/* */

PDA

View Full Version : A question about partners in paradise.

ILuvAllah
06-01-2012, 10:12 PM
I just heard in a lecture of sheikh tawfique chowdhury, he says that in paradise the men would get 2 or more partners but women wouldnt get multiple partners like the men. is this true? cause as far as I know Allah would give both men and women beautiful, handsome partners to live with. Then why the sheikh said women wouldnt have it like the men? please clarify on this.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
جوري
06-01-2012, 10:41 PM
If every man in paradise had two EARTHLY women then there would be a disparity since there's a 1:1 ratio of men to women. Even at the end when women will outnumber the men it would be due to wars not disparity in birth rates and those women of the end of times are probably not the women of paradise anyway.
So Allah a3lam what kind of ijtihad this sheikh made for this conclusion. Allah swt knows best of who gets what in paradise. Let's focus on just making it there in shaa Allah-- Furthermore paradise is described as that which no eye has seen, no ear has heard and has never even crossed the minds of men. Thus the pleasures that are described are probably remote and only speak to the earthly nature of people, what the people of the earth can look forward to not because that is all there is but because the imagination of man is limited by the physical qualities of this world.
I want to address the matter of the 'hours'
Hour el'Ayn in and of itself isn't a feminine term.

جَمْعُ أحْوَرَ وحَوْراءَ، وبالتحريكِ: أن يَشْتَدَّ بياضُ بياضِ العَيْنِ وسَوادُ سَوادِها، وتَسْتَديرَ حَدَقَتُها، وتَرِقَّ جُفونُها، ويَبْيَضَّ ما حَوالَيْها، أو شدَّةُ بياضِها وسوادِها، في بَياضِ الجَسَدِ، أو اسْوِدادُ العَيْنِ كُلِّها مِثْلَ الظِّباءِ، ولا يكونُ في بني آدمَ، بل يُسْتَعَارُ لها.
http://www.baheth.info/all.jsp?term=%D8%AD%D9%88%D8%B1

i.e extreme whiteness of the scleral part of the eye compared to the iris which is extremely black and the roundness of the shape of the iris and the lids are delicate, gossamer like. I am not denying that it can be construed to mean female as there are certain other verses that describe that they're. But in and of itself it isn't. As I stated in the other thread, pleasures for women aren't mentioned in totality isn't because women are excluded rather the nature of men and women in this world is different and thus are addressed differently..
and Allah swt knows best..

:w:

ILuvAllah
06-01-2012, 10:58 PM
No sis, the sheikh didnt say they will get 2 earthly women, he said that the men will get 2 hur as their wives, who are made of saffron but he said women wouldnt get anything like that. women wouldnt get male hur as their partners. but my Quran tutor and my uncle said its wrong, even the women would get it just like the men.

So, i kind of confused who's right about it :s

جوري
06-01-2012, 11:08 PM
It is a question for the ages.. we've to wait to get there in shaa Allah to find out and it is certainly not something to worry about now. As we will be a different creation all together...

and Allah swt knows best,

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
CosmicPathos
06-02-2012, 02:25 AM
isnt that like asking "why would men get to be men in paradise and women wont get to be men?"

If you love having multiple partners, I am sure Allah swt would grant you that once you make it to paradise.

جوري
06-02-2012, 03:28 AM
I don't think most people have or love just one partner in life and we're talking the span of maximum a hundred years with superior genetics which the last thirty of those probably spent on meds and in poor shape.. but we're speaking of eternity, with us created in a different form all together, a form that doesn't feel hatred or jealousy one that doesn't get traveler's diarrhea or sleep..
I personally don't worry of what it is that we'll have in paradise, I am more worried about making it there. I don't think Allah swt will disappoint.

Fala taAAlamu nafsun ma okhfiya lahum min qurrati aAAyunin jazaan bima kanoo yaAAmaloona
32:17 Now no person knows what delights of the eye are kept hidden (in reserve) for them - as a reward for their (good) deeds.

riding a horse in there and meeting with khalid ibn ilwaleed in shaa Allah would bring me great pleasure but like I said let's just worry about making it there over what we'll have waiting for us there.

