/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Refinding my faith

BadOlPuttyTat
05-25-2012, 01:25 AM
Went through a spiritual crisis some days ago. I want to let everybody know I am going to try and re-evaluate my faith. I am going to read ALL the Sanatana Dharmic text in full and read the ENTIRE QURAN! I seriously do NOT believe in hadiths and a lot of their teachings so i am avoiding them entirely. I am always going to be tempted by other beliefs and theological doctrines f I don't read them and know them and truly make p my mind. It is pointless to call you self a Muslim yet not care or believe in its theology or doctrine and have the desire of something outside of it. You will never be a happy true Muslim and will never sincerely believe in it.

Do I still believe in 1 god.............yes

Do i still believe in the Abrahamic god...................yes

Will I still make Salat and ask Allah/God for guidance...........................yes

Do I think Muhammad(pbuh) is a messenger of the one and true god...............obviously yes or else I wouldn't show him the respect he deserves.

Do I have issues adapting to Islam................yes^o)

Will I try to live my life as a whole with Islamic values.......................yes or else I wouldn't have become a Muslim to begin with.

Do I believe in idolatry?..............NO! And if you call me one I will beat you with a dead fish just for laughs :statisfie (I can't say it more clearly )

I apologize to any of you for wasting your time teaching me Islam. I do not wish to waste anyone's time. But for all of those who helped me please understand that I appreciated you a lot. If I was a 12 foot tall polar bear with 7 foot long arms I would bear hug you all for your kindness.

Please understand I am NOT denouncing Islam, but I am backing away from it. I cannot be a real Muslim if I do not believe it in my heart. The Shahadah means nothing if you don't believe it(although technically I do). Please do not label me as a moderate Muslim:cry: because I don't want that title nor would I enjoy it. As of now I am rather depressed so you may not see me a whole lot later. Ill push on through it though

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
dysphoricrocker
05-25-2012, 01:40 AM
As a born Muslim, even i have doubts from time to time. But that is good in some ways. Once i read about a hadith of our beloved Prophet pbuh, i do not know the full hadith or its autheticity but it roughly says that having doubts isnt always bad because it shows that you care for your religion. I think that can be a good learning point. That said,

May Allah guide you to the truth and make it easy on you.

glo
05-25-2012, 01:58 AM
We had an old thread once with a poll on whether people had doubts or not - and many people said that they did.
Not only had they doubts, but they felt that those doubts actually helped them grow in faith.

I think you are being very honest, with yourself and with others ... and that has got to be a good starting point!

If I find the old thread, I will bump it up. You might find the comments in it helpful.

Take care on your journey and enjoy the ride!

Muslim Woman
05-25-2012, 02:07 AM
:sl:

format_quote Originally Posted by dysphoricrocker
May Allah guide you to the truth and make it easy on you.

Ameen.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Amat Allah
05-25-2012, 02:55 AM
May Allah guide you always and forever Ameeen

When I knew my way to Allah and then I understood the meaning of Islam; The Mercy of Allah and took Allah's book as my best friend reading it, reciting its verses and memo them knowing their meanings and the great mercy and wisdom of Allah behind each one; I knew real happiness and the more I know about Islam the more I feel its beauty...laa ilaha illa Allah...

Anyway, no hard feelings in shaa Allah, I really wish ya happiness and I am about to cry... actually I am crying now cause I know not how to help ya. it is hard when you see someone so dear and preicous in need and you just can't help; feeling helpless and useless...

I only have my Duaa for ya O my respected brother , May Allah guide ya and show ya the way to Him clearly always and keep ya firm on His path Ameeeeeen

never give up hope and trust in The One Who Created you ever; The Only true One Lord Who deserves to Be worshipped...:'(

take care of your precious self always in shaa Allah...

leaving ya under Allah's sight , care and protection...

Humbly; your sister:

Amat Allah.

Amat Allah
05-25-2012, 03:03 AM
Sorry, but forgot to tell ya and remind ya that Satan won't give up trying to decieve us , planting doubts in our hearts and driving us to fall in sins till we leave this mortal worthless Dunya so , becareful...

fee amanilah Akhi...

BadOlPuttyTat
05-25-2012, 03:11 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Amat Allah
never give up hope and trust in The One Who Created you ever; The Only true One Lord Who deserves to Be worshipped...
I haven't given up hope on that.:statisfie . I still believe int he Abrahamic god and I still believe in Allah/Jehova/The on true god of Abraham, Moses and Jesus and Muhammad(pbut). I just don't think the strict, questionable doctrine of Islam or even the Bible is the "perfect" way. I disagree with certain issues yes, but as a whole im 90% Muslim if that counts for anything. Certain snippets just dont agree with me and very strict personal believes i refuse to give up. I wish you well sister
may god give you blessing in your life

dqsunday
05-25-2012, 05:33 AM
Brother Freek, it distresses me you have such doubts and being one who is not all that much more 'older' than you in Islam, I think you are being too analytical. The Qur'an and the hadith of the prophet (salallahu alayhi wasalam) is the way Allah wishes us to obey him. Allah presented the Qur'an as the correct way to submit to Him and obey Him. Its not for us to question His instructions. To say the Qur'an isn't the right way to worship Allah isn't a good thing to say.

It is difficult to follow and yes it is strict in some ways and tiresome at times but this life is set to test us. It is not easy for me neither and I certainly don't have your focus and organizational skills to set a rigid schedule to learn salat in Arabic right from the get go.

For example, being a woman there are additional 'rules' I must follow. Wearing head coverings, including around the neck. I have no problem doing this for prayer and when I go to the Masjid. The problem I am having is wearing it outside when I am doing everyday things like picking up groceries. The unseasonally hot weather here isn't helping. Its hard enough to keep the rest of my body covered up to maintain my modesty. I am prone to heat stroke so having head coverings in addition to full body coverage is very uncomfortable for me. That and I am very self conscious when it comes to standing out in any way and given the fact my town has no other Muslim living within it, I would stand out. A problem I should be able to overcome but is proving harder than I expected.

I am managing to cover my hair at night when I go for a walk but I don't walk every night.

It sounds like excuses as to obey Allah's will should be the only thing on my mind. It bugs me quite a bit when I go out hair uncovered, enough so that I only go out now when I have to. Its tough being the only Sister in the area and the closest ones are in the city, which is a bit of a drive. One thing I intend to do this weekend when I go to the Masjid for the monthly potluck is talk with my Sisters and see if I can arrange to go shopping with one or two of them, Inshallah. I won't feel as...exposed if I am in a group. I think I just need this to return to my old mentality of 'I don't care what others think, regarding how I look' which is what i had when I was a much bigger sister and wore lose clothing to hide rolls.

In summery Brother, stick with it. Your heart will become Muslim the longer you struggle against the doubts Shaytan whispers into your ear. We all have our struggles and the greatest 'jihad' is the struggle within our own hearts.

BadOlPuttyTat
05-25-2012, 05:52 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by dqsunday
Brother Freek, it distresses me you have such doubts and being one who is not all that much more 'older' than you in Islam, I think you are being too analytical. The Qur'an and the hadith of the prophet (salallahu alayhi wasalam) is the way Allah wishes us to obey him. Allah presented the Qur'an as the correct way to submit to Him and obey Him. Its not for us to question His instructions. To say the Qur'an isn't the right way to worship Allah isn't a good thing to say.

It is difficult to follow and yes it is strict in some ways and tiresome at times but this life is set to test us. It is not easy for me neither and I certainly don't have your focus and organizational skills to set a rigid schedule to learn salat in Arabic right from the get go.

For example, being a woman there are additional 'rules' I must follow. Wearing head coverings, including around the neck. I have no problem doing this for prayer and when I go to the Masjid. The problem I am having is wearing it outside when I am doing everyday things like picking up groceries. The unseasonally hot weather here isn't helping. Its hard enough to keep the rest of my body covered up to maintain my modesty. I am prone to heat stroke so having head coverings in addition to full body coverage is very uncomfortable for me. That and I am very self conscious when it comes to standing out in any way and given the fact my town has no other Muslim living within it, I would stand out. A problem I should be able to overcome but is proving harder than I expected.

I am managing to cover my hair at night when I go for a walk but I don't walk every night.

It sounds like excuses as to obey Allah's will should be the only thing on my mind. It bugs me quite a bit when I go out hair uncovered, enough so that I only go out now when I have to. Its tough being the only Sister in the area and the closest ones are in the city, which is a bit of a drive. One thing I intend to do this weekend when I go to the Masjid for the monthly potluck is talk with my Sisters and see if I can arrange to go shopping with one or two of them, Inshallah. I won't feel as...exposed if I am in a group. I think I just need this to return to my old mentality of 'I don't care what others think, regarding how I look' which is what i had when I was a much bigger sister and wore lose clothing to hide rolls.

In summery Brother, stick with it. Your heart will become Muslim the longer you struggle against the doubts Shaytan whispers into your ear. We all have our struggles and the greatest 'jihad' is the struggle within our own hearts.
Oh I don't have an issue with the Quran my issue is with hadiths mostly. I find it discouraging to ever hate Islam and I truly wish not to. So please dont push me before I resent something that is possibly good for me :hmm:

dqsunday
05-25-2012, 06:13 AM
Sorry Brother FreakOffALeash, I never meant to push and forgive me if my words above came out as pushy.

The overall Hadiths...so much to learn, I am taking those one step at a time. The two of us are very fresh in Islam, and it can take years before we learn all we should know. Well maybe it will take me years, you probably a few more months Insha allah :)

BadOlPuttyTat
05-25-2012, 07:00 AM
Sorry Brother FreakOffALeash, I never meant to push and forgive me if my words above came out as pushy.

The overall Hadiths...so much to learn, I am taking those one step at a time. The two of us are very fresh in Islam, and it can take years before we learn all we should know. Well maybe it will take me years, you probably a few more months Insha allah :)
I read 350 words a minute :statisfie , and I can read 500 mentally and memorize them. I am going back through the Quran and Upanishads as of now.

Hulk
05-25-2012, 07:02 AM
Take your time in learning bro!

If you are having issues with the hadith, I suggest you don't read the hadiths on your own for now.

The problem will learning on our own through the net or even books is that we are at the mercy of our own interpretation of someone else's translation. Neither the Quran nor Hadiths are text that should be taken lightly, and if not approached with proper prerequisites one can end up finding themselves even more lost than before.

PS: If you intend on reading Quran again I suggest reading this one which has plenty of additional info, and as always, before you begin to do anything worth doing, say "Bismillah"/In the name of God. So that you will do it right InshaAllah/God Willing :statisfie

BadOlPuttyTat
05-25-2012, 07:46 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Hulk
Take your time in learning bro!

If you are having issues with the hadith, I suggest you don't read the hadiths on your own for now.

The problem will learning on our own through the net or even books is that we are at the mercy of our own interpretation of someone else's translation. Neither the Quran nor Hadiths are text that should be taken lightly, and if not approached with proper prerequisites one can end up finding themselves even more lost than before.

PS: If you intend on reading Quran again I suggest reading this one which has plenty of additional info, and as always, before you begin to do anything worth doing, say "Bismillah"/In the name of God. So that you will do it right InshaAllah/God Willing :statisfie
it is ok bro, I have quit Islam as of now. I have simply found a more better way to live my life. I require happiness and peace, Islam offers me frustration and confusion. I do not intend to insult your beliefs but trust me when I say I know what I am capable of and being a Muslim is not one of them. I am sorry but I have no more interest nor daith in Islamic teachings imsad . Please understand it is not you or anyone else fault.

Snowflake
05-25-2012, 07:55 AM
I am going to read ALL the Sanatana Dharmic text in full and read the ENTIRE QURAN!
Allah is the One Who guides. So do what you said, but also pray sincerely to Allah to show you the Right Path.
If I be honest, some hadiths have caused me to raise an eyebrow too, but then some are fabricated, or weak. But that would never cause me to leave Islam because Islam was revealed through the Quran, not hadith. And we are to reject anything which contradicts the Quran.
If you don't mind me asking, is it all the hadith you don't agree with, or just some. And can you give examples of some you don't agree with. I hope you don't mind. I'm really curious as I've never really come across this kind of issue before.

