/* */

PDA

View Full Version : True or Not...Benefits of Reading

yasirslm
06-05-2012, 11:41 AM
Dear Brothers/Sisters

:sl:

I have seen people(including my Mother) reading different Surat/Ayat/Word and clamming that reading it will benefit in shape of 100000 Hajj,200000 Prayers etc,How much reality is in this and it's allowed or not(If yes please share reference)

I have also seen people getting printout of it and sharing them with other persons with condition that if you will not read them you will get punishment etc

Please reply back to clear my confusion

Thanks and Regards.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Muslim Woman
06-05-2012, 05:15 PM
:wa:

format_quote Originally Posted by yasirslm

I have also seen people getting printout of it and sharing them with other persons with condition that if you will not read them you will get punishment etc

I m getting this kind of paper since childhood. Now a days , people send mail with a threat that if we dont forward to 2o / 30 people , bad things happen such as a man did not do it and he died .

Prophet pbuh did not teach us to do dawah like this. I don't know why people like to threat others in the name of Islam.

~ Sabr ~
06-05-2012, 06:23 PM
There are some hadiths I think that are saheeh like this. InshaAllaah I will post them up tomorrow.

yasirslm
06-06-2012, 06:01 AM
Thanks

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
~ Sabr ~
06-11-2012, 07:29 AM
Here is 1 example:

yasirslm
06-11-2012, 07:46 AM
So If I will read it my eighty years of sins will be forgiven though I might not have eighty years of age...or my eighty years of sins have been forgiven and I can commit sins ,please clarify

Thanks and regards

Peace!!!

~ Sabr ~
06-11-2012, 07:50 AM
So If I will read it my eighty years of sins will be forgiven though I might not have eighty years of age...or my eighty years of sins have been forgiven and I can commit sins ,please clarify
I am not a scholar, so I cannot interpret the hadith....

However, once you have made the intention to ask for forgiveness, you should not go back to the sin so easily. For example, you make tawba from Allaah for drinking alcohol, and then the next day you go out, buy it again (intentionally) and drink it and make tawba again - that is not true repentance.

Also, regarding the hadith, I think (I am not a scholar so forgive me if this is wrong) that 80 years of worship will be added to your records, but the past however many years you have lived (if this is below 80) then all of those years sins will be forgiven.

And Allaah Knows Best

tango92
06-11-2012, 07:51 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Haafizah
Here is 1 example:

have a look at the reference for the hadith - reliable?

~ Sabr ~
06-11-2012, 07:55 AM
Yeah I got that from another thread brother Hamza Asadullah posted, so best to ask him.

http://www.islamicboard.com/general/...0-minutes.html

Abz2000
06-11-2012, 08:18 AM
I have seen people(including my Mother) reading different Surat/Ayat/Word and clamming that reading it will benefit in shape of 100000 Hajj,200000 Prayers etc,How much reality is in this and it's allowed or not(If yes please share reference)
salamz brother, regarding those numbers, it is untrue, there is no guaranteed fixed value on it, one person could pay no attention and not benefit, and another can have full khushu' and really humbly recite it seeking Allah's pleasure, while contemplating on it's meanings,
and another person's hajj can be useless, while yet another can come back a changed person.

we enter Jannah by Allah's mercy, not by just counting our deeds and expecting to hold Him to ransom for them.
one real "ALHAMDULILLAH" with real gratitude can be worth more that 80,000 years of insincere alhamdulillahs on the rosary beads.

~ Sabr ~
06-11-2012, 08:24 AM
^ Sorry, can you provide proof inshaAllaah? A hadith? Qur'aan quote? Etc? No?