Al-Wasia
06-04-2012, 02:29 AM
salam. no offense to anyone (please forgive me if i hurt anybody's feelings)

questions like that may mislead us because its kind of confusing. i think we should focus on bigger and important issues, not that its not important rather because there are important things we need to focus on instead of thinking about how many partners one will get once he/she enters Jannah
Allah subhhahuwata'la is the "Just" therefore He will not do any injustice to anyone
im not trying to say the person who shared this question should be humiliated or be embarrassed for posing the question. wallahi thats not the case. we learn from every single thing that we do. so i hope nobody took it personally :)

Periwinkle18
06-04-2012, 09:47 AM
May Allah grant all of us jannah ul firdos Ameen

umm well i thought we could get anything we want in jannah...

dun worry sis Iluv♥Allah wen u go to jannah ask Allah (SWT) :)

Endymion
06-04-2012, 02:02 PM
My only concern is will i even go to Jannah or not :hmm: Partner is not a problem.No cooking is enough for me :statisfie

ILuvAllah
06-04-2012, 02:04 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Periwinkle18
May Allah grant all of us jannah ul firdos Ameen

umm well i thought we could get anything we want in jannah...

dun worry sis Iluv♥Allah wen u go to jannah ask Allah (SWT) :)
Thank you but honestly I would want my Earthly husband in jannah as well instead of having multiple hur and I think this whole notion of getting multiple hur in paradise is wrong because the wives of this dunya works hard to care for their husband and the family, so if they both die with imaan then Allah would pair them again in paradise. I think the hur partners are only for those who were not fortunate enough to marry in this world.

ILuvAllah
06-04-2012, 02:16 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Endymion
My only concern is will i even go to Jannah or not :hmm: Partner is not a problem.No cooking is enough for me :statisfie
Have faith, its not as hard as we think. decrease the love for dunya and always remember Allah loves you and make Him happy. Allah does not ask much from us, its not hard to satisfy Him. Insha'Allah we will make it paradise.

Predator
06-04-2012, 03:18 PM

format_quote Originally Posted by Iluv♥Allah
Thank you but honestly I would want my Earthly husband in jannah as well instead of having multiple hur and I think this whole notion of getting multiple hur in paradise is wrong because the wives of this dunya works hard to care for their husband and the family, so if they both die with imaan then Allah would pair them again in paradise. I think the hur partners are only for those who were not fortunate enough to marry in this world.

Why worry ?

Allah says in the Holy Quran Chapter 50 Surah Qaaf verse 35:There they (the men and women ofParadise) shall have all that they will desire, and We have with Us yet more for them!

So if your desire in Jannah is to have single husband or multiple husband you will get it

ILuvAllah
06-04-2012, 09:56 PM
its weird that I sound worried but honestly I'm not worried at all. Those who have faith are not worried.

Daniyal32
06-24-2012, 04:00 AM
May Allah Grant us Jannah

MustafaMc
06-24-2012, 10:51 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by منوة الخيال
I personally don't worry of what it is that we'll have in paradise, I am more worried about making it there. I don't think Allah swt will disappoint.
Amen to that. Why should we worry about what we will get or won't get if we should make it through the 'Pearly Gates'? Will we have grounds to express a complaint with Allah (swt) with what we will be given in Paradise? If not, then why worry about it now?

Muhaba
06-24-2012, 01:37 PM
one should ask these sorts of questions because it means that you feel Allah isn't just but that is wrong. Allah is the most Just and will do justice even in heaven. you have nothing to worry about as far as that is concerned.

do you believe in the justice of Allah?

MustafaMc
06-24-2012, 02:10 PM
Hour el'Ayn... extreme whiteness of the scleral part of the eye compared to the iris which is extremely black
Is there any reason to think that this description would be a characteristic of a jinn? Seems like I read that somewhere and I am sorta confused about it.

جوري
06-24-2012, 02:29 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by MustafaMc
Is there any reason to think that this description would be a characteristic of a jinn? Seems like I read that somewhere and I am sorta confused about it.
Not that I can personally think of, as it is a description of hour.. but Allah swt knows best..
I think the 'snow white' description is prized as beauty even in western culture.. I don't know.. whatever the case we will be a different creation.. I don't think we'll enter with on split ends or multiple sclerosis.. We will be a different creation and not earth bound in our desires or thought process..

MustafaMc
06-24-2012, 02:47 PM
We will be a different creation and not earth bound in our desires or thought process..
I am sure that you are right. I did not intend to dismiss the question in the OP as it is natural for us humans to think in those terms. I myself wonder about Paradise and what it may be like, but I find myself thinking from my earthly, human perspective - not so much with regards to 72 virgins (as some Christians like to think is our motivation) or the Hour, but rather in terms of missing what I enjoy in this life like our pets, the Purple Martins, my garden, fishing, etc. I also think in terms of my family who are not Muslims and how I would miss them, assuming that I do make it to Paradise and that they won't. Others have tried to console me about the later, but there is still the question in my mind that bugs me.