BadOlPuttyTat
05-25-2012, 08:00 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Snowflake

Allah is the One Who guides. So do what you said, but also pray sincerely to Allah to show you the Right Path.
If I be honest, some hadiths have caused me to raise an eyebrow too, but then some are fabricated, or weak. But that would never cause me to leave Islam because Islam was revealed through the Quran, not hadith. And we are to reject anything which contradicts the Quran.
If you don't mind me asking, is it all the hadith you don't agree with, or just some. And can you give examples of some you don't agree with. I hope you don't mind. I'm really curious as I've never really come across this kind of issue before.
It is all. I do not support or advocate things outside of a religious doctrine. My extended family is Baptist and I can see how corrupt it makes Christianity because of "traditions". I find anything that exist only to subliminally support or aid in a main teachings is just corruption. As far as I am concerned any to all hadiths or teachings outside of any religions are not to be followed. I now relate to the Quranist movement now

~ Sabr ~
05-25-2012, 08:16 AM
:salamext: brother,

All I am going to say to you is: think of what you thought of before converting, and you will be sure of Islaam again.

BadOlPuttyTat
05-25-2012, 08:48 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Haafizah
:salamext: brother,

All I am going to say to you is: think of what you thought of before converting, and you will be sure of Islaam again.
If only that was the issue :cry: . But Islam is becoming more and more useless to me now. And i am very sorry for letting you down since you became a big influence. I am very sorry

~ Sabr ~
05-25-2012, 09:06 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by FreakOffALeash
If only that was the issue . But Islam is becoming more and more useless to me now. And i am very sorry for letting you down since you became a big influence. I am very sorry
Hey hey hey bro! It's ok.... calm down.... All guidance is from Allaah.... If he made me an influence in you accepting Islaam, then he will make someone else an influence in you STAYING in Islaam....

Belive it or not, born Muslims go through with this issue a lot as well as reverts - but the main thing is that we have to stay focused.... We have to think of all the things we like about Islaam, the things that make sense to us, the things that made our Imaan grow, and everything else will just fall into place. :statisfie

I think I know what is going on - you were really excited about praying, you took your Shahadah, and now the Shaytaan wants to take all that away from you because he is scared that you might become a really good Muslim. :raging:

Brother you are still young but look at how Allaah guided you at such a young age!

Let me share a story of Imaan that might help you:

A sister's Imaan had been fluctuating ever since she became "practising". She prayed since she was 10 years old, but she only started to really look into Islaam deeper after her 18th birthday (co-incidence since you are 18 now? :hiding:)

When she became practising and started to gain more knowledge - she started to fall in love with someone (lets not go into that now, whole other story) but that person did not love her back. She dug even deeper in Islaam and found the words of the Prophet Muhammad :saws: (hadiths) to be her comfort. She controlled herself and got even more close to Allaah.

But shaytaan was not happy. He put even more hurdles in her way, again and again, in different shapes and forms. With men, her parents, her brothers and sisters, etc. She even stopped praying for nearly 2 years and nearly lost her Imaan, a BORN MUSLIM, and this sister, believe me, would NEVER miss a prayer. Only recently she started praying again (about 3-4 months back?) and now her faith is stronger than ever, and she trusts Allaah more than ever.

Brother shaytaan will try and put SO MANY different hurdles in your way, but it is up to you whether you want to fight through them or admit defeat to Shaytaan.

I hope the story helped inshaAllaah. Make sure you stay in good company of Muslims, as that matters a great deal.

BadOlPuttyTat
05-25-2012, 09:22 AM

Hey hey hey bro! It's ok.... calm down.... All guidance is from Allaah.... If he made me an influence in you accepting Islaam, then he will make someone else an influence in you STAYING in Islaam....

Belive it or not, born Muslims go through with this issue a lot as well as reverts - but the main thing is that we have to stay focused.... We have to think of all the things we like about Islaam, the things that make sense to us, the things that made our Imaan grow, and everything else will just fall into place. :statisfie

I think I know what is going on - you were really excited about praying, you took your Shahadah, and now the Shaytaan wants to take all that away from you because he is scared that you might become a really good Muslim. :raging:

Brother you are still young but look at how Allaah guided you at such a young age!

Let me share a story of Imaan that might help you:

A sister's Imaan had been fluctuating ever since she became "practising". She prayed since she was 10 years old, but she only started to really look into Islaam deeper after her 18th birthday (co-incidence since you are 18 now? :hiding:)

When she became practising and started to gain more knowledge - she started to fall in love with someone (lets not go into that now, whole other story) but that person did not love her back. She dug even deeper in Islaam and found the words of the Prophet Muhammad :saws: (hadiths) to be her comfort. She controlled herself and got even more close to Allaah.

But shaytaan was not happy. He put even more hurdles in her way, again and again, in different shapes and forms. With men, her parents, her brothers and sisters, etc. She even stopped praying for nearly 2 years and nearly lost her Imaan, a BORN MUSLIM, and this sister, believe me, would NEVER miss a prayer. Only recently she started praying again (about 3-4 months back?) and now her faith is stronger than ever, and she trusts Allaah more than ever.

Brother shaytaan will try and put SO MANY different hurdles in your way, but it is up to you whether you want to fight through them or admit defeat to Shaytaan.

I hope the story helped inshaAllaah. Make sure you stay in good company of Muslims, as that matters a great deal.
Inspiring but at the same time not enough :statisfie . If Inever quench the forbidden I will never learn to stray from its becking call.

~ Sabr ~
05-25-2012, 09:25 AM
^ In simple english bro....?

BadOlPuttyTat
05-25-2012, 09:34 AM
^ In simple english bro....?
If I never know what is outside of islam I will always be tempted by it and it will always take my mind off. I will never be sincere about Islam if i am wondering about everything else.

And you seem to be stuck on using the word "bro" a lot it seems ^o)

~ Sabr ~
05-25-2012, 11:40 AM
If I never know what is outside of islam I will always be tempted by it and it will always take my mind off. I will never be sincere about Islam if i am wondering about everything else.
So what are you saying, you want to "try" all other religions?

And you seem to be stuck on using the word "bro" a lot it seems
I can call you sis if you want. Lol.

MustafaMc
05-25-2012, 12:03 PM
But Islam is becoming more and more useless to me now.
I went through a period of 15 years when I was not practicing Islam. I am glad that I did not die in that state. Alhamdulillah, I have been practicing Islam now for almost 11 years. I am far from perfect in my deen and my fate on Judgment Day yet remains to be seen, but I believe that I will fare better than if I had died during my wandering years.

Those who reject the hadith and choose only the Quran are in a very weak position as they refuse to follow Muhammad (saaws) as the Messenger of Allah. There is no compulsion in religion and you are free to follow or not follow what ever religion you like as long as you don't oppose me in my practice of Islam. Given your statements, having 'Islam' as your religion in your profile seems like a poor choice.

~ Sabr ~
05-25-2012, 12:07 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by MustafaMc
I went through a period of 15 years when I was not practicing Islam
SubhanAllaah, what better example can you get than this, brother?

BadOlPuttyTat
05-25-2012, 06:34 PM
So what are you saying, you want to "try" all other religions?
Not "all" religions but the ones that make me stray from Islam.

I can call you sis if you want. Lol.
Oh you funny girl you! I should pinch you for being so mischievous :p

BadOlPuttyTat
05-25-2012, 06:45 PM
I went through a period of 15 years when I was not practicing Islam. I am glad that I did not die in that state. Alhamdulillah, I have been practicing Islam now for almost 11 years. I am far from perfect in my deen and my fate on Judgment Day yet remains to be seen, but I believe that I will fare better than if I had died during my wandering years.

Those who reject the hadith and choose only the Quran are in a very weak position as they refuse to follow Muhammad (saaws) as the Messenger of Allah. There is no compulsion in religion and you are free to follow or not follow what ever religion you like as long as you don't oppose me in my practice of Islam. Given your statements, having 'Islam' as your religion in your profile seems like a poor choice.

Well for starters I am not entirely disconnected from Islam. And also I dont know how to change my religion on my profile :hmm: .

dqsunday
05-25-2012, 07:36 PM
Brother FreakoffaLeash, there isn't anything wrong with reading about other religions even while remaining a Muslim. I am no expert on Hinduism but from what I have researched its pretty much a creedless religion. There isn't any set way to 'worship' and for the most part it is a multi-diety religion. It has quite a bit of meditation and seeking to do good and avoid doing anything that is considered bad karma, including harming living things. You also can't harm cows, for these are sacred in Hindu faith.

I personally think you just need to take more time to become comfortable with a religion before deciding you want to leave Islam... A thought just occurred to me, maybe the chaos of having your sister home is throwing you off still? I do remember you mentioning you like your set routines and having her back home was going to be a trail for you as she is everything you are not.

BadOlPuttyTat
05-25-2012, 08:09 PM
Brother FreakoffaLeash, there isn't anything wrong with reading about other religions even while remaining a Muslim. I am no expert on Hinduism but from what I have researched its pretty much a creedless religion. There isn't any set way to 'worship' and for the most part it is a multi-diety religion. It has quite a bit of meditation and seeking to do good and avoid doing anything that is considered bad karma, including harming living things. You also can't harm cows, for these are sacred in Hindu faith.

I personally think you just need to take more time to become comfortable with a religion before deciding you want to leave Islam... A thought just occurred to me, maybe the chaos of having your sister home is throwing you off still? I do remember you mentioning you like your set routines and having her back home was going to be a trail for you as she is everything you are not.
I am homeschooled and my sister in in college and she just started her LONG summer vacation. She may be 22 but she runs around like a total idiot, constantly needing me because she is to lazy to pick up a cup 4 feet from her (no joke). Personally If she calls me again I am just going to hit her on head and start a war to cut her laziness out. I know it would be the un-Islamic thing to do but she acts brain dead and cannot comprehend anything that is beyond Facebook or her fake friends. She has been robbing me of all my salah along with her stupid desire to burst into my room for no reason other then annoy me. I still do not understand how she is 22 and this idiotic, the only person who looks and acts 22 is me and everybody goes under the impression I am older :exhausted . So lately I have had absolutely no peace whatsoever since the start of this week :hmm:

Qurratul Ayn
05-25-2012, 08:21 PM
:salamext:

it is ok bro, I have quit Islam as of now. I have simply found a more better way to live my life. I require happiness and peace, Islam offers me frustration and confusion. I do not intend to insult your beliefs but trust me when I say I know what I am capable of and being a Muslim is not one of them. I am sorry but I have no more interest nor daith in Islamic teachings . Please understand it is not you or anyone else fault.
:cry:

Insha'Allaah you shall be guided onto the straight path again. You may have felt overwhelmed, and at such a young age, you decided to become Muslim too. You may even be learning too much, take a step back, relax, just pray to Allaah and think.

Just have a little bit of think, relax, think time. Insha'Allaah it will help.

I am homeschooled and my sister in in college and she just started her LONG summer vacation. She may be 22 but she runs around like a total idiot, constantly needing me because she is to lazy to pick up a cup 4 feet from her (no joke). Personally If she calls me again I am just going to hit her on head and start a war to cut her laziness out. I know it would be the un-Islamic thing to do but she i very brain dead and cannot comprehend anything that is beyond Facebook or her fake friends. She has been robbing me of all my salah along with her stupid desire to burst into my room for no reason other then annoy me. I still do not understand how she is 22 and this idiotic, the only person who looks and acts 22 is me and everybody goes under the impression I am older . So lately I have had absolutely no peace whatsoever since the start of this week
:)

I want to laugh but I'm so upset... imsad

Whatever Allaah does, it is always for the best. (I'm not upset about the above comment but the top one... Just in case some of y'all became confused)

~ Sabr ~
05-25-2012, 08:52 PM

it is ok bro, I have quit Islam as of now. I have simply found a more better way to live my life. I require happiness and peace, Islam offers me frustration and confusion. I do not intend to insult your beliefs but trust me when I say I know what I am capable of and being a Muslim is not one of them. I am sorry but I have no more interest nor daith in Islamic teachings imsad . Please understand it is not you or anyone else fault.
What teachings of Islam are you finding frustrating? Please make a list and post on here.

I did tel you, I warned you to slow down and not do things so quickly.

I asked you to take your time and not rush.

