/* */

PDA

View Full Version : The fifth dimension

جوري
05-27-2012, 05:34 PM

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Abz2000
05-27-2012, 10:40 PM
salamz, welcome back, was wondering where you'd been, hopefully all good.
you haven't been taking hallucinogens on your trip away from us have you?
or was it a dream???

جوري
05-27-2012, 10:42 PM
ah.. I'll leave that to your discretion...

Abz2000
05-27-2012, 10:44 PM
hmmmmm, i'd pin it to some sort of hallucination then :)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Muezzin
06-02-2012, 03:12 PM
Where's the story gone? I've finally got time to read, review and appreciate it.

I'd be happy to help with any formatting issues if needs be.

I was really looking forward to reading this.

جوري
06-02-2012, 05:15 PM
I got really frustrated every time I'd fix a paragraph I'd get a gap or incomplete sentences. I think that's a problem when you write a story and paste it here in a font that's not recognized. I'll see if I have it on Lazarus and re-post it.. I did what I logically do when angry.. just eradicate the source of my problem :skeleton: pls don't ever quote me saying that in a court of law..

Jazakoum Allah khyran

Muezzin
06-04-2012, 09:55 PM
Well, I hope you post a backed-up version sometime. I'd really like to read it.

جوري
06-04-2012, 11:15 PM
I am sure I can find it but I fear you'll be disappointed :X

Muezzin
06-04-2012, 11:24 PM
Nah, I'm never disappointed to read new creative writing, especially by members of this forum.

جوري
06-04-2012, 11:29 PM
khyer in shaa Allah-- I just searched Lazarus it isn't on it, so I'll check in my personal folder since I wrote it there first ''un-tweaked' and was hoping I'd not do much editing with Lazarus to the rescue but I think it gets rid of data every four days...:hmm:
stay tuned we're under construction :)

Snowflake
06-04-2012, 11:49 PM
Looking forward to reading it insha Allah :statisfie

جوري
06-05-2012, 12:40 AM
My name could be Adam or Abrahim or David, or it could be Sarah or Mona a human name a generic one that anyone would recognize; But I recognize nothing in this barren white land so scorched not even weed dares grow here. Just the blazing sun, and the vast emptiness.
I don't know if there are nights or other seasons it is as if the sun is fixed in the same spot for a billion years. & perhaps for a billion years I too have been walking. If I put my hand up to to the sky I can touch it, so close it can swallow the land whole and with it the body should melt as do all the senses.
I am shaded only by virtue of my thoughts or are they too confused from the heat?
I look inside me for a single motive to keep on moving maybe in search for an end to the nothing or for fatigue to completely overtake me whichever comes first...
Perhaps this nothing in and of itself is composed of many some things.. those that took the road less traveled . Time, space, gender none of them seem relevant here.
I lay my body in the middle of the field but the weariness is inert as it is propulsive. I close my eyes and a few drops gather from my brows to my temple in what I can only rationalize to be my own sweat and soon I think all water will drain from my body, soon I'll be in the fog or perhaps I am in the fog now?
I hear a distant humming noise which I ignore as the recess of my mind intellectualizes an inevitable demise, but it draws ever closer and focused. The mind machinates a plot in the rhyme of a hebephrenic.
'' come with me to the secret aqueduct- there underground the four pillars do hold the earth''
''come''. he points the way!
He digs deep in the arid ground so that from the distance appears to me a mirage of another dimension a staircase that leads to nowhere I presume I am imagining this thin figure of a man but the hole seems to get smaller and I hasten to place myself in my hallucination at least until night fall.
''Sir?''
'' I beg you to tell me your name and of this place- friend?''
''Did I invent you a companion in my exile in this place of stone and sand?''.
I muttered but only in my mind now barely audible just to affirm that a semblance of speech is left in me. A thin stream was at the bottom at the edge of the stairs- indeed scintillating of silver.
'' Hardly an aqueduct'' I thought.
I washed my face and drank and poured what I could to the top of my head and put my hand into the silvery water it was mesmerizing and it sucked my being in as if in a vacuum and the vacuum grew bigger still until I found myself to the bottom of a fall where showers poured of gilded lion heads so cruel looking contrasted only by the deep darkness of night; Night with no twilight. A terrible chill permeated through my being as the wind howled and resonated as if thunder through the open mouths of carved beasts and it sent a tremor through my being.
''How fast do the fates change?''
years pass in minutes, minutes pass in years. I was terrified to brave the night but the lions seemed alive, vertiginous as if chasing each other.. I didn't wish to look into their fierce baleful eyes lest they take notice of my presence... if I could tip toe without the dragging noise of my soaking robes.
''I must be dreaming!''
A lesser human would collapse at the insanity .. It's amazing what the mind forces itself to accept and acquiesce to when there's no one else around to shoulder the insanity.
''can you believe what's happening''?
I long for conversation any banal conversation at all is welcome. I remembered then the chilly winter days when I'd keep the window of my pathfinder down to prevent the fog on the glass shield and in spite of shivering enjoyed the quiet which led my otherwise very chatty flatmate to cocoon her head into her sweater.
I have to brave the cold night away from the fringes of the gilded showers and soon found one of those pillars he spoke of and next to it a different staircase.. I ran up one flight and came upon a huge frame I presume where a window should be just a random open space. I looked up at the naked night an unfamiliar night with eerie colors not quite ink, not quite black, colors not meant for human eyes to see and roaring sounds in succession crescendoing- so striking, sounds not meant for human ears to hear and down there in the empty lot of desert land lay one massive tomb and again the strange nameless man now smiling at me what appeared to me a very menacing smile pointed to it.
& that sent such deep chills down my spine and a sense of urgency. I can hear the disquiet of my own thoughts and a buzzing in my ear as if someone is right there next to me as if he is now standing right there next to me breaking all laws of physics to carry me to my tomb a tomb of no identity with no prayer, there just rubbing against me feeding off my fear for eternity mocking me and I wanted to weep out of fear with no end but instead I ran up the stairs a fire in my heels on legs that I didn't think would support me, but the hurriedness was coming from my pits.. Every small sound up a step startles me. Still I climb and I hear sounds and question self of what of my true want? what if no sound I thought it would be no more assuasive? Still, I need that prior silence of arid uninhibitedness if only to validate that I am the only being that exists here.
Every strange noise as if shards of glass piercing through my being-- I ran up faster the stairs get narrower then upright and steep and seem to go on forever but I climb still and now there reaching the end no light at the end.. ''It is never like the movies'' I thought
Movies and literature are meant only for consolation, they're meant to exhilarate and breathe life anew to make survivors of would be dead.
No, only a locked hatch awaits me here blocking my only exit. and I push against it with all the might I could muster through my shoulder and my back but it's immovable it will not budge and I wanted to scream for help but dared not utter a sound.. So this is it? Such a long journey for this. I don't want to go back down there, I don't wish to explore another option. I have come such a long way to start over..
''Oh Allah please open this door for me''
I pushed against it some more but felt my energy leaving me and the light faded gradually into darkness and I saw nothing.
He's going to get me and show me things that are never meant to be spoken of.
'' I died or maybe I was dead all along and this is hell?''
''I don't know what to do, oh Allah I just don't know what to do''
I wept and hid my face in my arms I didn't wish to open my eyes ever again but I had to face him or I need to wake up now.
I lift my head and I am on top of my bed the window open and I am soaking. I get up to close it. It is raining hard and the wind bellowing the waves below thrashing against the bricks of the building.
I go to the living room, what a murky looking day, as if all color was drained from the world and left it in sepia.
'' what time is it?'' I asked my sister.
''why is this happening? ''
''Don't you know why?'' she says
'' Someone had been wishing us evil.''
'' Oh?'' I said resigned
''Well then I wish them evil too.''
I look out the window to the sounds of a sinking ship and fish so great standing guard to prevent entry to the water but I swim to the wreckage and take the pieces out and there floats a perfectly formed clown but his head sinks before I see him.