جوري
06-24-2012, 03:13 PM
I am sure that you are right. I did not intend to dismiss the question in the OP as it is natural for us humans to think in those terms. I myself wonder about Paradise and what it may be like, but I find myself thinking from my earthly, human perspective - not so much with regards to 72 virgins (as some Christians like to think is our motivation) or the Hour, but rather in terms of missing what I enjoy in this life like our pets, the Purple Martins, my garden, fishing, etc. I also think in terms of my family who are not Muslims and how I would miss them, assuming that I do make it to Paradise and that they won't. Others have tried to console me about the later, but there is still the question in my mind that bugs me.
I think everyone has their own idea of heaven and hell steeped somewhere in childhood.. I remember the memories of childhood that made me write a 'poem' called 25 piasters. Hell in a lantern even then I couldn't imagine heaven and I am grateful not to.. I think the closest I came was a patanase commercial lol and I don't wish to elaborate other than to say that obviously there will be no sun in paradise and all the light will be from the throne as such I tend to gravitate toward things that have light that's not assaultive yet natural.. Does that make sense? probably not, except in my mind...
here's the commercial:

http://www.patanase.com/patanase-nasal-spray-video.aspx

ILuvAllah
06-24-2012, 03:39 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by WRITER
one should ask these sorts of questions because it means that you feel Allah isn't just but that is wrong. Allah is the most Just and will do justice even in heaven. you have nothing to worry about as far as that is concerned.

do you believe in the justice of Allah?
I am surprised how u have taken my question. My intention is not question Allah's justice. Who the hell dares to do that? I only wanted to find out about the accuracy of the shaykh's speech because i had doubts and yes I have found that the shaykh needs more education as this is not his only flaw he mentioned in his lecture. He was wrong about so many other things as well. I have decided not to watch his lectures anymore and I think we all need to be careful on this issue when watching a lecture.

Imaduddin
06-24-2012, 03:41 PM
Assalamu alaykum, from what I read the sister who has asked the question is wondering whether the husband and wife will be partners again in Jannah and the answer is yes.

The Prophet salallahu alayhi wa salam was asked about the woman who had been married to more than 1 man who had died and remarried, with whom would she be together in Paradise. He said that in Jannah she will be with the husband which treated her the best.

If both partners make it to Paradise, they will be together, the husband will also be given of the wives of Paradise (houri). I think it may depend on the level of reward that they have, for example the highest reward that lay people (other than prophets) can get is through martyrdom, and they will be given 72 houris by Allah as reward.

Allah knows best, I hope my answer is helpful.

Imaduddin
06-24-2012, 03:46 PM
I am surprised how u have taken my question. My intention is not question Allah's justice. Who the hell dares to do that? I only wanted to find out about the accuracy of the shaykh's speech because i had doubts and yes I have found that the shaykh needs more education as this is not his only flaw he mentioned in his lecture. He was wrong about so many other things as well. I have decided not to watch his lectures anymore and I think we all need to be careful on this issue when watching a lecture.
Although I agree, knowledge plays a role here, seek knowledge from other sources too not only one person. It is our nature to make mistakes, as one of the great Imams (Hanbali or Maliki) once said, if you want to see the mistakes and flaws of your own Imam (teacher) then visit another Imam.

We should not stay away from them completely as they may be beneficial, but keep in mind that all scholars make mistakes. Imam Abu Hanifa was the man who said that if any of my teachings contradict the Qur'an and Sunnah, reject it. Should we abandon everything that the Imam taught because of one flaw? We shouldn't do that.

MustafaMc
06-24-2012, 03:55 PM
Does that make sense? probably not, except in my mind...
No, it didn't make sense to me, but then again I am sure my talk of Purple Martins didn't make sense to you, either, but to each his own.

I liked the video apart from having allergies, but having a Monet picture come to life was cool.

In thinking of Paradise, I think a pertinent question is "Who are we, really?" Are we our physical bodies, our innermost soul (which no one can define), or an accumulation of our beliefs, deeds and intentions? Surely, resurrection is real and that means our bodies will be brought back to life, but in a purified form such as no excretions or defects. The pleasures of Paradise and the torments of Hell are surely real in a sense that we can have some limited understanding from our human perspectives of the same. The whole concept of spending eternity in either place is really mind boggling and reminds me of the song 'Rock and Roll Heaven' by the Righteous Brothers with the line, "If you believe in forever, then life is just a one-night stand." Life is a fleeting moment in Time that we all take so seriously, but rather poorly prepare for the Reality in the Akhira.

'Abd Al-Maajid
06-24-2012, 04:32 PM
This question have bothered me long enough. I think Allah promised Hoor al ayn to the believing men because men desire multiple partners. And women shall have whatever is desirable to them, expensive clothes, jewellery, cosmetics, credit cards, etc you name it. :p And If you desire partners you may have them too. In sha' allah. Allah is Just.

Muhaba
06-24-2012, 07:55 PM
^men will get gold etc and even silk clothes in heaven, they will eat & drink from dishes of gold and wear silk. i don't think they desire such in this world but they'll get them. in heaven those things won't be limited to women, although in this world women want such things more and men usually don't want them.