You have failed your big sister's expectations. imsad

dqsunday
05-25-2012, 10:26 PM
Unfortunately age is often not an indication of maturity. It may be a good idea to get out of the house more, Brother FreakOffaLeash. Maybe do salah out of doors. Having your sister home and if she truly is determined to be a major distraction, finding peaceful places outside the home. (good time to find a local Masjid too.)

You can always buy a lock for your bedroom door so you can at least lock her out when you need privacy.

BadOlPuttyTat
05-25-2012, 10:46 PM
What teachings of Islam are you finding frustrating? Please make a list and post on here.

I did tel you, I warned you to slow down and not do things so quickly.

I asked you to take your time and not rush.

You have failed your big sister's expectations. imsad

Now your making me sad again :cry: , last thing I need is depression. I will try making a list eventually, I read so much I never memorize it, but I will go back and try finding them.

BadOlPuttyTat
05-25-2012, 10:58 PM
Unfortunately age is often not an indication of maturity. It may be a good idea to get out of the house more, Brother FreakOffaLeash. Maybe do salah out of doors. Having your sister home and if she truly is determined to be a major distraction, finding peaceful places outside the home. (good time to find a local Masjid too.)

You can always buy a lock for your bedroom door so you can at least lock her out when you need privacy.

I do get out plenty but I never go out by myself, for starters I dont drive and I live in a nice middleclass neighborhood with on its right side is Compton, THE WORST and most INFAMOUS ghetto in the US next to the slums of Miami and Chicago. This is the place the 2 most largest gangs in America are born from with some of the US highest crime deaths per year! and on my left I have asian territory filled with crazy nuts with stab each other over xbox video games. This is Los Angeles I live in, the home to the criminally insane.

side note i found the nearest masjid and its 7 miles away and located in the safe sane areas. Actually I think I may have passed by it some years ago as a kid when i went behind a gold center, first time I ever went behind there. So that is good news :statisfie , I thought there would be some mosque or something way off in the "crazy peoples zone".

BlissfullyJaded
05-26-2012, 02:46 AM
You don't need to be sorry for letting any of the forum members down. You didn't become a Muslim to make people happy, you became a Muslim because you believed in Islam. If you rushed into this decision, then you need to take a pause and figure things out. I don't know if you already have, but if you haven't, then ask questions about what makes your doubtful. And since you live in LA, there are a lot of masjids in Southern California. If you can ever get over to Orange County at some point, try to ask some imaams there if they'd be willing to make an appointment where you can meet them and ask them questions.

Why is it that you reject the hadith? And if you do, then how do you perform salaah or make wudhu? The Quran commands salaah, but the hadith tells you how many rakaah each salaah is, that surah Fatiha is required, etc, and with wudhu the hadith tells us how many times to wash each part of our body + the Quran doesn't mention gargling the mouth (unless I'm wrong about that). So do you accept those hadith and reject others, because it's fairly difficult to reject all and still be able to perform salaah.

Also, and I don't mean to come across as judgmental, but how can you love and respect Sayyidina Rasulullah (Salallahu Alayhi Wasallam) and reject his words? How do you resolve that contradiction? Also, the Quran repeatedly mentions to obey Allah and His Rasul, and obeying the Rasul comes from following the hadith. I'm not trying to push you over the edge and make you doubt the Quran too now, I'm only merely stating it's not that simple to detach the Quran from the Sunnah. The two go together.

Make sincere dua that Allah guides you to the path that He loves, and that He grants you knowledge the benefits you. I understand that it's not easy to embrace something you're not 100% comfortable with. But if you have even just a slight love for Sayyidina Rasulullah (Salallahu Alayhi Wasallam) seek guidance so that your heart can put at ease. There are answers for every doubt you have, you just have to seek it, so don't give up.

Sister dqsunday, have you tried wearing different fabrics for hijaab? Cotton might be better in the heat, and most probably lighter colors too.

BadOlPuttyTat
05-26-2012, 03:56 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by BlissfullyJaded
You don't need to be sorry for letting any of the forum members down. You didn't become a Muslim to make people happy, you became a Muslim because you believed in Islam. If you rushed into this decision, then you need to take a pause and figure things out. I don't know if you already have, but if you haven't, then ask questions about what makes your doubtful. And since you live in LA, there are a lot of masjids in Southern California. If you can ever get over to Orange County at some point, try to ask some imaams there if they'd be willing to make an appointment where you can meet them and ask them questions.

Why is it that you reject the hadith? And if you do, then how do you perform salaah or make wudhu? The Quran commands salaah, but the hadith tells you how many rakaah each salaah is, that surah Fatiha is required, etc, and with wudhu the hadith tells us how many times to wash each part of our body + the Quran doesn't mention gargling the mouth (unless I'm wrong about that). So do you accept those hadith and reject others, because it's fairly difficult to reject all and still be able to perform salaah.

Also, and I don't mean to come across as judgmental, but how can you love and respect Sayyidina Rasulullah (Salallahu Alayhi Wasallam) and reject his words? How do you resolve that contradiction? Also, the Quran repeatedly mentions to obey Allah and His Rasul, and obeying the Rasul comes from following the hadith. I'm not trying to push you over the edge and make you doubt the Quran too now, I'm only merely stating it's not that simple to detach the Quran from the Sunnah. The two go together.

Make sincere dua that Allah guides you to the path that He loves, and that He grants you knowledge the benefits you. I understand that it's not easy to embrace something you're not 100% comfortable with. But if you have even just a slight love for Sayyidina Rasulullah (Salallahu Alayhi Wasallam) seek guidance so that your heart can put at ease. There are answers for every doubt you have, you just have to seek it, so don't give up.

Sister dqsunday, have you tried wearing different fabrics for hijaab? Cotton might be better in the heat, and most probably lighter colors too.
I only reject Haddith that are of no value and are not of Muhammad(pbuh). I reject anything that has no foundation simply. Any hadith can say do this or do that and yet be written by a man 400 years past the last messenger of Allah and have no utter value. I do not blindly follow something and I fear that many Muslims just like various denominations of Christians have done. The words of Allah/God are given by the prophets he seemed fit to carry his word, and any person outside of that CANNOT determine anything regarding Allah's/God's will unless he either claims to prophecy or claims divinity. If this was so a lot of imans would be prophets if their word had ultimate weight. The Quran and words of Muhammad are the ONLY text and doctrine I find of any worth as nobody else is claimed to be of prophetic knowledge.
If a hadith contained the text of a person after Muhammad's(pbuh) would you follow it? Knowing fully well you state Muhammad as the last messenger. I surely would not give that man's words any value, I would cast them aside. They may be inspiring but they are of no value to me.
Tell me int he Quran any ayah that state the following of the hadiths? Knowing the full knowledge hadiths were narrated by others then that of Muhammad and were mere men. Knowing full well that the Quran has been claimed as "perfect". The issue with this is that perfection goes alongside the word "completion". "Uncorrupted" goes alongside the word "complete" as well. If you tried removing this fabric of understanding you would fully declare the entire Quran as "flawed" and "imperfect" and "uncomplete". But my opinion is that the Quran is "perfect", the Quran has no other guide and no other prophets. A prophet guides the way to the worship and salvation of a persons soul, if Muhammad(pbuh) failed in this and never spoke of it then his purpose would be in failure. And I do not think his purpose and life was failure, his words were of truth and value. This is what attracted me to Islam for starters but now i am questioning it simply over these "added texts" ^o) . Which have to go through validation and yet ironically the Quran was compiled in the same way.

dqsunday
05-26-2012, 04:01 AM
Pity I couldn't just wear a Thawb...they looks so much more cool...but I do remember reading somewhere we can't wear the clothing of the opposite sex... I am so used to wearing dark colors and I am in a bad time of the year to find appropriate wardrobe to cover myself properly. All the stores have the summer stuff out and the fall stuff (which would likely include lighter long sleeve shirts and things) aren't likely to be in the stores till probably July. That and I dropped alot of weight over the last two years which means all my old clothing was way too big and the long sleeves I had back then, would fall off my shoulders..not too modest anymore. I am going to ask one of the Sisters at my local Masjid if she wants to come shopping with me and hopefully together we can find good summery cool stuff to wear that is modest and appropriate. That and I won't feel so uncomfortable wearing Hijab in public.

Brother FreakoffaLeash (may I call you Brother FoaL instead? ) I am glad you found a Masjid close to you...now that I know you are from LA I definitely knew there are Masjids there. Something that didn't occur to me before, but you could also search by Islamic Centers...which Masjids are also called it seems. Perhaps attending prayer at the Masjid you found (Fridays are good times to go, but may be very crowded, depending on whats going on) and being with fellow Muslims you will feel more certain of your choice.

BadOlPuttyTat
05-26-2012, 04:31 AM
Pity I couldn't just wear a Thawb...they looks so much more cool...but I do remember reading somewhere we can't wear the clothing of the opposite sex... I am so used to wearing dark colors and I am in a bad time of the year to find appropriate wardrobe to cover myself properly. All the stores have the summer stuff out and the fall stuff (which would likely include lighter long sleeve shirts and things) aren't likely to be in the stores till probably July. That and I dropped alot of weight over the last two years which means all my old clothing was way too big and the long sleeves I had back then, would fall off my shoulders..not too modest anymore. I am going to ask one of the Sisters at my local Masjid if she wants to come shopping with me and hopefully together we can find good summery cool stuff to wear that is modest and appropriate. That and I won't feel so uncomfortable wearing Hijab in public.

Brother FreakoffaLeash (may I call you Brother FoaL instead? ) I am glad you found a Masjid close to you...now that I know you are from LA I definitely knew there are Masjids there. Something that didn't occur to me before, but you could also search by Islamic Centers...which Masjids are also called it seems. Perhaps attending prayer at the Masjid you found (Fridays are good times to go, but may be very crowded, depending on whats going on) and being with fellow Muslims you will feel more certain of your choice.

Yes you may call me FoaL or just Devon(everybody knows my real name and it is no secret). I doubt I would ever go to a service at a Masjid as I couldn't keep it a secret. I am being totally drawn away from Islam at the moment and am seriously considering abandoning it all together, I just rejoined my old Hindu forum and see no reason to even continue Islam currently.

~ Sabr ~
05-26-2012, 05:15 AM
^ Where's that list bro???!!!!!!! :raging:

~ Sabr ~
05-26-2012, 05:18 AM
Read InshaAllaah:

format_quote Originally Posted by Hamza Asadullah
Never Overburden yourself in worship

Narrated Abu Huraira (Radi-Allahu 'anhu):

The Prophet (Sallallahu 'Alaihi Wa Sallam) said, "Religion is very easy and whoever overburdens himself in his religion will not be able to continue in that way. So you should not be extremists, but try to be near to perfection and receive the good tidings that you will be rewarded; and gain strength by worshipping in the mornings, the nights." (See Fath-ul-Bari, Page 102, Vol 1).

Bukhari Vol. 1 : No. 38

BlissfullyJaded
05-26-2012, 05:30 AM
If the words are not of Muhammad (Salallahu Alayhi Wasallam), they are not hadith. Just because a companion of Sayyidina Rasulullah (Salallahu Alayhi Wasallam) narrated the hadith though, does not mean it is not the words of Sayyidina Rasulullah (Salallahu Alayhi Wasallam), if that is what you are referring to. As for the ones who compiled the hadith, they took a lot of factors into consideration when doing so to maintain accuracy. I'm confused by what you are labeling as a hadith though, simply because you're saying you're accepting the words of Sayyidina Rasulullah (Salallahu Alayhi Wasallam) but you're not accepting the hadith, when the two are the same thing.

As for the imaams, I'm not sure if you're talking about the Four Imaams or what, but nobody would say that they have ultimate weight. They can't, because they are human and humans are not perfect. But they did achieve a great amount of success and are 99.9% accurate, simply because they never came up with a ruling just out of nowhere, they were very careful before giving a ruling and always based it on the Quran and Sunnah.

