/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Leaving the uk and studying abroad - advice?

tango92
05-28-2012, 02:46 PM
Salam u alaycum

Im thinking of taking a gap year to study arabic. I want to go to an islamic country where they speak arabic so i can become fluent, like egypt. Its something i really have to do.

Can anyone recommend me any institutions that are fairly and cheap and will still take late admissions?

Any comments and advice etc is much appreciated

jzk Allah

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
aadil77
05-28-2012, 03:06 PM
:wa:

not sure about institutions and all that but I highly recommend taking a year out, it will be a much needed break and will help you get yourself together

Darth Ultor
05-28-2012, 03:12 PM
By Islamic country do you mean one with Sharia Law or just a Muslim majority?

tango92
05-28-2012, 03:49 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by aadil77
:wa:

not sure about institutions and all that but I highly recommend taking a year out, it will be a much needed break and will help you get yourself together
yh, looking at some programs, it seems alot of institutions are offering summer crash courses which i didnt really have in mind

format_quote Originally Posted by Darth Ultor
By Islamic country do you mean one with Sharia Law or just a Muslim majority?
either? havent thought about that tbh

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Darth Ultor
05-28-2012, 03:59 PM
Well, Saudi is the only place I can think of with Sharia Law that's Arab-speaking. Well, you have the whole Middle-East or North Africa to choose from. What about somewhere with a stable situation like the UAE, Morocco, Kuwait, Qatar

Hamza Asadullah
05-28-2012, 04:57 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by tango92
Salam u alaycum

Im thinking of taking a gap year to study arabic. I want to go to an islamic country where they speak arabic so i can become fluent, like egypt. Its something i really have to do.

Can anyone recommend me any institutions that are fairly and cheap and will still take late admissions?

Any comments and advice etc is much appreciated

jzk Allah
:sl:

The majority of people recommend Al Diwan institute over others like Al Fajr because there is more one to one tuition so one has more chance of going further where as others have bigger classrooms where it is unlikely one will progress further than if one opted for one to one tuition.

http://www.aldiwancenter.com/index.shtml#

tango92
05-28-2012, 05:43 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Hamza Asadullah

The majority of people recommend Al Diwan institute over others like Al Fajr because there is more one to one tuition so one has more chance of going further where as others have bigger classrooms where it is unlikely one will progress further than if one opted for one to one tuition.

http://www.aldiwancenter.com/index.shtml#
jazakAllah bro, can you give me a list of like "recommended" institutions?

Hamza Asadullah
05-28-2012, 06:27 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by tango92
jazakAllah bro, can you give me a list of like "recommended" institutions?
Abu Nour institute in Syria is supposed to be very good but the situation in Syria is obviously not good right now.

It is best for you to go Egypt:

Al Diwan - Highly recommended

Al Fajr - Not as good

Qurtuba - Ok reviews

Another great alternative is an online program which is very highly recommended for anyone wanting to learn Arabic. It is a 2 year online course and one which is taught very thoroughly indeed and the teaching style i have been told is one of the best in the world for English speakers:

www.shariahprogram.ca

sister herb
05-28-2012, 07:04 PM
Salam alaykum

i know imam who is originally Egyptian. He know about studing arabia/islam in Egypt- I send you his email.

sister herb
05-28-2012, 07:08 PM
sonny_hoelbaek.com@hotmail.com

He is imam I know about studing in Egypt. He knows me as sister Harb.

sister herb
05-28-2012, 07:08 PM
Sorry admins, I can´t send pms...

:phew

Muhaba
05-29-2012, 12:06 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Hamza Asadullah
Abu Nour institute in Syria is supposed to be very good but the situation in Syria is obviously not good right now.

It is best for you to go Egypt:

Al Diwan - Highly recommended

Al Fajr - Not as good

Qurtuba - Ok reviews

Another great alternative is an online program which is very highly recommended for anyone wanting to learn Arabic. It is a 2 year online course and one which is taught very thoroughly indeed and the teaching style i have been told is one of the best in the world for English speakers:

www.shariahprogram.ca
Abu Noor Arabic courses are great, at least in the ladies section of the institute. i don;t know if the men's teaching is as good as the women's. (it is a one year course divided into 6 two-month sessions. absolute beginners who have absolutely no prior knowledge of arabic do the course and by the end of it they know spoken and written arabic and grammar. Although arabic grammar is difficult, their course is such that grammar is made easy that you don't become overwhelmed by it.)

but , yeah, situation in Syria is not good, so going there is not recommended at this time.

many people do go to Egypt to study arabic, but i don't have any details of the courses there. even people from syria would go to egypt. try al-Azhar, they might have courses in arabic. or maybe able to give you details. if i could get information from friends who went there, i'll post.

I intend to make a college with courses liek the ones offered in syria, but this is just an idea right now and Allah knows if and when this will ever become a reality. make duas that i am able to do this, as i feel for the many students who used to study in syria and they can't now.

Ibn Abi Ahmed
05-29-2012, 12:08 AM

Best program ever: http://bayyinah.com/dream/

sister herb
05-29-2012, 06:34 AM
I also know one European who has studied arabic and islam in Qatar and in Egypt.

Her email I can´t put to forum but maybe I can later send by PM.

Ali_008
05-29-2012, 07:16 AM
:wasalamex

This post may not be of much help to you, but it is a point I wanted to put forward for anyone who considers learning Arabic in a foreign Muslim country

Firstly, Egypt is not a Islamic country, it's just a Muslim country. Saudi Arabia is an Islamic country. And I wouldn't recommend any other place if you wish to learn Arabic, because in order to speak Arabic fluently, you'll need to have conversations with the citizens of that country. Saudi Arabia, alhamdulillah, has a "no-dating" policy, and has made Hijab an obligation in their country although it is a little flexible, and some women exploit it terribly. imsad Nonetheless, if you go to any other Muslim country, there will be a lot of fitna for you to face. The temptation of interacting with females might get too much for you to handle, and satan might whisper the idea in your head that you'll be making your Arabic fluent by speaking to women. Alhamdulillah, in Saudi Arabia, you don't have the "liberty" to converse with any and every woman. Thus, you'll be able to learn Arabic only from the menfolk, and won't have to face the fitna as badly as you would in other countries. According to many people, even Saudi Arabia is not as "Islamic" as it is popularly perceived, but it is much much better in comparison to other Muslim countries.

Knowing a foreign language is a trial in itself, because it opens more avenues for you to sin. Plus, the fact that its a Muslim country will make the prospect of taking to females even more enticing because more than 90% of them will be Muslims.

In addition to that Saudi Arabia is a tax-free country. I'm sure you'll be able to find some modestly priced Arabic courses over there.

~ Sabr ~
05-29-2012, 07:20 AM
and satan might whisper the idea in your head that you'll be making your arabic fluent by speaking to women.
.....ott?

Ali_008
05-29-2012, 02:07 PM
^^^^^ :heated: I guess, I couldn't put it right. I wrote that very haphazardly. What I meant was when he will start speaking Arabic (even in bits with lots of mistakes), he might start having the inclination to talk to women, because when you're in a foreign country, it is much easier to fall in the traps of shaytaan. And he might even go forward with it by lying to himself that his intention behind talking to them was to only improve his Arabic by interacting with them. I hope I got it right this time. :hmm:

~ Sabr ~
05-29-2012, 02:10 PM
Still O.T.T, lol.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!