/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Muslim World Silent on Syrian Government Massacre

Roasted Cashew
05-29-2012, 02:13 PM
Countries expel Syrian diplomats as U.N. faults Syrian government in massacre

(CNN) -- Countries across the globe expelled Syrian diplomats Tuesday in a coordinated move reflecting the international outrage about a massacre in the town of Houla.
A U.N. official said it's "clear" that Syrian government forces were involved in the massacre, which left more than 100 people dead, nearly half of them children.
A "fairly small number appear to have been killed by shelling, artillery and tank fire which took place over a period of more than 12 hours," said Rupert Colville, a spokesman for the U.N. human rights office.
The majority died as a result of "summary executions" by "armed men who went house to house, killing men, women and children inside," he said.
"What is clear is government forces were involved. They were shelling, using tanks and artillery. And it appears to be Shabiha militia (a government militia group), entering houses and slaughtering people in what is really an abominable crime that took place throughout the day on Friday.".....

Source: http://edition.cnn.com/2012/05/29/wo...html?hpt=hp_t1

Had this massacre taken place in Israel and the Palestinian children had died and if UN had declared Israel responsible - there would have been violent protests all over the Muslim world. Hell, before even UN could have an official stand, everyone would have declared Israel as the aggressor. Shame Muslims Shame.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Muslim Woman
05-29-2012, 04:34 PM
:sl:

The unrest & rebelling going on in Syria & other Muslim countries are confusing . Who are behind these , who are supplying arms to civilians ?

Because of Conspiracy theory , suspicion that US & Isreal interest are involved behind ' Arab Spring ' are dividing Muslims .

May Allah grants what is best for the Ummah.

Aprender
05-29-2012, 05:44 PM
It's sad that now even after this happened I see more American celebrities and non-Muslims speaking out against this and asking why more is not being done to help. Sad state of humanity when something like this happens but no one with the authority is taking up arms to help. Politics aside, there is no excuse for the Muslim countries not going in to help. Surely something can be done to get rid of the scum who murdered these children and continue to do so!

May Allah guide us all!

جوري
05-29-2012, 06:22 PM
No one is doing anything for Syrians due to the simple reason that no one wants to. The death of Sunnis in Syria is very beneficial to Israel and the west as well the 3ilawis and shias.
My friends in Jordan are telling me of Humvees filling their streets and constant summits and overwhelming support from the west to their king 'AbduAllah' for the simple reason that if these revolts creep into Jordan it will literally spell a disaster so they're nipping it i the bud while they can.. and if Syrians can't be eradicated by Asad whom they also adore, they'll be eradicated by NATO..
He has manages to exclusively let only 3ilawis into the air force and thus they can bomb strategically at will. If the rebel army gets a hold of planes or if a Muslim Majority nations helps them with that, then they can manage to overthrow him in shaa Allah without 'Anan's plan or so and so's plan.. They only have one plan for Muslims..

If anyone speaks Arabic it might be useful to them to watch this:

politics makes for strange bedfellows but anyone can see why Iran and the U.S and Israel have a very similar agenda. It is an hour and a half of your time but well worth it to have an understanding of the geopolitical situation..

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
KDhieb
05-29-2012, 07:04 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by لميس

politics makes for strange bedfellows but anyone can see why Iran and the U.S and Israel have a very similar agenda. It is an hour and a half of your time but well worth it to have an understanding of the geopolitical situation..
Salam ,

I wish I could understand it fully... it seems to be very informative..
lol, its not really useful when i can make out half the sentences, and the rest is left to my imagination ! but i'll definitely share it with my mom Insha Allah to get a better understanding

Jedi_Mindset
05-29-2012, 07:11 PM
No one is doing anything for Syrians due to the simple reason that no one wants to. The death of Sunnis in Syria is very beneficial to Israel and the west as well the 3ilawis and shias.
My friends in Jordan are telling me of Humvees filling their streets and constant summits and overwhelming support from the west to their king 'AbduAllah' for the simple reason that if these revolts creep into Jordan it will literally spell a disaster so they're nipping it i the bud while they can.. and if Syrians can't be eradicated by Asad whom they also adore, they'll be eradicated by NATO..
He has manages to exclusively let only 3ilawis into the air force and thus they can bomb strategically at will. If the rebel army gets a hold of planes or if a Muslim Majority nations helps them with that, then they can manage to overthrow him in shaa Allah without 'Anan's plan or so and so's plan.. They only have one plan for Muslims..

*vid*

Can u translate the vid for me sis?
I honestly believe that Syria will be iraq part 2, there will be a point (Whilst the nato/zionists support al-assad and death squads) where they will say: For the security of israel we need to invade syria and estabilish another puppet government, with death squads i don't mean the mujahideen but rather the ones who caused damasacus twin bombings and other bombings.

They want syria to plunge into major chaos so that the west will say: We need to stop this now! and they're gonna invade syria, meanwhile they're the bigger satan and bomb every house which contains muslims. Typical dajjal agenda, typical man.

(2) Narrated Zainab bint Jahsh: That the Prophet once came to her in a state of fear and said, "None has the right to be worshipped but Allah. Woe unto the Arabs from a danger that has come near. An opening has been made in the wall of gog and Magog like this," making a circle with his thumb and index finger. Zainab bint Jahsh said, "O Allah's Apostle! Shall we be destroyed even though there are pious persons among us?" He said, "Yes, when the evil person will increase." (Book #55, Hadith #565)

جوري
05-29-2012, 07:13 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by KDhieb
Salam ,

I wish I could understand it fully... it seems to be very informative..
lol, its not really useful when i can make out half the sentences, and the rest is left to my imagination ! but i'll definitely share it with my mom Insha Allah to get a better understanding
Al7mdullilah ukhty that you've made the effort. I am rather disappointed with the state of affairs. No one wishes to listen to people of knowledge and yet somehow everyone is a mini scholar. There's a deep history there that goes back to the Safavid empire and even before that, which has created a deep seed of hatred and is fostered in a most vile manner by the west because division of this ummah as well depleting its resources is its bread & butter for survival.
If there's a particular area you need a rough translation of in shaa Allah let me know but it will be very difficult to translate an hour & a half worth of talk..

Jedi_Mindset
05-29-2012, 07:28 PM
Sis can you reply to my message i posted above your post? because this is gonna get really ugly, in the rest of the arab world, i don't want to spread panic, but prophet muhammed(Saw) prophesied that harj will increase, hajr means killings. Bloodsheds, civil wars. When this happens in saudi arabia i'm gonna go

''counter-terrorism'' no you mean counter islamic revival.