Anyways, you've got the resources to turn to and most probably will ask the questions if you ever want to. I'm not trying to force anything on you. :)

BadOlPuttyTat
05-26-2012, 05:44 AM
If the words are not of Muhammad (Salallahu Alayhi Wasallam), they are not hadith. Just because a companion of Sayyidina Rasulullah (Salallahu Alayhi Wasallam) narrated the hadith though, does not mean it is not the words of Sayyidina Rasulullah (Salallahu Alayhi Wasallam), if that is what you are referring to. As for the ones who compiled the hadith, they took a lot of factors into consideration when doing so to maintain accuracy. I'm confused by what you are labeling as a hadith though, simply because you're saying you're accepting the words of Sayyidina Rasulullah (Salallahu Alayhi Wasallam) but you're not accepting the hadith, when the two are the same thing.

As for the imaams, I'm not sure if you're talking about the Four Imaams or what, but nobody would say that they have ultimate weight. They can't, because they are human and humans are not perfect. But they did achieve a great amount of success and are 99.9% accurate, simply because they never came up with a ruling just out of nowhere, they were very careful before giving a ruling and always based it on the Quran and Sunnah.

Anyways, you've got the resources to turn to and most probably will ask the questions if you ever want to. I'm not trying to force anything on you. :)
Thanks for your understanding:statisfie. Personally I require help understanding the logic of hadiths as they are most troublesome to understand who is writing them.

~ Sabr ~
05-26-2012, 05:53 AM
Bro show us a list of what is confusing/over-burdening you in Islam

BadOlPuttyTat
05-26-2012, 05:59 AM
Bro show us a list of what is confusing/over-burdening you in Islam
I will make a separate thread for it but I am tired as of now. Havent had decent sleep in roughly 2 days now :hmm: .

Qurratul Ayn
05-26-2012, 06:12 AM
I doubt I would ever go to a service at a Masjid as I couldn't keep it a secret. I am being totally drawn away from Islam at the moment and am seriously considering abandoning it all together, I just rejoined my old Hindu forum and see no reason to even continue Islam currently.
:cry: :cry: :cry:

Insha'Allaah, you shall regain strength in Islaam again, and come back to it.

BadOlPuttyTat
05-26-2012, 06:58 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Qurratul Ayn
:cry: :cry: :cry:

Insha'Allaah, you shall regain strength in Islaam again, and come back to it.

I am sorry for making you feel bad. But I am not returning to Islam, as I go along I am finding it more and more unacceptable for me. I know my heart and Islam cannot dwell within it. In my dreams I can envision myself as a good Muslim but in my visions I see myself on the other side of Islam walking away from it. I do not come back to the becks and calls of Islam ever.
Dreams are universe you create that never come to past yet visions are realities you see unfolding before you. My vision is unfolding right before me and Islam is not in it. :cry: I do not mean to insult you at all or anyone in this forum but over time I have almost grown to hate Islam. I know it is harsh but I know how I feel, I love all Muslims and people alike. I can say "I do not like the Quran" but I will NEVER say "I do not like Muslims".
Again I am very sorry

marwen
05-26-2012, 08:18 AM
It really hurts to see a very nice brother disturbed and cast away from the right path and unable to accept the only way of delivrance. I just feel uncapable to help imsad. I feel like we failed you and did not provide you what you need. May Allah guide your heart.
Please ask questions about what disturbs you in Islam.
Meanwhile, I like you to hear these verses :

Qurratul Ayn
05-26-2012, 08:23 AM
I am sorry for making you feel bad. But I am not returning to Islam, as I go along I am finding it more and more unacceptable for me. I know my heart and Islam cannot dwell within it. In my dreams I can envision myself as a good Muslim but in my visions I see myself on the other side of Islam walking away from it. I do not come back to the becks and calls of Islam ever.
Dreams are universe you create that never come to past yet visions are realities you see unfolding before you. My vision is unfolding right before me and Islam is not in it. I do not mean to insult you at all or anyone in this forum but over time I have almost grown to hate Islam. I know it is harsh but I know how I feel, I love all Muslims and people alike. I can say "I do not like the Quran" but I will NEVER say "I do not like Muslims".
Again I am very sorry

Apology accepted :) Joking you do not need to be sorry to us. Keep your mind open, don't hate Islaam. It has done nothing wrong, Isha'Allaah you shall come back, when you are older and wiser, maybe.

May God guide us all :) Make Du'a for us all, and ditto from me

BadOlPuttyTat
05-26-2012, 08:25 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by marwen
It really hurts to see a very nice brother disturbed and cast away from the right path and unable to accept the only way of delivrance. I just feel uncapable to help imsad. I feel like we failed you and did not provide you what you need. May Allah guide your heart.
Please ask questions about what disturbs you in Islam.
Meanwhile, I like you to hear these verses :
The more of the Quran you give me the more I do not like it imsad. The more you speak of Islam the more I fall into the words of people who hate it and display racism against its people. So please understand you cannot do anything to make me rejoin Islam. I enjoyed being a Muslim for a while and it was nice :statisfie I hold no regrets against it or my decisions.

Qurratul Ayn
05-26-2012, 08:30 AM
At least, Brother FreakOffALeash, you will now be able to understand the praises we give to God i.e. Masha'Allaah, Insha'Allaah and Subhan'Allaah and :salamext:

"DO YOU SPEAK ENGLISH???"

:D

BadOlPuttyTat
05-26-2012, 08:36 AM
At least, Brother FreakOffALeash, you will now be able to understand the praises we give to God i.e. Masha'Allaah, Insha'Allaah and Subhan'Allaah and :salamext:

"DO YOU SPEAK ENGLISH???"

:D
You have surely put a smile on my face with those words :statisfie . I will say the reasons I am leaving Islam are to controversial for this forum and would only start hatred. I do not like hatred at all.

marwen
05-26-2012, 09:04 AM
I will say the reasons I am leaving Islam are to controversial for this forum and would only start hatred. I do not like hatred at all
No one likes hatered. Obviously today you need some rest. I suggest you take a break. I suppose you need this toolkit :

~ Sabr ~
05-26-2012, 11:24 AM

Dreams are universe you create that never come to past yet visions are realities you see unfolding before you. My vision is unfolding right before me and Islam is not in it. :cry: I do not mean to insult you at all or anyone in this forum but over time I have almost grown to hate Islam. I know it is harsh but I know how I feel, I love all Muslims and people alike. I can say "I do not like the Quran" but I will NEVER say "I do not like Muslims".
Again I am very sorry
I don't understand how you can hate the most beautiful religion ever.

MustafaMc
05-26-2012, 11:41 AM
But I am not returning to Islam, as I go along I am finding it more and more unacceptable for me. I know my heart and Islam cannot dwell within it. My vision is unfolding right before me and Islam is not in it. :cry: I do not mean to insult you at all or anyone in this forum but over time I have almost grown to hate Islam. I know it is harsh but I know how I feel, I love all Muslims and people alike. I can say "I do not like the Quran" but I will NEVER say "I do not like Muslims".
Say: "Obey Allah and obey the Messenger. But if you turn away, then (know well) that the Messenger is responsible for what he has been charged with and you are responsible for what you have been charged with. But if you obey him, you will be guided to the Right Way. The Messenger has no other responsibility but to clearly convey (the command)." Quran 24:54

Each person has the responsibility for his own decisions and actions and it is apparent that yours is that of rebellion and disobedience. I do not see how you can hate Islam, the Quran and the hadith and hope for mercy on that Fateful Day.

BadOlPuttyTat
05-26-2012, 04:04 PM
Say: "Obey Allah and obey the Messenger. But if you turn away, then (know well) that the Messenger is responsible for what he has been charged with and you are responsible for what you have been charged with. But if you obey him, you will be guided to the Right Way. The Messenger has no other responsibility but to clearly convey (the command)." Quran 24:54

Each person has the responsibility for his own decisions and actions and it is apparent that yours is that of rebellion and disobedience. I do not see how you can hate Islam, the Quran and the hadith and hope for mercy on that Fateful Day.

Your words have destroyed my utter faith in Islam now. thank you imsad

Qurratul Ayn
05-26-2012, 05:20 PM
No one likes hatered. Obviously today you need some rest. I suggest you take a break. I suppose you need this toolkit :

I presume that is your personal "take a break" kit??? :)

MustafaMc
05-26-2012, 05:50 PM
I do not accept this blame as there was much in what you wrote that illustrated a lack of faith before I ever commented and in response to posts by others:

I seriously do NOT believe in hadiths and a lot of their teachings so i am avoiding them entirely. …

I just don't think the strict, questionable doctrine of Islam or even the Bible is the "perfect" way. …

I have quit Islam as of now. I have simply found a more better way to live my life. I require happiness and peace, Islam offers me frustration and confusion. …

I now relate to the Quranist movement now. …

But Islam is becoming more and more useless to me now. …

I am being totally drawn away from Islam at the moment and am seriously considering abandoning it all together, I just rejoined my old Hindu forum and see no reason to even continue Islam currently. …

But I am not returning to Islam, as I go along I am finding it more and more unacceptable for me. I know my heart and Islam cannot dwell within it. … I do not come back to the becks and calls of Islam ever. …

over time I have almost grown to hate Islam. ...

I can say "I do not like the Quran" …

The more of the Quran you give me the more I do not like it . The more you speak of Islam the more I fall into the words of people who hate it and display racism against its people. So please understand you cannot do anything to make me rejoin Islam.
Despite my years of not practicing Islam, I never uttered such words of disbelief. There is much inconsistency with what you write that it makes me wonder if you have a hidden agenda going on here or if you are genuinely having a crisis of faith.

BadOlPuttyTat
05-26-2012, 06:13 PM
I do not accept this blame as there was much in what you wrote that illustrated a lack of faith before I ever commented and in response to posts by others:

Despite my years of not practicing Islam, I never uttered such words of disbelief. There is much inconsistency with what you write that it makes me wonder if you have a hidden agenda going on here or if you are genuinely having a crisis of faith.
My agenda isn't hidden because of I had an actual agenda I wouldnt be this irrational honestly :exhausted. I know I am angering so many people here on this forum and I wish to leave it so badly

Hulk
05-26-2012, 06:40 PM
Let's give the bro a break. He is still young and has many years ahead of him (InshaAllah). He has interest in different religions so let him study them. It is our responsibility as muslims to help him out as much as we can as a convert but ultimately it is his choice. Don't be too hard on him as don't really know what his current situation is. I know a lot of you guys care about him so remember him in your du'as InshaAllah. Allahu a'lam.

Qurratul Ayn
05-26-2012, 06:49 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Hulk
Let's give the bro a break. He is still young and has many years ahead of him (InshaAllah). He has interest in different religions so let him study them. It is our responsibility as muslims to help him out as much as we can as a convert but ultimately it is his choice. Don't be too hard on him as don't really know what his current situation is. I know a lot of you guys care about him so remember him in your du'as InshaAllah. Allahu a'lam.
Well written, Brother Hulk.

It is sad to see someone turn away from Islaam. But whatever Allaah does is always for the best.

I know I am angering so many people here on this forum and I wish to leave it so badly
Well, they shouldn't be angry as anger is encouraged by Shaytaan. Don't leave it! Just stay, learn, participate, you will find it beneficial!!!

I've already written to defend you and why you should stay, I feel like a parrot. Keep on repeating myself ^o) Or a mockingbird... Oh dear me.

Peace to y'all

~ Sabr ~
05-26-2012, 07:04 PM

You need to stop blaming other people for your own lack of faith brother.

BadOlPuttyTat
05-26-2012, 07:13 PM
You need to stop blaming other people for your own lack of faith brother.
But I do not blame them, i blame the doctrine of the Quran as bad as that sounds imsad

~ Sabr ~
05-26-2012, 07:15 PM
A Muslim would not disrespect the Qur'aan or it's teachings.

If you cared about Islam enough you wouldn't speak like this.

Qurratul Ayn
05-26-2012, 07:15 PM
i blame the doctrine of the Quran as bad as that sounds
Why?????

BadOlPuttyTat
05-26-2012, 07:54 PM
Why?????
I will explain lioness in another thread just dont bite me :p. I have little meat on me and I wouldnt make a good dinner, a good snack perhaps but not a good dinner :statisfie

Qurratul Ayn
05-26-2012, 08:38 PM
I will explain lioness in another thread just dont bite me . I have little meat on me and I wouldnt make a good dinner, a good snack perhaps but not a good dinner
Lioness eats apples. She's become a Halal eater.

Make sure you explain, OK?

