/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Question about driving..

KnockKnock
06-05-2012, 01:41 AM
SalamAleikum,

I'm 16 years old and am about to get a permit insha'Allah. Is driving scary? Hard? Should i even worry so much about it?

Salam.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Periwinkle18
06-05-2012, 01:56 AM
nah its not hard at all :) i love driving i just dun get the permission too dangerous here

dqsunday
06-05-2012, 02:08 AM
Driving can be tricky, depending on where you live and intend to drive. I came from a small town and driving is pretty easy, though traffic has significantly increased since and there are quite a few bad drivers out there. If you aren't normally a nervious or easily distracted person, driving won't be too difficult to learn. My suggestions is definitely take a driving class even if not compulsory. Learn the rules of the road, learn to anticipate what other drivers may do, espsecially if they come up to an intersection...so many will not want to even stop so they can get ahead, even if you are the only car in sight for miles.

Keep distractions minimal in the car (ie turn off cellphone, no texting (I wouldn't even use the hands off headsets, just turn the phone off. If you are focusing on talking to somebody you aren't focusing on the road and everybody else). Definitely avoid eating or drinking in the car especially in city driving. Not so bad when you are out on the open road where traffic is light. KNow your blind spots too...(a class will teach all these things too)

I love driving and it gives one a great sense of freedom as you can go anywhere you want at any time (as long as you have access to or own a car etc.) but a car isn't a toy and so many people drive them like they are...or they want to get 'there NOW' and won't tolerate you going only 20 km over the speed limit. What bugs me most about driving is headlights. I see far better without them coming towards me or sitting on my backside so close my night vision is totally shot. When I drive at night I prefer very late at night, such as after midnight...less traffic and most of the yahoos are gone and its just the truck drivers... But this is when I travel to some large city. City driving is much different and I really don't like bumper to bumper traffic. Thus I avoid the main express ways when I can.

KnockKnock
06-05-2012, 02:10 AM
Thanks sis! Yeah my parents say its reaaaally easy. Since there are millions of people who can do it, i think i can too!

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Periwinkle18
06-05-2012, 02:12 AM
u can!! its not hard for boys anyways my bro started driving wen he was 14...

KnockKnock
06-05-2012, 02:12 AM
There was a drivers ed class in our school which we all had to take. Bad thing is i do get nervous sometimes tho :hiding: but insha Allah it will be easy.

Periwinkle18
06-05-2012, 02:13 AM
inshaAllah dun worry

Hulk
06-05-2012, 03:05 AM
Are you going to drive in manual or automatic? It's easy, whatever it is always remember "safety first".

dysphoricrocker
06-05-2012, 04:21 AM
Salaam.

I was a driver during my time in the army(every male here has to go for compulsory National Service), i was a driver. To say it's easy, might not be accurate as i have went through conditions that make driving in itself very difficult. For example, driving in heavy rain and at night when car lights shine directly into your eyes.

That said, whether it is automatic or manual, take it slowly, do not rush. Double check, do this often and insyaAllah it'll be good. And of course as brother Hulk said, safety first. Wish you the best! (:

Haya emaan
06-05-2012, 06:21 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Sulman
SalamAleikum,

I'm 16 years old and am about to get a permit insha'Allah. Is driving scary? Hard? Should i even worry so much about it?

Salam.
walaikum assalam.

permit at 16? here we get when 18...^o)

no driving is not hard or scary as every one here said but at starting it needs practice.. brother start driving once your fear is out it will become fun..
its easy but some times stressing (specialy when you are not in driving mood:hmm:)

Marina-Aisha
06-05-2012, 08:42 AM
im starting also i find it okay sometimes i freak out round the roundabouts but other then that i think its fine..u just need to just get use too it

tango92
06-05-2012, 09:04 AM
bro you are about to make the transition into manhood - at least thats what your mum will tell you

the truth is this will be the most immature endeavour you ever embarked upon - as soon as you get the fundamentals down its great fun lol - also you have power over the passengers in the car which is nice too lol

edit: unless its your dad in which case you'll hear criticism for the whole journey lollol

Rhubarb Tart
06-05-2012, 01:49 PM
Whether it's easy, fun etc! Remember safety first! Young men insurance is so high for a reason. Just learn in your pace and follow the speed limit which is there for a reason and anticipate ahead. :)

Imaduddin
06-05-2012, 02:27 PM
I agree with everyone whose said that it's easy, other drivers are more cautious around you too.

I personally got the hang of the car on an almost ghost road with very rare cars going by. If you don't know the basics of the car well, then don't go into the city or where there is traffic so early on. And as brother tango has mentioned, the ride will be a hell if your dad is the instructor but keep cool and be patient.

KnockKnock
06-05-2012, 02:42 PM
Actually it's fine if my dad is my intrustructor. Its my
Mom whom I'm scared of.:skeleton:

~ Sabr ~
06-05-2012, 08:31 PM
It will be scary at first, but in time you should get used to it InshaAllaah.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!