Abz2000
06-11-2012, 08:30 AM
Narrated Abu Huraira:
I heard Allah's Apostle saying, "The good deeds of any person will not make him enter Paradise." (i.e., None can enter Paradise through his good deeds.)
They (the Prophet's companions) said, "Not even you, O Allah's Apostle?"
He said, "Not even myself, unless Allah bestows His favor and mercy on me." So be moderate in your religious deeds and do the deeds that are within your ability: and none of you should wish for death, for if he is a good doer, he may increase his good deeds, and if he is an evil doer, he may repent to Allah."
(Sahih al-Bukhari, Volume 7, Book 70, Number 577)

brothers and sisters, Our sincere Good deeds are means of receiving His mercy. God Almighty is the Judge.
although by reading the Quran i would have thought it becomes obvious.

O ye who believe! cancel not your charity by reminders of your generosity or by injury,- like those who spend their substance to be seen of men, but believe neither in Allah nor in the Last Day.They are in parable like a hard, barren rock, on which is a little soil: on it falls heavy rain, which leaves it (Just) a bare stone.They will be able to do nothing with aught they have earned.And Allah guideth not those who reject faith.265 . And the likeness of those who spend their substance, seeking to please Allah and to strengthen their souls, is as a garden, high and fertile: heavy rain falls on it but makes it yield a double increase of harvest, and if it receives not Heavy rain, light moisture sufficeth it.Allah seeth well whatever ye do.
Quran Al Baqarah - 2:264-265

~ Sabr ~
06-11-2012, 08:33 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abz2000
salamz brother, regarding those numbers, it is untrue, there is no guaranteed fixed value on it, one person could pay no attention and not benefit, and another can have full khushu' and really humbly recite it seeking Allah's pleasure, while contemplating on it's meanings,
and another person's hajj can be useless, while yet another can come back a changed person.
Please could you provide DIRECT proof about this which you have mentioned by your own opinion.

~ Sabr ~
06-11-2012, 08:41 AM
Narrated Abu Huraira:
I heard Allah's Apostle saying, "The good deeds of any person will not make him enter Paradise." (i.e., None can enter Paradise through his good deeds.)
They (the Prophet's companions) said, "Not even you, O Allah's Apostle?"
He said, "Not even myself, unless Allah bestows His favor and mercy on me." So be moderate in your religious deeds and do the deeds that are within your ability: and none of you should wish for death, for if he is a good doer, he may increase his good deeds, and if he is an evil doer, he may repent to Allah."
(Sahih al-Bukhari, Volume 7, Book 70, Number 577)
This isn't an answer to my question. Provide DIRECT proof that if we read that Durood Sharif mentioned above, we will not get 80 years sins pardoned and 80 years worship added/minused from our account.

~ Sabr ~
06-11-2012, 08:50 AM
O ye who believe! cancel not your charity by reminders of your generosity or by injury,- like those who spend their substance to be seen of men, but believe neither in Allah nor in the Last Day.They are in parable like a hard, barren rock, on which is a little soil: on it falls heavy rain, which leaves it (Just) a bare stone.They will be able to do nothing with aught they have earned.And Allah guideth not those who reject faith.265 . And the likeness of those who spend their substance, seeking to please Allah and to strengthen their souls, is as a garden, high and fertile: heavy rain falls on it but makes it yield a double increase of harvest, and if it receives not Heavy rain, light moisture sufficeth it.Allah seeth well whatever ye do.
And what does this prove?!

Abz2000
06-11-2012, 08:57 AM
Provide DIRECT proof that if we read that Durood Sharif mentioned above, we will not get 80 years sins pardoned and 80 years worship added/minused from our account.
sister i think you may have misread my post, please go back and confirm that i quoted the brothers original post.

yasirslm
06-11-2012, 08:59 AM
What if by reading it my 80 years of sins are forgiven although I might not get 80 years of life or I can commit sins since by reading the same I came to know that my 80 years of sins are forgiven.

Thanks and Regards

Peace!!!

~ Sabr ~
06-11-2012, 09:01 AM
What if by reading it my 80 years of sins are forgiven although I might not get 80 years of life or I can commit sins since by reading the same I came to know that my 80 years of sins are forgiven.
Do you not believe the word of Allaah?