Less of the pessimism, Brother FreakOffALeash, I know the world is harsh and evil and such but still, life is too precious and short to think negatively. I use to be pessimistic, but I changed my ways, too much sadness in the world, not enough positivity or smiling or happiness from the people around me, so now I smile, and try to make others smile. A job and a half, I'm telling ya.

But I do not blame them, i blame the doctrine of the Quran as bad as that sounds
So, why????? ^o)

marwen
05-26-2012, 10:14 PM
I presume that is your personal "take a break" kit???
yes ! :omg: OMG ! you think 'm crazy ? *packing his kit and disappearing*

BadOlPuttyTat
05-26-2012, 10:16 PM
Lioness eats apples. She's become a Halal eater.

Make sure you explain, OK?

Less of the pessimism, Brother FreakOffALeash, I know the world is harsh and evil and such but still, life is too precious and short to think negatively. I use to be pessimistic, but I changed my ways, too much sadness in the world, not enough positivity or smiling or happiness from the people around me, so now I smile, and try to make others smile. A job and a half, I'm telling ya.

So, why????? ^o)
I do not blame the Quran I dont mean that in a negative way the best way to say it is "I do not agree with it"

Qurratul Ayn
05-26-2012, 10:24 PM
yes ! OMG ! you think 'm crazy ? *packing his kit and disappearing*
Come back! Don't disappear! I'm certain we will need it soon, in case the situation becomes dire!

I do not blame the Quran I dont mean that in a negative way the best way to say it is "I do not agree with it"
Be careful what you say (or write), little one, the Qur'aan is the word of God, given to Jibreel (Gabriel) (AS), to pass onto the beloved Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) who then gave it to the world.

Make another thread and discuss :)

marwen
05-26-2012, 10:26 PM
"I do not agree with it"
Freak brother may be you do not understand Quran the right way. May be you do not have enough knowledge. Take it easy and have patience. Because every day we change our understanding about many things, and we discern our path more clearly day by day. You will be surprised by the number of ideas you may may change your opinion about, let the days teach you slowly and smoothly, don't precipitate because you will lose and ommit many important things with hastiness.
Just be objective, leave your emotions apart, and open your mind for all logical possibilities. Don't block your mind because you heard only one point of view, no matter how many supporters it has. If you are not accepting Islam, just don't force yourself into it. But be sincere with yourself, methodical and objective.

MustafaMc
05-26-2012, 10:29 PM
But I do not blame them, i blame the doctrine of the Quran as bad as that sounds imsad
The Quran is what led me to Islam and it seems it is now what is distasteful to you after first disliking the hadith. I am terribly confused by your words as they are inconsistent with what a Muslim would write.

And a party of the people of the Scripture say: "Believe in the morning in that which is revealed to the believers (Muslims), and reject it at the end of the day, so that they may turn back. 3:72

Could it be that you are trying to turn us back from our religion through bringing up your 'doubts' about Islam?

BadOlPuttyTat
05-26-2012, 10:33 PM
Come back! Don't disappear! I'm certain we will need it soon, in case the situation becomes dire!

Be careful what you say (or write), little one, the Qur'aan is the word of God, given to Jibreel (Gabriel) (AS), to pass onto the beloved Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) who then gave it to the world.

Make another thread and discuss :)
I didnt mean to be negative about the Quran sorry :statisfie. Please understand that even though it is not my ultimate measure in life I by no means intend to disrespect the Quran nor its author. I like the Quran still and I like Islam but know that I am talking about what "I" can believe and what I can do. I cannot be a Muslim simply or at least a real one :hmm:

Qurratul Ayn
05-26-2012, 10:38 PM
I didnt mean to be negative about the Quran sorry . Please understand that even though it is not my ultimate measure in life I by no means intend to disrespect the Quran nor its author. I like the Quran still and I like Islam but know that I am talking about what "I" can believe and what I can do. I cannot be a Muslim simply or at least a real one
You make me laugh. :)

You're very indecisive, aren't you?

Too much at stake with "I" in question. Oh dear.

God-willing, you shall find the right way, if not now, then later in life. :)

P.S. make sure to do another thread soon :)

Ğħαrєєвαħ
05-26-2012, 10:42 PM
Greetings of peace FreakoffALeash (interesting name)

I do not blame the Quran I dont mean that in a negative way the best way to say it is "I do not agree with it
From what I've read members have advised you well, masha'Allaah, in this moment in time i suggest you take their advice.

And regarding those issues you disagree with feel free to do so by your own will, but at the same time I believe you've still loads of knowledge to gain and loads of sincere questions to ask, so basically you can't come to a conclusion unless you've read/studied the whole Qur'aan, studied ahadeeth from those with knowledge, there are many verses and hadeeth that one may not understand, one has to understand the context of the narration or also understanding the basic principles of the faith etc, ofcourse from suitable sources. The net isn't the place to do this, as you'll come across loads of interpretations which is very dangerous.

Also, I saw a thread of yours something about 'Iblis is Sanatana', if that is so, from what I recall reading you was asking for help or advice? and realising that it's 'satanic' yet you still choose to follow the faith, but perhaps i'm missing something here? And at the same time you want to follow the abrahamic faith..If you'd wanna follow the abrahamic faith, you'd realise most of the practices of Hindu's aren't part of the 'abrahamic' faith , anyway, Apologies but i'm confused..

However, I suggest you make sincere prayer and ask Allaah to guide you to the right path.

All the best!

M.I.A.
05-26-2012, 11:01 PM
freakofaleash.

there is only one god. any faith of any real value will mirror the quran.. if not in its entirety then in concepts. there descriptions will not always be the same or narrated in the same way but if you find anything "real"

then it is easy to find it wherever it is mentioned. the truth always prevails.. although it does not always translate well.

i guess if you want peace then you have to define peace as it is for you and what sets you apart from it.

following the quran is not that hard or restrictive. its just you and a book.

what sets it at odds with peace? only its interpretation. each to his own understanding.

i dont mind that you agree with sentiment against muslims.. we are not the people of 1400 years ago.

but you started from scratch. you pick and choose who to follow. and amongst the growing sects you might find some views that appeal to you.

but mostly its just you and the book.. that can take an entire lifetime to understand.. how it works practically, spiritually

and my own personal weakness.. historically.

edit. forgot socially..

but changing religion just means you didnt give it the time to sink in. whatever you were looking for, you gave up before you found it.

there might be easier religions but you would have to explain why they were easier.

BadOlPuttyTat
05-26-2012, 11:09 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ğħαrєєвαħ
Greetings of peace FreakoffALeash (interesting name)

From what I've read members have advised you well, masha'Allaah, in this moment in time i suggest you take their advice.

And regarding those issues you disagree with feel free to do so by your own will, but at the same time I believe you've still loads of knowledge to gain and loads of sincere questions to ask, so basically you can't come to a conclusion unless you've read/studied the whole Qur'aan, studied ahadeeth from those with knowledge, there are many verses and hadeeth that one may not understand, one has to understand the context of the narration or also understanding the basic principles of the faith etc, ofcourse from suitable sources. The net isn't the place to do this, as you'll come across loads of interpretations which is very dangerous.

Also, I saw a thread of yours something about 'Iblis is Sanatana', if that is so, from what I recall reading you was asking for help or advice? and realising that it's 'satanic' yet you still choose to follow the faith, but perhaps i'm missing something here? And at the same time you want to follow the abrahamic faith..If you'd wanna follow the abrahamic faith, you'd realise most of the practices of Hindu's aren't part of the 'abrahamic' faith , anyway, Apologies but i'm confused..

However, I suggest you make sincere prayer and ask Allaah to guide you to the right path.

All the best!
When I said "Iblis is Sanatana Dharma" I was trying to say I feel I am being pushed into that path, as in Iblis is whispering in my ear. I do not find Sanatana Dharma Satanic.

Aprender
05-26-2012, 11:15 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by M.I.A.
there might be easier religions but you would have to explain why they were easier.
They are easier to him because he doesn't have to change anything about himself in order to follow them. Trying to be a Muslim was too difficult for him and that's why the waswas won. He had to all of a sudden pray 5 times a day, might have had to change his name, had to go to a masjid to pray in congregation, had to get out of his house and interact with other people in the community after being a homebody for most of his life and he had to learn Arabic too to try and pray?! That was just too much.

The other religions are easier because they already fit with his perceptions of the world however wrong those might be. He wants to define his own rules based on his own thoughts and experiences of morality and those other religions are easier because they allow him to do that. They teach that he can't go wrong. He doesn't really have to change. It's easier to just stay who you are. Whenever people come across something that asks them to change a part of themselves for the better there will be resistance. This is why many people who chose to live certain lifestyles reject the Abrahamic religions as a whole because they don't allow them to do who they want to and be who they want to even if it's destructive to themselves and those around them.

Ğħαrєєвαħ
05-26-2012, 11:16 PM
AsSalaamu Alaaykum,

we are not the people of 1400 years ago.
But certainly the Qur'aan was sent 1400 years ago, the teachings can be applied to all times.

but you started from scratch. you pick and choose who to follow. and amongst the growing sects you might find some views that appeal to you.
Does this not lead one to dis-unity? Isn't Unity the whole aim? If one were to do that, they'd be dividing upon themselves, and this is disliked. Sects was never the aim or goal, rather Unity.

Verily, those who divide their religion and break up into sects (all kinds of religious sects) , you (O Muhammad صلى الله عليه وسلم) have no concern in them in the least. Their affair is only with Allah, Who then will tell them what they used to do.[Al Qur'aan 6:159]

And apologies, i've no intention to take thread of board. If so, feel free to delete my post.

BadOlPuttyTat
05-26-2012, 11:50 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Aprender
They are easier to him because he doesn't have to change anything about himself in order to follow them. Trying to be a Muslim was too difficult for him and that's why the waswas won. He had to all of a sudden pray 5 times a day, might have had to change his name, had to go to a masjid to pray in congregation, had to get out of his house and interact with other people in the community after being a homebody for most of his life and he had to learn Arabic too to try and pray?! That was just too much.

The other religions are easier because they already fit with his perceptions of the world however wrong those might be. He wants to define his own rules based on his own thoughts and experiences of morality and those other religions are easier because they allow him to do that. They teach that he can't go wrong. He doesn't really have to change. It's easier to just stay who you are. Whenever people come across something that asks them to change a part of themselves for the better there will be resistance. This is why many people who chose to live certain lifestyles reject the Abrahamic religions as a whole because they don't allow them to do who they want to and be who they want to even if it's destructive to themselves and those around them.
Ive had enough of your lies for thelast time sadly

Ğħαrєєвαħ
05-26-2012, 11:53 PM

When I said "Iblis is Sanatana Dharma" I was trying to say I feel I am being pushed into that path, as in Iblis is whispering in my ear. I do not find Sanatana Dharma Satanic.
But then what is the purpose of asking for help or advice?

I can see that your no longer a muslim, a hindu? Please correct me if I am wrong.

If so, Can you state how Islaam affected your life? What it is that has bothered you? Not that I should be asking this now , because it hasn't been long enough to come to a conclusion in my opinion, as Islaam doesn't come all in one go or a few days, it can take years, but regardless of years, one must have sincerety.

And how your new faith is affecting you? How it has changed your life for the better?

Hamza Asadullah
05-26-2012, 11:55 PM

Greetings

Having just read many of your posts just now I see clear inconsistencies in your posts. First you say you don't agree with Islam, then you say you do but you agree with Quran and not hadith. Then you say you don't agree with Quran, then you say you do. Then you say you agree with Quran but not its doctrine. Then you say it's not the Qur'an fault. Then you say the more you hear of the Qur'an the more you hate it, then you go back and come out with a contradictory statement. Then you say you don't like Islam then you say you do. This cycle keeps happening. Either you like the attention or you have split personality disorder.

There are two things you must do from now on:

1. When you make a statement like you don't agree with this or that in Islam then you state WHY and you give examples. You will not get away with any more empty statements you have already made far too many without explaining why.

2. You do not make a statement like the Prophet killed a puppy without backing it up with evidence. Back up your statements. You have already made far too many without providing evidence for it.

I hope you will take heed from now on in order for us to actually understand what issues you have because until now you have been far to inconsistent with the statements you have made which have mainly been very contradictory .

