/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Agels that cleansed the Prophet's pbuh Heart...clarity Needed.

yasirslm
05-25-2012, 09:57 AM
Dear Bro/Sis,

I need clarity on "Angels that cleansed the Prophet's pbuh Heart"

Thanks

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
yasirslm
05-25-2012, 10:02 AM
Angels that cleansed the Prophet's pbuh Heart...clarity Needed

Marina-Aisha
05-25-2012, 10:59 AM
Where did u hear this Hadith?

Imaduddin
05-25-2012, 10:59 AM
I know and have always know of his chest having been opened and his heart cleansed 2 times.

1. After the Prophet salallahu alayhi wa salam was born, like all children at the time, he too was sent to live in the dessert with the beduins, the woman which took Muhammed was called Halima. He stayed with Halima and her family for about 4 years, it was on the last year of his stay that the angels came, opened his chest and cleaned his heart. In fear of what had happened, Halima returned the Prophet to his mother and then a little while after that his mother Aminah died.

Regarding this you can read/listen to it from this website Prophetic TImeline (not allowed to post links) and select the year 571, the Prophets early childhood.

2. The second time this happened was the night of Al Isra and Miraj (The night journey and ascension to paradise)

Narrated Abbas bin Malik: Malik bin Sasaa said that Allah's Apostle described to them his Night Journey saying, "While I was lying in Al-Hatim or Al-Hijr, suddenly someone came to me and cut my body open from here to here." I asked Al-Jarud who was by my side, "What does he mean?" He said, "It means from his throat to his pubic area," or said, "From the top of the chest." The Prophet further said, "He then took out my heart. Then a gold tray of Belief was brought to me and my heart was washed and was filled (with Belief) and then returned to its original place. Then a white animal which was smaller than a mule and bigger than a donkey was brought to me." (On this Al-Jarud asked, "Was it the Buraq, O Abu Hamza?" I (i.e. Anas) replied in the affirmative). The Prophet said, "The animal's step (was so wide that it) reached the farthest point within the reach of the animal's sight. I was carried on it, and Gabriel set out with me till we reached the nearest heaven. ...... the hadith continues.

Sahih Bukhari (Book #58, Hadith #227)

Narrated Anas bin Malik: The night Allah's Apostle was taken for a journey from the sacred mosque (of Mecca) Al-Ka'ba: Three persons came to him (in a dreamy while he was sleeping in the Sacred Mosque before the Divine Inspiration was revealed to Him. One of them said, "Which of them is he?" The middle (second) angel said, "He is the best of them." The last (third) angle said, "Take the best of them." Only that much happened on that night and he did not see them till they came on another night, i.e. after The Divine Inspiration was revealed to him. (Fateh-Al-Bari Page 258, Vol. 17) and he saw them, his eyes were asleep but his heart was not----and so is the case with the prophets: their eyes sleep while their hearts do not sleep. So those angels did not talk to him till they carried him and placed him beside the well of Zam-Zam. From among them Gabriel took charge of him. Gabriel cut open (the part of his body) between his throat and the middle of his chest (heart) and took all the material out of his chest and abdomen and then washed it with Zam-Zam water with his own hands till he cleansed the inside of his body, and then a gold tray containing a gold bowl full of belief and wisdom was brought and then Gabriel stuffed his chest and throat blood vessels with it and then closed it (the chest). He then ascended with him to the heaven of the world and knocked on one of its doors..... hadith continues

Sahih Bukhari (Book #93, Hadith #608)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
yasirslm
05-25-2012, 12:16 PM
Appreciated:)

Imaduddin
05-25-2012, 12:34 PM
No problem brother.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!