Periwinkle18
06-05-2012, 02:31 AM
wow this is amazing!!! jazakAllah sis very well written :)

KDhieb
06-05-2012, 06:06 AM
ah I enjoyed this very much. Masha Allah. really well written. Glad you found it!

Muezzin
06-05-2012, 07:56 PM
Excellent work.

Brilliantly surreal and insightful. I like the symbolism of the staircase and how certain things are left to the reader's interpretation. It's better to imply - often, it's what you don't say that is more powerful. Also:

A terrible chill permeated through my being as the wind howled and resonated as if thunder through the open mouths of carved beasts and it sent a tremor through my being
So good.

Insight, symbolism, poetic prose. Excellent, excellent work.

جوري
06-05-2012, 09:17 PM
you're too generous walhi.. I guess like br. ABZ in so many words said ''were you tripping while on holiday?'' :D

Snowflake
06-05-2012, 09:27 PM
Sissssssssssssss, you have to write a book! You have to, have to!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *mentally jumping up and down saying that* But you really have to sis! Masha Allah :-[ You got the ability to write a No 1 Best Seller sis. Please do it sis :statisfie :hiding:

Sunnie Ameena
06-05-2012, 09:28 PM
Assalamu Alaikum
I really enjoyed reading that. Thank you for writing it and thank you for sharing. Sunnie Ameena

جوري
06-05-2012, 09:32 PM
Jazakoum Allah khyran I don't take compliments well

.. I hope you're not flattering me to spare my ego.. God knows 90% of my career was composed of insults ;D

Sunnie Ameena
06-05-2012, 09:35 PM
I would be happy to read anything else you are willing to share. Sunnie Ameena

جوري
06-05-2012, 09:40 PM
Thank you sis.. I have written quite a few things on the forum.. I like to stick to prose (if I can call them that).. most of them are on my home page.. there's also one akin to the above:
http://www.islamicboard.com/creative...cene-room.html

This is a library of most of the members creative work:
http://www.islamicboard.com/creative-writing-art/134275808-li-library-members-creative-media.html

I have also written two children's books (not found on the forum) .. still looking for someone to do the illustrations =(

Sunnie Ameena
06-05-2012, 09:58 PM
I subscribed to both of the threads, so I can read it at my leisure. I love to read. I hope you can find someone to illustrate your children's books. I have many grandkids and I would buy your books for them. One of my daughters only allows books as gifts for her kids. I think that is a great thing. A person can not read enough and learn enough. Well, off to read. Sunnie Ameena

جوري
06-05-2012, 10:03 PM
yes I am hopeful that some brave person will volunteer themselves to illustrate :nervous: in shaa Allah.. neither book is very long...:p

Thank you for your support though I can recommend far better reading than the stuff I write :)

Sunnie Ameena
06-05-2012, 10:05 PM
Sister is it possible for me to go to your homepage and read them, and if so, how do I go about getting to your homepage?

جوري
06-05-2012, 10:12 PM
I used to be able to go through my SN.. I am going to my bookmarks. I'll PM you in shaa Allah

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!