Ğħαrєєвαħ
05-26-2012, 11:59 PM

May I ask, in what part of the sister's statement has she lied? Have you taken on board all that is written in the first paragraph?

M.I.A.
05-26-2012, 11:59 PM
AsSalaamu Alaaykum,

But certainly the Qur'aan was sent 1400 years ago, the teachings can be applied to all times.

Does this not lead one to dis-unity? Isn't Unity the whole aim? If one were to do that, they'd be dividing upon themselves, and this is disliked. Sects was never the aim or goal, rather Unity.

Verily, those who divide their religion and break up into sects (all kinds of religious sects) , you (O Muhammad صلى الله عليه وسلم) have no concern in them in the least. Their affair is only with Allah, Who then will tell them what they used to do.[Al Qur'aan 6:159]

And apologies, i've no intention to take thread of board. If so, feel free to delete my post.

sure the quran is timeless, but its the interpretations that have changed over 1400 years. nobody will ever be able to explain it fully again.

the way i see it there are 6 billion people all under one god. they are not all the same.

and that leads on to unity. unite for what? what is the goal or objective.

if people stay as they are then gods will is still done. no harm can befall a person without the decree of god.

the way i see it is that islam is just damage limitation. you cant hope for heaven by giving everybody else hell.
becoming aware of what this place is and how it works is just part of the religion.

its not a game for people to play and prosper under. its the consequences of life and death, when its ones own life its easy to relate but when you think of all the people you interact with then it becomes something different.

..incidentally what iv said above is of little consequence, if there is ever a proof of god then it comes to light when you realise that no matter the knowledge you acquire and the experience you gain.

you are still at the mercy of allah swt.. or at the mercy of the people.
maybe not if you continue as a battle of wills. moreso in submitting, in learning to see what actually happens when you allow it, where the boundaries of resistance are.. before you ever have to cross them.

the ayah you quoted, when you have fear of your own actions and there consequences then maybe you might begin to see what is said and done.
even then maybe its not as it seems but its a circular argument.

with the only exit as a firm foundation of faith in something bigger than oneself.

freakofaleash mentioned the shaytan..
if anything is given free reign in this world then it is that.

islam is damage limitation for now. maybe unity is when the devil has no one foolish to grab hold of.

good luck getting a people that educated, aware, scared (of god not dictators)

as for sects, i see six billion. they can never be the same in understanding or character or knowledge or intent or experience or action.

but maybe the basic tenets of faith. maybe the same basic understanding and moral code.. the same fear and love.

ask yourself what would spiderman do.. no im kidding but only just.

but i have no doubt there is a god, the fact that most people live on autopilot is testament to that.

aprender, some people dont have to change some people do, thats the funny thing.. for now anyway.

there is a god, the funny thing is that once you see past the reality of this world. you cannot unsee.

edit. i have to explain that i cant claim to have knowledge of god, but i can tell you about the people.

if you remember somebody the best way is to tell about the things they have taught you.
the worst thing to do is backbite.

those things are easiest to see.. like i said, everything gets done.. islam is the best way of doing them.

BadOlPuttyTat
05-27-2012, 12:01 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Hamza Asadullah
Greetings

Having just read many of your posts just now I see clear inconsistencies in your posts. First you say you don't agree with Islam, then you say you do but you agree with Quran and not hadith. Then you say you don't agree with Quran, then you say you do. Then you say you agree with Quran but not its doctrine. Then you say it's not the Qur'an fault. Then you say the more you hear of the Qur'an the more you hate it, then you go back and come out with a contradictory statement. Then you say you don't like Islam then you say you do. This cycle keeps happening. Either you like the attention or you have split personality disorder.

There are three things you must do from now on:

1. When you make a statement like you don't agree with this or that in Islam then you state WHY and you give examples. You will not get away with any more empty statements you have already made far too many without explaining why.

2. You do not make a statement like the Prophet killed a puppy without backing it up with evidence. Back up your statements. You have already made far too many without providing evidence for it.

I hope you will take heed from now on in order for us to actually understand what issues you have because until now you have been far to inconsistent with the statements you have made which have mainly been very contradictory .
Of course because I cannot still find what is wrong with Islam and its followers. I cannot specify it because it seems to be everything

Hamza Asadullah
05-27-2012, 12:06 AM

Of course because I cannot still find what is wrong with Islam and its followers. I cannot specify it because it seems to be everything
Again another empty, baseless and contradictory statement. You will not get away with such statements from now on. So stop going around in circles and explain to us what exactly you have issues with.

BadOlPuttyTat
05-27-2012, 12:31 AM
These are my fundamental believes in god before becoming a Muslim or even becoming a Christian. I just realized they fit a certain dogma , and I never realized it before at all honestly until now. I am to lazy to spell check as of now and I wrote this in a hurry. I don't have the energy to even finish the other 3 paragraphs that follow this one and the other one that comes before.

I believe in a Panetheistic God. I believe God cannot exist in nothing. If a Heaven or Hell are a different universe then Satan or God must dwell in them? If there is no universe nothing can exist in it because without the concept of a universe there is nothing in it.

Whats is a universe? It is a dimension or area of existence separated from another.

As long as a universe doesnt exist nothing exist in that universe because it isnt there. I believe that god is a universe and that essence of time is god, omnipresent and all knowing because that universe consist of god. I also believe god can and is multiple universes and multiple existences throughout that universe. God = time even the Quran and Bible state this but it doesnt go into explicit detail. Time is the existence of all things and their beginning and end "Alpha and Omega". The scientific formula throughout history for god was time. God is time itself. God can end or start, create or destroy, exist yet not be seen because he is time. People think of heaven as a different place or universe without realizing we are living inside of one as we speak. I believe God is multiple and ALL universes. All universes and realities are god and his creations within his hands. Think of your hand and think of a coin in it. You created that coin and it is yours and you hold it in your hand. What if you where all powerful like god, you could crush and destroy that coin and wipe its reality/existence form the face of the world. But know that god has no weakness, no size, and no limitation. So he has power over all that he creates. God is not a person or shape or form. He is simply Existence, or time you may say. God can easily exist through anything he desires because he has cerated it. Jesus can have easily been God or a prophet and God could have easily and literally dwelled within him. God does miracles and he cannot do them from afar. He comes into existence as "existence" itself. Nobody knows what God does or has done simply because we cannot see beyond our world and most likely never will, what god creates is what he owns and what he owns he has the right(and power) to keep away from us. Do i believe in avatars and reincarnation? Yes because any Muslim or Christian would if they believe in the same ocncept of Jannah or Heaven. If this is one universe then Heaven or Hell is another. If we die our soul departs from this universe to enter another, the issue is we do not know if we are only a spirit or obtain a new(same) body. According to Islam we do. We are capable of experiecning women and hedonistic pleasures so we must gain another body of sorts, a perfect body I may add. So by default that is reincarnation. Reincarnation has nothing to do with being in this world or being reincarnated into an animal or plant or what not. it is the broad term for anything that exits its physical body and is brought into another. And if you disagree with this you cannot be a Muslim. Because you would thusly say that Janah is a "PHYSICAL" place.

I do not think any of my views fit Islam and this is the main reason. I DO NOT have an issue with salah and I really enjoyed it, along with the fact that no God only accepts Arabic. Islam is what Shintoism is to the Japanese, a spiritual form of fascism meant for that culture. Nothing is wrong with fascism as long as you kill nobody from it and can withhold intelligence and rationality. Islam is Christian "Arabicism", It is Christianity for Arabs. Nothing wrong with that either but as I said, it is fully meant for the culture of the Arabic people.

I do not want to participate in this forum at all, I cannot stand theoretical absolutes. It makes many of you worst then evolutionist pushing evolution as a fact without it even being proven yet. This manner of speaking makes many of you seem weak and brainwashed, even though you are not any of those it gives outsiders this appearance towards you. People judge theologies, philosophies and social effects by its founders and followers. I am sorry for hurting any of you and understand I am not angry at you but I do not want to feel anger or hatred towards you. I want to be able to talk to a person who says "f*ck Islam, and kill all Muslims. They are a religion of violence" and tell him he is a wrong about Muslims. I do not want to be on the other end chanting with these people encouraging hate against another religion, culture and people. I do not want to spread hate so I hereby leave this forum.
DELETE ME

I apologize for the last time against the people I have let down and wonderful people I have met here :statisfie. Signing out for the last time

Muhaba
05-27-2012, 12:42 AM
Brother, i think you are only running away from Islam because of the obligations. Maybe they are too much for you. please take it easy and don't assume that you have to do everything all at once. you may feel overburdened with the obligatory duties but know that Allah is most Merciful and He is well aware of people's weaknesses.

When Islam was first revealed, the people were told to do just two prayers a day of two Rakat each. that's how easy Allah made it for people. Likewise, when Alcohol was to be prohibited, people weren't told in one day to stop drinking alcohol. It was done gradually. First the muslims were told that there are some benefits in it and some harm but the harmful effects are more. After that, they were told not to pray in the state of drinking. In this way they were discouraged from drinking, becuase they wouldn't do it close to prayer times. (note that they weren't told not to drink when praying, but not to pray in the state of drunkenness.) Finally, when they were deep enough into the religion, alcohol was completely prohibited.

Likewise, in a hadith it is written that a person should first be told to become Muslim (read the shahada). When he/she does, then he should be told to pray. after he has started praying, then he/she should be told about the fasting. etc . (I don't remember the exact words of hadith.)
So it's not like a new muslim will be told or expected to do all the obligatory duties. It takes time for one to adapt to the new religion and get used to it's obligation. you can't make a 180 degree turn at once.

So take it easy. Learn the religion well but don't leave it. And ask Allah to guide you and make you steadfast.

Aprender
05-27-2012, 12:49 AM
Where have I insulted you? Nothing that I have stated above was a lie. You said yourself that you do not accept Islam because it doesn't fit in with your own personal views. If anything your inconsistencies have been untruthful but I believe that you are genuinely confused and that happens in life. We don't always have it all figured it out. I have met people just like you in different situations. All I did was offer my perspective. If you cannot accept that, then so be it but I will not accept you hurling insults at me because you are uncertain about yourself right now in life.

It's simply uncalled for.

A-Brother
05-27-2012, 12:50 AM
Just Read The Recent Thread Created By The FreakOffALeash -

May Allah Guide This Individual On To The Straight Path

Ğħαrєєвαħ
05-27-2012, 01:04 AM
sure the quran is timeless, but its the interpretations that have changed over 1400 years. nobody will ever be able to explain it fully again.
See this thread:

--> http://www.islamicboard.com/general/...ml#post1519555 <--

Muslim Woman
05-27-2012, 01:46 AM
:sl:

if u sincerely want to ask questions and know about Islam , then feel free to come back.

may Allah guide you and us .

Ğħαrєєвαħ
05-27-2012, 01:53 AM
These are my fundamental believes in god before becoming a Muslim or even becoming a Christian. I just realized they fit a certain dogma , and I never realized it before at all honestly until now.
I hope you are open to studying them.

As long as a universe doesnt exist nothing exist in that universe because it isnt there. I believe that god is a universe and that essence of time is god, omnipresent and all knowing because that universe consist of god. I also believe god can and is multiple universes and multiple existences throughout that universe. God = time even the Quran and Bible state this but it doesnt go into explicit detail.
Can you provide the evidence, please? I am aware that God is the creator of time and not time itself.

God can end or start, create or destroy, exist yet not be seen because he is time. People think of heaven as a different place or universe without realizing we are living inside of one as we speak.
I believe God is eternal. He is powerful to do all that suits his majesty. He is not seen, but all that exists is evidence of his existence.

If this is heaven, then what about those who are suffering?, illnesses, sadness, etc etc.

I believe God is multiple and ALL universes. All universes and realities are god and his creations within his hands. Think of your hand and think of a coin in it.
I believe God is the creator of the universes.

What if you where all powerful like god, you could crush and destroy that coin and wipe its reality/existence form the face of the world. But know that god has no weakness, no size, and no limitation. So he has power over all that he creates. God is not a person or shape or form. He is simply Existence, or time you may say. God can easily exist through anything he desires because he has cerated it. Jesus can have easily been God or a prophet and God could have easily and literally dwelled within him.
Indeed you are correct, he has power of all, but he has given us free will. If a man was God on earth, then that would put God in a low status, where he is weak, in need etc. And man is not able enough to control the many universe that exist or all that exist.

