/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Are Muslims allowed to name their Male Children Muhammad can Muslim Men have this ?

truthseeker63
06-04-2012, 05:59 AM
Are Muslims allowed to name their Male Children Muhammad can Muslim Men have this as their name can anyone give me any evidence from Quran and or Hadith or from anywhere that this is allowed/lawful/halal ? Also can anyone give me a list or know of any Famous Muslim Males/Men/or Leaders with the name ?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muhammad_(name)

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Imaduddin
06-04-2012, 09:47 AM
In a hadith regarding the Mahdi, the Prophet has said that the Mahdi will have the same name as him.

There is no hadith which forbids Muslims from using the name Muhammed, if something is not forbidden then it is allowed.

Many of the children of the Sahaba were named Muhammed, one of them was Muhammed bin Abu Bakr As Siddiq radiallahu anhum (the son of Abu Bakr radiallahu ahnhu)

Another person is Ibn Qayyim Al Jawzziah. His name is Muhammed.

Muezzin
06-04-2012, 10:34 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by truthseeker63
Are Muslims allowed to name their Male Children Muhammad can Muslim Men have this as their name can anyone give me any evidence from Quran and or Hadith or from anywhere that this is allowed/lawful/halal ? Also can anyone give me a list or know of any Famous Muslim Males/Men/or Leaders with the name ?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muhammad_(name)
Muhammad is one of the most popular names in the world. It's fine to name your son Muhammad or to change your name to Muhammad if you are male.

Hulk
06-04-2012, 10:44 AM
In some cultures they use a variation of the name out of respect for the Prophet pbuh, because sometimes a child or person might misbehave and might get scolded, etc. Some use the name Mahmad instead.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Endymion
06-04-2012, 11:28 AM
Is that a authentic hadith :hmm:

The Glorious Prophet of ALLAH Sallallaho Alaihi wa Aalihi wa Sallam said: "He who is blessed with three sons and does not name one Muhammad is indeed a Jahil (Ignorant)." [Tibrani, Mau'jam al-Kabeer]

Insaanah
06-04-2012, 01:44 PM
:sl:

It is either very weak, rejected, or fabricated:

http://islamanswers.co.uk/2011/10/no...hild-muhammad/

Some of the companions (may Allah be pleased with them) had three or more sons none of whom were called Muhammad. It is inconceivable that rasoolullah :saws: should think righteous people ignorant because they did not name their sons after him, even though their names might be very nice in meaning.

format_quote Originally Posted by Muezzin
Muhammad is one of the most popular names in the world.
Indeed. The most popular.

"According to the sixth edition of The Columbia Encyclopedia (2000), Muhammad is the most common given name in the world, including variations.[4] It is estimated that more than 150 million men and boys in the world bear the name Muhammad."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muhammad_%28name%29

"Lo! it is thy insulter (and not thou) who is without posterity." (Qur'an, 108:3)

truthseeker63
11-26-2012, 11:18 PM
Did any of the Companions of the Prophet Muhammad have the name Muhammad what about any Caliphs or Famous Islamic Scholars ?

truthseeker63
11-26-2012, 11:19 PM
Thank you for all you're answers.

Marina-Aisha
11-26-2012, 11:26 PM
I used Mustafa that's variation of the name I thinks it's beautiful

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!