When Allaah and His Messenger have said something, that's it! It WILL happen!

How will you be raised up on the Day of Judgment? Will you question that as well now?!

~ Sabr ~
06-11-2012, 09:02 AM
sister i think you may have misread my post, please go back and confirm that i quoted the brothers original post.
And the brother is not wrong - these hadiths ARE real. You are saying that a person cannot get into Jannah by their own deeds - I agree. But this does not mean that these sorts of hadiths are NOT real.

Abz2000
06-11-2012, 09:10 AM
Quote Originally Posted by Abz2000 View Post
And what does this prove?!
please sister, i am not here to argue with you so let's not let it descend into a wrangle.
it proves that even charity which is counted out requires Allah's pleasure, which is not achieved by injury followed by it.
a man can give one date sincerely, and another can give $50bn, ones is accepted and the other's isn't.
that's what it proves.
it's not the deed itself, it's how Allah accepts it.

~ Sabr ~
06-11-2012, 09:12 AM
it's not the deed itself, it's how Allah accepts it.
When RasoolAllaah :saws: has said in a hadith that is will reward to THIS, then WHO are WE to ARGUE?! SubhaanAllaah we think SO MUCH of ourselves nowadays that we can interpret differently to what Allaah and His Rasool :saws: said?!

Allaahu Akbar !!

Abz2000
06-11-2012, 09:16 AM
And the brother is not wrong - these hadiths ARE real. You are saying that a person cannot get into Jannah by their own deeds - I agree. But this does not mean that these sorts of hadiths are NOT real.
i dunno sis, i never found it anyway, and didn't see a source from you, still.
the way i see it, i'm a sinner, and i need Allah's grace,
i REFUSE to count my good deeds, i'll just do what i can in the hope of pleasing Allah and pray that shahadah (if attainable) will take away any need to even account.

yasirslm
06-11-2012, 09:21 AM
People are more into such things(Reading them) cz they feel that it will reduce their sins in one day.......

~ Sabr ~
06-11-2012, 09:24 AM
:salamext:

People are more into such things(Reading them) cz they feel that it will reduce their sins in one day.......
Brother, please start your posts with a salaam, this is a Muslim forum.

Even if you don't read anything - TRUE and SINCERE repentance washes away ALL sins, no matter HOW sinful you are!

Say, "O My servants who have transgressed against themselves [by sinning], do not despair of the mercy of Allah . Indeed, Allah forgives all sins. Indeed, it is He who is the Forgiving, the Merciful."
[Qur'aan, Chapter 39, Verse 53]

~ Sabr ~
06-11-2012, 09:35 AM
i REFUSE to count my good deeds, i'll just do what i can in the hope of pleasing Allah and pray that shahadah (if attainable) will take away any need to even account.

When RasoolAllaah :saws: has said in a hadith that is will reward to THIS, then WHO are WE to ARGUE?! SubhaanAllaah we think SO MUCH of ourselves nowadays that we can interpret differently to what Allaah and His Rasool :saws: said?!

Allaahu Akbar !!

~ Sabr ~
06-11-2012, 09:37 AM
http://www.islamicboard.com/general/...ml#post1523486

So is this nothing according to you? It's from RasoolAllaah :saws:'s blessed lips!

Abz2000
06-11-2012, 10:09 AM
lol it's not nothing sis,
but there is such a thing called context and it is obvious when something is absolute or dependent.
would you say the drug dealer gets more reward for saying it repeatedly while he is driving down the road to serve a customer
- more than the man doing his best to serve Allah and please Him who is only saying it once?

be honest with yourself.
it is dependent on sincerity is it not, and sincerity is measured by Allah is it not?

then wot if you have a drug dealer who stops at the masjid in full humility to beg Allah's forgiveness and guidance, who would become furious if he sees a muslim harmed, or Allah's messenger reviled.
and another man who spends all day in the mosque, worshipping, praying and fasting, but whos heart is filled with hypocrisy or hatred towards other believers, and doesnt mind if Allah's messenger is reviled or Muslims are raped or slaughtered.
who are we to say that Allah may not guide that sinner and forgive him, yet throw the "'abd" in hellfire???

i am not disputing the hadith sis, but i am saying it is all dependent on Allah's pleasure.