God does miracles and he cannot do them from afar.
God does miracles, however he may. We know that God has created us, this earth, universe, all that exists.

I do not think any of my views fit Islam and this is the main reason. I DO NOT have an issue with salah and I really enjoyed it, along with the fact that no God only accepts Arabic. Islam is what Shintoism is to the Japanese, a spiritual form of fascism meant for that culture. Nothing is wrong with fascism as long as you kill nobody from it and can withhold intelligence and rationality. Islam is Christian "Arabicism", It is Christianity for Arabs. Nothing wrong with that either but as I said, it is fully meant for the culture of the Arabic people.
The fact of reality is that we have many different languages, it would have had to revealed in some language. And your right, God does not only accept arabic, this is why when we ask him we ask in our mother tongue or the language were brought up speaking.
If it was only for the arabs, then Allaah Allmighty would have not sent the final messenger (pbuh) for the whole of humanity.
Before the final prophet, a messenger was sent to every nation, a messenger who spoke in the same tongue as his nation, this is one of the reasons why you will notice that there are a few similaries between every religion, but there are parts where they differ.

I do not want to participate in this forum at all, I cannot stand theoretical absolutes. It makes many of you worst then evolutionist pushing evolution as a fact without it even being proven yet. This manner of speaking makes many of you seem weak and brainwashed, even though you are not any of those it gives outsiders this appearance towards you.
That is indeed a choice of yours, and your own opinion.

I am still confused to what you mean, a certain way we speak? and that we are brainwashed? What part of what has been mentioned hasn't been proven? Nobody is stopping anyone from asking questions, so please feel free to ask questions.

I do not want to spread hate so I hereby leave this forum. DELETE ME
And It is only your decision in wanting to leave, if that pleases you, do so, but It is quite clear that you have a lot of knowledge to gain, how about you do that? if not, that's your will indeed.

It would still be nice to see you participate on board,

Also, i'd like to apologise where I may have come across as offensive or harsh.

BadOlPuttyTat
05-27-2012, 03:55 AM
I do not mean to defame or wrongfully insult anyone or anything Islamic

Can you provide the evidence, please? I am aware that God is the creator of time and not time itself.

Some scientist dont believe in time. You seriously fail to understand the concept of time I can tell since you spoke of it as proven existence. According to the laws of science time cannot have a beginning nor end as it would ruin its total quality and perception. No form of time has a start, as time is calculated and always accurate no biological beings can be free of time and yet evolve. Proving time is the same as proving God. There is no scientific explanation of a reality or universe free of god if time doesnt exist. This is a old debate.
I am gonna show you a video but I cant find it, I have 2,500 vids on my youtube page now :exhausted. I am sure I can find it later (give me a few years and some cocaine to keep me awake)

I believe God is the creator of the universes.
Yet how can he exist in it? God cannot create something out of thin air with a world backed by the laws of science it has established. What is a universe? What is consciousness(our existence in this universe)? You speak as if the word universe is singular yet heaven is a universe, it is outside of this world so that makes it another universe. Your logic is by scripture not by rationality so it falls apart when you think of it.

I believe God is eternal. He is powerful to do all that suits his majesty. He is not seen, but all that exists is evidence of his existence.
If this is heaven, then what about those who are suffering?, illnesses, sadness, etc etc.
Your logic fails again because I never said this is heaven. Heaven is another universe. It is not in this world or this universe. A world is all that you can see, feel and know. Our "world" barely goes outside our own windows in reality, as we see lots of things but we do not feel them and experience them.
Have you looked at a magazine and see the interior of a home? How do you know how that home feels? Is a picture "a thousand words"?
Many people suffer and much of it is at the cost of another persons' consciousness or existence. God does not control our physical state in this world, WE DO. This is a typical Biblical concept and teachings, This world is the dominion of Satan as we brought sin(Satan) into this world. Your concept of god fails as it implies God rules this world. Many countries are created but are never controlled by the creator.

God does miracles, however he may. We know that God has created us, this earth, universe, all that exists.
What is a miracle? It is an event that is our of our understanding simply put. But nothing is outside of the understanding of existence or consciousness or reality. Those elements are all the same and they are everythign God HAS TO BE. Without them god has no mind, and surely you cannot say god has no mind.
If god created the universe and time how can he exist? How can he doe anything? If god created consciousness then that means he was never aware he existed and he never existed in the first place. If time is presence and existence then God never existed and nor do we. You have yet again "put your foot in your mouth" (it is a old metaphor i like :p).
You can prove god's existence by science simply put. Scientist NEVER prove or put effort into this because there main debate is "who created god". You treat words like disposable items without knowing their meanings nor their implications. God created this world with words, words creates wars and end them. God did not create words or language. These are all states of reality and consciousness, we are merely thought of in Gods' mind and we come into existence. God obviously is many things, including "existence", "words", and "knowledge/understanding". All knowledge we have exist because of our understanding of our own world. But this world is created by god. How can god think without words? He obviously had them from the start and what is a start without time? How can god create time and yet without time nothing exist?

The fact of reality is that we have many different languages, it would have had to revealed in some language. And your right, God does not only accept arabic, this is why when we ask him we ask in our mother tongue or the language were brought up speaking.
If it was only for the arabs, then Allaah Almighty would have not sent the final messenger (pbuh) for the whole of humanity.
Before the final prophet, a messenger was sent to every nation, a messenger who spoke in the same tongue as his nation, this is one of the reasons why you will notice that there are a few similarities between every religion, but there are parts where they differ.
The teachings of the god of Abraham only became in the Arab lands near that of the Red Sea. Nowhere have there even been recording of them practiced or taught in some small way or shape or form. Look at the asian nations, they dont even have real religions and never have! No prophets there. So your saying god is racist and only teaches to a certain culture? The Arabic language wasnt the only language god spoke to. Latin (prophet Paul), and then Hebrew which was for a lot of other prophets. Yet oddly Arabic is superior. To this day English is on the top ten most complex languages as ours is so universal from its various roots yet the hardest is in the south american tribes and ironically the South Asian dialects which are viewed as separate languages! Existing since Muhammad's time and beyond also. Arabic like English went through phases and some are totally lost to this day. So Arabic is not complex or perfect as it fails to comprehend sooo many things, on many languages there are no words for certain things so you must describe them. South Asians beat us and Arabic to it already. South Asian was one of the first languages to have full affixes in it I may add.
But why do salah in Arabic? Muhammad did not come to my nation. God never sent a prophet in failure. If God sent an Arabic man to prophecy to the Arabs it is to teach the Arabs the same way he taught the Israelites, Romans and nobody else outside of that :p. So yet again you have holes in your statements. I can break everything down in a exact math, you cant prove faith as it has no understandable answer but every mathematical problem has a solution and formula to find any "common denominator".

1 + 1 + 1= 1
1/3 + 1/3 + 1/3 = 1 to create the solution 3 thirds = a whole
I solved the Trinity issue for you right there :statisfie.

That is indeed a choice of yours, and your own opinion.
I am still confused to what you mean, a certain way we speak? and that we are brainwashed? What part of what has been mentioned hasn't been proven? Nobody is stopping anyone from asking questions, so please feel free to ask questions.
When I say brainwashed I am referring tot he way you speak in absolute. You speak in a manner that has no debate nor justification. it is "I am right your wrong" yet each and everytime people can poke holes all over you and your response is "Jannah is for the believer".

"Say (O Muhammad) unto those who disbelieve: Ye shall be overcome and gathered unto Hell, an evil resting-place." Al E Imran Sura 3 aya 12

You can quote that yet it is a word. I can write that also and it can hold wait to many others. You cannot say by faith you are right you must say be proof and proof is written all i the bible and yet not the Quran (mostly). Muhammad has very if not no miracles accompanied by his name and deeds. The splitting of the moon is often denounced by some if not many Muslims and interpreted in another meaning.

And It is only your decision in wanting to leave, if that pleases you, do so, but It is quite clear that you have a lot of knowledge to gain, how about you do that? if not, that's your will indeed.
It would still be nice to see you participate on board,
Also, i'd like to apologize where I may have come across as offensive or harsh.
I know when I am not welcomed :p. I do not denounced the Quran but i find no truth in it according to any logic and this perhaps may be because of my lack of reading it but I will continue reading it for the sake of it and because you think it is important. But know that I will and always will break EVERYTHING down and go over it with a fine tooth comb followed by infrared imaging then recheck it lol. I am thorough and I am fully capable of sifting through 1.2 million registry entries and files in a XP computer to sniff out 4 virus manually. And I have done such things before because I can read and calculate just that much data. I am not a pessimist out of hate (I feel no hate at all nor love), i am a pessimist because I can see through every single false hope. I can go through any persons words or ideals and rip them apart without care. That is how I think, I am very critical and analytical I can see the worst in everything so long as it exist, is plausible to exist or can be brought into existence.

MustafaMc
05-27-2012, 04:04 AM
1 + 1 + 1= 1
1/3 + 1/3 + 1/3 = 1 to create the solution 3 thirds = a whole
I solved the Trinity issue for you right there .
No Christian would agree that Jesus = 1/3 of God as in an equal portion with the Father and the Holy Spirit. I am glad that your religion is now listed as 'Other' and that you are honestly speaking your mind (apparently anyway).

BadOlPuttyTat
05-27-2012, 04:23 AM
No Christian would agree that Jesus = 1/3 of God as in an equal portion with the Father and the Holy Spirit. I am glad that your religion is now listed as 'Other' and that you are honestly speaking your mind (apparently anyway).

Dude I am stating a common Christian theme, 1 + 1 + 1 = 1 is what they say to refer to the Holy Spirit, Jesus and God. And I never said I believed in that i was making fun of that theory. So you just lied to me basically? This is why I wish to leave this forum so quit trying to start wars, this makes you look bad. And as of now NONE of my theology has gone against Christian dogma :p.
I am not only speaking my mind but also a VERY common perspective you dont go deep into theology I know this much. This is a common theme amongst, Hindus, Gnostics and Buddhist and Panetheist sects.
Do you need help putting your foot in your mouth? Speak with knowledge not with your own thoughts with no value.

since you have no rationality this will solve your questions
http://www.gci.org/God/111

MustafaMc
05-27-2012, 04:57 AM
Some scientist dont believe in time. You seriously fail to understand the concept of time I can tell since you spoke of it as proven existence. According to the laws of science time cannot have a beginning nor end as it would ruin its total quality and perception. No form of time has a start, as time is calculated and always accurate no biological beings can be free of time and yet evolve.
Time is one of the dimensions that define our existence and the other is space. Both of these are measures without definition outside of our universe as in what is 1 cm beyond the outer limit of space and what came 1 second before the 'Big Bang'. God exists outside of these dimensions and cannot be constrained by them.
Yet how can he exist in it? God cannot create something out of thin air with a world backed by the laws of science it has established.
God's existence is beyond our capacity to understand. Yes, He can create the universe out of nothing. Have you ever thought about how little actual mass there is in our bodies? Have you seen the small amount of ashes left from a cremation?
Your concept of god fails as it implies God rules this world. Many countries are created but are never controlled by the creator.
Of course God does rule this world and not a leaf falls, but by His will for it to do so.
But why do salah in Arabic? Muhammad did not come to my nation.
Because that is the language the Quran was revealed in. The principles of Islam are universal and can be applied anywhere in the world.
I do not denounced the Quran but i find no truth in it according to any logic and this perhaps may be because of my lack of reading it but I will continue reading it for the sake of it and because you think it is important. But know that I will and always will break EVERYTHING down and go over it with a fine tooth comb followed by infrared imaging then recheck it lol.
The Quran to an unbeliever is just a jumbled up bunch of words. You seem to have too much pride in your heart for its truth to penetrate.

MustafaMc
05-27-2012, 05:04 AM
since you have no rationality this will solve your questions
http://www.gci.org/God/111
I like this quote for that site, "There can be only one all-powerful, all-wise, everywhere-present being, so there can be only one God." Yes, there is one God - Allah (swt); however, He is not omni-present except in His knowledge.

