/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Question about?

anonymous
06-03-2012, 10:22 PM
Salam Alaikum

I am very confused on this matter so please help me out. Before making wudu, do you use toilet paper to cleanse yourself ( called istijmar) or after using toilet paper, do you wash yourself with water (istinja)? Please help me on this matter

Does either way work?
Jazakhallah Khair

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Snowflake
06-04-2012, 11:15 PM
The main purpose of istinja is to remove impurity. Whether you use paper, or water first is a matter of choice. But using paper before and after is wasteful. I'm sure the majority of people wash themselves then use paper to dry of excess water. Just be absolutely thorough in washing your hands thrice afterwards. If water is not available, which at times and in certain places in the world may not be, then tissue, stones, leaves etc can be used. The only thing the Prophet (pbuh) forbade us from using are bones.

The Jinn came from Iraq and the Prophet recited unto them Surah Rahman; the jinn asked him about what food is permissible - the Prophet said: “any bones which Bismillah was recited, and also the droppings from our animals will be the food for your animals”

“Every bone on which the name of Allah is recited is your provision. The time it will fall in your hand it would be covered with flesh, and (you can have) all the droppings as food for your animals.” The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) said, “So do not use (these things) for cleaning yourselves (after relieving oneself), for they are the food and provision of your brothers (Jinn).” (Reported by Muslim)

Hope that helped insha Allah?

anonymous
06-06-2012, 12:26 AM
Jazakhallah Khair brother. That really helps.

Snowflake
06-06-2012, 02:23 PM
Al hamdulillah.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!