جوري
05-29-2012, 07:37 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Jedi_Mindset
Sis can you reply to my message i posted above your post? because this is gonna get really ugly, in the rest of the arab world, i don't want to spread panic, but prophet muhammed(Saw) prophesied that harj will increase, hajr means killings. Bloodsheds, civil wars. When this happens in saudi arabia i'm gonna go

''counter-terrorism'' no you mean counter islamic revival.
Sorry I missed that I'll have a look after a quick errand in shaa Allah

Aprender
05-29-2012, 07:47 PM
We really need to learn Arabic...

جوري
05-29-2012, 07:58 PM
Can u translate the vid for me sis?
Which vid? I just looked at the one you posted and it is in English.. btw the those 'drills' are there to be against the Jordanian citizen should they even remotely think of revolting.

The Vid I posted is an hour and a half. I have posted a translation of a video that was 21 minutes by sheikh waseem al yusuf which I don't think many people took interest in and it took five hours... an hour and a half will take all day.. I'll try to find an English equivalent though

Jedi_Mindset
05-29-2012, 08:17 PM

Which vid? I just looked at the one you posted and it is in English.. btw the those 'drills' are there to be against the Jordanian citizen should they even remotely think of revolting.

The Vid I posted is an hour and a half. I have posted a translation of a video that was 21 minutes by sheikh waseem al yusuf which I don't think many people took interest in and it took five hours... an hour and a half will take all day.. I'll try to find an English equivalent though
ok, Jazaak'Allah for your efforts.

Btw the countries participating in the drills are qatar, egypt, saudi occupied arabia, jordan, usa, morocco, france, pakistan: to name a few. they're training them to counter revolutions, although i doubt the egyptian government will, since muslim brotherhood are seriously gonna take over the government system Insha'Allah

Pakistan, well they are doing it already, dropping phosphorous bombs on muslims homes and schools in pakistan and uzhbekistan.

جوري
05-29-2012, 08:30 PM
ok, Jazaak'Allah for your efforts.

Btw the countries participating in the drills are qatar, egypt, saudi occupied arabia, jordan, usa, morocco, france, pakistan: to name a few. they're training them to counter revolutions, although i doubt the egyptian government will, since muslim brotherhood are seriously gonna take over the government system Insha'Allah

Pakistan, well they are doing it already, dropping phosphorous bombs on muslims homes and schools in pakistan and uzhbekistan.
I feel terrible that you'd ask a noble thing and I'd deny it. I'll make an effort to find an English equivalent but the video really is extensive to try to translate.
I am having my doubt that the Muslim Brotherhood will be able to do much for Egypt. The problem is far deeper rooted than you can imagine. The Muslim brotherhood is reduced to a mere front. The old admin and with daily help has an intricate iron clad network still very much in power. If you can imagine someone like Shafeeq abutting the Muslim Brotherhood. It is a wonder at all he has one vote let alone head to head...
We should be very worried. It isn't time to take a sigh of relief yet, not by a long shot.
what you see in Jordan is hilarious. Take out a map and look at its strategic location. If it falls to Muslims it will literally spell disaster to the west as well Arab despots given that it would be the first fall of a Kingship..

and Allah swt knows best in all matters.

Jedi_Mindset
05-30-2012, 05:53 AM

I feel terrible that you'd ask a noble thing and I'd deny it. I'll make an effort to find an English equivalent but the video really is extensive to try to translate.
I am having my doubt that the Muslim Brotherhood will be able to do much for Egypt. The problem is far deeper rooted than you can imagine. The Muslim brotherhood is reduced to a mere front. The old admin and with daily help has an intricate iron clad network still very much in power. If you can imagine someone like Shafeeq abutting the Muslim Brotherhood. It is a wonder at all he has one vote let alone head to head...
We should be very worried. It isn't time to take a sigh of relief yet, not by a long shot.
what you see in Jordan is hilarious. Take out a map and look at its strategic location. If it falls to Muslims it will literally spell disaster to the west as well Arab despots given that it would be the first fall of a Kingship..

and Allah swt knows best in all matters.
Don't worry sister, i have patience.

And Yes, i think that will be the bell being rung

Roasted Cashew
05-30-2012, 09:30 AM
Are you saying Pakistani military is dropping phosphorus bombs on fellow Muslims?? Maybe I didn't get u right?

LauraS
05-30-2012, 02:06 PM
How anyone can "execute" children is beyond me, it's just sick. I hope these people get what they deserve. Like the Beslan school massacre, I'm glad the police let the parents get to one of the terrorists.

I have a feeling I might regret posting this but it has to be said, how come a thread where Muslims commit an atrocity has to be somehow turned around to a rant at the west?

Jedi_Mindset
05-30-2012, 03:19 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Roasted Cashew
Are you saying Pakistani military is dropping phosphorus bombs on fellow Muslims?? Maybe I didn't get u right?
Yes, i've spoken with pakistanis, Especially ones who live in the northwest regions. the pakistani army shot phosphorous bombs into a girl/women school.

And their ''war on terror'' in uzbhekistan killed many also, and this is why the islamic movement of uzbhekistan was revived again.

Abz2000
05-30-2012, 03:40 PM

O ye who believe! If a transgressor comes to you with any news, ascertain the truth,
lest ye harm people unwittingly, and afterwards become full of repentance for what ye have done.
Quran 49:6

BBC Caught In Syria Massacre Propaganda Hoax

News agency uses picture of dead Iraqi children to depict alleged government atrocity

The British media has been caught yet again with its pants down in the effort to sell a NATO-led attack on Syria, with the revelation that BBC News used a years-old photo of dead Iraqi children to depict victims of an alleged government assault on the town of Houla.