Surah Al-Kahf, verses 30 - 31:
Indeed, those who have believed and done righteous deeds - indeed, We will not allow to be lost the reward of any who did well in deeds.

Those will have gardens of perpetual residence; beneath them rivers will flow. They will be adorned therein with bracelets of gold and will wear green garments of fine silk and brocade, reclining therein on adorned couches. Excellent is the reward, and good is the resting place.

جوري
06-24-2012, 08:59 PM
No, it didn't make sense to me, but then again I am sure my talk of Purple Martins didn't make sense to you, either, but to each his own.

I liked the video apart from having allergies, but having a Monet picture come to life was cool.

In thinking of Paradise, I think a pertinent question is "Who are we, really?" Are we our physical bodies, our innermost soul (which no one can define), or an accumulation of our beliefs, deeds and intentions? Surely, resurrection is real and that means our bodies will be brought back to life, but in a purified form such as no excretions or defects. The pleasures of Paradise and the torments of Hell are surely real in a sense that we can have some limited understanding from our human perspectives of the same. The whole concept of spending eternity in either place is really mind boggling and reminds me of the song 'Rock and Roll Heaven' by the Righteous Brothers with the line, "If you believe in forever, then life is just a one-night stand." Life is a fleeting moment in Time that we all take so seriously, but rather poorly prepare for the Reality in the Akhira.
How we will resurrect will be as we died.. however, how we enter paradise is a different story.. and Allah swt knows best and may he grant us jannat al firdaws
ameen

tango92
06-24-2012, 09:20 PM
No sis, the sheikh didnt say they will get 2 earthly women, he said that the men will get 2 hur as their wives, who are made of saffron but he said women wouldnt get anything like that. women wouldnt get male hur as their partners. but my Quran tutor and my uncle said its wrong, even the women would get it just like the men.

perhaps women will get something better than just 2 pretty girls....

format_quote Originally Posted by 'Abd Al-Maajid
This question have bothered me long enough. I think Allah promised Hoor al ayn to the believing men because men desire multiple partners. And women shall have whatever is desirable to them, expensive clothes, jewellery, cosmetics, credit cards, etc you name it. :p And If you desire partners you may have them too. In sha' allah. Allah is Just.
This sums it up quite well

ILuvAllah
06-24-2012, 10:16 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by 'Abd Al-Maajid
I dont think you should generalize. not all women desire those things and not all men want multiple partners. There are exceptions are everyone is different.

tango92
06-25-2012, 12:36 AM
I dont think you should generalize. not all women desire those things and not all men want multiple partners. There are exceptions are everyone is different.
i think he has it spot on

Al-Wasia
07-04-2012, 03:08 AM
salam sis. no matter how pious we think we are, none of us know whether we are gna able to enter Jannah however we can only hope for it. don't forget the hadith "
I
am as My servant thinks I am......."

related by al-Buhkari (also by Muslim, at-Tirmidhi and Ibn-Majah).
so lets be optimistic insha Allah. sometimes when satan wants to lower our faith he uses different methods ( according to our weakness) to get us so lets not let him bring us down insha Allah.

muslimah bird
07-04-2012, 06:33 AM
I think What he is trying to mean , is that no-one will get disappointed in Jannah .

Paprika
07-04-2012, 07:02 AM

It is two women from this world, who will be recreated into women of Jannah with total perfection. In some narrations it is said that in the arabic language two is used to indicate many. So though it says two, it can in fact be many. Depending on who the individual is. Women will have only one partner. They will not desire more than that. Allah Swt knows best.

Paprika
07-04-2012, 07:06 AM
All men don't want multiple partners, not even hoors?? I won't sacrifice my love for hoors for anything........or anyone.
I want many, many, many hoors. I make dua I get a hundred million hoors, I have firm faith I will get them through the mercy of Allah. Ameen.

True-blue
07-04-2012, 07:44 AM
Assalamualikum,

Some verses of Qur'an regarding this issue,

Surah Nahl 16:97: "Whoever works righteousness, man or woman, and has Faith, verily, to him will We give a new Life, a life that is good and pure and We will bestow on such their reward according to the best of their actions."

Surah Tawba 9:72: "Allah hath promised to Believers, men and women, gardens under which rivers flow, to dwell therein, and beautiful mansions in gardens of everlasting bliss. But the greatest bliss is the good pleasure of Allah: that is the supreme felicity."

Surah Ghafir 40:40: "He that works evil will not be requited but by the like thereof: and he that works a righteous deed - whether man or woman - and is a Believer- such will enter the Garden (of Bliss): Therein will they have abundance without measure."

Surah Nisa 4:124: "If any do deeds of righteousness,- be they male or female - and have faith, they will enter Heaven, and not the least injustice will be done to them."

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!