/* */

PDA

View Full Version : David Blaine - What to think?!

~ Sabr ~
05-29-2012, 11:24 AM
:salamext:

I have just seen a video of David Blaine taking his heart out in front of the public. :skeleton: You can check it out on Youtube.

What do we Muslims think of him? Does he work with Jinns to do this? Etc.?

Please advise InshaAllaah.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Hulk
05-29-2012, 11:30 AM
While I'm sure there are magicians who use the aid of jinns for certain tricks I think we should consider all possibilities before thinking so. In regard to his particular heart trick I think it's possible with some fake skin, sleight of hand, fake blood :statisfie

~ Sabr ~
05-29-2012, 11:31 AM
It looked so real though. I was about to throw up. +o(

Predator
05-29-2012, 11:52 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Haafizah
:salamext:

I have just seen a video of David Blaine taking his heart out in front of the public. :skeleton: You can check it out on Youtube.

What do we Muslims think of him? Does he work with Jinns to do this? Etc.?

Please advise InshaAllaah.
Its all illusion and nothing else . the program "magic's biggest secrets revealed". It will show you how such kind of magic is done

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Hulk
05-29-2012, 11:54 AM
So far the only magic trick that caught me off guard was one where the guy splits a lady at the waist and her bottom part was walking around and her top part was crawling around. Apparently they used camera tricks, an actual lady with no bottom, and a contortionist to play the legs (long skirt).

IslamicRevival
05-29-2012, 01:39 PM
This guy is clearly playing with Jinn, its not entertaining or amazing as many people like to think. Sickening

Predator
05-29-2012, 01:58 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Vision
This guy is clearly playing with Jinn, its not entertaining or amazing as many people like to think. Sickening
Nothing to do with Jinn .Just a fake heart wrapped up nicely in the chest . All his **** has all been uncovered to be fake, its only worth a good laugh to me

Scimitar
05-29-2012, 02:23 PM
David Blaine... Kabbalist who played with fire and became an MK Ultra victim.

Scimi

'Abd Al-Maajid
05-29-2012, 04:22 PM
It could be that he is doing the real magic with the help of djinns. Can't be sure.

IslamicRevival
05-29-2012, 07:53 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Predator
Nothing to do with Jinn .Just a fake heart wrapped up nicely in the chest . All his **** has all been uncovered to be fake, its only worth a good laugh to me
I haven't seen his latest magic trick/illusion and i dont want to see it, that particular stunt may be fake but the vast majority are not in my opinion. Magicians of his ilk are most likely using jinns...and I don't see it as a laughing matter

Hulk
05-30-2012, 01:13 AM
When I was younger people used to say David Koppafield (intentionally mispelled) used jinns! Remember how he was able to fly? He even went inside a box to prove that there were "no ropes" attached to him. But now people have said that there actually is a rope, hard to explain but it makes sense if you read the theories.

I prefer to exercise all possibilities before saying it's done with real magic, because thats what they want you to think. You'd be surprised how creative they are and how good they are with distraction and sleight of hand. So I personally don't believe that I have seen any magicians doing any real magic. However whether or not they come up with the tricks by themselves or had some "outside" help, who knows..

BadOlPuttyTat
05-30-2012, 02:35 AM
David Blaine is a cheat and a fool. He is not cool in the slightest and is just a conman. Haafizah is he fake and always has been.

BadOlPuttyTat
05-30-2012, 02:38 AM
I haven't seen his latest magic trick/illusion and i dont want to see it, that particular stunt may be fake but the vast majority are not in my opinion. Magicians of his ilk are most likely using jinns...and I don't see it as a laughing matter

Dom make me laugh dude. he has a whole support staff! If he was real cat would have been out the bag by now, no modern day magician uses actual magic. I cant believe your that paranoid and I am the one who is always paranoid. Never have my back face a window ;D

Darth Ultor
05-30-2012, 12:14 PM
Jinns and sorcery? Come on, he's an entertainer using stage props. That's what all magicians are.