Click for enlargement.
In a report issued hours after the massacre, the BBC used a photo that was first published over nine years ago and taken in Al Mussayyib, Iraq. The image shows a child skipping over the dead bodies of hundreds of Iraqi children who have been transported from a mass grave to be identified.
The caption used by the BBC to describe the image stated that the picture was provided by an activist and “believed to show the bodies of children in Houla awaiting burial”. After the “mistake” was exposed, the BBC changed their original article but did not issue a retraction.
The photographer who took the original picture, Marco Di Lauro, posted on his Facebook page, “Somebody is using my images as a propaganda against the Syrian government to prove the massacre.” Di Lauro told the London Telegraph he was “astonished” the BBC had failed to check the authenticity of the image.
“What I am really astonished by is that a news organization like the BBC doesn’t check the sources and it’s willing to publish any picture sent it by anyone: activist, citizen journalist or whatever. That’s all,” said Di Lauro.
Information surrounding the massacre at Houla clearly suggests that the murders were carried out by death squads and not shelling by government tanks. Video footage of the child victims (warning – graphic) appears to show gunshot wounds to the face and stab wounds. None of the victims appear to have lost any limbs.
As RT reports, “Many of the victims were executed at point blank-range,” a fact inconsistent with the explanation that tank shelling was responsible for the bloodshed. It’s equally as likely that terrorist death squads, responsible for numerous deadly bombings in Syria that have killed scores of people, were responsible for the massacre.
As Tony Cartalucci writes, “Why on earth would the Syrian Government want to kill Syrian children? And even if for some reason they did – why would they do so in a way more or less guaranteed to attract international condemnation and renewed calls for intervention? In other words, ‘cui bono‘? (who benefits).

i pulled this out of the evening standard 2 days ago:

looks more like the work of organized trained cold blooded mercenaries than "civilian" supporters.
Blackwater type mercenaries.

does any of us recall the fake story of saddam armies throwing babies out of incubators - which all turned out to be false???

Roasted Cashew
05-30-2012, 04:00 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by LauraS
I have a feeling I might regret posting this but it has to be said, how come a thread where Muslims commit an atrocity has to be somehow turned around to a rant at the west?
This saddens me too. I started this thread with the purpose of highlighting Muslim on Muslim atrocities but Muslims over here on this board are so blind that even in it they find WESTERN CONSPIRACY.

جوري
05-30-2012, 04:03 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abz2000
“Why on earth would the Syrian Government want to kill Syrian children?
Maybe that's a hoax but this isn't

problem is that Muslims aren't helping -- they're happy when NATO comes in to 'save the day'..

Roasted Cashew
Yes, i've spoken with pakistanis, Especially ones who live in the northwest regions. the pakistani army shot phosphorous bombs into a girl/women school.
Can you quote a news source which mentions this atrocity?

جوري
This saddens me too. I started this thread with the purpose of highlighting Muslim on Muslim atrocities but Muslims over here on this board are so blind that even in it they find WESTERN CONSPIRACY.
Allawis aren't Muslim.. have you read up on them?

best,

Jedi_Mindset
05-30-2012, 04:07 PM
Can you quote a news source which mentions this atrocity?
Problems there isn't one, especially not western media , maybe pakistani. there are a few ''news-sources'' on this forum though. Sis Periwinkle told me about this, and she is pakistani so.

Indeed Sis Bluebell now check this:

It will not be long before Bashar al-Assad will sit naked and battered, haemorrhaging to death on the curb of history like other uninhibited despots before him. As his regime hurtles chaotically out of control amidst an ever-reddening blur of desperate savagery, allies are solemnly administering Last Rites, predators and victims are circling for a feast they have long yearned for, and the many lies, secrets and bones buried in the family mausoleum are finally about to be undug.

Amongst the secrets is one already mentioned in popular circles by the late singer, Ibrahim Qashoush. A few months ago, Qashoush stood on a platform in central Hama and sung in support of the uprising like he usually did. However, one of his lines was a late addition: 'O Maher [Al-Assad, the brother of Bashar] you are a coward; an agent of the Americans'. Though apparently inconsequential, a few days later Qashoush was found dead with his throat slit open.

Such secrets pertaining to the agency of the Assad family are already obvious to those who know the regime most intimately. The minoritarian Assad regime has long deployed and exploited fraudulent notions of pan-Arabism and political resistance only to mandate its existence. For beyond the popular sloganeering, the Assad regime is deeply intimate and at ease with its alleged enemies.

The Assads' blatant historical cooperation with the United States of America on key strategic issues and latent agreement with Israel are easily demonstrated. And these forty years of treachery to the 'Arab and Palestinian cause', supposedly the cause de celebre of Damascus, have left visible remnants in Iraq, Lebanon, Palestine and, of course, Syria that are visible to all.

Case One: Israeli-Syrian Peace Negotiations and Mutual Confidence

The Golan Heights, a plateau of great strategic importance at about a fifth the size of Lebanon, has been occupied by Israel right throughout the tenures of Hafez and Bashar al-Assad. The Syrian military, however, has not engaged the Israeli Defence Forces in an attempt to liberate its own occupied territory since 1973. Instead, an agreement in 1974, signed by the government of Hafez al-Assad, has allowed Israel to extend a de facto annexation over the Golan Heights with no challenge.

Furthermore, Hafez Al-Assad had even promised Benyamin Netanyahu to give up parts of Syrian territory to Israel in a prospective peace deal. Far from 'liberating Palestine from the river to the sea', as Al-Assad once claimed he'd do, he offered to give up the Hermon to Israel so that the Jewish state might keep an eye on its eastern border. Netanyahu, in statements documented by Israel's leading paper Yedioth Ahronoth, says: "He gave me the Hermon. I must say that I was surprised, but he gave me the Hermon and I was pleased."

Such concessions, which contradict the apparent commitment to 'liberating Palestine' and instead seek to achieve peace and recognise Israel, are a historical forte of the Assad regime. The 1991 Madrid Peace Conference, which the Syrian government participated in and followed up with direct talks with Israel right throughout the 90's, was a precursor to flirtation and talks between the two parties the following decade.
Between September 2004 and July 2006, the Syrian and Israeli representatives reached a 'formulation for peace' through secret talks. The Assad regime was willing to sacrifice Hamas, its alleged ally, in an attempt to appease Israel in the agreement. These negotiations continued unhindered under Turkish mediation between 2008 and 2010, despite Israel's Operation Cast Lead in 2009 that led to the death of more than a thousand civilians in Gaza.

This willingness on the part of the Assads to make peace with Israel, normalise relations with it and recognise its existence paints an image contrary to the popular rhetoric of the Syrian regime. And it is for this very reason that Israel's leading security and political officials have expressed great concern at the thought of the Assad regime collapsing.

For example, Amos Gilad, the Director of Political-Military Affairs at the Israel Ministry of Defense, stated that the removal of Assad would be a 'devastating crisis fοr Israel.' Similarly, Israel's prominent daily newspaper, Ha'aretz, ran an editorial immediately after the start of the Syrian uprising declaring Assad to be 'Israel's favourite dictator of all' and that 'it seems Assad has wall-to-wall support here, as though he were king of Israel'.

