/* */

PDA

View Full Version : I feel so guilty

GuestFellow
06-01-2012, 05:52 PM
:sl:

I was walking home and I saw this Arab man wearing a suit. He was waiting outside a restaurant. I walked past him and he greeted me. He said, alright brother? I was so taken by surprise. I was in my own world. I wanted to say something, but I just walked on. :/ I feel so guilty. :( I hope I did not make him feel bad or anything. :/ As I crossed the road, I wanted to run back and greet him. >_<

I can't stop thinking about this...I'm such an idiot. I hope he does not think I'm a stuck up jerk.

I didn't say anything because I was so surprised....and tired. :/

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
جوري
06-01-2012, 06:01 PM
It just didn't register with you at the right time it happens I am sure he understands. I greet Muslims all the time when I see them and many of them geneuinely don't register it, they simply don't expect it. It is the culture and place we live in.
One time I greeted this Muslim woman and she didn't reply the first time, I saw her a second time in the building and she made sure to smile and return the greeting.. so just take it easy in shaa Allah.. I am glad you feel so much for another random Muslim to write about it...

~ Sabr ~
06-01-2012, 06:39 PM
Chillax

glo
06-01-2012, 06:43 PM
Don't worry about it, Typo. You can't get everything right all the time. Everybody makes mistakes - even the guy in the suit.

Instead of beating yourself up about it, resolve to do it better next time. :)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Muezzin
06-01-2012, 06:56 PM
Don't beat yourself up about it. Your intention wasn't to be rude, you were just tired and didn't realise. Happens.

dqsunday
06-01-2012, 08:05 PM
I am sure he just thought you either didn't hear him or was surprised/shy. To ease your guilt, include him in your prayers and do Dua to be less startled and greet the brother or any other, should a similar incident happen again. Perhaps you will see him next time you are in that area and you can approach and greet him first.

Cabdullahi
03-26-2013, 12:22 PM
bump!!

Berries'forest
03-26-2013, 01:05 PM
I felt like that once in a similar situation. My conscience left me restless. But I met the woman again and I apologized and got to know her. We also sat beside each other in the bus.

IAmZamzam
03-26-2013, 01:36 PM
It could've been worse, you know:

Back in 1003 ("one-double aught-three") in China, as Pai Mei was travelling down a road, a Shaolin monk crossed paths with him. Pai Mei gave a slight nod to the monk, who did not return one. Although the motives of the monk remain unknown, whether it was an insult or a misunderstanding, Pai Mei tracked him down at the Shaolin Temple. He demanded from the head Abbot to kill himself as a mean of retribution, yet the Abbot refused, and Pai Mei massacred all the 60 monks who resided in the temple. (Kill Bill Wiki)

Seriously, dude, I've done such worse things than that just in the past few days that if anyone here should start a thread then it's me. Just pray for forgiveness and move on.

GuestFellow
03-26-2013, 06:20 PM
LOL this happened ages ago.

Muezzin
03-27-2013, 07:33 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by IAmZamzam
It could've been worse, you know:

Back in 1003 ("one-double aught-three") in China, as Pai Mei was travelling down a road, a Shaolin monk crossed paths with him. Pai Mei gave a slight nod to the monk, who did not return one. Although the motives of the monk remain unknown, whether it was an insult or a misunderstanding, Pai Mei tracked him down at the Shaolin Temple. He demanded from the head Abbot to kill himself as a mean of retribution, yet the Abbot refused, and Pai Mei massacred all the 60 monks who resided in the temple. (Kill Bill Wiki)
It's so awesome that Pai Mei is a fictional character.

IAmZamzam
03-27-2013, 08:06 PM
He actually was a real person, in a sense. Although not by that name.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!