That the People of the Book may know that they have no power whatever over the Grace of Allah
that (His) Grace is (entirely) in his hand to bestow it on whomsoever He wills.
For Allah is the Lord of Grace abounding.

Quran 57:29

~ Sabr ~
06-11-2012, 10:18 AM
Me and you are not in a position to interpret what the hadith means, behind the scenes. We are not that educated in Islaam. We can only go by what is apparent.

And Allaah Knows Best.

:salamext:

Muhaba
06-11-2012, 10:27 AM
nothing bad will happen if you don't forward a message to others. Good and bad are ordained by Allah, not by a message. believing that the message has the power to bring good or bad is shirk. there is no evidence for these sorts of claims. for example, in the past, noone would say that if you didn't propogate something to other people you would get bad luck. but with the internet, you see such claims. "send this email to 10 ppl and something good will happen. if you don't sent it, something bad will happen." but those claims are not true. and they are shirk.

as for duas and recitation of ayahs, there are rewards for it. if an authenticate hadith says recitation of some surah or dua will give a particular reward then it is true. but only that dua or durood is not enough to take a person to jannah. you have to follow the Prophet Muhammad (SAW) and the commandments of Allah in the Quran fully and refrain from every sin. don't think that you can sin and then recite the durood after asr and all your sins will be forgiven.

remember, there are two types of sins. the big and the small. i think that the small are forgiven but am unsure about the big ones. then there are personal sins and sins involving other human beings. if you've taken the right of another human being or caused someone else harm, that sin will not be forgiven unless you specifically ask that person to forgive you or you try to right the wrong done.

a third thing is that sins make a person's heart black, so with time a person may not care about even seeking forgiveness. And if a person is such a sinner, then he/she may not even get tawfiq to do dua or seek forgiveness. so abstain from all sins, do righteous deeds, right the wrongs done to others and don't wrong anyone else, and then read the duas and surahs.

Abz2000
06-11-2012, 10:30 AM
okie dokie :)

"The first thing created by God was the Intellect" (Prophetic hadith)

Aql (Intellect) in Islam is something which exists at two levels, on two planes of existence. There is the level of "reason and logic" which is available as an instrument to all mankind, and there is the level of the "universal intellect" to which only a few have reached. It exists at a higher level than the material world and encompasses and comprehends the lower worlds. Aql is that which connects man to the truth, not the evolving truths of science but the truth that flows from God and provides the key to all knowledge and all truth.
So the intellect (Aql) is the highest plane of man - it is the noblest part of man - it encompasses reason and logic and it stands above the ego. The Qur'an equates those who go astray with those who cannot (or will not) use their intellect - it uses the phrase 'wa la ya'qilun' (they do not use their intellect) or the phrase 'la yafaqahun' (they comprehend not). Those who do not use their intellect are those who have denied themselves access to one of the highest aspects of their humanity.

know that nobody will accept responsibility for your misdeeds on the day of judgement, no matter how learned they be, if you yourself didn't bother to at least try to reason and follow the best course.

i'm not saying you don't follow the best course, but to question and reason in order to increase, is the duty of a Muslim.

~ Sabr ~
06-11-2012, 10:36 AM
know that nobody will accept responsibility for your misdeeds on the day of judgement, no matter how learned they be, if you yourself didn't bother to at least try to reason and follow the best course.
LOL, did I say that anybody would? Yeah, but again, YOU and I are NOT scholars, so better to follow them.

Good Luck

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!