Such sentiments have also been expressed by the Syrian regime itself. Rami Makhlouf, President Bashar al-Assad's cousin and one of his confidants, waved the stability card at Israel during his May interview with the New York Times when he stated: "If there is no stability here, there's no way there will be stability in Israel." As such, only through the survival of the Assad regime can Israel maintain its stability and security, creating a relationship in diametric contradiction to the grand claims of the Syrian regime and its supporters.
Case Two: The Gulf War and Syria's Cooperation with the United States

During the 1991 Gulf War, the Assad regime chose to actively support the US-led campaign that resulted in the death of thousands of Iraqi civilians. Despite the fact that Saddam Hussein was fighting a coalition led by the West and lobbing scud missiles at Israel, Hafez al-Assad still opted to side with the United States of America and send in troops to support the campaign. Singlehandedly, such should have been sufficient to nullify the regime's pan-Arab and resistance credentials forever.

Furthermore, the Syrian regime cooperated with the United States of America in Lebanon. President Bush Senior and subsequent presidents entrusted the Syrian regime with controlling and occupying Lebanon for fifteen years following the Taef Accord to end the Lebanese Civil War. The security agencies of both countries also cooperated extensively during the war in subduing Palestinian resistance groups and arming militias loyal to their mutual strategic interests.

This cooperation between the US and Syria also extends to intelligence, the most notable recent case being that of Maher Arar, who was transferred between Syrian and American hands under the charge of being a member of Al-Qaeda. Ironically, this process took place during the tenure of George Bush, who allegedly designated Syria as part of the 'Axis of Evil', and had supposedly cut off relations with Damascus after the assassination of Rafiq Al-Hariri in Lebanon in 2005.

Such cases demonstrate a heightened level of confidence and trust between Washington and an autocrat who has demonstratively and apparently done nothing but denounce the United States of America. Of course, the real relationship between the Assads and American administrations of the past four decades was beyond strong; one manifestation of which is in the confidence between Bashar al-Assad and John Kerry, the chairman of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee and an ardent pro-Israel senator.

Kerry, Congress's point man on engaging the Syrian regime, met Assad six times in two years and called him, along with Hillary Clinton, a reformer even after the violent crackdown in March of 2011. Assad even found a confidant in Kerry according to the Wall Street Journal. The Journal recounts how'Kerry described how the Syrian leader bemoaned the growing conservatism in Syria' and the fact that Assad's wife 'had to wear a head-scarf when visiting Damascus's historic Umayyad mosque'.

Assad's strong relationship with American senators, House representatives and diplomats is further demonstrated in cables released by Wikileaks. In a meeting in March of 2009, just five weeks after the end of the Gaza War, Assad met American diplomats and denounced Hamas as 'uninvited guests' akin to the Muslim Brotherhood his father massacred in 1982. And in contrast to such enmity towards resistance forces, Assad emphasised that he 'saw two key common interests between Syria and the US: peace in the region and combating terrorism' and that the two administrations 'shared a common interest on 70 percent of the issues at hand'.

Case Three: A Bloody Contribution to the Palestinian Cause

One of the great ironies of the Syrian regime's history is that its mechanised divisions have murdered Palestinians above all. In 1976, the Syrian military invaded Lebanon to assist right-wing Christian forces, who happened to be allies of Israel, against the Palestinian forces led by Yasser Arafat. A few weeks later they again lined up alongside racist Christian militias, such as the Guardians of the Cedars, to commit unspeakable atrocities in the Tel az-Za'atar refugee camp.

Over three thousand Palestinian refugees, essentially the most downtrodden and oppressed of any community in the Middle East, were slaughtered in cold blood by Syria and the Christian, Israeli proxies in Tel az-Za'tar. To add insult to injury, the camp was then bulldozed and its refugees relocated and scattered all over Lebanon, many to be eventually slaughtered by the Syrian-Israeli double-agent Elie Hobeika and his militia in the Sabra and Shatila massacre.

Bashar al-Assad recently revived his father's fetish for Palestinian blood by using gunboats and ground troops to attack a refugee camp off the Syrian coast in August, 2011. Dozens were killed and over five thousand people were forced to leave according to the United Nations Relief and Works Agency.

Conclusion

The Assads might not have been blatant and direct allies of the West and Israel like some other forces in the region over the past four decades, but they were definitely complicit to the international, West-dominated political order. They were without doubt in agreement with the United States of America on strategic issues and in active, serial cooperation with Israel. All the while, they upheld a popular façade of resistance and anti-Americanism. As Israel's foreign minister said in November 2010, 'Assad is enjoying the best of both worlds'.

While the regime may have funded resistance groups for an array of purposes, its own artillery has only found the flesh of those in Syria, Iraq and Lebanon. Not a single bullet has been fired over the Golan Heights or at Israel for forty years, and that remains a supreme reality that supersedes all the rambling propaganda the regime is now putting out.

So when the brave people of Syrian rip down the imaginary curtain once and for all, the resistance paradigm in the Middle East will not be compromised. In fact, the seeds for a genuine and authentic challenge to Israel will be taking form and re-shaping the Levant forever. This is the beginning, not the end.
http://www.khilafah.com/index.php/comment/13467-dont-weep-over-the-grand-delusion-of-an-assadic-resistance/

i believe honestly the only thing that the west is arming syrian mujahids is that the west does it for its own agenda, for dajjal's one, so they will pave the way for an invasion. I see a new iraq coming. The west or NATO is gonna be their ''saviour'' while they only want to kill syrians for the sake of israel. Just like al-assad is doing.
Israel keeps no secret of it either:

Israel no longer wants to ‘preserve’ the Syrian regime: report

Israel has changed its stance on the future of the regime of Syrian President Bashar al-Assad, an Israeli newspaper reported on Wednesday citing an Israeli military chief.

A report by Israel’s Haaretz daily quoted a European diplomat, close to the talks held by the Israeli military intelligence chief, Maj. Gen. Aviv Kochavi’s in the United States, as saying that the Israeli intelligence community has changed its stance on Syria and now sees the Jewish state as “better off” if Assad’s regime was toppled.

Israel believes Assad’s fate is sealed, and the only question is how long his regime will last before it is eventually toppled, Kochavi said, according to the diplomat.

Two weeks ago, Kochavi was on a secret visit to Washington and the U.N. headquarters in New York, where he discussed Iran’s nuclear program, developments in Syria and Hezbollah’s increasing influence in Lebanon. In Washington, he met with senior White House and State Department officials, as well as senior officials in the Defense Department Intelligence Agency and the CIA.

Israel, however, fears that Islamists will seize the opportunity, amid the roiling Syrian crisis, and hijack the Syrian government if Assad’s regime was toppled.

The Jewish state, which is closely monitoring events in Syria, dreads the aftermath of a toppled Syrian regime and that it could see the Syrian Golan Heights fall in the hands of terrorist groups like al-Qaeda.