~ Sabr ~
05-30-2012, 12:15 PM
^ Have you SEEN the "trick" where he takes his heart out?!

Predator
05-30-2012, 12:17 PM
t the vast majority are not in my opinion. Magicians of his ilk are most likely using jinns.
Not Jinns .Its all deception. You probably havent seen or done magic before

http://www.vkmag.com/media/david_bla...c_revealed.pdf

Where is your Jinn there ?

Darth Ultor
05-30-2012, 12:22 PM
^ Have you SEEN the "trick" where he takes his heart out?!
I don't need to. I know how stage magic works. I also watched James Rolfe's Cinemassacre 200 video. Camera tricks and fast-speed editing make it all look real on screen but on stage, they use the props and the "hand is quicker than the eye" technique.

~ Sabr ~
05-30-2012, 12:45 PM
Please check out the video, then come back to me....

ILuvAllah
05-30-2012, 12:50 PM
arggh! im so not going to watch it. the sound of it freaking me out.

~ Sabr ~
05-30-2012, 12:53 PM
^ It IS freaky, I almost fainted when I saw it. :exhausted

Abz2000
05-30-2012, 12:53 PM
the Quran tells us, about pharaoh's magicians.
wasahharu a3yunannas.
and they bewitched THE EYES of the people.

it does seem that most of these jinn worshippers etc use them to bewitch the eyes rather than make real miracles,
although there are certain powers given to the satans as a test.

David Blaine (born David Blaine White; April 4, 1973) is an American illusionist and endurance artist.

"Illusionist" redirects here. For the artistic tradition, see Illusionism (art).

Magic (illusion) (sometimes referred to as stage magic to distinguish it from paranormal or ritual magic) is a performing art that entertains audiences by staging tricks or creating illusions of seemingly impossible or supernatural feats using natural means. These feats are called magic tricks, effects, or illusions.

and of course........................

Blaine was born and raised in Brooklyn, New York and is of Puerto Rican descent on his father's side,and Russian Jewish on his mother's.

Darth Ultor
05-30-2012, 01:07 PM
Seen it, it's fake,

~ Sabr ~
05-30-2012, 01:11 PM
Lol.... Ok if you say so.... :ermm:

IslamicRevival
05-30-2012, 01:48 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by FreakOffALeash

Dom make me laugh dude. he has a whole support staff! If he was real cat would have been out the bag by now, no modern day magician uses actual magic. I cant believe your that paranoid and I am the one who is always paranoid. Never have my back face a window ;D
Don't make me laugh either with your tone. How do you or anyone else know he isn't using real magic? Go watch some of the mind tricks he does on people, Allah knows if they are staged or not but in my personal view he does use some form of magic.

format_quote Originally Posted by Predator
Not Jinns .Its all deception. You probably havent seen or done magic before

http://www.vkmag.com/media/david_bla...c_revealed.pdf

Where is your Jinn there ?
Its silly to assume i haven't seen a magic trick done. Yes, on the whole it is a deception but people like David Blaine and Derren Brown take it to the next level and pull most of their tricks off with help of Jinns.

That's my opinion, i'm not saying its a fact and to be quite frank i really don't care either way. Its the least of my worries.

LauraS
05-30-2012, 02:08 PM
It's all just illusion at the end of the day, I've seen some that appear mind blowing, then they tell you how it's done and you're like oh, is that it? lol

~ Sabr ~
05-30-2012, 02:14 PM
But I argue that they COULD be working with Jinns, sometimes....

Salahudeen
05-30-2012, 04:33 PM
Quote "obviously fake, your heart is block by your rib cage so his hands wouldn't fit through. He's wearing prostatic skin."

Predator
05-30-2012, 04:40 PM
Yes, on the whole it is a deception but people like David Blaine and Derren Brown take it to the next level and pull most of their tricks off with help of Jinns.
Which tricks are u referring to ? Let us know so we can find out the secrets behind them.

I have seen better real stuff at Ripley's than the deception done by those clowns .

