/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Dumb question, but had to ask

Darth Ultor
05-26-2012, 12:04 PM
Can or would Muslims ever use "PBUH" in a derisive way? Like if they're talking about politicians or celebrities that make themselves out to be above all and superhuman. An example would be Obama promising to do everything but split the sea but anyone with half a brain saw past his BS.

Context: "Obama (pbuh) promised to close the prison in Guantanamo Bay within a year. Why the hell is it still open?"

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
~ Sabr ~
05-26-2012, 12:25 PM
I don't think so lol.

Muslim Woman
05-26-2012, 12:42 PM
:sl:

normally we use it about Prophets pbut . I can't imagine use it about Osama who is killing Muslims in Iraq , Afghanistan , Pakistan , Palestine and elsewhere.

we should write May Allah guide or punish him .

And Allah Knows Best.

Abz2000
05-26-2012, 12:48 PM
Lol I think it is possible, like if someone said "tony blair pbuh" I would be rolling on the floor laughing.
And its true, they do have these roles as "supreme lord" and "disciple",
we had this joke before about infidels,
Since they accepted bush as ultimate authority on the planet and Blair as tame servant worthy of reverence,
We'd tell them that at least we didn't say: there is no "god" but George bush and tony blair is his prophet.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Darth Ultor
05-26-2012, 12:49 PM
@ Muslim Woman: Like I said. In a derisive, meaning mocking way.

Qurratul Ayn
05-26-2012, 01:16 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Darth Ultor
Context: "Obama (pbuh) promised to close the prison in Guantanamo Bay within a year. Why the hell is it still open?"
LOL

I much prefer to use it after Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) :)

Darth Ultor
05-26-2012, 04:05 PM
^o) Can you read, FreakOffALeash?

dqsunday
05-26-2012, 05:52 PM
Isn't it simply inappropriate and sinful to intentionally go about mocking others out of maliciousness? Doesn't that fall under the term of backbiting? Re: http://pathwayofdevotion.blogspot.ca...ackbiting.html

Hulk
05-26-2012, 06:07 PM
Thank you dqsunday! Backbiting and sarcasm is not permissible in Islam. God knows best

Darth Ultor
05-26-2012, 06:15 PM
Talk about a hard law to follow. How often have we talked trash about people we don't like, especially politicians?

Hulk
05-26-2012, 06:28 PM
Trying one's best in avoiding it is certainly better than feeling guilt-free in doing so in my opinion. You might think that they are mere words but don't underestimate the affect it will have within yourself and the people around you. If a politician is bad news then there's nothing wrong with saying it as it affects the people.

BadOlPuttyTat
05-26-2012, 06:30 PM
^o) Can you read, FreakOffALeash?
yes Sith lord I can read. I simply stated the truth. this man is a troll starting a war. He criticizes good just to support his anger. He is worthless simply put.
And I dont understand your statement :exhausted

Darth Ultor
05-26-2012, 06:32 PM
Oh, I thought you were talking about me.

Hamza Asadullah
05-26-2012, 06:42 PM
Can or would Muslims ever use "PBUH" in a derisive way? Like if they're talking about politicians or celebrities that make themselves out to be above all and superhuman. An example would be Obama promising to do everything but split the sea but anyone with half a brain saw past his BS.

Greetings,

It is best to avoid making jokes about anything that is connected to the Prophets because one joke may tend to lead to another and if one person thought it was acceptable then they may go even further in making a joke in which there is a connection with the Prophets. Regarding Obama then he is nothing more than a puppet who's strings are being pulled from behind the scenes from higher powers. They needed a different face to wage wars and tyranny across the world as Bush was getting way to unpopular so they replaced him with Obama by first convincing everyone that he will make "changes". It is but the same policies.

*KB*
05-26-2012, 06:43 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Hamza Asadullah
Regarding Obama then he is nothing more than a puppet who's strings are being pulled from behind the scenes from higher powers. They needed a different face to wage wars and tyranny across the world as Bush was getting way to unpopular so they replaced him with Obama by first convincing everyone that he will make "changes". It is but the same policies.
Well said (or written) Brother Hamza Asadullah. And very true.

Endymion
05-26-2012, 06:48 PM
Thumbs up for Hamza :thumbs_up A sound answer to a dumb question :statisfie

Darth Ultor
05-26-2012, 07:16 PM
That's our Hamza.

Endymion
05-26-2012, 07:34 PM

Abz2000
05-26-2012, 08:00 PM
when someone says pbuh, it is almost immediately recognised as referring to a prophet pbut.
to use it for a puppet criminal murderer is worse than giving him a nobel peace prize.

this card - along with others were part of the illuminati playing cards y2k series from 1999

here's more of it:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Illuminati_(game)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!