Israel has warned of similar dangerous security vacuum in the Sinai Peninsula in Egypt.

In early May, Israel warned Egypt that it has to control the rising unrest in Sinai if it wants to preserve peace with Israel.
http://www.alarabiya.net/articles/20...16/214419.html

look at the word ''preserve''.

Abz2000
05-30-2012, 04:17 PM
Maybe that's a hoax but this isn't
my respected sis lamees, i edited the post to show how they themselves are being very careful to initially assert accusations without getting their story together.

the picz i posted were from the london evening standard.

and because they couldn't directly put it on the army, they're trying to claim that it is "civilians loyal to assad".

ladies and gentlemen, do we not see a full blown murderous propaganda campaign in bloom here?

and are these not the people who are spreading this news and trying to capitalize on it in order to "save the people"???

جوري
05-30-2012, 04:25 PM
sis lamees, i edited the post to show how they themselves are being very careful to initially assert accusations without getting their story together.

and because they couldn't directly put it on the army, they're trying to claim that it is "civilians loyal to assad".

ladies and gentlemen, do we not see a full blown murderous propaganda campaign in bloom here?
I am not denying there's a disgusting hand in all of this the same hand perhaps that's making a filool like shafeeq of Egypt who should in fact stand trial abut the Muslim brotherhood for the presidency-- but I am also exposed to many things in Arabic and news that the majority of people aren't exposed to. At the End of the day it is our Ahel as'sunnah brothers and sisters and children being killed while Anan and NATO etc paint a picture of their vision for the middle east... What ails us that we can't stand to them or in the least aid our brothers & sisters?

:w:

Jedi_Mindset
05-30-2012, 04:25 PM
my respected sis lamees, i edited the post to show how they themselves are being very careful to initially assert accusations without getting their story together.

and are these not the people who are spreading this news and trying to capitalize on it in order to "save the people"???

http://www.presstv.ir/detail/243707.html

iranian source but the pics don't lie

but i still believe assad needs to be toppled, its a baathist government and still murderous. Ive talked with syrians and they are all against him.

Roasted Cashew
05-30-2012, 04:40 PM
Allawis aren't Muslim.. have you read up on them?
So they are a branch of Shia. Let God be the judge on who is a true Muslim and who isn't. The world defines Shia as a sect of Islam and so do I. A Muslim is a follower of religion of Islam. Let's not play God here.

Abz2000
05-30-2012, 04:41 PM
i agree with you on assad's baathist regime,

and whoever does not judge by what Allah revealed, those are they that are the disbelievers.
Quran 5:44

but i definitely don't want to be deceived like they did with the planet when it was saddam's baathist regime.
that's over one million of our brothers and sisters, dead, imprisoned, tortured, raped, beaten to death, and even skinned alive.

the story went from "saddam loyalists" to "insurgents", to "Islamic insurgents" to "muslim terrorists".

because for sure there will be a bloodbath if nato or their proxy arab governments invade.
and the people of syria will not tolerate a foreign invasion.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nayirah_(testimony)

Every time they kindle the fire of war, Allah doth extinguish it;
but they (ever) strive to do corruption on earth. And Allah loveth not those who do corruption.
Quran 5:64

cashew, i'm noticing a pattern with you where you are quick to "play god" and judge and call any random government which does not establish Islam a Muslim government (against the dictates of the quran), and use that to tarnish the reputation of muslims, you have been very quick to accuse Muslims at the drop of a hat as soon as bbc or cnn come out with a news report.

O Messenger! let not those grieve thee, who race each other into unbelief:
(whether it be) among those who say "We believe" with their lips but whose hearts have no faith; or it be among the Jews,
- men who will listen to any lie,
- will listen even to others who have never so much as come to thee.
They change the words from their (right) times and places: they say, "If ye are given this, take it, but if not, beware!" If any one's trial is intended by Allah, thou hast no authority in the least for him against Allah. For such - it is not Allah's will to purify their hearts. For them there is disgrace in this world, and in the Hereafter a heavy punishment.

Quran 5:41

but i have yet to see you openly support armed defence of our Muslim brothers and sisters in Iraq and Afganistan,
does the love of Muslims and fear of God give way to fear of being surveilled?

the way your earlier post came across was: we are meant to be vilifying Muslims here, why are "muslims on this board" (indicating that you're not one of us) turning "their" sights on the benevolent followers of satan.

btw, look up the definition of the word conspircacy, i'm sure even you won't try to pretend that the western leaders are discussing all of these plans in public.

know that those who rush to appease the enemies of Islam will ROAST in hell

GuestFellow
05-30-2012, 05:05 PM
I don't think outside forces can actually resolve what's going on in Syria. Even if the Muslim world spoke out in it's current state, I doubt they could do anything useful. :/

جوري
05-30-2012, 05:51 PM
So they are a branch of Shia. Let God be the judge on who is a true Muslim and who isn't. The world defines Shia as a sect of Islam and so do I. A Muslim is a follower of religion of Islam. Let's not play God here.
Are they a branch of Islam' and let God Judge?

It is frightening when you can't tell right from wrong out of 'political correctness' or whatever it is you subscribe to to govern how you reason.

best,

Jedi_Mindset
05-30-2012, 06:15 PM
How much i despise the syrian government, i deny that both Syrian opposition and Syrian army are behind these massacres. It is rebel-controlled territory. the bodies weren't killed by shellings but executions. people believe its al-assads secret militia, i believe there is a third party right there, killing innocents. US blackwaters moving via iraq? Maybe. To pave the way for a faster US-led invasion. Look, who caused the syrian twin bombings? Not al-assad nor opposition. The elites have their hands on it by funding assad and rebels, and to offer a solution: ''Our peacekeeping nato forces need to go into syria and create a peacefull government'' typical dajjal propaganda man.

you know why i came to this conclusion? Well, a christian brother told me a story when he served in the romanian army under communist rule. very interesting story...

Abz2000
05-30-2012, 07:11 PM
check this out and i'm sure you'll get a feeling that it's not as it appears:

http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=eri...ient=firefox-a

Jedi_Mindset
05-30-2012, 07:37 PM
check this out and i'm sure you'll get a feeling that it's not as it appears:

http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=eri...ient=firefox-a
I know about Blackwater, they are still in iraq(Between 8000-10,000) and probably the cause of recent bombings. They're very rude people and only do it for the $$$ to help the goals of the USA and israel. I believe certainly they're behind massacres, including in syria. During the start of revolution, masked snipers attacked both government forces and opposition, so the ''blame-game'' would start. This was the exactly thing what the christian brother was facing, when the romanian revolution started. It started peacefull, until his army unit got attacked by a sniper (A comrade got hit in his leg). They killed the sniper and found him laying on the ground, the necklace was very suprising: Israeli star of david and the sniper was american made

GuestFellow
05-30-2012, 09:17 PM
Salaam,

I do not think it is wise to call people that are following Islam incorrectly as non-Muslims. Some might be ignorant or do not have the educational background to understand Islam properly. Others need more time to understand the true version of Islam. I personally do not understand Arabic and have to rely on Islamic scholars to teach me about the scriptures. As soon as we label other sects as non-Muslims, it is difficult to establish dialogue and to correct them.

