/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Hello, Shalom, Salam, Salaam, Parev, Shlama, Marhaba, Tungjatjeta, and Essalam Aleiku

Zabel
05-27-2012, 10:10 PM
Hello, I am a culturally part-Jewish Christian (currently somewhat practicing Messianic Judaism with Orthodox Christian/Weslyan leanings) with other near eastern ancestry. I am very interested in the cultures of this region, including Arab. Because there are many similarities with Islam and my faith, I want to learn more about faith and traditions. I have learned a little bit about Judaism, Christianity, and Islam in a school class and Messianic Judaism and Catholicism in other classes.

I also like languages like Hebrew, Arabic, Armenian, and Russian and just found a cool site that gives my greetings in different languages. I hope you don't mind the long title.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Zabel
05-27-2012, 10:12 PM
I don't know how to edit this post. I hope to poke my head around different threads and learn a lot here. This looks like one of the best forums for that. :)

Qurratul Ayn
05-27-2012, 10:12 PM
Peace

Awesome title!!!

Welcome to the forum!!!

God-willing, you shall find it beneficial and learn a lot from it too! Looking forward to your participation.

Peace to y'all

Abz2000
05-27-2012, 10:28 PM
welcome to the forum
hope you are able to take a wealth of knowledge and possibly even disseminate it to those who fall for the media created sterotypes.

base line:
only One God, No partner or associates.
one main message and messengers sent to convey the method of submission at the appropriate time.
all having been assisted with signs and having left behind Prophecies.
beginning with Adam, ending with Muhammad.
only the Messiah returns to unite the people under the eternal banner.
just as he didn't bring a new law but followed the torah before, but only reconciled differencies and attacked heresies.
he does the same and judges by the standard of the Quran and Sunnah, and again reconciles all differences and puts down all heresies.

Finally, the Quranic mandate for humanity is to establish Justice, Compassion and to strive against injustice, evil and aggression:

"Verily, God commands justice and compassion,
and giving freely to the kith and kin,
and He forbids lewdness, evil of all kinds and aggression;
He admonishes you in order for you to remain conscientious."
(Qur'an: 16: 90).

"O you who believe, be steadfast witnesses for Allah in equity;
and let not hatred of any people make you swerve from justice.
Deal justly; that is nearer to God-fearing.
Fear Allah. Allah is aware of what you do."
(Qur'an: 5: 8).

It was We who revealed the law (to Moses): therein was guidance and light.
By its standard have been judged the Jews, by the prophets who bowed in submission to Allah's will,
by the rabbis and the doctors of law: for to them was entrusted the protection of Allah's book, and they were witnesses thereto: therefore fear not men, but fear me, and sell not my signs for a miserable price.
If whoever fails to judge by (the light of) what Allah hath revealed, they are Disbelievers/rejecters (of the truth).
45 . We ordained therein for them: "Life for life, eye for eye, nose or nose, ear for ear, tooth for tooth, and wounds equal for equal." But if any one remits the retaliation by way of charity, it is an act of atonement for himself.And if any fail to judge by (the light of) what Allah hath revealed, they are (No better than) wrong-doers.
46 . And in their footsteps We sent Jesus the son of Mary, confirming the Law that had come before him: We sent him the Gospel: therein was guidance and light, and confirmation of the Law that had come before him: a guidance and an admonition to those who fear Allah.
Quran Ch.4

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
dysphoricrocker
05-28-2012, 02:27 AM
Salaam.

Welcome to the forum! Enjoy your stay here! (:

Aprender
05-28-2012, 02:30 AM
Welcome to the forum. Happy to have you here.

Hulk
05-28-2012, 03:21 AM
Hello there I think we met in your thread before hehe. Peace to you too and welcome to this forum

BadOlPuttyTat
05-28-2012, 04:38 AM
welcome to the family sister :statisfie.

May peace and elbow grease guide you to happiness.

Attachment 4833

Ğħαrєєвαħ
05-29-2012, 08:00 PM
Greetings of peace,

Welcome to the forum!

Hope you enjoy yourself here and find the forum beneficial towards yourself, God willingly..

Zabel
06-17-2012, 01:40 AM
Thank you. :)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!