/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Lack of a Muslim community

bintYahya
05-25-2012, 11:25 AM
:sl:

I live alone without a surrounding Muslim community. I don't know any sisters in my city or area whom I could easily visit nor are there any activities I could attend. Society at large isn't very accepting of "conservative values", especially those of "barbaric Muslims" but it's safe here and I have freedom of religion to its fullest extent really. I used to love making da'wah and I had a lot of energy to act according the sunnah among people, now I've given up on so much that I'm afraid of losing everything.

Spiritually I'm lacking something. And at times things get really out of control. I want to move somewhere where I can be in contact with Muslims and attend lectures and what have you. I've been brought up to believe my homecountry is so safe, I should never leave, and we all know how the media portray Muslim countries.

There are certainly a lot of things to take into consideration, and I'm just so overwhelmed, literally in a crisis for the time being. I'm trying to reach out for help but no one seems to understand...

What advice might you have for me? Please, make du'a for me. Jazakumullaahu khairan.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Snowflake
05-31-2012, 05:56 AM
Wa alaykum assalam wa rahmatullahi wa barakatu Sis,

Is there anything preventing you from moving? It needn't be to a muslim country, but any place where there're a fair number of muslims. Do you mind saying where you're from? : )

tango92
05-31-2012, 08:15 PM
if your situation prevents you from moving in the foreseeable future, then we can only advise you in your current situation

firstly the best to ask from for guidance is Allah, so ask him. especially in salah during the fatihah - the whole point of that surah is asking for guidance...

The story of Ibrahim has many lessons for muslims who are isolated, lonely etc. Allah describes him as an ummah ie a nation in and of himself. He had complete trust in Allah, so we should follow his example

lastly i think its important to keep trying to increase oneself in knowledge for the sake of Allah, we can never have enough knowledge . Then Allah will make a path to jannah easy for us:

The Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: "If anyone travels on a road in search of knowledge, God will cause him to travel on one of the roads of Paradise. The angels will lower their wings in their great pleasure with one who seeks knowledge. The inhabitants of the heavens and the Earth and (even) the fish in the deep waters will ask forgiveness for the learned man. The superiority of the learned over the devout is like that of the moon, on the night when it is full, over the rest of the stars. The learned are the heirs of the Prophets, and the Prophets leave (no monetary inheritance), they leave only knowledge, and he who takes it takes an abundant portion. - Sunan of Abu-Dawood, Hadith 1631

i dont know if any of the above will be helpful to you, but I will make dua for you

Muhaba
05-31-2012, 09:02 PM
i have been exactly where you are! although i lived in an islamic country, sometimes i felt there wasn't a proper muslim community. a lot of people were so far from Islam, I didn't know the language so well to attend the lectures, etc etc. The online community became my way of interacting with good muslims. I used forums like this one to interact with muslims, online lectures to learn more about islam. i even use them for dawah purpose as it is not always possible to do dawah face-to-face.

it's true that one needs to interact face-to-face, but when that isn't possible, then online is a good means for daily interactions. and once in a while, like on weekends, or every few weeks, you can go to muslim community in another city if it is one there somewhere in your country.

and slowly, you'll be able to make friends with good muslim sisters in other parts of the country (whom you meet at the Islamic center) and be able to interact with them through phone email etc.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
جوري
05-31-2012, 09:10 PM
I think many of us have that problem so we try to fill that void by finding a virtual community such as this although much is lacking much it still fills the gap a bit. I know it is difficult to move to a Muslim country. Even trying for a umra in the last ten of Ramadan seems to come with so many restrictions.
In sha Allah I'll keep you in my du3a for whatever it is worth..

:w:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!