Overall, I'm very reluctant to call other people kaffir. However, I think correcting them is acceptable, as long as it is done in a polite and timely manner.

EDIT:

I think it is a possibility the Syrian government played a role in the massacre. There might be other groups involved. However, I doubt any of us know who is truly responsible.

Roasted Cashew
05-30-2012, 09:23 PM
cashew, i'm noticing a pattern with you where you are quick to "play god" and judge and call any random government which does not establish Islam a Muslim government (against the dictates of the quran), and use that to tarnish the reputation of muslims, you have been very quick to accuse Muslims at the drop of a hat as soon as bbc or cnn come out with a news report.
People here if they know me at all by my previous posts know that I like to highlight our(Muslims) own faults, atrocities, sins, etc. I am a firm believer that we need to clean our own house first before we start yelling at others(west). Why is it easy for us(Muslims) to see an ant on someone's else lawn while we do not see the elephant in our own backyard. And as for western sources, yes I find it boring to read sources which are pro-Arab, Islam, Muslim. I like to read thier(western) perspective and I find it more interesting. And if they write something good abt us(Muslims, Islam), I am the first one to share that as well.

i have yet to see you openly support armed defence of our Muslim brothers and sisters in Iraq and Afganistan
Because I hear more civilians die in suicide bomb attacks then American or Nato troops. Because I hear the Taliban poisoning little girls for attending school. Because I hear a lot of things which I do not or will never support. BTW, have you ever seen me supporting the American invasion? or drone attacks? So why are you making assumptions??

does the love of Muslims and fear of God give way to fear of being surveilled?
Certainly not.

will ROAST in hell
I like what u did there...:Evil:

GuestFellow
05-30-2012, 09:31 PM
People here if they know me at all by my previous posts know that I like to highlight our(Muslims) own faults, atrocities, sins, etc. I am a firm believer that we need to clean our own house first before we start yelling at others(west). Why is it easy for us(Muslims) to see an ant on someone's else lawn while we do not see the elephant in our own backyard. And as for western sources, yes I find it boring to read sources which are pro-Arab, Islam, Muslim. I like to read thier(western) perspective and I find it more interesting. And if they right something good abt us(Muslims, Islam), I am the first one to share that as well.
Salaam,

I admit that some Muslims have a difficult time correcting other Muslims that commit criminal offences, especially Muslims that appear to be practicing. Overall, we should correct Muslims and non-Muslims that have done wrong, as long as we are not judgemental.

Because I hear more civilians die in suicide bomb attacks then American or Nato troops. Because I hear the Taliban poisoning little girls for attending school. Because I hear a lot of things which I do not or will never support. BTW, have you ever seen me supporting the American invasion? or drone attacks? So why are you making assumptions??
Keep in mind, we do not know how many civilians NATO and American troops have killed. I do agree there has been violence in Afghanistan for a long time and I never heard many Muslims speak about these atrocities until Bush declare war. There are war lords who have done terrible things...

جوري
05-30-2012, 09:31 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Tragic Typos
I do not think it is wise to call people that are following Islam incorrectly as non-Muslims
I don't think it is fair to call people who don't follow the religion of Islam Muslim simply because they're under that impression.
There's a difference between a fasiq, an ignorant Muslims and a person completely outside the folds.
Islam rests upon five if I am to ignore Islam itself and just pay attention to the pillars upon which is stands and find that their declaration isn't to Allah or his prophet, they don't make their prayers as we do and as is prescribed or fulfill the other pillars then by what right should they be called Muslim?
To begin with there are conditions to the pillars, so what of people who don't even follow those all together?..
I mean come on..

Roasted Cashew
05-30-2012, 09:34 PM

Are they a branch of Islam' and let God Judge?

It is frightening when you can't tell right from wrong out of 'political correctness' or whatever it is you subscribe to to govern how you reason.

best,
I am sure this does not reflect the beliefs or opinion of the whole of the Alawi sect. And if it does, Allah will punish them accordingly for their "shirk" on the day of judgment. Until then, let's not play GOD.

GuestFellow
05-30-2012, 09:36 PM
I don't think it is fair to call people who don't follow the religion of Islam Muslim simply because they're under that impression.
There's a difference between a fasiq, an ignorant Muslims and a person completely outside the folds.
Islam rests upon five if I am to ignore Islam itself and just pay attention to the pillars upon which is stands and find that their declaration isn't to Allah or his prophet, they don't make their prayers as we do and as is described, nor fulfill the other pillars then by what right should they be called Muslim?
To begin with there are conditions to the pillars, so what of people who don't even follow those..
I mean come on..

:wa:

I personally will not label other sects as kaffir. I'm not going to risk it. I rather just correct other Muslims rather than label them. If they choose not to believe me, that so be it.

I'll leave it to responsible Islamic scholars to point out who are not practicing Islam correctly.

BTW, welcome back. Hope your doing well.

جوري
05-30-2012, 09:39 PM
I am sure this does not reflect the beliefs or opinion of the whole of the Alawi sect. And if it does, Allah will punish them accordingly for their "shirk" on the day of judgment. Until then, let's not play GOD.
Then perhaps you should read a little bit more about their beliefs before writing all together? What say you? They've already been declared by the scholars as kaffirs, along with their type like Ahmadis, qidyanis, bahais etc.

[][][878403835]
Al-An'am (The Cattle) [6:159]

[RECITE]
[top] [next match]

Inna allatheena farraqoo deenahum wakanoo shiyaAAan lasta minhum fee shayin innama amruhum ila Allahi thumma yunabbiohum bima kanoo yafAAaloona

You want to include them as Muslims then know that's your personal opinion and not the consensus!
I am just curious if you read the same Quran as the rest of us?

best,

GuestFellow
05-30-2012, 09:43 PM
Sometimes I have seen Muslims unintentionally cause divisions within the Ummah through arguments and support for nationalism. :/

جوري
05-30-2012, 09:43 PM
:wa:

I personally will not label other sects as kaffir. I'm not going to risk it. I rather just correct other Muslims rather than label them. If they choose not to believe me, that so be it.