Abz2000
05-30-2012, 05:20 PM
lololol, it definitely looked like a false chest to me,
but God knows, have you seen this?

BadOlPuttyTat
05-30-2012, 05:24 PM
Don't make me laugh either with your tone. How do you or anyone else know he isn't using real magic? Go watch some of the mind tricks he does on people, Allah knows if they are staged or not but in my personal view he does use some form of magic.

Its silly to assume i haven't seen a magic trick done. Yes, on the whole it is a deception but people like David Blaine and Derren Brown take it to the next level and pull most of their tricks off with help of Jinns.

That's my opinion, i'm not saying its a fact and to be quite frank i really don't care either way. Its the least of my worries.
He doesnt even go through the rib cage!. I can see his chest sticking out! It is SOOOOOOOOOOOOO FAKE! If you fail to notice this I pity you so bad. Your like a caveman

Endymion
05-30-2012, 06:10 PM
I have better things to watch sizta,come on,are you really believing this ^o)

All that i enjoyed in this thread is FREAKOFF LEASH's siggy.I thought it was a real fly and i was trying to remove that fly with mouse pointer ;D

BadOlPuttyTat
05-30-2012, 06:31 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by endymion

i have better things to watch sizta,come on,are you really believing this ^o)

all that i enjoyed in this thread is freakoff leash's siggy.i thought it was a real fly and i was trying to remove that fly with mouse pointer ;d

it worked! Yes!
i knew it would pay off!

Naeema
05-30-2012, 06:34 PM
For a good explanation of illusion done well, I recommend watching Penn & Teller do their cups and balls trick. They are quite famous for doing it and then redoing it with clear cups while explaining it. Even though you know what is going to happen and they are telling you what they are doing, it's shocking how little you can see of their actual hand movements. Illusionists who are good enough to make a living at this are truly skilled.

A good clean language video of this is when Penn & Teller were on Jonathan Ross' show, dated 2010.07.09, for which there is a clip on Youtube. (Sorry, I can't provide a link, but it should be easy to search.)

Muezzin
05-30-2012, 07:20 PM
People, please do not validate David Blaine's existence by saying that he has a connection with Jinns.

He is an illusionist, nothing more. An attention-seeking one at that.

Derren Brown's stuff is all staged as well.

Magic tricks are just that, tricks. Real magic is black magic, not parlour tricks. I know someone who does card tricks. Is he using the power of Jinns? No, he's using the YouTube videos which show you how to perform card tricks.

Then again, I suppose if an illusionist has actually fooled people into thinking what they did was real, he must be a pretty good showman.

BadOlPuttyTat
05-30-2012, 07:26 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muezzin
People, please do not validate David Blaine's existence by saying that he has a connection with Jinns.

Magic tricks are just that, tricks. Real magic is black magic, not parlour tricks. I know someone who does card tricks. Is he using the power of Jinns? No, he's using the YouTube videos which show you how to perform card tricks.

Then again, I suppose if an illusionist has actually fooled people into thinking what they did was real, he must be a pretty good showman.
Amen brother :bravo:

Darth Ultor
05-30-2012, 07:53 PM

YES. He's complete attention-seeker. No, David, I don't want pick a card. **** off.

~ Sabr ~
05-30-2012, 07:59 PM

With this the thread can be closed InshaAllaah.

:threadclo

IslamicRevival
05-31-2012, 11:15 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by FreakOffALeash

He doesnt even go through the rib cage!. I can see his chest sticking out! It is SOOOOOOOOOOOOO FAKE! If you fail to notice this I pity you so bad. Your like a caveman
Maybe you should read my posts before posting anything. I wasn't even talking about the heart trick. I never said its real, only a fool would believe a human can take his heart out just like that. I was talking about magic tricks in general, more specifically mind tricks this particular individual and magicians of his ilk do on people.

You should tone it down a little, the way you've come across in the last few posts is arrogant and your attitude stinks.
Peace out caveman, maybe try learning some manners.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!