makedua.com

All the du'as there are from the authentic hadeeth, and the printed book form (called Hisnul Muslim, or Fortification of the Muslim, should be available in most Islamic bookshops) gives the hadeeth reference for every du'a.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Marina-Aisha
05-26-2012, 11:12 AM
Oh I'm so sorry I didn't know please forgive me, thank you for the website.

Is there another website that has all different duas?

Insaanah
05-26-2012, 11:19 AM
:sl:

Don't worry sis, it's not easy for a new Muslim to know.

Not sure if there are other reliable ones. There may well be, that I don't know about. That's the most well known, and it's authentic. That site's not that easy to navigate around though, unless you go here to the alphabetical index: http://www.makedua.com/alpha_index.html. And unfortunately it doesn't have the transliteration in English for those that can't yet read Arabic.

If I find another site, I'll post it here. Other members may know of some too.

Marina-Aisha
05-26-2012, 11:51 AM
Okay thank :)

Marina-Aisha
07-08-2012, 09:37 PM
totally forgot bout my thread sorry guys

O Allaah, I am Your servant, son of Your servant, son of Your maidservant, my forelock is in Your hand, Your command over me is forever executed and Your decree over me is just. I ask You by every name belonging to You which You name Yourself with, or revealed in Your Book, or You taught to any of Your creation, or You have preserved in the knowledge of the unseen with You, that You make the Qur’aan the life of my heart and the light of my breast, and a departure for my sorrow and a release for my anxiety.’

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!