I'll leave it to responsible Islamic scholars to point out who are not practicing Islam correctly.

BTW, welcome back. Hope your doing well.

Salamz akhi in shaa Allah this finds you well,

They ARE NOT sect of Islam to begin with there should be no sectarianism in Islam but I'll give it some shias especially those of Lebanon are very close to Sunnis even pray as we do. But these people Alawis are like Ahamdis there's nothing remotely close to Islam about them. They don't even believe in heaven or hell etc. they've odd eccentric beliefs which include reincarnation.. Do you think reincarnation has anything to do with Islam? Islam isn't a catch all phrase it is to submit to Allah swt and take no partners they don't even subscribe to that. It is said that Bashar 'converted' before he swore office only to gain a seat so exactly what does that mean in your book to convert? to me it means he's a non-Muslim and he still is..

جوري
05-30-2012, 09:45 PM
Sometimes I have seen Muslims unintentionally cause divisions within the Ummah through arguments and support for nationalism. :/
Nationalists and bad Muslims are one thing, being completely outside the folds of Islam and calling oneself a Muslim is another thing all together and it is really alarming because I don't want these people who have human bodies but evil souls to be counted as Muslims and they shouldn't be since they're not!

Roasted Cashew
05-30-2012, 09:50 PM
Then perhaps you should read a little bit more about their beliefs before writing all together?
I am. So far, I don't like what I am reading. Maybe I have to change Muslim on Muslim to "Arab on Arab"

They've already been declared by the scholars as kaffirs
According to the article on Wikipedia, the prominent Sunni Grand Mufti of Jerusalem Mohammad Amin al-Husayni, issued a fatwah recognizing them as part of the Muslim community in the interest of Arab nationalism. They cite two references to back this up.

جوري
05-30-2012, 09:59 PM
I am. So far, I don't like what I am reading. Maybe I have to change Muslim on Muslim to "Arab on Arab"
Share then of your reading what their beliefs are!
The last portion of your statement has no relevance to the premise!

According to the article on Wikipedia, the prominent Sunni Grand Mufti of Jerusalem Mohammad Amin al-Husayni, issued a fatwah recognizing them as part of the Muslim community in the interest of Arab nationalism. They cite two references to back this up.
Christians of the Arab world are also a part of the community in the interest of 'Arab nationalism' what's your point with regards to their beliefs?

btw as an addendum, grand muftis are usually yes men for govt. Officials just have a look at al azhar mufti ali jomaa who celebrated his birthday in Israel.
Try to cement your work with actual scholarly work not what you can google to save face. You know it is ok to let go of the bias of your mind if something comes along that's more convincing!

best,

Abz2000
05-30-2012, 10:21 PM
i believe Obama isn't a Muslim aswell!

jus coz fox news says it doesn't mean i have to believe it :)

Abz2000
05-31-2012, 01:40 AM
and neither was castro:

Operation Northwoods was a series of false-flag proposals that originated in 1962 within the United States government, and which the Kennedy administration rejected. [2] The proposals called for the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA), or other operatives, to commit acts of terrorism in U.S. cities and elsewhere. These acts of terrorism were to be blamed on Cuba in order to create public support for a war against that nation, which had recently become communist under Fidel Castro.[3] One part of Operation Northwoods was to "develop a Communist Cuban terror campaign in the Miami area, in other Florida cities and even in Washington."
Operation Northwoods proposals included hijackings and bombings followed by the introduction of phony evidence that would implicate the Cuban government. It stated:
"The desired resultant from the execution of this plan would be to place the United States in the apparent position of suffering defensible grievances from a rash and irresponsible government of Cuba and to develop an international image of a Cuban threat to peace in the Western Hemisphere."
Several other proposals were included within Operation Northwoods, including real or simulated actions against various U.S. military and civilian targets. The plan was drafted by the Joint Chiefs of Staff, signed by Chairman Lyman Lemnitzer and sent to the Secretary of Defense.

ABC NEWS
By David Ruppe
N E W Y O R K,
May 1, 2001

In the early 1960s, America's top military leaders reportedly drafted plans to kill innocent people and commit acts of terrorism in U.S. cities to create public support for a war against Cuba.

Code named Operation Northwoods, the plans reportedly included the possible assassination of Cuban émigrés, sinking boats of Cuban refugees on the high seas, hijacking planes, blowing up a U.S. ship, and even orchestrating violent terrorism in U.S. cities.
The plans were developed as ways to trick the American public and the international community into supporting a war to oust Cuba's then new leader, communist Fidel Castro.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/story?id=92...1#.T8bGolK8iWw

here's the full memorandum for anyone who may still be gullible to the satanic plots of the great satan:

http://www.gwu.edu/~nsarchiv/news/20010430/doc1.pdf

the first question an investigator asks is: cui bono (who benefits), and it's certainly not the baathist assad.

Jedi_Mindset
05-31-2012, 01:54 PM
even though al-assad is ont behind all massacres, he is still behind bloodsheds and oppression of muslim brotherhood. so, he needs to be toppled. syrians should not accept nato nor assad. but yeah...its too late for saying this, nato needs to invade for it to wake up the syrians and who the real Satan is.

Abz2000
05-31-2012, 02:27 PM
Dhu Mukhammar said, "The Prophet (S) said, 'You will make a peace-treaty with the Romans, and together you will invade an enemy beyond Rome. You will be victorious and take much booty. Then you will camp in a hilly pasture; one of the Roman men will come and raise a cross and say "Victory to the Cross", so one of the Muslims will come and kill him.
Then the Romans will break the treaty, and there will be a battle. They will gather an army against you and come against you with eighty banners, each banner followed by ten thousand men.'" (Ahmad, Abu Dawud, Ibn Majah.)

The Last Hour would not come until the Romans would land at al-A'maq or in Dabiq.An army consisting of the bestof the people of the earthat that time will come from Medina (to oppose them).
When they will arrange themselves in ranks, the Romans (i.e. All the white Europeans including the Americans)would say: Do not stand between us and those (Muslims) who took prisoners from amongst us. Let us fight with them; and the Muslims would say: Nay, by Allah, we would never get aside from you and from our brethren that you may fight them.
They will then fight and a third (part)of the army would run away, whom Allah will never forgive. A third (part of the army), which would be constituted of excellent martyrs in Allah's eye, would be killed and the third who would never be put to trial would win and they would be conquerors of Constantinople.