Ğħαrєєвαħ
05-27-2012, 05:35 AM
According to the laws of science time cannot have a beginning nor end as it would ruin its total quality and perception. No form of time has a start, as time is calculated and always accurate no biological beings can be free of time and yet evolve. Proving time is the same as proving God. There is no scientific explanation of a reality or universe free of god if time doesnt exist. This is a old debate.
I do not believe God is time, you are free to believe that if you like. That's like saying 'time' created us, which I find unacceptable. Unless your trying to make a different point here and i'm misunderstanding it.

Yet how can he exist in it? God cannot create something out of thin air with a world backed by the laws of science it has established. What is a universe? What is consciousness(our existence in this universe)? You speak as if the word universe is singular yet heaven is a universe, it is outside of this world so that makes it another universe. Your logic is by scripture not by rationality so it falls apart when you think of it.
I did not say he exists in it. You said 'all universes and realities are God' I do not agree with this, He is creator of the universe.

Your logic fails again because I never said this is heaven. Heaven is another universe. It is not in this world or this universe.
The below quote is what I understood from your post.

People think of heaven as a different place or universe without realizing we are living inside of one as we speak.
But why do salah in Arabic? Muhammad did not come to my nation. God never sent a prophet in failure. If God sent an Arabic man to prophecy to the Arabs it is to teach the Arabs the same way he taught the Israelites, Romans and nobody else outside of that . So yet again you have holes in your statements. I can break everything down in a exact math, you cant prove faith as it has no understandable answer but every mathematical problem has a solution and formula to find any "common denominator".
Like I said, a messenger was sent to all nations, and between most faiths if not all, you will find some similar teachings, but their are parts they differ greatly.

You stated you believe in the messenger (p) as the prophet of God in previous posts, seems like you lose faith fast.

If one has failed then it is you, He Muhammad (P) was a man who was illiterate to whom the revelation (Qur'aan) was revealad, was able to provide numerous solutions to todays world problems. A man who could read nor write was chosen to have the message brought to.

And if it's such a failure, it wouldn't be one of top faith's in the world right now, or atleast as far I recall as the fastest.

People around the world would neither be willing to take out their time to learn a new language, study it etc.

When I say brainwashed I am referring tot he way you speak in absolute. You speak in a manner that has no debate nor justification. it is "I am right your wrong" yet each and everytime people can poke holes all over you and your response is "Jannah is for the believer".
Nobody is 'poking holes' at you, they are informing you, correcting you, or advising you, I by no means see that as wrong. It is you who thinks in such a way.

Don't know about them muslims, but perhaps you should have done your own research if you were seeking.

Read the Qur'aan and study it, the mention of the splitting of the moon is mentioned in Surah Al Qamar - Chapter 54.

And also, again, if you'd studied the life of the prophets, you'd realise that there were some prophets taken as God, (though they did not ask to be worshipped but to worship their creator), due to performing miracles by the authority of God. The prophet (P) greatest miracle is the Qur'aan. Which of course you disagree with.

I know when I am not welcomed . I do not denounced the Quran but i find no truth in it according to any logic and this perhaps may be because of my lack of reading it but I will continue reading it for the sake of it and because you think it is important.
Don't read the Qur'aan for us, read it for yourself and come to a conclusion by your own self. It's silly to speak without knowledge, because you seemed to have concluded without reading or studying the Qur'aan..

BadOlPuttyTat
05-27-2012, 06:12 AM
People think of heaven as a different place or universe without realizing we are living inside of one as we speak.
Yeah I must have said that wrong. :exhausted. I do not believe that. I write my sentences in fragments so I may have just skipped some words but I meant "we are living inside a universe as we speak".

Nobody is 'poking holes' at you, they are informing you, correcting you, or advising you, I by no means see that as wrong. It is you who thinks in such a way.
Don't know about them muslims, but perhaps you should have done your own research if you were seeking.
Read the Qur'aan and study it, the mention of the splitting of the moon is mentioned in Surah Al Qamar - Chapter 54.
And also, again, if you'd studied the life of the prophets, you'd realise that there were some prophets taken as God, (though they did not ask to be worshipped but to worship their creator), due to performing miracles by the authority of God. The prophet (P) greatest miracle is the Qur'aan. Which of course you disagree with.
I MEANT YOU :p. I do not believe anyone is poking holes in my beliefs I believe in the reverse.

I believe you have a big squishy, tender and loving heart the size of a melon :statisfie. Please know that you HAVE NOT made me loose my faith in Islam. I would hug you but I dont want to get to close to you disrespecting your Islamic rules about males and females touchings ( Plus I am afraid you bite :giggling:)

I wish you blessings in life Muslimah :muslimah:. You have a big heart so cut it open and let a few people in it :haha:

Qurratul Ayn
05-27-2012, 08:10 AM
DELETE ME
:haha:

I apologize for the last time against the people I have let down and wonderful people I have met here
You have not let me down. I'm just upset :cry: It's very sad to see someone turn away from Islaam. God-willing, you shall come back.

Forgive me, if I've ever hurt your feelings or intentions in anyway. I did not mean to. I was only trying to help.

Take care of yourself, keep an open mind about everything, get out of the house and explore, meet new poeple and be positive.

Always smile :)

May Allaah guide us through this fickle life and keep us on the straight path.

Goodbye.

Qurratul Ayn
05-27-2012, 08:10 AM
I MEANT YOU . I do not believe anyone is poking holes in my beliefs I believe in the reverse.

I believe you have a big squishy, tender and loving heart the size of a melon . Please know that you HAVE NOT made me loose my faith in Islam. I would hug you but I dont want to get to close to you disrespecting your Islamic rules about males and females touchings ( Plus I am afraid you bite )

I wish you blessings in life Muslimah . You have a big heart so cut it open and let a few people in it
:haha:

~ Sabr ~
05-27-2012, 09:19 AM
What on earth happened overnight that the brother decided to leave this forum?! What have you people said to him!

marwen
05-27-2012, 10:01 AM
I believe in a Panetheistic God. I believe God cannot exist in nothing. If a Heaven or Hell are a different universe then Satan or God must dwell in them? If there is no universe nothing can exist in it because without the concept of a universe there is nothing in it.

Whats is a universe? It is a dimension or area of existence separated from another.

As long as a universe doesnt exist nothing exist in that universe because it isnt there. I believe that god is a universe and that essence of time is god, omnipresent and all knowing because that universe consist of god. I also believe god can and is multiple universes and multiple existences throughout that universe.

God = time even the Quran and Bible state this but it doesnt go into explicit detail. Time is the existence of all things and their beginning and end "Alpha and Omega". The scientific formula throughout history for god was time. God is time itself. God can end or start, create or destroy, exist yet not be seen because he is time. People think of heaven as a different place or universe without realizing we are living inside of one as we speak.

I believe God is multiple and ALL universes. All universes and realities are god and his creations within his hands. Think of your hand and think of a coin in it. You created that coin and it is yours and you hold it in your hand. What if you where all powerful like god, you could crush and destroy that coin and wipe its reality/existence form the face of the world. But know that god has no weakness, no size, and no limitation. So he has power over all that he creates. God is not a person or shape or form. He is simply Existence, or time you may say.

God can easily exist through anything he desires because he has cerated it. Jesus can have easily been God or a prophet and God could have easily and literally dwelled within him. God does miracles and he cannot do them from afar.

He comes into existence as "existence" itself. Nobody knows what God does or has done simply because we cannot see beyond our world and most likely never will, what god creates is what he owns and what he owns he has the right(and power) to keep away from us. Do i believe in avatars and reincarnation? Yes because any Muslim or Christian would if they believe in the same ocncept of Jannah or Heaven.

If this is one universe then Heaven or Hell is another. If we die our soul departs from this universe to enter another, the issue is we do not know if we are only a spirit or obtain a new(same) body. According to Islam we do. We are capable of experiecning women and hedonistic pleasures so we must gain another body of sorts, a perfect body I may add.

So by default that is reincarnation. Reincarnation has nothing to do with being in this world or being reincarnated into an animal or plant or what not. it is the broad term for anything that exits its physical body and is brought into another. And if you disagree with this you cannot be a Muslim. Because you would thusly say that Janah is a "PHYSICAL" place.

I do not think any of my views fit Islam and this is the main reason. I DO NOT have an issue with salah and I really enjoyed it, along with the fact that no God only accepts Arabic. Islam is what Shintoism is to the Japanese, a culture form of fascism meant for that culture.

Nothing is wrong with fascism as long as you kill nobody from it and can withhold intelligence and rationality. Islam is Christian "Arabicism", It is Christianity for Arabs. Nothing wrong with that either but as I said, it is fully meant for the culture of the Arabic people.

I do not want to participate in this forum at all, I cannot stand theoretical absolutes. It makes many of you worst then evolutionist pushing evolution as a fact without it even being proven yet.

This manner of speaking makes many of you seem weak and brainwashed, even though you are not any of those it gives outsiders this appearance towards you. People judge theologies, philosophies and social effects by its founders and followers.
I guess you were always influenced by hinduism philosophies :hmm:.

But thank you. You know what ? Don't take this as an offence, but I guess this is the first true and clear post from your part on this forum, unfortunately it's before you leaving. Because it clearely describes what complex belief you already hold before coming here. No doubt you kept these ideas all the time when you considered and dealed with Islam. Please don't get me wrong, I don't believe in any way that you were an hypocrite, but tbh, I don't believe and didn't really believe that you have become a muslim, when seeing the way you dealed with the matter. I was happy when I heard that you become muslim because I took your words the way they are, without too much questionning, but I always been reserved (I also didn't see where you made Shahada, maybe you mentioned it and I missed that part).
Anyway, as I said I don't say that (please don't get me wrong) that you intentionally did it, I never thought about that. But I think you were not ready, and all this was too much hard for you, with all the pre-concieved ideas you have. You were not convinced about Islam, even when you said you are muslim.
It's really sad. But I wished that you made this last post in the beginning.

You may have any belief you wish. It's all up to you. Take your time, seek knowledge, and chose what you think is more correct for you.

Anyway as a first step/advice/suggestion, you may search how you can prove these beliefs you have. As a wise person you have to not pick a religion just because you think it's suitable for you. You have to prove, for yourself in particular that you followed the correct path, and that you picked the more wise choice that will lead you to inner peace and to eternal happiness and accomodation.

Good luck.

glo
05-27-2012, 02:05 PM
^ Kind response, marwen. :)

جوري
05-27-2012, 04:11 PM
What the hell is going on here?

~ Sabr ~
05-27-2012, 04:14 PM
^ Loooooong story sis.....

جوري
05-27-2012, 04:21 PM
Then let's shorten and sweeten it and cut the crap and verbal logorrhea!

~ Sabr ~
05-27-2012, 04:29 PM
A new member was interested in Islam, converted, started praying salah, found Islam too difficult, members advised him different things, his thoughts and expectations of Islam were different than to what Islam teaches, he left Islam and the forum.

That's in a nutshell.

جوري
05-27-2012, 04:38 PM
That much is obvious- I however question the integrity of the member, the truth of his conversion and the real reasons he's on this forum. Nothing here merits that much dialogue. Islam is a personal journey and a solo path where we renew our covenant with Allah individually as we're born and as we return to him.. the same way Abraheam and all the prophets (PBUT) before us sans books or social calendar filled with utter nonsense. He wants to be Muslim wonderful, doesn't wish to be better still for this isn't the age of the people on the cusp this is the age of great schism. We don't need more Muslims we need better Muslims!
If you're going to place In Allah we trust as a banner and beneath it an avatar of Hitler then frankly you've missed the point entirely. I am surprised this BS was allowed to go on as much as it did. All the giggling and 'light hearted' banter this isn't the people mingle chat. It is an Islamic forum. Take pride in your Islam and do not make it subject of ridicule by the puerile.

~ Sabr ~
05-27-2012, 04:41 PM
^ That's what I was saying, But the brothers and sisters on this forum said that because he is young he is allowed to ask questions. He kept on ridiculing Islaam and I did not like it.

Qurratul Ayn
05-27-2012, 05:10 PM

What Allaah does is for the best. Always.

What has been done, has been done. There's no need to go over this again.

We were all trying to help, the Brother found it too much. Left. End of.

Where are the Moderators when you need them?! This thread needs to be closed!

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!