Aprender
06-05-2012, 07:47 PM
China, Russia United Against Intervention in Syria

BATUMI, Georigia - China and Russia say they are united in opposing foreign intervention in Syria. U.S. Secretary of State Hillary Clinton is to meet with allies Wednesday in Turkey to discuss how best to pursue a political transition to end President Bashar al-Assad's rule.

Secretary of State Clinton says it is "pretty clear" that the main focus of international diplomacy must be on intensifying efforts to speed a political transition in Syria.

"We believe there is a way forward and we are going to continue to pursue that and we invite the Russians and the Chinese to be part of the solution of what is happening in Syria," she said.

But China and Russia remain opposed to any effort to force Syria's President Bashar al-Assad from power, a position their leaders re-stated again on Tuesday.

http://www.voanews.com/content/china...a/1149364.html

Abz2000
06-05-2012, 11:28 PM
U.S. Secretary of State Hillary Clinton met with Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrovto and said she had urged him to "push harder".

http://af.reuters.com/article/worldN...BrandChannel=0

Jedi_Mindset
06-06-2012, 08:01 PM
Meanwhile:

Allahu Akbar!

Aprender
06-07-2012, 07:20 PM
And now:

FLOOR STATEMENT BY SENATOR JOHN McCAIN ON SYRIA

June 7, 2012

“Mr. President: Before the Senator from Connecticut and I join in a colloquy on the situation in Syria, I would like to make some brief remarks on that subject.

“It should come as no surprise to any of my colleagues, and it certainly comes as no surprise to me, that the civil war raging in Syria has only deteriorated further over the past two weeks. On Saturday, May 26, we read the horrific news of a massacre that Bashar al-Assad’s forces committed in the Syrian town of Houla. At least 108 civilians, the majority of them women and children, are now believed to have been killed – some from repeated shelling by Assad’s tanks and artillery, but most slaughtered in their homes and executed in the streets. Survivors describe a scene so gruesome that, even after 16 months of bloodshed and more than 10,000 dead, it still manages to shock the conscience. There are now reports of another massacre by Assad’s forces, with as many as 78 Syrians dead, and that Syrian authorities are blocking access to the scene for the U.N. monitors on the ground.

“These massacres of civilians are sickening and evil, but it is only the latest and most appalling evidence that there is no limit to the savagery of Assad and his forces. They will do anything, kill anyone, and stop at nothing to hold onto power. And what has been the response of the United States and the rest of the civilized world to this most recent mass atrocity in Syria? More empty words of scorn and condemnation. More hollow pledges that the killing must stop. More strained expressions of amazement at what has become so tragically commonplace.

“Indeed, as Jeffrey Goldberg has noted, Administration officials are now at risk of running out of superlative adjectives and adverbs with which to condemn the violence in Syria. They have called it, quote, ‘heinous,’ ‘outrageous,’ ‘unforgiveable,’ ‘breathtaking,’ ‘disgraceful,’ and many other synonyms for the same. I do not know what else they can call it. And yet, the killing goes on.

"The Administration now appears to be so desperate that they are returning to old ideas that have already been tried and failed. Let me quote from a New York Times article that appeared on May 27:

“‘In a new effort to halt more than a year of bloodshed in Syria, President Obama will push for the departure of President Bashar al-Assad under a proposal modeled on the transition in another strife-torn Arab country, Yemen…. The success of the plan hinges on Russia, one of Mr. Assad’s staunchest allies, which has strongly opposed his removal.’

“This is a case of history repeating itself as farce. Trying to enlist Russia in a policy of regime change in Syria is exactly what the Administration spent months doing earlier this year, and that approach was decisively rejected by Russia when it vetoed a toothless sanctions resolution in the U.N. Security Council in February.

“And how is this recycled policy working out? Well, last week, a human rights organization disclosed that on May 26, a Russian ship delivered the latest Russian supply of heavy weapons to the Assad regime in the port of Tartus. Last Friday, the Russian Foreign Ministry issued a statement on the Houla massacre – and blamed it on the opposition. President Putin, after blowing off a trip to Washington in favor of a visit to Europe, suggested that foreign powers were also to blame for the Houla massacre. He went on to reject further sanctions on the Assad regime and to deny that Russia is shipping any relevant weapons to Assad.

“Not to be outdone, the Russian Foreign Minister, also last week, described the situation in Syria this way: ‘It takes two to dance – although this seems less like a tango and more like a disco, where several dozens are taking part at once.’

“You might think this alone would be enough to disabuse the Administration of its insistence, against all empirical evidence, that Russia is the key to ending the violence in Syria. You might think so, but you would be wrong. Asked last week whether he could envision some kind of military intervention in Syria without a U.N. Security Council resolution, which is subject to a Russian and Chinese veto, the Secretary of Defense said no, he cannot envision it. Similarly, the White House spokesman, Jay Carney, rejected the idea of providing weapons to the Syrian people to help them defend themselves, saying that would lead to, quote, ‘chaos and carnage.’ The White House, he said, prefers not to militarize the conflict.

“It is difficult even to muster a response to statements and actions such as these. U.S. policy in Syria now seems to be subject to the approval of Russian leaders who are arming Assad’s forces and who believe that the slaughter of more than 10,000 people in Syria can be compared to a disco party. Meanwhile, the Administration refuses even to provide weapons to Syrians who are struggling and dying in an unfair fight – all for fear of, quote, ‘militarizing the conflict.’ If only the Russians, and the Iranians, and Al-Qaeda shared that lofty sentiment.

“I pray that President Obama will finally realize what President Clinton came to understand during the Balkans wars. President Clinton – who took military action to stop ethnic cleansing in Bosnia, and who did so in Kosovo without a U.N. Security Council mandate – ultimately understood that, when regimes are willing to commit any atrocity to stay in power, diplomacy cannot succeed until the military balance of power changes on the ground. As long as Assad and his foreign supporters think they can win militarily, which they do, they will continue fighting, and more Syrians will die. In short, military intervention of some kind is a prerequisite to the political resolution of the conflict that we all want to achieve.

“The question I would pose to my colleague from Connecticut, and to the Administration, is this: How many more have to die? How many more people have to die in Syria before the United States will assume its responsibility of leadership?"

Jedi_Mindset
06-07-2012, 07:42 PM
Oh dear, not obama, US MUST not invade Syria. We know what they did in iraq, libya and afghanistan. Oh muslims when will we wake up? Don't take such jews and christians as allies, not even with supplying arms.

The zionist alliance is infact the judeo-christian alliance.

White Rose
06-07-2012, 08:06 PM
Meanwhile:

Allahu Akbar!
Subhan Allah, thanks for posting. Made me feel much better knowing that Allah is with them.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!